Show Us Your Bryce Renders!

Comments

• beas62beas62 Posts: 5
    edited December 1969

Having spent the best part of this week trying to achieve a more realistic Bryce render, today I've gone the other way completely and tried to get a more Comic Book (Graphic Novel) type of render.

That is a intimidating looking ride. I like the way you did your light beams too.

• beas62beas62 Posts: 5
    edited December 1969

This is nothing original, but I thought it was pretty. Sometimes, it's very relaxing for me to tool around with Bryce with no particular goal in mind. You never know what'll pop out. - Jerry

InsideMirrorSphere2.jpg
    1536 x 1200 - 483K
  • DarkRiderDLMCDarkRiderDLMC Posts: 561
    edited December 1969

beas62 said:
    Another render of Rayvns' models

Oh wow. Gorgeous color in the sky and reflection. Looks great.

It's a bryce preset tweaked a bit, if you go through them you'll find it. And thank you :-)

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

This one inspired by this month's new user DoF competition.

It's called; "Shhhh!!!!"

Sssshhhh!!!.jpg
    1000 x 972 - 568K
    edited December 1969

It's called; "Shhhh!!!!"

Interesting render!
    edited December 1969

Having spent the best part of this week trying to achieve a more realistic Bryce render, today I've gone the other way completely and tried to get a more Comic Book (Graphic Novel) type of render.

Love the car and city, has a "gritty" feel to it!
  • SylverdaliSylverdali Posts: 198
    edited August 2012

beas62 said:
    This is nothing original, but I thought it was pretty. Sometimes, it's very relaxing for me to tool around with Bryce with no particular goal in mind. You never know what'll pop out. - Jerry

@Beas62 OMG inside Mirror sphere is stunning the reflects and glass appearance is to die for, jaw dropping gorgeous

Post edited by Sylverdali on
    edited December 1969

beas62 said:

Great job, I can never get reflective work to liik like that! All the color...
  • LordHardDrivenLordHardDriven Posts: 937
    edited August 2012

160? Really, I doubt it.

But on the topic of tutorials the additional tutorial uses exactly the same set-up as the first, but it goes on to use even more Bryce features to reduce the render time. So in a way it is even more "Brycey" - if such a word could be brought into existence? The only drawback is that you also need to be able to use a paint package, as it uses both Bryce DOF and Bryce distance masking combined with a sharp image of what you are rendering to create your final image. So a paint package or as Horo suggests HDRshop - since it is a matter of masking and filtering rather than "painting" as such.

I don't doubt 160 at all, in fact I felt I was being modest with that estimate. I myself have an IQ of 164. While a score of 160 or 164 would be considered in the Genius range someone with a score that high does not necessarily come across as a genius all the time and some things they might even seem quite slow about. Where their brain power shines thru is their ability to "figure things out", solve problems quickly and do multiple things at once (not including bike riding though :)).

Anyway, I tried the DOF thing on a different picture, the Gone Fishing one and I am liking the effect more there. However that one is taking more like the better part of a day to do. So it looks like I will be looking at that addendum to the DOF tutorial.

Post edited by LordHardDriven on
    edited December 1969

Fun using a friend's model.

This would be my favorite of the renders you posted but they were both very nice. I'm not sure why I like this one better though.

edited December 1969

I would say you succeeded.

edited December 1969

It's called; "Shhhh!!!!"

Nice effect, although you'll have to listen very, very closely with those pins falling on what appears to be some sort of fabric covered surface. I like the concept though, good choice for showing off the DOF effect.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,987
    edited December 1969

beas62 said:

Awesome, very colorful. I would love to try something like this, did you follow a tut or or was it just playing with bryce.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,109
    edited December 1969

@Dark Rider - very nice cabin by the shore. The other one with the red sky is noce, too. I like the trees, looking loke weeping willows.

@TheSavage64 - the car stuck in the sand is looking good. Yes, less natural, more illustrative. And the pins with DOF came out very nicely.

@beas62 - very appealing colours. Bryce is just great to make abstracts. Well done.

edited December 1969

Fun using a friend's model.

This would be my favorite of the renders you posted but they were both very nice. I'm not sure why I like this one better though.

I've given that a bit of thought, because the other was so much better technically. I think that's the problem :-) The one is striking visually, with no feel of "life" to it. This one is a lesser quality render, but seems more "alive".

And thanks :-)

• CNSamsonCNSamson Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Here's an image inspired by the poster of the movie Time Bandits:

Resize_of_05_Time_bandits_dev.jpg
    800 x 600 - 72K
    edited December 1969

CNSamson said:

Great movie, nice render!

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

beas62 said:

Awesome, very colorful. I would love to try something like this, did you follow a tut or or was it just playing with bryce.

I don't know how beas62 came up with it, but as I am in a "reflective balls and abstracts" phase too, I know one tutorial for a similar effect:
    http://v-rs.deviantart.com/art/bryce-abstract-tutorial-38595157
    Add more lights in different colours ...

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,987
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    beas62 said:

I don't know how beas62 came up with it, but as I am in a "reflective balls and abstracts" phase too, I know one tutorial for a similar effect:
    http://v-rs.deviantart.com/art/bryce-abstract-tutorial-38595157
    Add more lights in different colours ...

Thanks for the link, much appreciated.

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

This took hours and hours longer than it should thanks to Camtasia studio throwing a spanner in the works... Bugs!

Bryce Abstract 360 HDRI Specular effect - a 15 minute tutorial by David Brinnen

p2.jpg
    750 x 422 - 632K
  • CNSamsonCNSamson Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

CNSamson said:

Great movie, nice render!
    Much thanks!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Yay, I have done it again. Entered the members only render challenge, with a Bryce image, and once again my image has been chosen to feature on the PC newsletter.

ANd so David doesn't have to ask this time, here is the image, entitled "The lion sleeps tonight"

the_lion_sleeps_tonight.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 466K
  • WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

Oh well done Chohole. Brilliant picture. Well deserved win.:-)

edited December 1969

@chohole what a stunner so realistic the lighting textures and mats every thing about this image screams quality congrats

edited December 1969

@CNSamson" stunning surrealism wonderful creation

edited December 1969

This took hours and hours longer than it should thanks to Camtasia studio throwing a spanner in the works... Bugs!

@David Brinnen wow what a fantastic fractal type image the color is explosive and really pops

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,348
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Yay, I have done it again. Entered the members only render challenge, with a Bryce image, and once again my image has been chosen to feature on the PC newsletter.

ANd so David doesn't have to ask this time, here is the image, entitled "The lion sleeps tonight"

Congratulations. Another notice on the belt for you.

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

Well done Pam! And thank you, but with all that racket going on, I doubt if the lion will get much sleep.

Thank you silverdali, here is another tutorial, a lot darker subject.

Bryce lighthouse "light beam" effect - a 15 minute tutorial by David Brinnen

CNSamson, the Time Bandits image is good - and I liked the film too.

edited August 2012

Sweet, we have Avatars again! Finally I'm a somebody again and not a blank spot under a name.

Congrats on another win, nice pic, one small criticism (unless this was intentional) but the three men in the picture all seem focused on the snake coming out of the hollow tree trunk rather then on the fire or the woman like one might expect.

Oh another sweet thing I just noticed. I no longer have to put two blank lines between paragraphs to get one blank line to appear between paragraphs when posted. So I guess this means the store is fixed and now they're fixing the forums. Quick when did the site change take place, we have an opportunity to calculate Daz "Soon" here.

Post edited by LordHardDriven on
    edited December 1969

@David Brinnen, i have watched your tut Bryce Abstract 360 HDRI Specular effect - a 15 minute tutorial by David Brinnen I would love to give this a go but how do i get the perspective you set up for the beginning frame 00.18/13.04 of the tut i have never used this perspective/camera angle before please help or guide me to a tut that explains the different camera angles and how they effect the image ..... hope you can help or should I say I know you can help LOL

This discussion has been closed.