Skin Builder 8 Merchant Resource for Genesis 8 Female (Commercial)

Comments

• Hi @Zev0,

given current improvements on the Genesis level, do you plan a Skin Builder package/add-on to support Genesis 8.1?

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,039

We will see what is needed to support 8.1. Genesis 8.1 can use current Genesis 8 Female UV as well.

• vaaernvaaern Posts: 64

I'm having an issue with subsurface scattering. Someone pointed out that my character skins don't have it at all and that made me look a bit deeper into the surface settings and it is indeed black. If I point a light to a nose for example, it does show the translucency color, but it's a bit weird to see that it's yellowish instead of the more expected red color. Is there anyway to fix this without changing the color of the whole skin to be too red? Because if I change the translucency color it looks like they've been in the sun for too long :D

• veenveen Posts: 132

Yes 8.1 would be great in many colors. i also wished for something like bump, normal and specular map support. i would give good cash for that

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,365

veen said:

Yes 8.1 would be great in many colors. i also wished for something like bump, normal and specular map support. i would give good cash for that

i would even give bad cash for some additional features...an upgrade pack of some kind. More choices.  

• TimotheusTimotheus Posts: 236

daveso said:

veen said:

i would even give bad cash for some additional features...an upgrade pack of some kind. More choices.  

I would likely give way too much cash, good or bad, for the ability to generate normal maps!

I will look into normal maps. Will have to create a generic one that works on all the base skins.....

• TimotheusTimotheus Posts: 236
    edited January 2021

Zev0 said:

I will look into normal maps. Will have to create a generic one that works on all the base skins.....

Thanks, Zev0. I really hope you can find a good solution.

I have tried a number of techniques to generate normal maps from the bump or other maps, and I can get close. The problem is with the different comparitive sizes between the maps -- face vs. torso vs. arms vs. legs. I always end up introducing seams and getting a mismatch in detail level.

Post edited by Timotheus on
  • AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,173

First time user of SB3. I keep getting errors. I've resintalled whole OS and Daz3d And SB3. What am I doing wrong.

Error.jpg
    653 x 734 - 213K
    edited January 2021

That screenshot says Skinbuilder 8. Can you send me a log file after that happens again please? Also can I see a screenshot of your settings tab in Skinbuilder?

Capture.JPG
    667 x 757 - 86K
    Post edited by Zev0 on

I been using Daz3d since 2007. Never had a problem. so I have no Idea where the log file is. But mySB8 sttings as follows

Settings.jpg
    646 x 758 - 247K

Inside Studio go help - troubleshooting - view log file and save the log.txt and send or post here.

Created new Instal of daz3d. Still having errors.

txt
    txt
    log.txt

Not since Daz3d 2.3.3 Have I had to think of a refund.

edited January 2021

Do you get any issues when you try and build a new skin from scratch? I need to know exactly when you are getting problems inside the script. Give me your steps you are doing.

Post edited by Zev0 on

I did a whole fresh install of OS, Daz and SB8 and get the error just trying to bulid a skin. The one I posted before Unable to locate torso. I started with G8F base problem. G8F dev Problems. Once it built skin then error can't find faceb jpg. Brows and Gentils errors can't locate file. To be honest with you I would love for this to work. I hate doing textures with templates. There is also a reason I buy Interactive Licenses to my products.

edited January 2021

What did you use to install Skin Builder? Download Skin Builder manually with zip in your product library and try that version.

Post edited by Zev0 on

Will Do

Thanks.

The ways I Installed SB8, Manual, DazCentral, Installmanager, and through DAZ3d it's self. 

edited January 2021

Open script, try clicking on cleanup temp files under settings tab.. Now load in a new Genesis 8 Female and try to build a  new skin again. Tell me what happens.

Post edited by Zev0 on

Did that a bunch of times. I'll try another computer. Maybe it's my hardware? Just spent $2000 on hardware for this machine.

System.jpg
    789 x 596 - 156K

Cannot be hardware..If script launches then there is a software conflict inside Studio somewhere. Maybe multiple installs messed it up. But try another computer.

insurrectionist_8e62182fd2 said:

I did a whole fresh install of OS, Daz and SB8 and get the error just trying to bulid a skin. The one I posted before Unable to locate torso. I started with G8F base problem. G8F dev Problems. Once it built skin then error can't find faceb jpg. Brows and Gentils errors can't locate file. To be honest with you I would love for this to work. I hate doing textures with templates. There is also a reason I buy Interactive Licenses to my products.

I installed daz to my other computer that I use to stream to my projector. Only programs on it is Win 10 Pro put on and updates. Installed Daz and my content. I still got my errors I have been having. All I can say is I'm asking for a refund and you still made money off me with the Interactive License unless DAZ takes it. I really wanted this to work. Maybe down the road? 

Sorry you cant get it to work.

Me also looks like a great product. I really wanted it to work. 

• Hi Zev0! smiley

I have your Skin Builder Merchant Resource package for G8F. Assuming it does (or soon will) work with G8.1, are we even ALLOWED to use Mechant Resources for G8.0 with G8.1??? Or is it strictly limited only to G8.0?

Yes you can use for 8.1. Standard G8 UV is still fully compatible.

• Cool! So the user agreement covers us for G8.1? smiley