Buy Something That Doesn't Work in Carrara? Post your Questions and Workarounds here. (please)

13233343638

Comments

  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 30,317

    Mystiarra said:

    thanks.  i guess i'm being seduced by the sale price.  showing like 11 bux

    cant help but notice none of the doors open in the vid

    no doors don't open but does have simple interiors  

  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 16,856

    Awesome video, Wendy! Love that Spirit of Punk shadow!!! Bravo!

    So... I'm confused. What do you mean: Street workers Carrara, rest Twinmotion?

    Are the street workers in Carrara also with SP City in Carrara, then other clips of SP City in Twinmotion?

  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 30,317

    the clips with the Victoria 4 hookers were rendered in Carrara, the other clips including that spirit of punk train and airship were rendered in Twinmotion 

  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 16,856

    WendyLuvsCatz said:

    the clips with the Victoria 4 hookers were rendered in Carrara, the other clips including that spirit of punk train and airship were rendered in Twinmotion 

    yes

  • MystiarraMystiarra Posts: 37,058

    curious if  those v4 specific carrara hairs work on the v4 skull cap in the native content? ??

    doing a massive culling of my wishlist.  

  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 30,317

    most of PhilWs use the figure model which limits them to that figure

  • MystiarraMystiarra Posts: 37,058

    WendyLuvsCatz said:

    most of PhilWs use the figure model which limits them to that figure

    is why i afraid to buy them,  frownslim hope it'll work on the skull cap 

  • MystiarraMystiarra Posts: 37,058

    when you put the g8m pro bits on g3m, does it treat it like a geograft and dodgy up the uvs?

    those pro guys are so expensive.

    thanks.  so i heard they not doing pro bundles no moars?  where the pro bits nows?

  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 30,317

    new Genesis 8.1 crashes Carrara unsurprisingly

    applying Misty's preset as a character doesn't fix it either

    certainly seems DAZ want us out of the loop

  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 11,869

    Unsurprising, as you say.  I am curious how the move toward animation and the Filament renderer is going to coexist with IRay renders for stills.  

  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 30,317
    edited January 20

    well I am using Filament a lot but still doesn't justify me buying into something that won't work in my other preferred softwares.

    I pretty much held off genesis 8 until Misty made her preset then bought heaps.

    is OK I really need to save and my future a tad dodgy at the moment anyway 

    if I turn out to have leukaemia after all the upcoming tests I really am not going to give a lot of funks

    (a possibility only at this point so not panicking yet but uneasy all the same)

    I actually feel quite healthy BTW, better than I have in years but my bloodwork says differently 

    they Xrayed all my bones yesterday 

    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 11,869

    Sending you all the positive karma vibes possible.  Encouraging that you are feeling better.  
    I pretty much skipped Genesis 3 / Victoria 7 when they came out.  By the time genesis 8 / v8 came out, I had finally gotten around to experimenting with Misty's presets.  I bought a lot of genesis 8 stuff, and the sales resulted in my getting a big genesis 3 library thrown in when buying genesis 8 bundles.  Similarly, I didn't buy much genesis stuff when it first came out but then ended up with a bunch when I dove in genesis 2.

    I think I have only tried 2 or 3 filament renders.  I love the control over lights, etc that we get with Carrara.

  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 4,724

    Sending Positive karma vibes as well heart

  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 30,317

    thanks,

    I remember having protein in my urine as a teenager and getting a kidney biopsy and nothing being wrong so it just might be a quirk of my metabolism.

    They found high globulin levels in my last two blood tests, by itself it doesn't tell what is the cause just possibilities.

    Hence more tests.

  • MystiarraMystiarra Posts: 37,058
    edited January 20

    WendyLuvsCatz said:

    new Genesis 8.1 crashes Carrara unsurprisingly

    applying Misty's preset as a character doesn't fix it either

    certainly seems DAZ want us out of the loop

    i've never felt so hum drum about a daz figure.  mebbe if they fixed the toe actor group

     

    the preset is all links to the dsf file.  replacing those files paths to the new 8.1 file theoretically should work.

    new Lyra figure looks more interesting 

    Post edited by Mystiarra on
  • MystiarraMystiarra Posts: 37,058

    WendyLuvsCatz said:

    thanks,

    I remember having protein in my urine as a teenager and getting a kidney biopsy and nothing being wrong so it just might be a quirk of my metabolism.

    They found high globulin levels in my last two blood tests, by itself it doesn't tell what is the cause just possibilities.

    Hence more tests.

    well wishes for your health!! 

  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 16,856

    Bunyip02 said:

    Sending Positive karma vibes as well heart

    Me too, along with a pile of warm hugs! heart

  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 30,317

    well so far I am fine, I am hoping it's a storm in a teacup

  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 16,856

    WendyLuvsCatz said:

    well so far I am fine, I am hoping it's a storm in a teacup

    yes smiley

  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 16,856
    edited January 20

    After taking Holiday time to get to know the sides of Daz Studio that I never really used it for, I have made a few other discoveries along the way:

    1. I prefer to use Daz Studio for working with anything Genesis 2, 3 and 8 - Compatibility makes a World of Difference!
    2. I prefer Carrara when working with Genesis 1 - For my Rosie character, things that fit almost perfectly simply using Auto-Fit are pretty much unusable in D|S
    3. I like to use transparency maps, so Filament just doesn't work for me.

    I spent quite a lot on Genesis 8 in order to create and test Rosie 8, which was a worthwhile investment. I really needed to try this technology as well as others, like Octane and Iray, new D|S animation features, etc.,

    It was refreshing (to me) to see that these modern render engines have their own batch of flaws and difficulties. In Carrara, using Carrara dynamic hair, I often have to re-render certain frames of an animation because one of the six layers of hair didn't render for that frame. Carrara makes this fix incredibly natural, easy and fast.

    Did I love my experience in Daz Studio? Absolutely - largely because Rosie 8 turned out so well, thanks to Thorne/Handspan Studios' Lara being such a perfect fit for her, along with a whole lot of tweaking and Victoria 8's body. Linday's Long Curly dForce hair is amazing as well, but it takes a LOT of time to simulate and render. In comparison, it uses four layers of hair that simulate simultaneously which can take 5+ minutes or even more per frame, while Rosie 5's six layers of hair must be simulated individually, but simulate around 1.2 to 2 frames per second. Big difference. It does put a hit on render times, but after all this time optimizing, I'm still getting mid-distance shots rendered in less than 2 minutes per frame. So far if I try that speed in Octane, the results aren't nearly as good. Iray... um... forget about speed. Given time to bake, however, and Iray spits out the finest renders I've ever seen from my own work.

    I've made a fair review of my stint into Daz Studio on my site: Discovering Daz Studio

    Would I switch from Carrara to Daz Studio? I doubt that could happen.

    Do I want to use Daz Studio more along with my Carrara work? Absolutely!

    Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • 3drendero3drendero Posts: 1,737

    new Genesis 8.1 crashes Carrara unsurprisingly

    applying Misty's preset as a character doesn't fix it either

    certainly seems DAZ want us out of the loop

    Bummer, thanks for testing.
  • MystiarraMystiarra Posts: 37,058

    has anyone had any success converting dforce outfits to carrara soft body?

  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 30,317

    Mystiarra said:

    has anyone had any success converting dforce outfits to carrara soft body?

     Virtual World Dynamics I have

    Carrara softbody I don't have much luck with any outfits Dforce or otherwise

  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 30,317

    A Carrara workaround for DAZ studio!!!

    Lipsync/mimic for DAZ studio uses morphs and Gennesis 8.1 base female they broke that

    but Carrara uses NLA clips of positioning of bones!!!!

    so a BVH export works

    yes thats a DAZ iray render but I used Carrara Mimic

  • MystiarraMystiarra Posts: 37,058

    any tricks for syncing the sound of foot steps with walk cycles?

  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 30,317

    Mystiarra said:

    any tricks for syncing the sound of foot steps with walk cycles?

     do it the other way?

    you can see the waveform in the Carrara timeline so can select all the keyframes hold CTRL and stretch or compress them to match

    Or record footsteps to match your motion by playing the video in your video editor and walking on the spot along to it?

  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 30,317

    I replaced all the the Corver with Corner and fixed the Carpel mismatches on a blended weight save of G8.1 basic female the good thing is it now doesn't crash Carrara the bad thing is you get nothing but a bounding box and a DSF error

    Misty we need you on this if you can see heart

  • MystiarraMystiarra Posts: 37,058

    WendyLuvsCatz said:

    I replaced all the the Corver with Corner and fixed the Carpel mismatches on a blended weight save of G8.1 basic female the good thing is it now doesn't crash Carrara the bad thing is you get nothing but a bounding box and a DSF error

    Misty we need you on this if you can see heart

    i dont feel optimistic they fixed the toe groups.

    but i'll try it cuz i love you.  just have to rest my eyes a bit.

  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 30,317

    Mystiarra said:

    WendyLuvsCatz said:

    I replaced all the the Corver with Corner and fixed the Carpel mismatches on a blended weight save of G8.1 basic female the good thing is it now doesn't crash Carrara the bad thing is you get nothing but a bounding box and a DSF error

    Misty we need you on this if you can see heart

    i dont feel optimistic they fixed the toe groups.

    but i'll try it cuz i love you.  just have to rest my eyes a bit.

    heart 

  • MystiarraMystiarra Posts: 37,058
    edited January 29

    Well, got some bad news and good news.

    Good, she is in carrara. she blended weight.

    bad, no idea why yet, but she not showing morphs or pose controls.   
    am i supposed to copy everything from the 8 folder to the 8.1 folder

    g81g81-1.JPG
    1035 x 600 - 74K
    g81-2.jpg
    1500 x 2000 - 70K
    Post edited by Mystiarra on
Sign In or Register to comment.