Customer Appreciation Sale (NOW EXTENDED UNTIL AUGUST 20TH)

Comments

• BC RiceBC Rice Posts: 591
    edited December 1969

Aiko19 went off sale early... it was on sale when I put it in the basket on Friday and it's supposed to be good 'til tonight.

At the same time, there are a large number of Gen 4 Daz originals that haven't gone on sale (Tango Down, V4 Elite Ariana, Rapscallion, Demona, Fantasy Fusion to give just a few examples from my wish list.)

Yeah, I was looking at Tango Down as well. :(

Also, I'm super confused about the "spend this much, get this much off" aspect. Earlier today I had around $560 worth of product in my cart and I had $250 off. Now I have around $900 in my cart and it's only $180 off. Is the bulk pricing only good on DAZ items?

That could be clearer if it's so.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Aiko19 went off sale early... it was on sale when I put it in the basket on Friday and it's supposed to be good 'til tonight.

I'm still seeing the sale price on Aiko19.

edited December 1969

BC Rice said:
    Also, I'm super confused about the "spend this much, get this much off" aspect. Earlier today I had around $560 worth of product in my cart and I had $250 off. Now I have around $900 in my cart and it's only $180 off. Is the bulk pricing only good on DAZ items?

That could be clearer if it's so.

From the first post of this thread:

Deal #3 - Save up to $250 with the DAZ Instant Rebate.
    - Why not sweeten the deal even more? Every *DAZ Originals purchase of at least $20 will score you an Instant Rebate, and the more you spend, the more you save. Receive the following Instant Rebates when you spend the given amounts.

Spend $20 and get $1 off
    Spend $50 and get $5 off!
    Spend $100 and get $25 off!!
    Spend $500 and get $250 off!!!

The best part is that your rebate will stack with ALL your other DAZ Originals discounts. Now is the best time to buy all the products you may have missed over the year. Just make sure to add ALL of your purchases to your cart and the discount will be applied automatically. One rebate per order.

We couldn't ask for better customers and hopefully all these MAJOR Savings will help you feel the love. Thanks!

*Excludes PA items, Platinum Club Subscriptions, Gift Certificates, $1.99 items & Resell Items

The newsletter also has the exclusion directly beneath the "Spend More, Save More" offer.

edited December 1969

What is a "PA" item? I'm just not certain what I need to eject from my cart. I've got like 65 things in there I was going to purchase. Is "PA" any item that doesn't say "DAZ3D - ARTIST NAME"?

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited December 1969

Just checked. That item is showing only the PC 30% off, not the 60% off :it was 72% off earlier.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    edited December 1969

A PA product will have the name of the PA listed under Vendor

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    A PA product will have the name of the PA listed under Vendor

And PA stands for Published Artist.

:)

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    edited December 1969

correct

edited December 1969

BC Rice said:
    What is a "PA" item? I'm just not certain what I need to eject from my cart. I've got like 65 things in there I was going to purchase. Is "PA" any item that doesn't say "DAZ3D - ARTIST NAME"?

Yes, if DAZ 3D is listed first, it's a DAZ Original, otherwise it's a PA item.

edited December 1969

Dang. That's a bummer. I had like $600 worth of interiors and exteriors I was going to buy. Without them my cart is at $113. lol

Ah well, $25 is better than nothing.

edited December 1969

tjohn said:

Just checked. That item is showing only the PC 30% off, not the 60% off :it was 72% off earlier.

I'm still showing 72% off. Are the other Gen 3 items showing 72% off for you?

edited December 1969

barbult said:
    There is an inexpensive and cute YDress for Genesis today http://www.daz3d.com/shop/sales-promotions/customer-appreciation-sale/ydress-for-genesis.
    How do you make it "sit" nicely like the third promo image?

Just bought this item and tried it out. The dress "follows" the legs when the figure is posed, but I can't find any "morphs" in the dress. If the sit pose isn't extreme it does nicely. I have that pose in my Runtime and it doesn't appear that there were any extra adjustments made for that render. It's a very good everyday dress, BTW.

edited August 2012

tjohn said:

Yep. have you tried logging out and back in? I did, but it was still 30%.

Post edited by TJohn on
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745
    edited August 2012

Yes. And AIko19 shows at the wrong price in the wishlist, on the product page, in the Gen 3 sale listing AND in my cart... And it's not just the price that's wrong, it's showing 30% off instead of the 60/72% in the graphics.

Not to mention, as noted earlier, that it was the right price IN my cart on Friday and reverted to the 30% off price sometime between now and then.

Post edited by Cybersox on
  • Craig JohnCraig John Posts: 45
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Craggles said:
    That's excellent! :D

...but how long is the Deal 3 extending to? Is it All week? Both Weekends? or just This Weekend?

I guess it is going to be on during the whole sale, pertaining to sale items...

Unrelated to your reply, but related to the thread: it continues to baffle me that at this point DAZ could be handing out $20 dollar bills for free to everyone, and people would still complain that they wanted one $5 bill, five $1 dollar bills and one $10 dollar bill and all the dead presidents featured on money should have hand-drawn mustaches, therefore this sucks, free money is bad, and DAZ should feel bad. :P

That's what I'm hoping too. :)

I agree there seems to be an unnecessary level of complaining from some. My only criticism would be the ambiguity of their offers (as a whole but specifically for Deal 3 in this case). Beyond that, it seems like this whole week is too good to be true! :P

edited December 1969

What are we supposed to do about all the DAZ3d stuff that's supposed to be on sale but that isn't? Are we suppose to message them or something? There's at least 15 things I want to buy that are supposed to be on sale that aren't.

• ShaneWSmithShaneWSmith Posts: 636
    edited December 1969

BC Rice said:
    What are we supposed to do about all the DAZ3d stuff that's supposed to be on sale but that isn't? Are we suppose to message them or something? There's at least 15 things I want to buy that are supposed to be on sale that aren't.

I've filed a support ticket, but am not hopeful this will be resolved in time for a Gen3/4 combined shopping spree :(

edited December 1969

Okay... now this is REALLY weird even for this site. I just checked and if I log out and look at Aiko19, it shows the 60% off price. However, as soon as I log in, it shows the wrong price. And even if I put it in my cart when it's showing the correct price, it reverts to the wrong price if I log in. (And yes, it does the same thing on both IE and Firefox, so it's a Daz problem, not a browser issue.)

I mean, seriously, WTH?

edited December 1969

I've filed a support ticket, but am not hopeful this will be resolved in time for a Gen3/4 combined shopping spree :(

Hey, they said this sale would save us money... and you can't save much more than you can by not spending anything, right? >:-(

edited December 1969

:sigh:

Not saying I'm going to give up completely on purchasing some stuff, but honestly, I've spent the entire day removing things and putting things in and taking them out in an attempt to purchase the "correct" items. Every single item in my cart right now (52 items) have *DAZ3D* listed as the artist. All items are pre-Gen 5. More than 50% of the items are not listed as "on sale" even though, according to the sale, they're supposed to be; and the subtotal of my cart is $675, however only $187 is being deducted.

Getting kind of exhausted. I may just grab my original $100 worth of sale items and forget the rest. :(

edited December 1969

OKAY...I think I've got it figured out. Check it:

You will only receive bulk price reductions based on the number of *true* on-sale items in your cart.

So if you have $250 worth of on sale items and $250 of anything else, you should receive the $250 off.

However, if you have, say, $190 worth of sale items and $400 worth of items not listed as being on sale (even if the non-sale items are listed as DAZ3D artist), you will only receive $190 off your order.

I think that's what's happening.

So PA items *can* be included in the final tally, but they'll only pay you back (up to $250) for items that have a RED TAG on them. That's why I was able to have nearly $1,000 worth of stuff in my cart and only receiving $160 in credits. But after I deleted things DAZ3D ARTIST *non sale* items and brought in DAZ3D ARTIST RED TAG items, I've been able to bring a $510 purchase up to $197 off. Super confusing, but this seems to be the equation.

So anything that is not RED TAG will not be included in your max $250 off -- even if it's a DAZ3D ARTIST item like, say, Dream Home, Major Cache, and the several others that have been listed here.

Basically make sure to fill your cart with all RED TAG items until you reach the amount you want to save ($25 or $250). After that, it looks like you can fill up the remainder with whatever you want.

edited December 1969

Okay... now this is REALLY weird even for this site. I just checked and if I log out and look at Aiko19, it shows the 60% off price. However, as soon as I log in, it shows the wrong price. And even if I put it in my cart when it's showing the correct price, it reverts to the wrong price if I log in. (And yes, it does the same thing on both IE and Firefox, so it's a Daz problem, not a browser issue.)

I mean, seriously, WTH?

I can confirm that this is happening to me as well.

• ShaneWSmithShaneWSmith Posts: 636
    edited December 1969

Hey, they said this sale would save us money... and you can't save much more than you can by not spending anything, right? >:-(

Somehow I don't think this is the kind of customer appreciation they were going for :P

edited December 1969

tjohn said:

I mean, seriously, WTH?

I can confirm that this is happening to me as well.

Yay!! We cracked the DAZ sale code! lol

At least it makes some element of sense now.

The *really* bizarre thing, though, is when you put an item that should be on sale in and it counts it as a red tag item adding to your bulk sale-off total; but then you put another item in that's supposed to be included and it doesn't react. lol

Regardless -- stick with the RED TAG = CASH BACK bulk sale equation, and at least your head won't explode. :D

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

Is Legends Altar meant to be 60% off? http://www.daz3d.com/shop/new-releases/legends-alter

• Consumer573Consumer573 Posts: 282
    edited August 2012

anikad said:
    Is Legends Altar meant to be 60% off? http://www.daz3d.com/shop/new-releases/legends-alter

I just bought it about 5 minutes ago for $5.03, supposedly 72% off (trusted their math). Considering the difficulty I had with pricing of their other items earlier I figure if I have buyer's remorse I'll talk with someone tomorrow.
    Edit: Looks like it comes up to 71.98% when calculated to 2 plcs. That's with PC membership.

Post edited by Consumer573 on
    edited December 1969

anikad said:

No, probably not. But there it is, anyway.

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

Just picked up Legends Altar. Strangely I wasn't too interested in it at 50% off.

For those having trouble with the DOs on sale. I noticed that if you used the filters that they set up under sales & promotions it will pick up all the DO items that are in the sale. Whether these are all the DO items that should be in the sale is another matter.

edited December 1969

Aiko 19 is showing 72% off again.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

does anyone else ever get a problem with checkout, where when you get to the payment method, you check "store credit" and then continue, and then you get a pop up saying "Please specify payment method"? This has happened to me twice - I can't recall what fixed it last time, I THINK it was cos they were working on teh site or something?