Show Us Your Bryce Renders!

Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,798
edited October 2012 in Bryce Discussion

Figured we could use a render thread in these new forums so I will kick it off.

"Without A Leash"

Rendered in Bryce 7.1 Pro
Light Model: EarthGlow Dome Light Strategy (EGDLS)

Without_a_Leash.jpg
800 x 525 - 647K
Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Nice render Rashad, really good stuff. :coolcheese:

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Will have to be an old one, till we either get the autoresizing working again or I get round the resizing one of my newer ones

molly_malone.jpg
    700 x 525 - 184K
  • Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,798
    edited May 2012

Thanks Szark!

Chohole that dude is mesmerized by her low cut top. That woman in the doorway must be the watchful wife.

Here's another not so new not so old either.

Three Moons
    Rendered Bryce 7.1 Pro

Three_Moons_Small.jpg
    800 x 450 - 405K
    Post edited by Rashad Carter on
    edited May 2012

Ok I will play. He one that I am especailly proud of done a while back in 7 Pro

The Heat effect done postwork which was fun trying to figure out how to achieve a reasonable result.

YCLAH1.jpg
    800 x 390 - 319K
    Post edited by Szark on
    edited December 1969

Thanks Szark!

Chohole that dude is mesmerized by her low cut top. That woman in the doorway must be the watchful wife.

LOL I think you are right Rashad. As always Cho nice render.
    edited May 2012

OH dear Pete, you need to resize your image please, you're breaking the formatting. Images must be 800 pixels maximum at the moment. sorry about that.

Rashad, yup, that was the impression I was trying to give.

It was a follow on render from this one. I decided to try doing a render showing what Dublin could have looked like when Molly Malone was around, for real. This is one I did of the Statue in Dublin. The locals call it "The Tart with the Cart"

molly_malone_statue.jpg
    593 x 778 - 365K
    edited December 1969

Don't be sorry, I forgot. All fixed now. :coolhmm:

• HarvestMoonArtHarvestMoonArt Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

My version of one of the tutorials, not had a chance to do anything of my own yet, being a real novice
    ;-)

Golden_treasure_(800x411).jpg
    800 x 411 - 233K
  • kiwi_ggkiwi_gg Posts: 198
    edited December 1969

One of mine from a while ago, done this for one of the Rendo challenges theme was " the colour of art " or something like that.

Cheers
    GG

The_Pluto_Landing_Day_6.gif
    800 x 532 - 228K
  • MinervaMinerva Posts: 11
    edited May 2012

I'm still trying to wrap my head around Bryce, but here is one of mine - Erilyn River

Image removed by a moderator till resized...please see this thread for info:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/510_98/

Post edited by fixmypcmike on
  • ManOfSteelManOfSteel Posts: 14
    edited December 1969

One of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, the Great Lighthouse of Alexandria.
    One of a series I did on ancient Alexandria.

Great_Lighthouse_Of_Alexandria800x600.jpg
    800 x 600 - 82K
    edited December 1969

Rashad,chohole,M O S those renders are really good. Szark love the image, just the right feel to it------Damn Hot.
    Here's the 1st two of a series I started and will get back to sooooon.

Cheers
    GG

Return-to-paladin-18c.gif
    800 x 534 - 275K
    Slave-Girls-of-Nexen-5.gif
    800 x 532 - 252K
    edited December 1969

OK! so these have come out in reverse order 2nd image was the first titled "Slave girls of Nexen 5" other image title Is "Return to Paladin"

Cheers
    GG

• edited December 1969

Great renders http://www.daz3d.com/forums/smileys/# pity about needing to reduce them to 800 pixels though., in fact are they even working, I just popped one in here but all I can see is the link. Maybe I've done something wrong.

edited May 2012

You need to click on the smilie you want to use. :)

• edited December 1969

chohole said:

Hi Chohole, I did do that so don't know why it didn't work, I'll have another go. :coolsmirk:

• edited December 1969

JoAJ said:
    chohole said:

Hi Chohole, I did do that so don't know why it didn't work, I'll have another go. :coolsmirk: Well obviously it did work this time - strange!

• pumecopumeco Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Ok I will play. He one that I am especailly proud of done a while back in 7 Pro

The Heat effect done postwork which was fun trying to figure out how to achieve a reasonable result.

Szark, you talk about the heat effect, but personally, I'm more surprised to see Chromatic Aberration. Congratulations on being the only other person I've seen on this forum who's even bothered with Chromatic Aberration. I think it's a very important effect, and really helps make it work as a 'photo'. Bryce renders perfectly as a Raytracer, and that's a problem if you want it to look as if it was shot through a real lens. No lens is perfect, and nor should the render be if it's to look like a photo.

Great stuff.

edited December 1969

I just quoted Szark in my previous post, but it hasn't included the picture, duh!

edited December 1969

Thanks Kiwi and pumeco. I must say you sure have a good eye pumeco. Got a Chromatic Aberration removal plug-in for Gimp and just used negative values to create it. Took me ages to get the desired look. I have done 3 versions of the same image so far. ;)

Also I must admit it was a tip from one of my fellow Dreamlight and Daz Forum member, Tugpsx. I like tips like that because it educated me on what Chromatic Aberration was, looking at Wikis and forums discussing and showing real examples. Yes I buzz off all this. LOL

Rashad you inspired me, with yoiur opening image, to return to an image I started two years ago and I have publiclly shown two versions both not good enough for me when I look back on them. When you see it you may remember it as you gave me Fill Cube Light advice for it.

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Rashad you inspired me, with yoiur opening image, to return to an image I started two years ago and I have publiclly shown two versions both not good enough for me when I look back on them. When you see it you may remember it as you gave me Fill Cube Light advice for it.

I think I already remember the image. It was a cityscape with a nearby mountain range of sorts. The city was kind of in the valley. I suggested the 3D Fill bwecause Domes and IBl while great, were casting light from too far of a distance, making it hard to illuminate those surfaces which are hidden from the sky but still worthy of indirect bounced light from the environment. The 3d Fill does that quite well.

But in truth there are lots of possible light arrangements, all of them with benefits and drawbacks.

What I find interesting in your post is that it has been already 2 years since the last Bryce update. Hmm.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,056
    edited December 1969

The chromatic aberration looks quite natural with its violet and cyan fringes. Personally, I hate it and do a lot to fight it before it gets on the "film". Afterwards, narrow notch filters are needed to get rid of those fringes. The heat effect looks very good.

edited May 2012

Szark said:
    Got a Chromatic Aberration removal plug-in for Gimp and just used negative values to create it. Took me ages to get the desired look.

The first time I got the idea was using a plugin called PTLens, which is a plugin designed for removal of lens artifacts.

What's cool about PTLens is that they update it with data from actual lenses. Of course the idea is that the processing is designed to counteract the lens artifacts, but that also means that if you apply these corrections to an image that is already perfect (a render), then the effect is opposite, it actually adds lens artifacts to an otherwise perfect image, making it look as if it was actually shot through whatever lens you choose as the lens you wanted to correct. However, I don't use it now unless it's needed on an actual photo. For renders, I prefer to create the effect manually which in turn, gives total control over the look.

Quick Manual Chromatic Aberration Tutorial:

1 - Split your image into RGB or CYMK channels
    2 - Apply a moderate horizontal motion blur on one of the channels
    3 - Reconstruct the channels and you'll have a basic Chromatic Aberration effect

For anyone new to the effect, that's a great way to get started without needing a plugin. But once you try doing it manually, there are endless amounts of things that can be done to get better control over it. It can be as easy or as advanced as you want it to be. A more advanced technique is to use a Barrel or Fisheye distortion in gradually increasing amounts in each channel. This not only gives a very prismatic, crystalline sort of quality, but gives you some lens distortion into the bargain. I could go on and on about more and more advanced techniques, but anyone who tries this will automatically advance their grasp of things and figure them out anyway.

Basically though, it's an important effect if you're going for the look of a photograph. Chromatic Aberration of the variety we are talking about here, is something that is consciously noticeable because we can actually see the fringing. But there's another type of Aberration that goes unnoticed, something people don't talk about because they don't know it's there. I'm not going into that because it would require a fairly long tutorial, but for me at least, it highlights the importance of using these effects on renders that are intended as photos.

Post edited by pumeco on
  • KerynaKeryna Posts: 101
    edited May 2012

Bryce is an amazing and underestimated program with amazing abilities I am just beginning to learn about. My Dinka / Rhino scene was made possible with a HDRI light probe - I think from Horo.

Sorry, had to remove your image, was breaking the forum formatting. Max width at the moment is 800 pixels.

edited December 1969

I fully agree with Pumeco. The Chromatic Aberration as well as other effects like Lens Flare are essential. The purpose of many users is to create the look of a photo. All mediums have their signatures, and photos are no different. The errors indeed help. I am curious about the other forms of Chromatic Aberration Len is eluding to. There are several different types of scattering that can occur within a lens that can cause color shifting. There are also signatures specific to certain types of lenses, all very important for the ultimate fakery.

edited December 1969

Really nice work, Keryna! But i should advise you that until the resizing code is repaired they are requiring that all image uploads to the forums not exceed 800x800 because any larger will break the formatting for the page. You should resize immediately.

edited December 1969

" Bryce is an amazing and underestimated program with amazing abilities ".

You got that statement right keryna. Bryce is not just a landscaper, renderer or animation tool, Bryce is many things to many people. You have seen the renders by some very good brycers in this thread and that level of expertise is something to aspire towards.
    But just to add something xtra to this thread here is bryce as a modeller.

Cheers
    GG

Engine-4.gif
    800 x 532 - 144K
    Engine-3.gif
    800 x 532 - 116K
    Engine-2.gif
    800 x 532 - 176K
    engine-1.gif
    800 x 532 - 153K
    clip_image001.gif
    77 x 200 - 9K
    edited December 1969

And because of the the 5 attachments only restriction heres a couple more

Cheers again
    GG

Lunar-Rover.gif
    800 x 532 - 103K
    riverboat-1.gif
    800 x 533 - 201K
    imagesCANXEMGR.jpg
    144 x 97 - 3K
    edited December 1969

And a couple more.

Cheers
    GG

Guage.gif
    800 x 532 - 118K
    winch.gif
    800 x 532 - 167K
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 1969

Some wonderful renders being posted...I am so jealous.

@Kiwi
    I recently made an inquiry on the Forum as to modelling in Bryce, and having looked at your own work submitted here, it encourages me greatly to experiment.

Did you create every part - e.g. springs, bent pipes, cantilevers...etc., etc., - in Bryce, or, are you producing some parts in another 'ware, and then importing them in? I do hope that it's the former only, as I love your Moon-buggies (perhaps, they can be Mars-buggies, too), and would love to tackle one of them for a future project.

Well done again to all renderers.

Cheers
    Jay

This discussion has been closed.