The "Animators Assemble!" thread for Daz animation WIPs, clips, and tips

Comments

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,153

@Bryan Steagall Thanks . I had made this for a animation contest at renderosity that is why the "dreaming of peace theme" .  But their web site was so screwed up( worst than Daz).   they had to omit my short film from the contest due to technical difficulties of not being able to get uploaded and embed.

Yes I was frustrated about the whole big mess . But rendo did right by me the made arrangements with me to settle the conflict.  with for second places prizes  as constellation to not being able to enter this into the contest. the worst part is I was one of first entries.   As far if it would have won or not, I believe it had a good shot at it.  But that is my opinion & we will never know now

• Hi Bryan

Thank you for detailed reply on using performer. Are there any sample files I can download to test the retarget process? 

• I was watching 2001: A Space Odyssey for the infinity plus infinity time the other day and I was inspired to put this together with effects and foley switching between airless space, different cabin sounds and a very satisfying airlock decompression.

• Now this looks interesting, for those of you using mimic or other audio lip-synch apps for animation, even I'm interested in this https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/design-visualization/omniverse/audio2face/

Got this off my linkedin feed, and there seems to be some sort of beta too, but it is of the whole platform, not just audio2face.. I've requested it and we will see how it works  https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/design-visualization/omniverse/download/

• TugpsxTugpsx Posts: 732

Ivy said:

Best viewed in 1080 HD . click to play

That's very nice. Lots of work went into the production and appreciate you sharing with us. 

CoXComics said:

I was watching 2001: A Space Odyssey for the infinity plus infinity time the other day and I was inspired to put this together with effects and foley switching between airless space, different cabin sounds and a very satisfying airlock decompression.

Great start to something bigger I look forward to seeing more :)

Bryan Steagall said:

Now this looks interesting, for those of you using mimic or other audio lip-synch apps for animation, even I'm interested in this https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/design-visualization/omniverse/audio2face/

Got this off my linkedin feed, and there seems to be some sort of beta too, but it is of the whole platform, not just audio2face.. I've requested it and we will see how it works  https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/design-visualization/omniverse/download/

Thats interesting Byran. I wonder how you would port it in to daz? 

edited January 2021

Tugpsx said:

Ivy said:

Best viewed in 1080 HD . click to play

That's very nice. Lots of work went into the production and appreciate you sharing with us. 

Thank you for the nice comment. I made this for a animation contest at renderosity.com the the theme was dreams of peace this was my entry. But even though i was one of the first ones to upload my entry,  it was omitted from the contest because renderosity could not fix their website because they said they could not get it t embed into the website. . so they gave me a default 2nd place prize package to silence me from my war path I was on. it was for a consolation prize's, because of all their website issue they had. it was a real mess and I was pretty pissed I got left out of the contest. But they did what they could to make things right with me,   So i I have no idea how it would have really placed in the contest.

That is the story about what happen for this animation. Thank you for watching :)

Post edited by Ivy on
  • ACueACue Posts: 114
    edited January 2021

I was inspired to create a small film, using a Daz-rendered animation as "found footage".  I used low-resultion figures and props (Genesis and Genesis 2), a bunch of BVH files, and I rendered the animation scenes over a single HDRI background plane. This was created for Halloween in 2017, and even posted even in the gallery, with a link to the YouTube file.

If anyone is interested. It's still kinda creepy. My friends said it really creeped them out.

Hope you like it.

Post edited by ACue on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,794

pity you unlisted that, it would go viral otherwise yes

ACue said:

I was inspired to create a small film, using a Daz-rendered animation as "found footage".  I used low-resultion figures and props (Genesis and Genesis 2), a bunch of BVH files, and I rendered the animation scenes over a single HDRI background plane. This was created for Halloween in 2017, and even posted even in the gallery, with a link to the YouTube file.

If anyone is interested. It's still kinda creepy. My friends said it really creeped them out.

Hope you like it.

very creepy. excellent job. 

• ACueACue Posts: 114

Z Family said: Superbe!!  Bien réalisée cette animation!

Here is my first animation done few months ago: All done with daz and mixamo. Still working now on other project with animation of course ;-)

This was great! How did you find working with Mixamo to be? I didn't realize you could use G8 characters with it. That might open up a whole new world of possibilities. 

I transfered mixamo to motion builder and then to daz. I found tutorials on google for that :-)
  • @Ivy

Not quite sure yet, looks like the app is not available yet for early access (says soon), so I'll keep checking in on it to see when it drops, and I'll test.  I'm hoping it has the ability to bring in fbx or some other type of file format, as long as it does that, and it has the ability to export a file that daz can read, I'm sure I can get it to work (I do this with motionbuilder fbx files, having to edit .duf files manually)

btw, I'm going to start rigging the new 8.1 characters in mobu to do face mocap, which I'm excited about, as I really like the new morphs (and dynamixyz training poses closely match facs poses) so I'm hoping that quality will be much higher

Bryan Steagall said:

@Ivy

btw, I'm going to start rigging the new 8.1 characters in mobu to do face mocap, which I'm excited about, as I really like the new morphs (and dynamixyz training poses closely match facs poses) so I'm hoping that quality will be much higher

Keeps us posted I look forward to seeing what you do with v8.1. Currently I have no interest in it.   because my animations are not really ment to me photorealistic So basic expressions work okay for my needs.  Plus I not really to excited to have to upgrade to daz 4.15 to be able to use it properly. when my daz studio 4.12.0.86 is working pretty reliable for me right now

• @Ivy,

totally understood, as an animator I'm really digging it so far, the new blendshapes have really simplified  my constraint system facial rig in motionbuilder, although I'm having to rebuild it from scratch.  Before they were super complex, as I was using bones and blendshapes to get all the finer movement.  Here, whoever made the blendshapes, really paid attention to those details. I'm hoping my favorite PA, 3d Universe, comes out with some toons that use this.

I'm hoping to have some first tests by this weekend..

• ok, rigging done, using just the facs blendshapes   https://www.dropbox.com/s/a6nh62i1f3zn8tf/rig_8-1.mp4?dl=0, next.. face mocap!

• Bryan SteagallBryan Steagall Posts: 233
    edited January 2021

to illustrate..  this was the constraint for lower face movement, using blendshapes/bones (image "before facs"0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ureog82d7bzvphh/before_facs.png?dl=0

constraint now  https://www.dropbox.com/s/a0z6xofy5eab0ub/facs.png?dl=0

Post edited by Bryan Steagall on
  • to illustrate..  this was the constraint for lower face movement, using blendshapes/bones (image "before facs"0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ureog82d7bzvphh/before_facs.png?dl=0

constraint now  https://www.dropbox.com/s/a0z6xofy5eab0ub/facs.png?dl=0

same thing with the upper part of the face, which was even more simplified with facs.

• Just saw this video and i can say it's incredible! Is this the coming end of DAZ and Reallusion?

edited February 2021

A new animation I like to post here .This was a ton of work it took 30 days from start to finish & was completely made and rendered in Daz Studio Iray in image series. It was edited in Adobe premiere cs6.  There were 48,200 Keyframes, 107 scenes in total  running at 30 kfps making up 12.30 minutes in length.   The voices are all done with Ai and I used Microsoft Azure script code to produce & record the voices I needed in my home studio..  https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/cognitive-services/text-to-speech/

This is best viewed in 1080HD . .   I hope you all will enjoy it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yA0yIu1zLmU

Post edited by Ivy on
  • Ivy said:

CoXComics said:

I was watching 2001: A Space Odyssey for the infinity plus infinity time the other day and I was inspired to put this together with effects and foley switching between airless space, different cabin sounds and a very satisfying airlock decompression.

Great start to something bigger I look forward to seeing more :)

The science fiction animations I've made are based on a future timeline I created that resides within a nice spreadsheet of notes. I used a spreadsheet to help calculate transit times between stars. In this video the ship is leaving from Sol to Tau Ceti in 2227. At 25% the speed of light the spreadsheet formula (distance = ship velocity * time) lets me know that the ship will arrive in 2275. The videos I've made relating to it hop around the continuity as I acquire new models that fit into the future timeline I've created. In the spirit of life influencing art, the models I acquire influence which videos are possible and occasionally inspire videos that support events between 2104 AD and 4702 AD.

It's all been here and there as I've built my imaginary world, but you inspired me to chain them together into a chronological playlist.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLNwB3LCbplnvIg0lNjYtJPgWz8Vw5XsQW

• CoXComicsCoXComics Posts: 65

Animation practice. All the models used were sourced from ShareCG and Deviant art with a few of my own tweaks.

• AuroratrekAuroratrek Posts: 201

CoXComics said:

Nice! I think my favorite shot is at the end--the shot of the empty station while the ship pulls away. I appreciate the quiet and the pacing of this video.  

CoXComics said:

Animation practice. All the models used were sourced from ShareCG and Deviant art with a few of my own tweaks.

I think you may have exceeded the quality and quanitity of the special effects from the original show! ;-) 

A test render using the ROG Red Crow Inn set. A bit of work getting it over to C4D for rendering, but I think it looks pretty great--so much detail!

• CoXComicsCoXComics Posts: 65

Auroratrek said:

A test render using the ROG Red Crow Inn set. A bit of work getting it over to C4D for rendering, but I think it looks pretty great--so much detail!

That looks great! How long did it take to render?

CoXComics said:

Auroratrek said:

That looks great! How long did it take to render?

Thanks! It took just about 4 hours (about 36 seconds/frame). Considering the level of detail, multiple figures, and the lighting, that's a lot faster than I would have expected. I have to think that Red Crow Inn model must be pretty efficiently built.

• KA1KA1 Posts: 1,012
    edited April 2021

Between more Karate Girl, Space 1999 and the beginnings of a fantasy epic at the Red Crow inn, there is so much talent on this thread!

I found some old "toon style" image sequences I rendered a few years back so threw the 30 od seconds I had together to see how it looked, not great but still learning a lot tbh (seeing all the great animations here proves that too!). Here's what came out for anyone interested:

Post edited by KA1 on
  • mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,693

KA1 said:

Between more Karate Girl, Space 1999 and the beginnings of a fantasy epic at the Red Crow inn, there is so much talent on this thread!

I found some old "toon style" image sequences I rendered a few years back so threw the 30 od seconds I had together to see how it looked, not great but still learning a lot tbh (seeing all the great animations here proves that too!). Here's what came out for anyone interested:

There's some good stuff in there! I like your choices in both character and background styling.

Would totally work as a full length feature.

--ms

• KA1KA1 Posts: 1,012
    Thank you mindsong. I remember liking how the artifact interior looked (though if I recall it was a random accident with the toon style shaders!!) - I think I dropped doing anymore on this one back then as for some reason the characters eyebrows weren't rendering!