Discord Server Signup and Coupon Questions/Issues

Comments

• As I just mentioned to Cake_One in DM, after ;ooking at the Discord admin documentation, I guess the question is, what role shows as being assigned to my user account?  I would assume there is a basic user role that has been set up, to allow posting and the like.  Is this the role that shows up for my account?  My instinct based on what I am seeing is that there is some mismatch between the role that is assigned and what should have been assigned.

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750
    edited December 2021

Aaaaand the same amateur marketing going on as each and every day in DAZland:

Orange Banner on the top, telling me that I can get "a free DAZ original with promo code XXXXXX" and even a special promo page on the website, but all the "shop now" lead to the get registered at Discord - which I am already - and in the daz-daily-deals channel there, no link to the DAZ originals that are free anywhere...

Come on, peeps at DAZ... it's 9:00 am here in Germany.. I got other things to do today - like going to my dentist to get a tooth pulled out - and can't wait all day in front of my computer until you manage to get your sh*t done right...

EDIT
    Using my Sherlock Holmes-ish detective skills I found out - by doing an uneducated guess - that the items seem to be found at this spot: ******

Post edited by DAZ_ann0314 on
  • jjmainorjjmainor Posts: 477
    edited December 2021

So if we're already verified, we're not elegible for the daily deal?

*edit  followed the wrong link.  For anyone trying to find it, the post above this one has the correct link for today's deal.

Post edited by jjmainor on
  • chromchrom Posts: 254

no link in discord for todays promo 

• Could we *not* have daily orange banners pushing this NFT group? Or have an opt-out for anything related to NFTs?

I've kept my (very negative) thoughts about NFTs to myself here, but this daily hawking of them via pop-up is magnifying the already negative feelings that Daz has generated this month (changing the category sales mid-day, ultra-short flash sales, etc). It's been quite easy to avoid spending any money here this past week.
  • maikdecker said:

Aaaaand the same amateur marketing going on as each and every day in DAZland:

Orange Banner on the top, telling me that I can get "a free DAZ original with promo code XXXXXX" and even a special promo page on the website, but all the "shop now" lead to the get registered at Discord - which I am already - and in the daz-daily-deals channel there, no link to the DAZ originals that are free anywhere...

Come on, peeps at DAZ... it's 9:00 am here in Germany.. I got other things to do today - like going to my dentist to get a tooth pulled out - and can't wait all day in front of my computer until you manage to get your sh*t done right...

EDIT
    Using my Sherlock Holmes-ish detective skills I found out - by doing an uneducated guess - that the items seem to be found at this spot: DAZ item for You 4

Thanks, but notwithstanding posting the above link, it needs to be available in the Discord DAZ Daily Deals channel. Not everybody will see it on this thread. 

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,815

NylonGirl said:

DAZ_ann0314 said:

NylonGirl said:

DAZ_ann0314 said:

NylonGirl said:

Oops, looks like I'm not verified.

Did you get this resolved? Are you verified now? 

I don't think so.  

What is the username on Discord (just give me the username but don't include the numbers for added security) and I can take a look at it for you heart 

The UserName is Nylon*****

It was not verified, I have now resolved that for you. Please try again with my sincere apologies that the verification glitched on you. 

crikett said:

As I just mentioned to Cake_One in DM, after ;ooking at the Discord admin documentation, I guess the question is, what role shows as being assigned to my user account?  I would assume there is a basic user role that has been set up, to allow posting and the like.  Is this the role that shows up for my account?  My instinct based on what I am seeing is that there is some mismatch between the role that is assigned and what should have been assigned.

There can be a lag, so sometimes when you hit to verify it doesn't go straight through and also the bot itself can "hiccup" depending on the number of signups and verifications at one time so in some cases it seems like it's done but then it isn't. I can't recall now but did you get squared away? If not, let me know what your username was over there (do not include the number here) and I can take a look and see if that is the issue. 

• I went back to the first post in the thread to carefully read the steps for verification. I had missed needing to do the final authorization. Once I did, the coupon for the 6th worked for me.

edited December 2021

EDIT
    Using my Sherlock Holmes-ish detective skills I found out - by doing an uneducated guess - that the items seem to be found at this spot: ******

Its in the daz-daily-deals room now. I am not sure if it was yet when you went on, but it is there now so you and everyone else knows. 

edited December 2021

EDIT

Thanks, but notwithstanding posting the above link, it needs to be available in the Discord DAZ Daily Deals channel. Not everybody will see it on this thread. 

It is there now so you and everyone else knows.  

doubledeviant said:

Could we *not* have daily orange banners pushing this NFT group? Or have an opt-out for anything related to NFTs?

I've kept my (very negative) thoughts about NFTs to myself here, but this daily hawking of them via pop-up is magnifying the already negative feelings that Daz has generated this month (changing the category sales mid-day, ultra-short flash sales, etc). It's been quite easy to avoid spending any money here this past week.

You would need to put in a help ticket: https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new and choose sales support and see what they can do.   

edited December 2021

Xellosz said:

Item list? etc... (It's still not up.)

Moved your post to this thread since the question is about the Discord Signup. Please check the first post of this thread and follow the steps. If you have any questions, please let me know.

• Errrrr, its not working for me.........its coming up as invalid and I've now losted intrest...Bahhh Hum Bug!

ShadowBox24 said:

Errrrr, its not working for me.........its coming up as invalid and I've now losted intrest...Bahhh Hum Bug!

If you change your mind, please see the first post in this thread for how to do all the steps. If you do that and then have any issues, please let me know and I can get it resolved for you. 

• mwokeemwokee Posts: 1,275
    This Discord process is a mess, doesn't work, and not worth the bother.

mwokee said:

This Discord process is a mess, doesn't work, and not worth the bother.

I am very sorry that you found the process difficult. If you change your mind please let me know and I'd be happy to help you through the process. 

edited December 2021

PLEASE NOTE:

All instructions (Step by Step) are listed in the 1st post of this thread here: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/535326/discord-server-signup-and-coupon-questions-issues/p1 along with some troubleshooting steps.

If you are having issues getting Verified in the Discord Server (which generally seems to be the case in most instances), please give me the Discord Username in this thread (DO NOT INCLUDE THE #numbers after it though) and I will double check for you to be sure you are properly set up there. 

If you are having issues with using the Coupon, the link to the proper Category of Products is on Discord in the daz-daily-deals Channel that is listed under GIVEAWAYS & CONTESTS. It is located on that page with a Blue Link

• Another giveaway on discord that fails to work,please do a better work with this stuff, the banner says "join discord... bla bla bla",gives a code but no link to a list of valid items,account on discord linked here but the coupon still doesn't work.

• Hmm. I glanced over this thread, and my first question is not about the technicalities (I may or may not wrestle with those later).

I looked at FAQ's, and was honestly a little unsettled by the following ... surprise

"8,888 generative 3D PFPs designed to portray powerful, self-expressive women and non-binary people from all walks of life. Like every woman and non-binary person IRL, this collection highlights how not one character is the same. Each has their own unique qualities and characteristics that are all beautifully rendered into hyper-realistic 3D Non-Fungible People."

----

The first thought to come to my mind is, "Are [binary] men excluded, or unwelcome?" sad

I enjoy dial-spinning, and creating unique 3D characters. Some of those characters are men. Would those characters be unwelcome? Is my art to be excluded, just because some of my work is designed to be binary men?

I also have brothers, and friends, who are IRL binary men. The phrasing seems a little excluding, on the surface. I hope this is merely an oversight?

Also weird that women and non-binary are grouped together so tightly. Although there are overlaps, on the whole these are two very different groups.

I'm a woman who is definitely binary. I'm not imposing that on anyone else, just wanting as much respect for who I am as the non-binaries want for who they are. It almost sounds like this is not respected. I ~really~ hope I'm misunderstanding!

Women's rights have been spat upon for centuries. It should not be needful to be a "non-binary" female just to be treated like a respected human being. Does this make sense to anyone besides just me? blush

Anyhow ... I'll watch for a reply. However, if the group is dissing men, or dissing binary females, then ... honestly, I won't fit in. No offense taken or intended, just a recognition of different perspectives that might not be a very good match.

I figure there are fewer dumb questions than dumb mistakes. So I'm asking, up front. Not much point wasting time and energy both being uncomfortable, and making others feel uncomfortable, when it's entirely unnecessary.

Thank you for your time, and I hope you have a nice day. smiley

• Mail4gamez said:

Another giveaway on discord that fails to work,please do a better work with this stuff, the banner says "join discord... bla bla bla",gives a code but no link to a list of valid items,account on discord linked here but the coupon still doesn't work.

Did you complete the verification process?

• Eden Evergreen said:

Hmm. I glanced over this thread, and my first question is not about the technicalities (I may or may not wrestle with those later).

I looked at FAQ's, and was honestly a little unsettled by the following ... surprise

"8,888 generative 3D PFPs designed to portray powerful, self-expressive women and non-binary people from all walks of life. Like every woman and non-binary person IRL, this collection highlights how not one character is the same. Each has their own unique qualities and characteristics that are all beautifully rendered into hyper-realistic 3D Non-Fungible People."

----

The first thought to come to my mind is, "Are [binary] men excluded, or unwelcome?" sad

I enjoy dial-spinning, and creating unique 3D characters. Some of those characters are men. Would those characters be unwelcome? Is my art to be excluded, just because some of my work is designed to be binary men?

I also have brothers, and friends, who are IRL binary men. The phrasing seems a little excluding, on the surface. I hope this is merely an oversight?

Also weird that women and non-binary are grouped together so tightly. Although there are overlaps, on the whole these are two very different groups.

I'm a woman who is definitely binary. I'm not imposing that on anyone else, just wanting as much respect for who I am as the non-binaries want for who they are. It almost sounds like this is not respected. I ~really~ hope I'm misunderstanding!

Women's rights have been spat upon for centuries. It should not be needful to be a "non-binary" female just to be treated like a respected human being. Does this make sense to anyone besides just me? blush

Anyhow ... I'll watch for a reply. However, if the group is dissing men, or dissing binary females, then ... honestly, I won't fit in. No offense taken or intended, just a recognition of different perspectives that might not be a very good match.

I figure there are fewer dumb questions than dumb mistakes. So I'm asking, up front. Not much point wasting time and energy both being uncomfortable, and making others feel uncomfortable, when it's entirely unnecessary.

As far as I know this is just the first product set, not the only kind of thing they will do.

• DAZ_ann0314 said:

crikett said:

As I just mentioned to Cake_One in DM, after ;ooking at the Discord admin documentation, I guess the question is, what role shows as being assigned to my user account?  I would assume there is a basic user role that has been set up, to allow posting and the like.  Is this the role that shows up for my account?  My instinct based on what I am seeing is that there is some mismatch between the role that is assigned and what should have been assigned.

There can be a lag, so sometimes when you hit to verify it doesn't go straight through and also the bot itself can "hiccup" depending on the number of signups and verifications at one time so in some cases it seems like it's done but then it isn't. I can't recall now but did you get squared away? If not, let me know what your username was over there (do not include the number here) and I can take a look and see if that is the issue. 

No, nothing has changed, still "no permission."

Mail4gamez said:

Another giveaway on discord that fails to work,please do a better work with this stuff, the banner says "join discord... bla bla bla",gives a code but no link to a list of valid items,account on discord linked here but the coupon still doesn't work.

You have to go to the daz-daily-deals room on the Discord Non-Fungible People Server to get the link. The link is there in that room. 

edited December 2021

crikett said:

DAZ_ann0314 said:

crikett said:

No, nothing has changed, still "no permission."

OK what is you username on Discord (just the base name, do not include any of the numbers here) and I will take a look for you and see if I can resolve the issue.  I had looked under your Daz Username earlier but didn't see it listed.

• Eden EvergreenEden Evergreen Posts: 326
    edited December 2021

Richard Haseltine said:

Eden Evergreen said:

Hmm. I glanced over this thread, and my first question is not about the technicalities (I may or may not wrestle with those later).

----

As far as I know this is just the first product set, not the only kind of thing they will do.

Even so, nearly 9,000 products ... without a single binary male among them?

While I appreciate your reply, it ... feels incomplete. wink

I've been shopping at DAZ since 2005. Excluding anyone, or treating anyone as a second-class citizen, these ideas have not previously been the culture here. It would be a tragedy if that were to change. sad

"Social justice warriors" do have some good points, though it also seems (to me) they carry some of their points a little too far. The quoted statement from the FAQ sounds a lot like things I've seen those folks write.

This causes discomfort, because any extreme can result in someone being viewed or treated as a "second-class citizen." Any variety of prejudice along those lines makes me distinctly uncomfortable, no matter who the despised group is. Obviously, more discomfort exists if I chance to fall among the despised group. blush

To me, a human being is a human being. All have merits, and faults, regardless of color, gender, orientation, etc. Every human being deserves to be treated with courtesy, dignity, and respect ... unless / until they choose to harm someone else (as in unprovoked pre-planned harm, not genuine self defense). Then, and only then, and only based upon chosen bad behavior, have they earned any variety of "second class" status.

So ... is it ~ only ~ an oversight that no binary males have been included in nearly 9,000 products? Or is there something else going on?

And if something else is going on, does the "not so very welcome" factor also apply to binary females?

Again, thank you for your time. I sincerely hope you have the best day possible, given you must spend it at work and wrestling with awkward forum posts. wink

Post edited by Eden Evergreen on
    edited December 2021

Eden Evergreen said:

----

That is not discussing the people joining or the people participating or even future collections but is rather discussing this specific collection they created (which I believe some proceeds of are going to a charity for women in the tech industry - it is written from the collections voice so of similar to how Victoria 8 has a Facebook page and its written as if it is "her page" and she is writing to the audience. Sorry for any confusion.

• DAZ_ann0314 said:

Eden Evergreen said:

----

That is not discussing the people joining or the people participating but is rather discussing this specific collection they created - it is written from the collections voice so of similar to how Victoria 8 has a Facebook page and its written as if it is "her page" and she is writing to the audience. Sorry for any confusion.

Would it be possible, please, to clarify this in that statement ... so nobody else gets confused? wink

Or better yet, maybe mention clearly among the FAQ's that everyone is welcome even if no product currently exists that represents them?

I'll leave my prior reply to Mr. Haletine's reply to tend the other concerns.

Thanks for your time, and here's hoping you have a great day ... even though you are at work and must wrestle the odd awkward forum post. blush

Eden Evergreen said:

DAZ_ann0314 said:

Eden Evergreen said:

----

That is not discussing the people joining or the people participating but is rather discussing this specific collection they created - it is written from the collections voice so of similar to how Victoria 8 has a Facebook page and its written as if it is "her page" and she is writing to the audience. Sorry for any confusion.

Would it be possible, please, to clarify this in that statement ... so nobody else gets confused? wink

Or better yet, maybe mention clearly among the FAQ's that everyone is welcome even if no product currently exists that represents them?

Thanks for your time, and here's hoping you have a great day ... even though you are at work and must wrestle the odd awkward forum post. blush

We will pass it along... heart 

• Eden EvergreenEden Evergreen Posts: 326
    edited December 2021

DAZ_ann0314 said:

Eden Evergreen said:

DAZ_ann0314 said:

Eden Evergreen said:

----

We will pass it along... heart 

Hmm. Maybe the simplest solution would be to simply remove the labels / limits??

Example:

Just a thought. Trying to be helpful. heart

Post edited by Eden Evergreen on