Discord Server Signup and Coupon Questions/Issues

Comments

• Hylas said:

Do I need to click the goat-head emoji to get verified, or is that a separate thing?

Sorry for the dumb question but I'm a little skittish... this is my 2nd try, the 1st time around I got banned for seemingly no reason, so I want to do it right this time. I can't afford to get banned on discord again! crying

By goathead, you mean the i love you hand symbol? LOLs  otherwise, give me your discord name and I can also bypass this step for you manually.  You still will have to verify on the daz website that you are in our discord community. 

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,771
    edited December 2021

Daz_Jessica said:

Hylas said:

Do I need to click the goat-head emoji to get verified, or is that a separate thing?

Sorry for the dumb question but I'm a little skittish... this is my 2nd try, the 1st time around I got banned for seemingly no reason, so I want to do it right this time. I can't afford to get banned on discord again! crying

By goathead, you mean the i love you hand symbol? LOLs  otherwise, give me your discord name and I can also bypass this step for you manually.  You still will have to verify on the daz website that you are in our discord community. 

Yes, that's the one...

Hold on, I think I might have just figured it out. I'll post again if I run into more issues.

Thanks for the support, and for extending yesterdays offer!

The answer, btw if anyone else has the same question, is yes. You do have to click the goat head devils horns emoji (LOL) in order to procede in the process.

ETA: Wooo! It worked out!

Post edited by Hylas on
  • DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,815
    edited December 2021

Hylas said:

Daz_Jessica said:

Hylas said:

Yes, that's the one...

Hold on, I think I might have just figured it out. I'll post again if I run into more issues.

Thanks for the support, and for extending yesterdays offer!

The answer, btw if anyone else has the same question, is yes. You do have to click the goat head devils horns emoji (LOL) in order to procede in the process.

ETA: Wooo! It worked out!

Technically with Devil's Horns the thumb is over the middle two fingers buuuut if you are of a certain rock n roll age (as I am) - it is VERY easy to think its that laugh. I thought it was too LOL, as have others. But its the I Love you Sign in Sign Language, as the thumb isnt holding those fingers, though I say rock on with all the love (then we cover both bases) hehe  

Post edited by DAZ_ann0314 on
  • I tried to sign up to this Discord thing, but it say my email address is already registered, it says the account is unclaimed, I haven't received any emails from it and have never heard of it before today, it won't allow me to claim it or verify the account and it won't allow me access to the help system to message anyone. I just ended up wasting half an hour going round in circles being asked repreatedly by bots to verify that I am human. Whatever this thing is: I think the user interface sucks. -1 point to Daz for wasting my time.

• chromchrom Posts: 254

I got message "acount verrified ..." but coupon doesn't work.

There is no page for selected items and the only restriction is DAZ  original. So every DAZ  original should work, or?

scormus_c3ab4e5c4e said:

I tried to sign up to this Discord thing, but it say my email address is already registered, it says the account is unclaimed, I haven't received any emails from it and have never heard of it before today, it won't allow me to claim it or verify the account and it won't allow me access to the help system to message anyone. I just ended up wasting half an hour going round in circles being asked repreatedly by bots to verify that I am human. Whatever this thing is: I think the user interface sucks. -1 point to Daz for wasting my time.

I believe you can submit a help ticket to Discord here: https://support.discord.com/hc/en-us/requests/new Sadly, that is not something we would be able to help resolve. I am sorry you ran into issues.  

chrom said:

I got message "acount verrified ..." but coupon doesn't work.

There is no page for selected items and the only restriction is DAZ  original. So every DAZ  original should work, or?

The link for the selection of items is in the channel called daz-daily-deals under Giveaways and Contests in the Non-Fungible People Server on Discord (its in the very first post in that channel). You can only use the coupon on the items that are from that link.  

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167

DAZ_ann0314 said:

I figured Id make an offical thread for anyone having issues signing up to Discord, linking the two accounts, or having issues using the coupons so we can keep them all in one spot. 

They want my cell phone #, not my voip, not my google phone. I get enough "market research" on my phone already. Until there's another way I'm not sticking my neck out for this.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Will there be a daily DAZ deal on discord server is implied or is that just a generic hashtag #daz-daily-deals that was reused?  

edited December 2021

StratDragon said:

DAZ_ann0314 said:

I figured Id make an offical thread for anyone having issues signing up to Discord, linking the two accounts, or having issues using the coupons so we can keep them all in one spot. 

They want my cell phone #, not my voip, not my google phone. I get enough "market research" on my phone already. Until there's another way I'm not sticking my neck out for this.

Who wants your cellphone number? Discord?

I think they do have the two  way authentication thing but I am not positive and I am not sure that you have to set that up to signup.  Sadly, I signed up to Discord years ago now (probably almost 10 years ago) so I can't recall anymore what they ask. If you want, you could try to screenshot what you are seeing and I can see if I can help. 

• DAZ_ann0314 said:

I believe you can submit a help ticket to Discord here: https://support.discord.com/hc/en-us/requests/new Sadly, that is not something we would be able to help resolve. I am sorry you ran into issues.  

Thanks. I followed the ticket and found a previous account totally unrealted to anything Daz3D. It would help, I think, to explain more what Discord actually is - since this NFP group are merely one user community.

Anyway I logged in with my correct account and joined the NFP group. Now when I try to link to it from Daz3D (step 2) after clicking "Authorize" I get an "Oops you're not verified" error message in Daz3D. Anything else always returns me to the same point.

edited December 2021

scormus_c3ab4e5c4e said:

Thanks. I followed the ticket and found a previous account totally unrealted to anything Daz3D. It would help, I think, to explain more what Discord actually is - since this NFP group are merely one user community.

Anyway I logged in with my correct account and joined the NFP group. Now when I try to link to it from Daz3D (step 2) after clicking "Authorize" I get an "Oops you're not verified" error message in Daz3D. Anything else always returns me to the same point.

Glad we got you through that part. On step 2, did you go to the one room in the server and click the icon (just being sure). If you did, give it a little time as I think they have to do something (the moderators in that room) to finish the process in some instances. If you still have an issue or it doesnt get verified in like 15 min then I would go to the room/channel all the way at the bottom labeled  open-a-ticket and then click the Create Ticket button. I believe the issue is that it didn't verify you on the discord side on the NFP server yet (You got signed up to Discord and in the server now but they have to verify after you click the one reaction button)

• manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,395
    edited December 2021

i don't have a discord - i generally avoid all kind of data spreading sites like social network platforms, cuz you neber know where they give out your info, use it themselves, or get hacked. afterwards, everyone is sorry but yeah, your data has been leaked.. DA is the big exception, the only one i graned myself (and it's not a social network platform per se. and it's not the 1st time some place i go uses discord either, up to now, ialways said no.

BUT, who doesn't like freebies, like real, recent, full daz products (not 30 years old textures for stuff that barely still exists and that almost nobody would even dream of using nowadays and that are called freebies *couugh*). i know i do. i'd love the hell princess or whatever she's called.

so, question: this whole thing here, not only do we have to register on discord, but ALSO it gets linked to daz. so somehow, on a "secure" server that is going to get hacked at some point sooner or later or has partnerships with who know who, not only does the data i give just to open an account circulates, but there's a direct link to my daz account too? like  i have no idea how this works, but can someone having access to discord's core somehow gtrace my stuff back in daz too??

yup i'm paranoid, and not an IT expert so i imagine wild things. also, my stuff has never been hacked from facebook, insta etc - i don't have any....

EDIT: not correcting the million typos - get a text corrector daz, or allow the browser's.

Post edited by manekiNeko on
  • I did open a ticket last night. As of yet I am still not verified. 

• DAZ_JonDAZ_Jon Posts: 582

i don't have a discord - i generally avoid all kind of data spreading sites like social network platforms, cuz you neber know where they give out your info, use it themselves, or get hacked. afterwards, everyone is sorry but yeah, your data has been leaked.. DA is the big exception, the only one i graned myself (and it's not a social network platform per se. and it's not the 1st time some place i go uses discord either, up to now, ialways said no.

BUT, who doesn't like freebies, like real, recent, full daz products (not 30 years old textures for stuff that barely still exists and that almost nobody would even dream of using nowadays and that are called freebies *couugh*). i know i do. i'd love the hell princess or whatever she's called.

so, question: this whole thing here, not only do we have to register on discord, but ALSO it gets linked to daz. so somehow, on a "secure" server that is going to get hacked at some point sooner or later or has partnerships with who know who, not only does the data i give just to open an account circulates, but there's a direct link to my daz account too? like  i have no idea how this works, but can someone having access to discord's core somehow gtrace my stuff back in daz too??

yup i'm paranoid, and not an IT expert so i imagine wild things. also, my stuff has never been hacked from facebook, insta etc - i don't have any....

EDIT: not correcting the million typos - get a text corrector daz, or allow the browser's.

Discord doesn't get any personal data or access to your Daz account with the link. All Daz gets and saves is your discord ID so we can verify it. If discord got hacked, they couldn't get access to anything Daz related and vice versa.
    edited December 2021

scormus_c3ab4e5c4e said:

I added some useful terms/explinations to the first post. Do you think that helps or should I explain different?

Does anyone think anything needs added as far as the instruction on how to link between the Discord and Store account or on using the coupons?

• Discord is exactly the same pile of dog poop it was when I tried to use it for finding out about Flowscape future developments. I have no idea what happened to my registration, but no e-mails are coming to my email address. The discord app is being binned off my Android device and I will chalk it up to experience. NFT=Discord=Not For TheeorMe.

ericolsen said:

I did open a ticket last night. As of yet I am still not verified. 

(I likely know the answer but just to be sure and clarify) You opened a ticket in the Discord Server, not here on the website correct? If so, let me know and maybe let me know the username you chose on Discord and I can look into getting it resolved for you. I am terribly sorry this has been a headache for you, but I will make sure we get it sorted for you.  

• manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,395

DAZ_Jon said:

manekiNeko said:

Discord doesn't get any personal data or access to your Daz account with the link. All Daz gets and saves is your discord ID so we can verify it. If discord got hacked, they couldn't get access to anything Daz related and vice versa.

hmmm.. good to know. however meanwhile i just googled the 3 words "discord" "hacked" "leaked" together and i see well, it's an issue. short, it's not IF it's WHEN. i guess i could register, get my princess... and close my discord again, since i have no interst whatsoever in anything else than this one free PA product, sorry NFP etc. but for the same reason i renounced some cool software daily to avoid registering on those calendar sites... pity, i woulda loved the freebie *sob*
    reminds me of recently when one couldenter a contest.. only if they posted stuff on their social media. i'm feeling like left aside. ok, i have no chance to ever win a contest cuz i suck at 3d big time, but still... it's like getting forced to go social, oparticipate on other platforms, all pushed by here :/

thanks @DAZ_Jon for the info anyways ^^

• ericolsenericolsen Posts: 350
    edited December 2021

DAZ_ann0314 said:

ericolsen said:

(I likely know the answer but just to be sure and clarify) You opened a ticket in the Discord Server, not here on the website correct? If so, let me know and maybe let me know the username you chose on Discord and I can look into getting it resolved for you. I am terribly sorry this has been a headache for you, but I will make sure we get it sorted for you.  

Yes I opened ticket 0072 on the Discord server.  The username it gave me is *Removed*. Thanks for the help!

• I tried three times last night and twice again this morning, getting the same stupid result, an error on their site. Nothing wrong on that site. Since I don't care about this NonFungable crap I decided I must have done something, and thought I try again. Only to be informed that my e-mail was already in use. So just got fed up and deleted the account, which exists. I could even post the e-mail from them. But at this point I don't give a flying fig. I was really just interested in the freebie, and now thats gone. You should have done better testing before the offer. Be a big boy company for a change.

edited December 2021

ericolsen said:

DAZ_ann0314 said:

ericolsen said:

Yes I opened ticket 0072 on the Discord server.  The username it gave me is *Removed* Thanks for the help!

Thank you heart I'll reply here to you once I look into it. Thank you for your patience. 

Yes I opened ticket 0072 on the Discord server.  The username it gave me is *Removed* Thanks for the help!

OK someone over in the Discord Channel took a look and tried to get you verified, let me know if that worked or not.   

• N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,436

I've been ripped off by a third-party content creator, because I refused to join Discord. So if I've refused to join because of some rip-off merchant, Daz has got no chance. ^^'

Although I thought Daz were posting voucher/coupon codes on Facebook. They seem to have dried up (unless my feed is playing up, again). 

• DAZ_ann0314 said:

Yes I opened ticket 0072 on the Discord server.  The username it gave me is *Removed* Thanks for the help!

OK someone over in the Discord Channel took a look and tried to get you verified, let me know if that worked or not.   

it did not. They sent me back here:

Kolan: There is a thread at their forum addressing the problem, maybe you find some help there? https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/535326/discord-server-signup-and-coupon-questions-issues/p1

• Ok, apparently it set up more than one account for me yesterday when I added my email to my account (since originally I signed up with my phone number). I signed in via phone instead of email and that took me to another account, which is now verified. 

• CapscesCapsces Posts: 465

So,the Discord account has to be the same as my vendor name here? I'm signed up as Capsces over there and I can't link with Daz. I get the following error:

We didn't see your user on the Non-Fungible People Discord server.

Capsces said:

So,the Discord account has to be the same as my vendor name here? I'm signed up as Capsces over there and I can't link with Daz. I get the following error:

It shouldn't need to be the same to my knowledge. Gimme one second to see if I can sort the issue heart 

edited December 2021

DAZ_ann0314 said:

Capsces said:

It shouldn't need to be the same to my knowledge. Gimme one second to see if I can sort the issue heart 

OK try it now and see if it will work - the issue was you weren't verified on that server yet. That should be resolved now. Let me know if you still have any issues.

ericolsen said:

Ok, apparently it set up more than one account for me yesterday when I added my email to my account (since originally I signed up with my phone number). I signed in via phone instead of email and that took me to another account, which is now verified. 

Glad you got it sorted out heart