Discord Server Signup and Coupon Questions/Issues

Comments

• DAZ_ann0314 said:

ericolsen said:

Ok, apparently it set up more than one account for me yesterday when I added my email to my account (since originally I signed up with my phone number). I signed in via phone instead of email and that took me to another account, which is now verified. 

Glad you got it sorted out heart 

Yes, thank you for being a help!

• CapscesCapsces Posts: 465

DAZ_ann0314 said:

DAZ_ann0314 said:

Capsces said:

So,the Discord account has to be the same as my vendor name here? I'm signed up as Capsces over there and I can't link with Daz. I get the following error:

We didn't see your user on the Non-Fungible People Discord server.

It shouldn't need to be the same to my knowledge. Gimme one second to see if I can sort the issue heart 

OK try it now and see if it will work - the issue was you weren't verified on that server yet. That should be resolved now. Let me know if you still have any issues.

I can get in now. I thought I did the verify thing. At least I clicked the love hand. Unfortunately, I am not highly familiar with Discord or how it functions. Thanks though!smiley

• Nester751Nester751 Posts: 363
    edited December 2021

This promotion with the code was very poorly implimented. I am highly disappointed in Daz as I've been waiting 30 minutes and even submitted a ticket. Nothing like being frustrated for more than 40 minutes. This cost Daz another sale. Please test this process before putting it on the site. Link the information to the coupon rather than making a user search the forums. I can't waste any more time.

Post edited by Nester751 on
  • I've been trying this since just about when it started, and exchanging messages with the "gurus" on the channel... I was able to link the account and accept the invite without a problem, but the message I am supposed to respond to just says that I don't have permission to send a message (and the same thing if I select to open a ticket).  I've gone through it over and over (and over, etc) now, logging out, restarting, and so on, and always the same thing.  At this point seems I won't be able to get the coupon and maybe about time to give up on trying to use DAZ's Discord?

• It seemingly took a very long time and now the channel popped up. I recommend waiting.

• I've been waiting about 23 hours so far since I first accepted the invite... and the channel does pop up.  The problem is that I can't post/respond, the field for that where I would normally enter a comment is greyed out with the words "You Do Not Have Permission To Send In This Channel."

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,814

crikett said:

I've been waiting about 23 hours so far since I first accepted the invite... and the channel does pop up.  The problem is that I can't post/respond, the field for that where I would normally enter a comment is greyed out with the words "You Do Not Have Permission To Send In This Channel."

Do you have your ticket number in Discord or can you tell me the username you are using in Discord (I don't need the numbers that comes after your name, just the username itself) 

Nester751 said:

This promotion with the code was very poorly implimented. I am highly disappointed in Daz as I've been waiting 30 minutes and even submitted a ticket. Nothing like being frustrated for more than 40 minutes. This cost Daz another sale. Please test this process before putting it on the site. Link the information to the coupon rather than making a user search the forums. I can't waste any more time.

I am sorry that you had a poor user experience. If you change your mind and decide to try again, please let me know and I will try to do everything I can to get you all set up.  

• AndrewJJPAndrewJJP Posts: 634
    edited December 2021

I'm just sharing my experience becasue I know from my professional work how rare it is for real end-users to share the problems they encouter exept when they can't fix them. I want to emphasise this is about sharing user experience, not a complaint. For background, Discord is completely new to me and I still haven't taken the time to look at what it is... apart from a place to get Daz deals.

So here goes...

When you click on the "Join our Discord" banner, why not make that take the user to a page that leads them through what they have to do? Add lots of pretty art like you usually do on the promotions. IIRC, there were quite a lot of steps that you would add to that page. It's great to have them on the forum, but it feels like it should be more "in your face" when you sign up.

I believe these are the steps.

1. Install the Discord app / go to the web site and sign up,
    2. click the link below, go to the server,
    3. click the box at the top of the page,
    4. click the devil horns icon,
    5. look at the big list of discussions and find the Daz Daily Deals,
    6. in there click the link that links to your account,
    7. accept the privacy policy,
    8. wait 15 minutes,
    9. click the link with the day's deal.

This was my personal user experience...

I managed up to no. 3 before I got stuck went to the forum. Some people said some things about NFTs and then someone helped me in a reply (thanks again!), and I linked the accounts but the coupon still didn't work aftrer an hour. The moderator locked my thread, despite me saying the problem was not resolved, so I guess they misread it. Anyway, that left me to solve the problem myself.

The problem was I live in the UK. The promotion was valid for "today" and certainly wasn't there the night before. By 8:30am, it had expired but it was still promoted on Discord and the link to the items still worked. The deal was later re-opened (thanks again) and I got my free item, but maybe flash sales aside, these things need to run for 24 hours in future?

Anyway, just some suggestions. No complaints at all in here :)

Post edited by AndrewJJP on

AndrewJJP said:

I'm just sharing my experience becasue I know from my professional work how rare it is for real end-users to share the problems they encouter exept when they can't fix them. I want to emphasise this is about sharing user experience, not a complaint. For background, Discord is completely new to me and I still haven't taken the time to look at what it is... apart from a place to get Daz deals.

So here goes...

When you click on the "Join our Discord" banner, why not make that take the user to a page that leads them through what they have to do? Add lots of pretty art like you usually do on the promotions. IIRC, there were quite a lot of steps that you would add to that page. It's great to have them on the forum, but it feels like it should be more "in your face" when you sign up.

8. wait 15 minutes,

I managed up to no. 3 before I got stuck went to the forum. Some people said some things about NFTs and then someone helped me in a reply (thanks again!), and I linked the accounts but the coupon still didn't work aftrer an hour. The moderator locked my thread, despite me saying the problem was not resolved, so I guess they misread it. Anyway, that left me to solve the problem myself.

The problem was I live in the UK. The promotion was valid for "today" and certainly wasn't there the night before. By 8:30am, it had expired but it was still promoted on Discord and the link to the items still worked. The deal was later re-opened (thanks again) and I got my free item, but maybe flash sales aside, these things need to run for 24 hours in future?

Thank you for outlining your experience. We are very sorry the offer had expired on you by the time you got through with the process and that the process has been labored for you and others. That was not our intent. I will forward on the outline. Thank you for taking the time putting it together.  

• DAZ_ann0314 said:

AndrewJJP said:

So here goes...

8. wait 15 minutes,

Thank you for outlining your experience. We are very sorry the offer had expired on you by the time you got through with the process and that the process has been labored for you and others. That was not our intent. I will forward on the outline. Thank you for taking the time putting it together.  

No apology necessary, honestly. As an industry professional, it looks to me as if you've just done something new and complex, and the technical process went pretty smoothly. What was missing was the documentation and maybe there was some assumed Discord knowledge. The offer expiring was unfortunate, I didn't imagine for one moment it was intentional!

It's purely that nobody ever tells me why they find the software I'm responsible for hard to use, and I wish they would! If I can make suggestions I think might help others, I'm always happy to do so :)

AndrewJJP said:

DAZ_ann0314 said:

AndrewJJP said:

So here goes...

8. wait 15 minutes,

No apology necessary, honestly. As an industry professional, it looks to me as if you've just done something new and complex, and the technical process went pretty smoothly. What was missing was the documentation and maybe there was some assumed Discord knowledge. The offer expiring was unfortunate, I didn't imagine for one moment it was intentional!

It's purely that nobody ever tells me why they find the software I'm responsible for hard to use, and I wish they would! If I can make suggestions I think might help others, I'm always happy to do so :)

Well we greatly appreciate the feedback. Thank you for taking the time to give it heart 

• James_HJames_H Posts: 1,006

OK, how do I get the Daz discord into the discord app? What is the server?

edited December 2021

James_H said:

OK, how do I get the Daz discord into the discord app? What is the server?

You can use the link here: https://www.daz3d.com/join-our-nfp-discord (The Step 1 Link) If you have the Discord app installed then once you click "Join Our Discord" there will be another link that says "Continue to Discord" Once you have clicked that, you should be able to see it in the app. That said, if you prefer to search for the server, you can type Non-Fungible People in the search and that should bring it up. 

Post edited by DAZ_ann0314 on
  • Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,333

I wish to fully opt out from all messages, notifications and advertising relating to the Discord server, as I refuse to participate in (i.e. add to the value/statistics of) the NFT system as it currently stands and, as with Daz's initial NFT push, I am unwilling to spend money at your store while you are actively advertising the system to me.

How can I arrange this?

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,494

Oops, looks like I'm not verified.

Matt_Castle said:

I wish to fully opt out from all messages, notifications and advertising relating to the Discord server, as I refuse to participate in (i.e. add to the value/statistics of) the NFT system as it currently stands and, as with Daz's initial NFT push, I am unwilling to spend money at your store while you are actively advertising the system to me.

How can I arrange this?

You would need to put in a help ticket: https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new and choose sales support and see what they can do.  

NylonGirl said:

Did you get this resolved? Are you verified now? 

DAZ_ann0314 said:

NylonGirl said:

I don't think so.  

• My Discord banned after registration and verificaton with email and phone number. Waiting support answer.

edited December 2021

PryanikBoss said:

My Discord banned after registration and verificaton with email and phone number. Waiting support answer.

That is strange. Maybe it thought the account was hacked (if you don't use it often or it wanted you to verify something on the Discord side - I hate it when companies make it so I get flagged for using my own accounts) Sadly, I can help with the specific Daz Server but not with Discord itself (separate company/entity) Hopefully they will get it sorted for you quickly. Sorry for any inconvenience you are experiencing. 

NylonGirl said:

DAZ_ann0314 said:

NylonGirl said:

I don't think so.  

What is the username on Discord (just give me the username but don't include the numbers for added security) and I can take a look at it for you heart 

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,767

PryanikBoss said:

My Discord banned after registration and verificaton with email and phone number. Waiting support answer.

This happened to me too. I contacted Discord support and they unbanned me after a day or so.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,426

DAZ_ann0314 said:

scormus_c3ab4e5c4e said:

Thanks. I followed the ticket and found a previous account totally unrealted to anything Daz3D. It would help, I think, to explain more what Discord actually is - since this NFP group are merely one user community.

I added some useful terms/explinations to the first post. Do you think that helps or should I explain different?

Does anyone think anything needs added?

well, the entire thing is like reading a foreign language you have no idea about. It needs to start at step one.... what is this? And then why do I even care? Then what the hell is this metaverse thing. Its cryptic like calculus when your;re 9, unless a genius. Then you have to deal with Discord which is another screwy thing. It remionds me of the internet prior to GUIs,,... command line stuff. I left tha tin the dust a long time ago. Plus it moves at a rocketship pace. You writecome back in a few hours and its gone forward 1000 posts or something. it might be only 2 or 3 hundred, but trying to find your last one is near impossible and it all doesn;t load that fast. 

daveso said:

DAZ_ann0314 said:

scormus_c3ab4e5c4e said:

Thanks. I followed the ticket and found a previous account totally unrealted to anything Daz3D. It would help, I think, to explain more what Discord actually is - since this NFP group are merely one user community.

I added some useful terms/explinations to the first post. Do you think that helps or should I explain different?

well, the entire thing is like reading a foreign language you have no idea about. It needs to start at step one.... what is this? And then why do I even care? Then what the hell is this metaverse thing. Its cryptic like calculus when your;re 9, unless a genius. Then you have to deal with Discord which is another screwy thing. It remionds me of the internet prior to GUIs,,... command line stuff. I left tha tin the dust a long time ago. Plus it moves at a rocketship pace. You writecome back in a few hours and its gone forward 1000 posts or something. it might be only 2 or 3 hundred, but trying to find your last one is near impossible and it all doesn;t load that fast. 

My first post in this thread is like reading a foreign language? I am only trying to explain how to sign up, and I was trying to be sure that was clear. If you feel it was not, please let me know what you are finding confusing and Ill try to clarify it better (in the instructions in the first post here)

If you are speaking of the Discord Server, you could make a suggestion over there Suggestions Channel on the NFP Discord Server.  

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,426

DAZ_ann0314 said:

daveso said:

DAZ_ann0314 said:

scormus_c3ab4e5c4e said:

My first post in this thread is like reading a foreign language? I am only trying to explain how to sign up, and I was trying to be sure that was clear. If you feel it was not, please let me know what you are finding confusing and Ill try to clarify it better (in the instructions in the first post here)

If you are speaking of the Discord Server, you could make a suggestion over there Suggestions Channel on the NFP Discord Server.  

sorry..i think i may have confused what thread I'm in. I'm just too confused all the time. Think I'm going back to rendering and forget all this other add on stuff, but usin DS is too confusing as well.  I'm alos getting into 3d printing, but that's a jumble too. Maybe just walking in the goods would be cool, in the spring, or maybe early fall.  

• I somewhat understand the how, but I'm not getting the why.  Other than periodic coupon codes, what would I get out of joining this channel/chat/list/whatever and linking accounts of different programs?  Not trying to be a jerk, I'm seriously asking.  Multiple people have tried to convince me to create a Discord account, but so far I haven't seen any reason for it.  If it comes with a bunch of free stuff, maybe that's a reason, but how does it fit with Daz?  I've only known gamers to use it.

I'm not opposed to something like a place to connect with and get help from other Daz users, could even see use for it in socializing and networking, but:

1. This doesn't read as anything even related to Daz studio, so don't know how much use that will be.
    2. I don't get how linking accounts does anything since the two systems don't seem to connect, not even a single sign-on, and this looks to be the place where people are getting the most tripped up.
    3. How is this more useful than something like a subreddit, or even this forum, where anyone can at least browse the content?  I don't have a Reddit account, but I do browse them for information frequently - plus it's searchable both on its own and through Google.  I've never found that I can retrieve information from a Discord thing.

If someone can answer those fundamental questions, I might consider this. 

edited December 2021

DAZ_ann0314 said:

NylonGirl said:

DAZ_ann0314 said:

NylonGirl said:

I don't think so.  

What is the username on Discord (just give me the username but don't include the numbers for added security) and I can take a look at it for you heart 

The UserName is Nylon*****

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,807

@Phoenix Night, to try to answer some of your questions ...

Discord is just a chat system -- the thing it's most like is probably IRC, if you are familiar with that. It was developed for gamers (because the chat systems in most games sucked), but it's now used by anyone who wants a way to provide group-chat.

The connection to DAZ seems to be that DAZ have decided that a group chat system is an appropriate way to promote their new NFT sideline. Discord is familiar to many people, and it's relatively easy to set up a Discord server, so that's presumably why they went with Discord.

In answer to (1), I don't know if they intend it to be a general DAZ venue, or if it'll be wholly focused on NFTs. My guess is that it's the latter, so it probably won't be a great place to go for DAZ Studio help or discussion.

As for (2), the point of linking accounts is not to support SSO (as far as I know) or anything like that. The Discord server is so that they can market NFTs to people. The coupons are to get people to sign up for the Discord server and get marketed-at. Because the coupons are a reward for signing up for Discord, they don't want to give them out to just anyone. Hence the need for account linking so that they can verify that you've earned the reward. That's all -- as far as I know -- there is to it.

As for (3), I don't think usefulness is the primary goal here. They're trying to create a community that is excited about the NFTs that they're trying to sell. This is rather different from a community of software users -- as in these forums -- where there's value in preserving shared knowledge and making it searchable. I don't know if there's any useful shared knowledge associated with NFTs: maybe there is, but that can probably go in the new Non-Fungible Token (NFT) Art forum on this site. But the Discord server is apparently intended to provide a kind of ephemeral, real-time experience that -- having presumably done some kind of research -- DAZ have decided is appropriate for selling NFTs.

For the record, rather against my better judgment, I signed up for the Discord server. I did so partly because I wanted to see what was going on, and partly because I am a shameless addict who will do anything for special-offer coupons. But the channels on the server seemed to consist of a lot of excited chatter about NFTs from people with names like KryptoKidd420 and ETHDudeElon, and the coupons didn't work (because my DAZ email doesn't match my Discord email), so I left the server.

I don't think I'll be back. And if that means I miss out on some special offers, well, that's probably all for the best. And if DAZ goes so far down the NFT rabbithole that it ceases to be useful to those of us who want to make 3D art, well, that might not be a bad thing either. I'll save some money that way.

Anyway, I don't think there's a convincing reason to sign up for their Discord server unless you are interested in NFTs as -- correct me if I'm wrong, @DAZ_ann0314, I think the goal of their Discord is to focus on NFTs rather than to be a general resource for DAZ users/customers.

• DAZ_ann0314 said:

crikett said:

I've been waiting about 23 hours so far since I first accepted the invite... and the channel does pop up.  The problem is that I can't post/respond, the field for that where I would normally enter a comment is greyed out with the words "You Do Not Have Permission To Send In This Channel."

Do you have your ticket number in Discord or can you tell me the username you are using in Discord (I don't need the numbers that comes after your name, just the username itself) 

My Discord username is GreatCthulu, and I don't have a ticket number (as I don't have permission on any of the channels and cannot submit a ticket).