Customer Appreciation Sale (NOW EXTENDED UNTIL AUGUST 20TH)

Comments

• BlazeMystEraBlazeMystEra Posts: 464
    edited December 1969

*lol* you're right... looks like my math brain is still in koma... it must have been 20 years now... ;)

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,139
    edited December 1969

One item I was not able to find was Stephanie 4 shape. Seems odd about that shape not being included in the sale! :-(

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited December 1969

I do like bigger pictures but I wish there was an option for downsized variant, because when I browse through 1000+ items in back catalog I'd like do not make an extra scroll down every time I open the page

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

I wonder which generation Luke and Laura belong to, if any. Should they be in 3rd generation sale, 4th generation sale or will they be not on sale at all?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I think Luke and Laura count as gen 3. The original Mill kids were gen 2, and Luke and Laura were an upgrade. I could of course be wrong.

• DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited August 2012

I wonder which generation Luke and Laura belong to, if any. Should they be in 3rd generation sale, 4th generation sale or will they be not on sale at all?

DAZ_BHowell already acknowledged they should have been in the Gen3 Sale http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/69438/

And of course what goes for Luke and Laura also goes for Matt and Maddie.

Guess we might have to wait for Monday for it to be fixed.

Post edited by DWG on
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited December 1969

I would like to see this bundle (see link) added to the Gen 4 sale, as the individual items in it are listed as part of the sale. I've had this in my wishlist for some time waiting for a sale like this. Thanks!

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/anatomy-starter-bundle

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,798
    edited August 2012

That's great! :)

No sale on generation 2, though?

I was thinking of getting the Michael 2 Bundle, but i sure can't afford it at the regular price.

Any chance you would add generation 2 to the sale, please?

Thanks!
    Jean-Luc :)

I actually saw some nice Gen 2 stuff in there like the original Stephanie, Aiko and Victoria's dress.

I'm REALLY liking what I see here, what better thing to do right after a big shop/forum improvement! :-)

Say, is there any possibility we can make this customer appreciation sale an annual thing? I like the fact that we already have enough to have a Gen 5 section, but this would work more if this were to occur next year with more Gen 5 Icons out in the store. ;-)

Post edited by RCDeschene on
  • Robert952Robert952 Posts: 141
    edited December 1969

Deal #2 - Save 50% on our New Releases each day during our Weekend Sale.
    - Check the store each day this weekend (August 10-13) and next weekend (August 17-20) for 50% off our DAZ New Releases. Each item will be on sale for one DAZ Day only, so make sure to check in daily to collect all the savings.
    Find the New Releases here

Any hint on what time of day? (I know... I want patience and I want it now!)

1:53PM EDT -can hardly wait to see what's new for today.

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,983
    edited August 2012

Somebody needs to apply the 50% off Legends Alter showing up as part of the Customer Appreciation Sale. I'm only seeing the 30% off Daz Original PC discount. Sorry if this has been mentioned already. .. should have went through the new postings first before posting.

Post edited by Lindsey on
  • anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

Seems to be working now.

• Fille123Fille123 Posts: 44
    edited December 1969

According to the newsletter the items released at 50% off yesterday were supposed to be at that price until today, August 11, and the announcement says "Each item will be on sale for one DAZ Day only, so make sure to check in daily to collect all the savings". Isn't "one DAZ Day" supposed to last until midnight Daz time tonight for the items released yesterday, as usual? :(

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,983
    edited December 1969

anikad said:
    Seems to be working now.

Thanks for noticing... Now off to get them before midnight DAZ time!
  • Consumer573Consumer573 Posts: 282
    edited August 2012

What's going on, please?
    The flyer in my email says that DM's Steps to Eternity and Addison Character were 50% off through August 11.

I put them in my cart a couple of hours ago and the price, with the additional PC discount was $5.59 and $5.24 respectively. My discount was 65%
    I went to watch some of the London Olympics, and came back to check out and the price for DM's Steps is now $8.93, and the Addison Character is $8.37 and the Daz pop-ups are showing only a 44% discount. That includes whatever PC discount applied..
    It is still August 11.
    NONE of your numbers are matching.
    I'm taking them out of my shopping cart unless the price reverts.
    Thank you.

***************************************************************************************
    EDIT:
    Note: August 16, 2012, Approximately Noon Daz time. I was able to pick up these items at the original sales price of $5.59 and $5.24 respectively. I just happened to check on them.

Thank you, Daz.

Post edited by Consumer573 on
  • anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

Yes I noticed the sudden price hike. I too have removed yesterday's items. I was expecting the discount to last through today. Oh well, better for my bank balance.

edited August 2012

The time stamp on Friday's flyer in the email announcing the products was 4:12 PM so it wasn't even 24 hours till the price change.

• NaviNavi Posts: 443
    edited December 1969

What's going on, please?
    The flyer in my email says that DM's Steps to Eternity and Addison Character were 50% off through August 11.

I put them in my cart a couple of hours ago and the price, with the additional PC discount was $5.59 and $5.24 respectively. My discount was 65%
    I went to watch some of the London Olympics, and came back to check out and the price for DM's Steps is now $8.93, and the Addison Character is $8.37 and the Daz pop-ups are showing only a 44% discount. That includes whatever PC discount applied..
    It is still August 11.
    Thank you.

Same issue here, wanted to get the new Sarsa character, but wanted to wait for today new releases before buying - Back 2 hours later, and blam... 50% rebate is already gone.

Did Daz change their timezone ?? It's 9 pm here, and this sale should end tomorrow morning for me.

• BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,200
    edited December 1969

The time stamp on Friday's flyer in the email announcing the products was 4:12 PM so it wasn't even 24 hours till the price change.

Well, apparently that is what a 'DAZ Day' is supposed to be. Good to know.
    Looks like I've fallen once again for one of DAZ' many practical jokes...

• WhiteMystWhiteMyst Posts: 212
    edited December 1969

Can anyone tell me if Legends Altar a daz original (these days i am having difficulty telling what is and isn't) and if it is why can't I use my PC coupon on it?

edited December 1969

This is what DAZ says about the coupon on their page describing Platinum Club Benefits:

No. 3: "$6 Coupon FREE Every Month
    Each month, every current Platinum Club member receives a $6 coupon, simply for being a member. This $6 coupon lasts for the duration of the month and can be used towards any single purchase with a subtotal of $6.00 of more. This coupon is valid on any "DAZ 3D" product*. You can combine this coupon with all other sales and discounts, turning those wishlist wants into shopping cart deals.
    * Coupons not valid on $1.99 Platinum Club products.
    "
    That being said, I think there used to be a caveat that the coupon couldn't be used on releases newer than 30 or 60 days. Though Daz doesn't appear to have listed that caveat in any of their promotions lately, it may still be in effect in their software.
    From what I can see "Legends of the Altar" is, indeed a Daz Original (Product by Daz3D/Nathy, upper LH corner) and under what I can find written should be eligble for the discount.
    My best guess is that the new release exclusion is in place and you're just not being told about it.

• WhiteMystWhiteMyst Posts: 212
    edited August 2012

Thanks Consumer573. I thought they had decided to allow use of the PC coupons on new releases. Color me confuzzled.

Sigh I really wanted this set, spent my budget on Fisty and Marieah's new shaders so all I have left is my PC coupon and I really love the Legends Altar set. Just hoping someone who can help me with the coupon thing will pop in before the set goes off sale,

Post edited by WhiteMyst on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited August 2012

WhiteMyst I have posted to the other thread you queried this point in, which was the relevant thread for this query.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited August 2012

What thread was that, dear admin? I kind of wanted the Addison Character and the DM steps to eternity. By the notice I received It should have been on sale. Even if it was a 24 hour sale, they killed it well before 24 hours was up just based on when they emailed me their notice. So it wasn't a 24 hour sale and it didn't go by the rules of they flyer that was emailed. Similar problem to White Myst, only different. Item was supposed to be on sale, but when attempting to check-out it wasn't.
    Should I post to that thread as well? Is somebody watching that one more closely?
    Thank you.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,139
    edited December 1969

Who you callin query missy??? :P

• Craig JohnCraig John Posts: 45
    edited December 1969

Craggles said:
    How long will the Deal 3 run - all week or just the weekends or just this weekend only?

Deal 3 says '1 rebate per order' but if Deal 3 is on for the whole week, do you get that rebate (providing you hit the $20 threshold) on EVERY order you make within that time or only the first order?

Any answers on this?

Thanks

edited December 1969

What's going on, please?

It is still August 11.
    Thank you.

Hi! Check the flyer again. The items mentioned say "until August 11", not "through August 11".

edited December 1969

Well, Maybe someone was listening to my earlier posts.
    There WAS another, second, price change today in the Addison and DM Steps to Eternity Set.
    As of now, the time of this post, the items advertised as 50% off plus PC discount for August 11, are at 20%.
    You cannot get the advertised sale price.
    Addison currently costs $11.96. DM's Steps are now at $12.96.
    It is still far away from the end of August 11th.
    It was bad enough raising the price unexpectedly once when it was supposed to be on sale.
    This is just adding insult to injury.
    Keep going, Daz.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

It was bad enough raising the price unexpectedly once when it was supposed to be on sale.

DAZ seem determined to confuse us. At the rate they're going, returning the sale-end date and a proper breakdown of PC/intro/whatever sale percentages to the store pages is going to be pushed to the top of the "Urgency: Fix Yesterday" list.
  • ZaarinZaarin Posts: 356
    edited December 1969

I too was going to pick up Addison, but that $3 does make a difference. :(

edited August 2012

@Consumer573:

Once again: Check the flyer again. The items mentioned say “until August 11”, not “through August 11”.

They do not have the same meaning, nor do I believe this was an attempt on DAZ's part to deceive anyone. The flyer also says that the items in the Customer Appreciation Sale would change every day. There are currently 3 different items there at 50% off. Tomorrow they will again be replaced I expect.
    Please don't get mad at me, I'm not trying to be snarky, just to clarify. If I'm incorrect, someone please correct me.
    John

Edit: Oops! sorry, the flyer actually contains a link to this thread:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/5495/

The rules are covered in Deal #2. Sorry, again.

Post edited by TJohn on