Customer Appreciation Sale (NOW EXTENDED UNTIL AUGUST 20TH)

Comments

• Lori_TLori_T Posts: 0
    edited August 2012

Now I see see there are more of the same with the "genesis evening gown & textures". I bought both at the special price, which I believed to be at the lowest price. Now they are half the price.
    The original price of the gown was $6.99 and the new price is now $3.49

evening_gown_original_price.JPG
    751 x 248 - 36K
    Post edited by Lori_T on
    edited December 1969

This is the new price and it is the same ratio with the textures from $3.49 to now.. $1.74
    How is this happening and is it happening with other items?

evening_gown_new_price.JPG
    250 x 310 - 22K
  • LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,983
    edited August 2012

Only thing I can think of is the Genesis is supposed to go on sale for 50% off from 8/15 - 8/18 as part of the Generations Sale. Normally sales exclude releases newer than 60 days, but it's not holding true this time. I pretty much had my fill of Gen 3 and 4 before the Generations Sale started, but I guess I'm going shopping after all as I can't pass up a steep discount on Genesis content.

Edit: I just bought Pure Wild Hair for $5.24 the other day and now it's now $2.62 Looks like what is happening is the 50% Genesis Generations sale price is applied to the current sale price! Those last three Customer Appreciation Sale items should have dropped off already since they were only supposed to be available for "One Daz Day".

Post edited by Lindsey on
  • LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,983
    edited August 2012

Policy is Store returns within 30 days, though normally I rebuy at the lower price and request a credit for the purchase at the higher price. It makes it cleaner that way for your order history. I've never tried to ask for a credit to reduce a previous purchase.

Post edited by Lindsey on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Lindsey said:
    Policy is Store returns within 30 within 30 days, though normally I rebuy at the lower price and request a credit for the purchase at the higher price. It makes it cleaner that way for your order history. I've never tried to ask for a credit to reduce a previous purchase.

Well, I did and it worked too. :)

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

Lindsey said:
    Policy is Store returns within 30 days, though normally I rebuy at the lower price and request a credit for the purchase at the higher price. It makes it cleaner that way for your order history. I've never tried to ask for a credit to reduce a previous purchase.

I have, and it worked OK both times. :)

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

I will be raising a support ticket about this I only bought Pure Hair Wild yesterday.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,166
    edited December 1969

Lori_T said:
    What is happening just now?
    I was checking prices and opened DMs Kapelle. There it is as $2.97 and I paid double that a few days ago..........
    How weird!! and Can I get a rebate as it is in the last 30 days?

Yes. Just open a support tick. They will refund you the difference.

• Martin_CMartin_C Posts: 164
    edited August 2012

So... I did open a ZenDesk ticket with the request, but considering the short time remaining, I post it here as well...

Some Gen4 items that are not discounted yet:

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/melody-hair
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/pink-dolly-for-v4
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/nightlife-v4
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/bonbon
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/m4-undergarments

And a Genesis one as well (maybe too new?):

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/pure-hair-candy

Post edited by Martin_C on
  • Thadeus72Thadeus72 Posts: 408
    edited December 1969

bad4u said:
    @Daz:

Could you please add "Katya" to the Generation 5 / Genesis Sales list, as it seems to be missing on that list though being a Daz Original. I know it's not yet on sale but sale starts in two days and I thought it might be better to ask early before the request gets lost in sales chaos..

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/katya

i agree

and why m5 elite hair is not on sale too ?

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/michael-5-elite-hair

thanks in advance

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited August 2012

I have to believe that the double-discounts on some items like the Kapelle and Pure Hair Wild must be a mistake. They should probably still honor refund requests, though...they did that for me after the accidental storewide sale of 5/31/12.* I don't think I can request a refund for my purchase of the Kapelle since I used my PC coupon on it, but I'm fine with that. I'm grabbing PH Wild now while it's still ridiculously cheap!

*Had I known the sale was accidental at the time, I probably would have had mercy and not requested a refund on the item I purchased exactly 30 days earlier...

Edited to add: I just submitted a support ticket, requested that a bunch of items that were mentioned in this thread be added to the sale, and included a link to the thread (as well as to the individual items). Thadeus72, I mentioned the two items that you requested in the post above mine, and also the S4 Pro Bundle that someone else mentioned upthread, as well as my own requests. Hopefully they get to it in time.

Post edited by Scott Livingston on
  • Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933
    edited December 1969

I'm a bit confused right now, but I think D3 for Genesis should also be on sale?
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/david-3-for-genesis

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,641
    edited December 1969

Tribal Shaman is also missing from Genesis sale.

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    Lori_T said:
    What is happening just now?
    I was checking prices and opened DMs Kapelle. There it is as $2.97 and I paid double that a few days ago..........
    How weird!! and Can I get a rebate as it is in the last 30 days?

Yes. Just open a support tick. They will refund you the difference.

Thanks Frank- - I have done that now. Waiting for a reply.
    I actually found more that had the same issues and included them.
    I think it is the first time I have found that i bought too soon. Usually I get caught and am too slow deciding- - - LOL!

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,426
    edited December 1969

Lori_T said:
    This is the new price and it is the same ratio with the textures from $3.49 to now.. $1.74
    How is this happening and is it happening with other items?

Looks like the 50% intro sale is stacking with the 50% Gen5 sale for 75% off. Then there's the PC discount...

On the other hand, there are a few items in the sale category which are only reporting 44% off (20% sale, 30% PC). Those should probably be fixed.

edited August 2012

I found one non-new item with an unexpectedly large discount: Pyrit Hair: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/pyrit-hair
    EDIT: This has now been "fixed."

Post edited by Scott Livingston on
  • larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

BC Rice said:
    Hi all --

So the best way to optimize the sale and for the smoothest check out with the least headaches (if you're going the $500 route) is to fill up your cart with Red Tag items or items you've tested that are included in the $250 max off (like, say, Basic Kids clothing, etc -- something that isn't on sale but that's included in the $250 rebate). Once you've hit the $250 mark, then you can shop for whatever else you want to hit the $500 mark.

If you purchase *all* red tag items, then you're getting approx $1,000 for $250; if you've got the $250 red tag items and the other $250 is non-DAZ/Red Tag stuff, then you're getting $750 for $250.

Took some tweaking to finally line everything up, but either way has worked out to be a really solid deal.

Thanks for the tip it worked well for me.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,070
    edited December 1969

Looks like the "problem" with cheaper-than-expected products from the Customer Appreciation Sale has been fixed - the category has gone and the products are back to the 65% (for PC members) discount only.

• Martin_CMartin_C Posts: 164
    edited December 1969

*sigh*...

Just when you thought it's safe to get back into the water or into the DAZ shop.

I was preparing a huge purchase tonight, just waiting a bit longer if some of the "you forgot to add..." requests would be granted. I got a huge wishlist, where most of the stuff was supposed to be sent to the cart later this evening. I just had another look for some missing pieces.

And then...

I only added one more item to my wishlist, and... the DAZ shop REPLACED my wishlist with this item!!! I tried to re-load, I tried to log out and back again - no chance. My ENTIRE wishlist got deleted and now only contained this one single new item.

AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will this shop EVER work properly again? I was very patient until now, but this is too much. I saved a copy of my wishlist 3 days ago - this really saves my b*** now. But I added a couple of more items since then. Now I can spend the whole evening checking my browser history trying to find the missing items because this BL**DY shop killed it.

Did I say AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! already?

edited December 1969

Martin_C said:
    *sigh*...

Just when you thought it's safe to get back into the water or into the DAZ shop.

I was preparing a huge purchase tonight, just waiting a bit longer if some of the "you forgot to add..." requests would be granted. I got a huge wishlist, where most of the stuff was supposed to be sent to the cart later this evening. I just had another look for some missing pieces.

And then...

I only added one more item to my wishlist, and... the DAZ shop REPLACED my wishlist with this item!!! I tried to re-load, I tried to log out and back again - no chance. My ENTIRE wishlist got deleted and now only contained this one single new item.

AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will this shop EVER work properly again? I was very patient until now, but this is too much. I saved a copy of my wishlist 3 days ago - this really saves my b*** now. But I added a couple of more items since then. Now I can spend the whole evening checking my browser history trying to find the missing items because this BL**DY shop killed it.

Did I say AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! already?

That (or something like it) happened to me during the very early days of the new store. I don't think I've seen anyone else report it since...maybe just a random bug. Certainly annoying, though!
    edited August 2012

You guys are right about a few items changing prices. i bought some stuff this morning that should have been 50% off but wasn't and now it is. Now I have to go through a large list of items and find out how often I got overcharged :(

At the same time I see a few items that were cheaper this morning so it may be a wash and if so I'll leave it alone. Will take some time to find out because I need to do this all in a spreadsheet :(

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

I have to believe that the double-discounts on some items like the Kapelle and Pure Hair Wild must be a mistake.

Are we sure they are a genuine double, stacking discount, and not another random glitched discount percentage? It's impossible to tell with the sale price notification not breaking down the price reduction as in the old store. Telling us "THE Sale Price" when there could be one, two or three separate percentage discounts applied (even assuming all of them should have been) is, I'm afraid, one more confusion to add to the way-too-long list.

It's been more than two months...

edited December 1969

how come they are never available for phone support when I need them? I just tried to call because I should have saved another 20 bucks on my order but they won't pick up the phone. This is like the third situation I've had to call and they not be available. Working through email is a pain because they don't seem nearly as responsive... and shopping is supposed to be fun :(

edited December 1969
  • Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

Stephanie 4 for Genesis? Wasn´t she in the vault or something? I´d rather put her in my cart quickly... :)