Carrara Sale Email Message Alert thread

Comments

• 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,017
    New daily freebie, G8F anime. New 2.99 items, about 2000 of them and 4 Carrara specific.
  • mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,693

btw - tnx for these updates!

sometimes I see 'em in the store before I see here ... but not always :)

best,

--ms

You are welcome, it is a reminder in the forum and dazoholics can get an email reminer too. Anyways, 80% one item with code, works on most items in the store, including the 149 Carrara unique ones.
  • SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969

Ken Gilliland'a Digital Nature,  A Digital Art Live tut

https://www.daz3d.com/digital-nature was in an email promo I got today. It has a feature of our own Diomede (Ted Murphy) using Carrara for modelling trees and other artwork.

Need to get back to my Chohole entry, but two grandkids again today...yikes!  Good thing school starts soon.  surprise  Silene

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,103

Wishlisted! Thanks for that, Silene!

Ken and I became pretty good friends when we were both PAs together here. I am a Huge admirer of all of his work, including the new wings he's made for the HiveWire 3D Horse! Sweet!!!

After buying one of his Songbird Remix products, I couldn''t believe the nice little Bird Book supplement that came with it, about the species in the pack - so I couldn't be quiet about that! That's how our conversations began. He's amazing!

I'm also a huge admirer of Ted Murphy and Tiffannie Gray! :)

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738

That's pretty cool :)  Makes me want to get it, just to see the part that features Diomede :)

There are some 0.99 items today for everyone. No Carrara specific, but compatible.
    edited August 2021
    The quarterly freebies have finally been updated from the Poser8 items that got stuck forever. There are a few items like a shirt and ear rings now.
    Post edited by 3drendero on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,026
    edited August 2021

SileneUK said:

Ken Gilliland'a Digital Nature,  A Digital Art Live tut

https://www.daz3d.com/digital-nature was in an email promo I got today. It has a feature of our own Diomede (Ted Murphy) using Carrara for modelling trees and other artwork.

Need to get back to my Chohole entry, but two grandkids again today...yikes!  Good thing school starts soon.  surprise  Silene

I have participated in quite a few DAL webinars over the years.  I enjoy them.  Recently, I have begun contributing when they ask participants if they have anything releated to the topic.  I don't remember specifically what I shared in Ken Gilliland's nature webinar.  Most of my sharing has been applications of Carrara.  Ken specializes in creating bird 3D assets and other nature assets.  Although I can recommend DAL webinars if people want to brush up on their skills (most are Daz Studio focused unless advertized otherwise), I would NOT get this one just to see what I shared.  Y'all can get my free Carrara-rigged bird at ShareCG, where you will also find my free plants.

- freebies collection - https://sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=diomede

- freebie stylized fanart bird rigged for Carrara - https://sharecg.com/v/90134/gallery/5/3D-Model/Cute-Bird-Carrara-Rig

EDIT TO ADD:  Ken is great.  Can definitely recommend if you are interested in using 3D birds and nature.

Post edited by Diomede on
  • tempting banner coupons and DAZ studio actually told me it has an update surprise

( Carrara is keeping quiet crying)

WendyLuvsCatz said:

tempting banner coupons and DAZ studio actually told me it has an update surprise

( Carrara is keeping quiet crying)

Probably just a closely guarded secret! wink

(Dartanbeck - forever the optimist!)

70% off Carrara shaders and plugins today: https://www.daz3d.com/save-on-tons-of-daz-items
  • ProPoseProPose Posts: 520

Grid for Carrara is in that sale as well.  Is there anyone out there that uses Grid?  I'm looking for opinions on this from someone who knows

I've got Grid.  While I'm glad I have it, I almost never use it.   Would be much more useful if I were a serious animator I think, doing lots of animations.  

I picked up Grid back when I was in a computer-buying frenzy from ebay.  I'd bought several different workstations,  1 with 16 cores and 2 with 24 core cores, as well as my main one which is 32 cores.  In addition I have 6 laptops.  So I got kind of obsessed with the idea of rendering and seeing tons of cores on the screen.  Somewhere back in history there's a thread where I posted a pic. I'm reasonably certain that Grid caps at 100 threads, at least I couldn't get more than 100 threads when rendering.  It works great and very solidly for what it does, imo, but since I'm mostly focused on still renders and I'm impatient, I just use my main workstation, 32 cores is enough to be fairly quick.  You can't use Grid except in the batch queue, which means you'd need to take the time to save your project, the load it into the queue, then render with Grid's assistance.  It does make animation rendering much faster, but since I mostly do still frame test pics, I just don't use it enough.

But I have it if I need it, which is comforting, because sometimes a project comes along that requires some more rendering power.  :)

• honestly at this point I am surprised DAZ doesn't just toss it to us for free because it's a DAZ original.

I will never own enough computers to warrant buying it, even using my two with the rendernode didn't prove worthwhile.

Yes and on the horizon I can see getting one of the new threadrippers that has all the cores you can use in the one box.  Imagine getting one of those 128 thread beasts!   In a couple of years, the price will come down, and...

• ProPoseProPose Posts: 520

Thanks for the input folks, but I just checked and it's now only 30% off, as in $139.00,  You snooze, you loose I guess.  

Replaying a deals tip, google "daz deals" to find the addon for chrome, firefox opera or new edge desktop, to help your deal hunting skills. For example the GRID plugin, you can check the price history and setup a reminder to email you when the price is right. More info here https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/106296/announcing-daz-deals-browser-add-on/p1

I'll never be without Daz Deals again, thanks (again) to Wendy.

Now when I look at buying a Pro Bundle, Daz Deals will gray out all of the items I already own on the promo page, so I can see if the remainder of the bundle is worth it to me. Lately it has not been, as I've already bought everything from the bundle that I really need/want.

I also love how I can run "Price Low to High" and then filter off PC+ items when I'm looking for thrifty ways to spend my PC+ $6 off Daz Originals Only coupon!

• There are some new items in the freebie section.  Might be worth a look to see if you have them or not.

edited September 2021

The hair flash sale includes a VYusur stand-alone figure that works as blended weight in Carrara, along with clothing and hair that have matches that work on G8F.  

The product is G8F compatible, meaning that there are separate clothes, hair, and poses for G8F.  And there are also matches for the included stand-alone figure.  Here is Kora, hair, and clothing converted to blended weight with included pose applied in Carrara's assemble room.  I was able to stack with 4 other hairs on my wishlist and a coupon to get a very reasonable price (sorry, Veronika, but I didn't want to pay full price).  What a deal!  Note - I will go back and and add some modifiers before saving the blended weights as presets in order to eliminate poke through.  I did this blended-to-Carrara-test too quickly.

https://www.daz3d.com/kora-hair-and-outfit

dd01 Kora in Carrara.jpg
    1908 x 1034 - 388K
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

Diomede said:

The hair flash sale includes a VYusur stand-alone figure that works as blended weight in Carrara, along with clothing and hair that have matches that work on G8F.  

The product is G8F compatible, meaning that there are separate clothes, hair, and poses for G8F.  And there are also matches for the included stand-alone figure.  Here is Kora, hair, and clothing converted to blended weight with included pose applied in Carrara's assemble room.  I was able to stack with 4 other hairs on my wishlist and a coupon to get a very reasonable price (sorry, Veronika, but I didn't want to pay full price).  What a deal!  Note - I will go back and and add some modifiers before saving the blended weights as presets in order to eliminate poke through.  I did this blended-to-Carrara-test too quickly.

https://www.daz3d.com/kora-hair-and-outfit

Thank you for purchasing and using her!

There is a 1.99 sale today of about 200 items, mostly really old and textures. But there is an A3 bundle and a G7 starter bundle, good value deals.
    edited September 2021
    Today we get a 2.99 sale of 600+ items, including a few Carrara shaders and more starter bundles from old A3/H3 to G3M. /Edit There are more bundles for G2 and others, sort for Popular https://www.daz3d.com/check-out-these-clearance-items#order=trending^1&filtered=1
    Post edited by 3drendero on
    There are 3 different sales today, 2.99, 70% and 80% that seems to include most Carrara items. Go to the main shop page and filter for Carrara to pickup any missing items. For example GRID is 80% off and Carrara shaders are 2.99.
    The weekly freebies have finally been updated with some good content, get some G2 stuff for Carrara.
  • 3drendero said:

The weekly freebies have finally been updated with some good content, get some G2 stuff for Carrara.

You beat me to it. :)

Probably the most freebies I've ever downloaded, even included a wishlist item.

One of the freebies is not free.  Wonder if an economist hacked the sales page.  (No such thing as a free lunch).

laugh

freebie issue.jpg
    305 x 516 - 36K
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189

Has been reported

• It is almost like they are starting the PC+ sale early.  If you have PC+, there are a huge number (hundreds) of PC items on sale for 40 cents apiece.  And a smaller number at 60 cents.  Good time to clean out the bottom of the wishlist, or the almost-wishlist.