Customer Appreciation Sale (NOW EXTENDED UNTIL AUGUST 20TH)

Comments

• NaviNavi Posts: 443
    edited August 2012

tjohn said:
    @Consumer573: Once again: Check the flyer again. The items mentioned say “until August 11”, not “through August 11”. They do not have the same meaning, nor do I believe this was an attempt on DAZ's part to deceive anyone. The flyer also says that the items in the Customer Appreciation Sale would change every day. There are currently 3 different items there at 50% off. Tomorrow they will again be replaced I expect.
    Please don't get mad at me, I'm not trying to be snarky, just to clarify. If I'm incorrect, someone please correct me.
    John

Edit: Oops! sorry, the flyer actually contains a link to this thread:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/5495/

The rules are covered in Deal #2. Sorry, again.

I've just been here on Daz for one year and a half, but until today, when a sale was advertised as "until XX ", it was meaning "XX+1, 9 am", for me. ALWAYS worked this way (due to Daz timezone). Here it stopped even before august 11 was over on my timezone, so there is definitely something different : Sale stopped about 12 hours before it was supposed to do. They just pulled the sale before end date, at the time they've added new items, I guess.

As for people wondering about Addison, I've paid 8.37$, instead of 5.50 or something like this, and believe me, this is more than worth for this price, one of the most amazing character I've ever seen, textures are a dream, even without fancy SSS and all. Grab her while you can :lol: .

Post edited by Navi on
  • BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,200
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    @Consumer573: Once again: Check the flyer again. The items mentioned say “until August 11”, not “through August 11”. They do not have the same meaning, nor do I believe this was an attempt on DAZ's part to deceive anyone. The flyer also says that the items in the Customer Appreciation Sale would change every day. There are currently 3 different items there at 50% off. Tomorrow they will again be replaced I expect.
    Please don't get mad at me, I'm not trying to be snarky, just to clarify. If I'm incorrect, someone please correct me.
    John

Edit: Oops! sorry, the flyer actually contains a link to this thread:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/5495/

The rules are covered in Deal #2. Sorry, again.

While you are, of course, technically right, I think it's safe to say that, so far, whenever DAZ has given any date, it meant 'till the end of that day'. If they were gonna change that practice they should have made it way more clear, not use a single different word.

In addition, from what I understand 'until' does not mean 'till the start of that day', either, (since they went off sale after 11.59 pm) so that wording would still be wrong and confusing. Apart from the fact that it would mean that a 'DAZ Day' had significantly less than 24 hours - they might as well call it 'Ultra-FastGrab Sale' then.

And just for the sake of completeness, the subtitle of the sale category 'Customer Appreciation Sale' reads: "New Items 50% Off all Weekend long. Check in daily to catch each item.", which might as well make people think that every single new item will be 50% off all weekend long.

Even at this point, communication seems to be a major problem for DAZ. And to stay in theme with this sale: I do not appreciate this.

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

Zaarin said:
    I too was going to pick up Addison, but that $3 does make a difference. :(

Very true. Some may no mind paying extra but I have limited funds. Knowing Daz like I do there's likely to be another chance to get the item at 50% off, so I'll wait until then. If there's not well that's money i've saved, not spent with Daz.

• Consumer573Consumer573 Posts: 282
    edited August 2012

It's beginning to look like someone at DAZ planned the sale and whoever was in charge of actually letting members know about the sale forgot to do so until the first day's sale was about half over.
    The flyer I received first telling me about products was dated about 4PM Friday, probably just as DAZzites were heading home for the weekend. I note that this thread looks like it was set up at about 11AM, about half a day earlier.
    I first saw the Flyer this morning (Saturday morning) and assumed that since it had been sent out so late on Friday that the sale had started today. I figured it would run till midnight. Or, worst case that it would expire sometime late afternoon.
    The funny thing is that I am frustrated because I was trying to BUY something. Usually one is frustrated when they are trying to sell something. Very poor signaling of timing. Very poor communication.
    Sorry, this customer, too, not appreciative in this round. I've spent the day on this.
    Wallet closed.

Post edited by Consumer573 on
  • Velvet GoblinVelvet Goblin Posts: 532
    edited December 1969

Barubary said:

And just for the sake of completeness, the subtitle of the sale category 'Customer Appreciation Sale' reads: "New Items 50% Off all Weekend long. Check in daily to catch each item.", which might as well make people think that every single new item will be 50% off all weekend long.

Since I didn't see the newsletter, and only saw what was printed on the webpage at the store itself, the "all weekend long" banner is the only thing I saw. I was therefore very surprised to see items go off sale before Monday.

I like many of the changes to the store made in the last week or so, but failing to implement prominent sales ending dates on actual product pages is frustrating to the point of being infuriating.

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,426
    edited December 1969

Let's see.... They've got one strong incentive for people to want to make one big purchase (larger discounts for larger purchases).
    They've got one strong incentive for people to want to make multiple purchases through the weekend (new items on non-overlapping sale periods).

Season with poor communication, and they've got the perfect recipe for a Customer Aggravation Sale.

• JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,862
    edited August 2012

Well... I'm really enjoying the sale very much! Thank you, Daz3D!

Yesterday, I got Addison (http://www.daz3d.com/shop/addison) and A3 Ponytail ( http://www.daz3d.com/shop/a3-ponytail) and since I'm a PC member, the total only cost me 41 cents!!! :) Gotta like that!!

Now... for today's sale, I'm looking at Anjiru, here:

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/sales-promotions/generation-4-sale/anjiru

but I'm wondering....

Anybody know how well this transfers to Genesis? It looks like it should go good...but if someone has it and can tell me, please, I would be eternally grateful! ...thanks.

Post edited by JasmineSkunk on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Please, add Emeli for Laura, Please!
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/emeli-for-laura

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

Craggles said:
    Any answers on this?

I just piled in some V4 products and checked my cart (while logged in, of course) and since I already made one order... ta-dah, I am also getting a second five dollars off my cartful of goodies. So, I dare say it applies every time you go past the limits.

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Sounds like nice sales. I'll just be looking for the new stuff though. Until DAZ can tell me whether I've purchased something or not, I'm not indulging.

• gw3972gw3972 Posts: 50
    edited December 1969

I don't know about anyone else, but I really like the larger thumbnails that are being used - it's much easier and quicker to see if something might be of interest.

• RCTSpankyRCTSpanky Posts: 850
    edited August 2012

Today are Eldorin For genesis and Eldorin textures on the sale. Have anyone else problems to download the textures? I have contact the support, ut I think, they can fix it not before Monday.

Edit: Looks I have bought the item immedialty after the upload to the shop. the link work now.

Post edited by RCTSpanky on
  • Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

It is interesting that some DAZ original items are not on sale while they should be.

For example Millenium Kids - Young Teens - I am told they were generation 3, even if they would be generation 4, they should be on sale already yet are not.

The Kids 4, as their number suggests, should be generation 4, yet they were not put on sale with the rest of gen. 4 items. Or rather more correctly The Kids 4 Base is on sale yet the Bundles are not - while other bundles (like Aiko 4 Pro Bundle) are... What is so different about The Kids 4 bundles that they cannot be put on sale when other gen 4 bundles are on sale?

Item Dayala is not on sale, one could argue that this is because it has not only DAZ, but also Lesthat and Val3dart listed as vendors. Yet Angeluz Fantasy Armor has exactly the same vendors and IS on sale. Both items are for V4 and A4.

And so on, and so on... When DAZ wants to make us happy with a sale, I suggest they should foremonst strive to not make us angry with executing the sale so poorly. When they say they will put certain things on sale, they should really put all of them on sale, not just some and forget the rest - that is not very professional.

edited December 1969

After being here for five months I'm really not surprised. There were a couple of things that I was thinking about buying that should be on sale but aren't. Again this just means that I don't buy anything. My bank balance is loving this sale. Thanks Daz!

• Craig JohnCraig John Posts: 45
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Craggles said:
    Any answers on this?

I just piled in some V4 products and checked my cart (while logged in, of course) and since I already made one order... ta-dah, I am also getting a second five dollars off my cartful of goodies. So, I dare say it applies every time you go past the limits.

That's excellent! :D

...but how long is the Deal 3 extending to? Is it All week? Both Weekends? or just This Weekend?

• DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited August 2012

Well, Maybe someone was listening to my earlier posts.
    There WAS another, second, price change today in the Addison and DM Steps to Eternity Set.
    As of now, the time of this post, the items advertised as 50% off plus PC discount for August 11, are at 20%.
    You cannot get the advertised sale price.
    Addison currently costs $11.96. DM's Steps are now at $12.96.
    It is still far away from the end of August 11th.

Where they've done these kinds of daily daisy-chained releases/offers before, I do seem to remember that at times they have only roughly approximated 24 hours of availability, with a switch during the afternoon, particularly over weekends. The reason seems to be that someone from DAZ has to manually do the swapping of one item into the offer and one item out, along with the associated price changes, and that's obviously dependent on when they have the time to get online.

Now if I'd wanted Addison and missed her, then I'd be annoyed too, but she isn't listed in the Customer Appreciation Sale anymore, Eldorin, it's textures and the Legend Altar replaced the earlier offers fairly promptly yesterday. It's not ideal, given the wording can easily be interpreted to mean 11:59PM, but I don't think it's entirely unprecedented.

Post edited by DWG on
    edited December 1969

A lot of items I assumed would be part of the Gen 4 sale appear not to be.

Can someone in DAZ please clarify the status of the following items? Most of them are absolutely Gen 4 items, and they are all subject to the normal PC 30% discount (which I assume makes them DAZ Originals), but have not been discounted further for this sale...

Pyrit hair is in the Genesis sale, while HMS Victory has been around since at least Gen 3 days if not 2; and additionally I wouldn't really class a ship as falling in any generation - there seem to be a few oddities listed that aren't character associated, but I think those likely have an incorrect tag against them. Blenworth may be within 60 days of release, and also isn't character related.

• gw3972gw3972 Posts: 50
    edited December 1969

DWG said:
    The reason seems to be that someone from DAZ has to manually do the swapping of one item into the offer and one item out, along with the associated price changes, and that's obviously dependent on when they have the time to get online.

Surely by now it's more or less automated with a simple SQL script?

edited August 2012

gw3972 said:
    DWG said:
    The reason seems to be that someone from DAZ has to manually do the swapping of one item into the offer and one item out, along with the associated price changes, and that's obviously dependent on when they have the time to get online.

Surely by now it's more or less automated with a simple SQL script?

Seeing as we've had various DAZ-ites actively talking about being online to do it in the past, I suspect not. It may be that the old shop didn't offer the feature, and even if the new one does I suspect the web guys were too busy with the new thumbnail code and the new percentage reduction code this week! (And the forum fixes now I think about it - the web guys have had a really good week - kudos to them!)

Post edited by DWG on
  • ShaneWSmithShaneWSmith Posts: 636
    edited December 1969

DWG said:
    A lot of items I assumed would be part of the Gen 4 sale appear not to be.

Can someone in DAZ please clarify the status of the following items? Most of them are absolutely Gen 4 items, and they are all subject to the normal PC 30% discount (which I assume makes them DAZ Originals), but have not been discounted further for this sale...

Pyrit hair is in the Genesis sale, while HMS Victory has been around since at least Gen 3 days if not 2; and additionally I wouldn't really class a ship as falling in any generation - there seem to be a few oddities listed that aren't character associated, but I think those likely have an incorrect tag against them. Blenworth may be within 60 days of release, and also isn't character related.

Thanks - I knew I was reaching with a couple of them (just hopeful, mainly), but most of the others I listed should be on sale, shouldn't they?

edited December 1969

Thanks - I knew I was reaching with a couple of them (just hopeful, mainly), but most of the others I listed should be on sale, shouldn't they?

Yeah, there's a couple of V4 Elite Textures aren't in the sale and you can't get a clearer example than that. I think the problem is that the new store has likely required every item be retagged with which categories it belonged to, and with 13000 items the odd mistake is inevitable. Hopefully they'll get things fixed as the errors start to become apparent.

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,124
    edited December 1969

Thanks Daz guys for the great weekend sale . I was able to pick up some stuff I missed ..
    also thanks for the extra discount at the end of the check-out was a pleasant surprise

• Velvet GoblinVelvet Goblin Posts: 532
    edited December 1969

I may have complained about the sale dates not being clear on the product pages -- mostly in the customer appreciation category -- but this did not stop me from spending far more money than I would have expected this month. I must say this much, Daz clearly understands how my mind works. :)

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

Craggles said:
    That's excellent! :D

...but how long is the Deal 3 extending to? Is it All week? Both Weekends? or just This Weekend?

I guess it is going to be on during the whole sale, pertaining to sale items; I agree that there's a certain degree of ambiguity, but then again, even if I didn't get that sort of extra sweet deal, I find the prices so insanely low that I can afford to do a birthday splurge. (I'm just stomping my foot a bit 'cause my cred card hasn't recharged during the weekend when I made a money transfer to it but that's not DAZ's problem, that's my bank's problem -- they haven't fully woken up to 24/7 world yet, clinging to 5-days-a-week-10am-to-4:30pm model instead. Thoroughly annoying, but that's my corner of the world.)

Unrelated to your reply, but related to the thread: it continues to baffle me that at this point DAZ could be handing out $20 dollar bills for free to everyone, and people would still complain that they wanted one $5 bill, five $1 dollar bills and one $10 dollar bill and all the dead presidents featured on money should have hand-drawn mustaches, therefore this sucks, free money is bad, and DAZ should feel bad. :P

• Consumer573Consumer573 Posts: 282
    edited August 2012

DWG said:
    Well, Maybe someone was listening to my earlier posts.
    There WAS another, second, price change today in the Addison and DM Steps to Eternity Set.
    As of now, the time of this post, the items advertised as 50% off plus PC discount for August 11, are at 20%.
    You cannot get the advertised sale price.
    Addison currently costs $11.96. DM's Steps are now at $12.96.
    It is still far away from the end of August 11th.

Where they've done these kinds of daily daisy-chained releases/offers before, I do seem to remember that at times they have only roughly approximated 24 hours of availability, with a switch during the afternoon, particularly over weekends. The reason seems to be that someone from DAZ has to manually do the swapping of one item into the offer and one item out, along with the associated price changes, and that's obviously dependent on when they have the time to get online.

Now if I'd wanted Addison and missed her, then I'd be annoyed too, but she isn't listed in the Customer Appreciation Sale anymore, Eldorin, it's textures and the Legend Altar replaced the earlier offers fairly promptly yesterday. It's not ideal, given the wording can easily be interpreted to mean 11:59PM, but I don't think it's entirely unprecedented.

The main difference I see this time is that they didn't tell people there was in fact a sale going on until the 'first' day was about half over. The flyers advertising the one-day-sale to members went out near the normal end of the DAZ workday on Friday, but apparently Daz started the clock on the sale early that morning. Keep in mind, too, that many people go out on Friday after work and are not likely to sit at the computer so if you're sending a notice at the end of they day, they might not see it until Saturday morning. Usually there's a notice from DAZ the day before a sale or at least in parallel with when the items go on sale. As it stands, it appears that no one other than DAZ knew when the sale began so there was no fair measure of when 'one-day-only' would end.

They seem to be going a bit on autopilot with what they've done in the past but with no overall coordination. I'm wondering if somebody important left the company or switched positions.

Just look at this thread. No one from Daz has given any definitive answer for the times, it's only members speculating. No one seems to be watching over the store if there are problems, which there have been. I guess I expected some sort of answer from Daz directly as to what was going on, which is what I asked in my first post to this thread.

Don't get me wrong, I am glad for the people who are finding things they like at prices they feel are compelling. I've bought a lot from DAZ at good sales over the last couple of sales, and they're still one of the top stores in this area. I'm just annoyed that they wasted MY time this weekend.

Post edited by Consumer573 on
    edited December 1969

If Enchanted for Genesis is part of the Customer Appreciation sale it's showing the wrong price: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/enchanted-for-genesis

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,563
    edited December 1969

anikad said:
    If Enchanted for Genesis is part of the Customer Appreciation sale it's showing the wrong price: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/enchanted-for-genesis

They just finished setting it up, 3 new items are at 50% off, 65% for PC members.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,018
    edited December 1969

There is an inexpensive and cute YDress for Genesis today http://www.daz3d.com/shop/sales-promotions/customer-appreciation-sale/ydress-for-genesis.
    How do you make it "sit" nicely like the third promo image?

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,742
    edited December 1969

Aiko19 went off sale early... it was on sale when I put it in the basket on Friday and it's supposed to be good 'til tonight.

At the same time, there are a large number of Gen 4 Daz originals that haven't gone on sale (Tango Down, V4 Elite Ariana, Rapscallion, Demona, Fantasy Fusion to give just a few examples from my wish list.)