Buy Something That Doesn't Work in Carrara? Post your Questions and Workarounds here. (please)

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

they didnt fix the toes root region group.

o see ,pr[js imder tje ,morph targets, but nothing under actor.

didnt fix the actor group region.JPG
    821 x 485 - 80K
    morphs here but not under params.JPG
    800 x 500 - 74K
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,483
    edited January 2021

Thanks Misty !!!

G81F Gemini 1.png
    2284 x 1037 - 401K
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,667

ah the morphs don't populate except in D|S4.15

below gets what you said only it's own morphs

but this is still awesome you could do it yesheart

tried pastinng the g8 morphs into g81 folder.  tried updating the parent url in the morph dsf file.

i dont see the shapes in my version of ds either.  i'm on 4.11 nows.  no cms installed.
    havent tried importing a g8 morph and resaving it as a 8.1 morph

g8 pose base presets have worked so far.

i do see the extra shader domain for 'head'

well can save money not buying V8.1  can clearly see will have the same toe problem with the morph.

yeah it's not a lot of use to me either 

been playing with it as free but is missing so much functionality with expressions even in D|S4.15 for me to not be useful 

edited January 2021

Had a play with Misty's Gemini G8.1F Preset.

Was trying to get the morphs to work, plus I am using DAZ Studio 4.10 not 4.15 to complicate matters.

Read in the forum that copying the morphs from G8F to G8.1F would work in versions lower than DAZ Studio 4.15

It works in DAZ Studio but not in Carrara, saved Misty's Gemini preset as a Character Preset.

To save a morph in DAZ Studio for use in Carrara I saved the morph as a Character Preset.

Problem with the skeleton being out on extreme sized figures on saved Character Presets in Carrara.

Also saving Misty's preset as a Character Preset allows the Facial rig to be used in Carrara.

G81F Gemini 3b.png
    1858 x 947 - 100K
    G81F Gemini 3c.png
    1906 x 1007 - 336K
    G81F Gemini 3.png
    2273 x 1033 - 383K
    G81F Gemini 3d.png
    2276 x 1035 - 346K
    G81F Gemini 3c2.png
    2468 x 1033 - 654K

oooh cool yes

+1

does the figure height fbm have a chance of working?

the hd plugin had a ds script to remove scaling.

i have the aiko 8 morph.  i saved a lot of money not buying g8f stuff cuz of the toe issue.

i did fii did solve the toe issue  by addding the missing verts in the actor group.  but every time i buy a morph i have to swap the dsf files and resave her to carrara to embed the morph.  not worth the trouble.

i still laugh when loading aiko3 and hiro3, their default shapes with no morphs.  lol  alien heads 

edited January 2021

Figure height of fbm's will be a problem. I tried scaling down a figure to match the size of G8.1F, but when brought into Carrara the skeleton was still offset despite the scaling work.

Unless there is an easy way to detach the skeleton than reattach it to the fbm height in Carrara then it might be a "no-go"

G81F Gemini 4.png
    2872 x 1033 - 474K
    edited January 2021

Aiko 8, used Body & Head morphs in DAZ Studio (which kept the body size the same as G8.1F, hands were a bit shorter) and saved as a Character Preset

G81F Gemini Aiko8.png
    2278 x 1039 - 399K

kewl all those parameters are showing up

edited January 2021

prepping a cuppa tea and a tea cozy before starting 8.1m

he's got painted on eyebrows.  

Post edited by Mistara on

dunno why, but Gemini is showing some expression possst controls.  smile, and open smile.  i took her back into DS to apply opacities. and resaved her as a preset.  no like arm up down controls tho.

found that if i take the preset into ds, zero the pose and resave it as a preset.  it goes back to crashing carrara.

cant figure out what zeroing the pose is doing to his preset.  will have to start over.  its fixing the tongue parts so time consuming.

pose presets are working on him.  see a few expression pose controls.

zeroing gemini's pose did something to her, she no longer accepting her basic pose presets.  was working before.

theres a mess of eyelash morphs.  doesnt make sense cuz the eyelashes are a separate figure

Doc3.png
    1280 x 960 - 630K

devilthanks for trying but yeah if stuff can only work with the 8.1 it can stay out my cart and save me money

DAZ is doing us a favour IMO cheeky

i couldnt help it.  had to buy Michael.  oh  i weak. he not even hott like gianni6

if only the hand posses would xfer, hand grasp. 

if only face rigging would work on g2

Orson hair for g8m totally froze carrara crying

Tropical Acacia Trees - https://www.daz3d.com/tropical-acacia-trees

Tried loading TRTRS Acacia 006.duf, but was getting a crash to desktop.

Exported the tree from DAZ Studio, obj imported into Carrara, no maps.

Started loading the texture maps, but was getting crash to desktop again when I tried loading branch end.jpg.

Opened branch end.jpg in PSP and saved it as a png, loaded okay without crashing after that.

• MMM I find all of Martin Frost's stuff hard to use in Carrara, maybe it is the compression he uses on his maps?

Not tried that one yet but may investigate and resave all his maps

edited February 2021

WendyLuvsCatz said:

MMM I find all of Martin Frost's stuff hard to use in Carrara, maybe it is the compression he uses on his maps?

Not tried that one yet but may investigate and resave all his maps

Opened the branch end.jpg file again and resaved it as a jpg, tried loading the tree into Carrara, loaded okay. Must be a bad jpg file.....

EDIT - png files for the leaves now misbehaving...

edited February 2021

nostalgic for the lisa botannicals 

anyone tried the cutout plugin on leaves for the tree generator?

• Lisa is very sick in hospital at the moment, I love her plants too but they are very heavy in Carrara also

sorry to learn she is ill.

surface replication for fields of flowers?

i'm on a  mission lately to stamp out leafy transmapssmiley mip maps.  what is a mip ? lol

• Mystiarra said:

sorry to learn she is ill.

surface replication for fields of flowers?

i'm on a  mission lately to stamp out leafy transmapssmiley mip maps.  what is a mip ? lol

the further away the camera is the less resolution it has 

the other forum thread about why g3/g8 crash carrara has 2200 views. 

why uwrap, why?

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,099

I bought Riversoft Art's Genesis 8 to Genesis 3 Character Convertor, which works very well. Very slick setup!

What didn't really woork so far is my original intention for it: converting Thorne/Handspan Studio's Lara for Genesis 8 Female. Why? Because she has very large, stylized eyes - which are problematic since the eyes are part of what appears to be a single "Head" morph.

A partial solution that seems to do the trick is to use the Legacy conversion method with the tolerance set down to 0.0005, which really pulls most of the distortion away from the eyes, it seems. That is, until I started animating her and moving her eyes side-to-side and/or up and down, revealing them to be simply unusable.

This convertor, however, is still worth its weight and a Lot More!

See, I'm using Genesis 1. So I used his convertor to get morph shapes onto Genesis 3 from Genesis 8 Females so that I can then use GenX2 to add the morph shapes to Genesis 1 from there. Works like a champ!

edited February 2021

She's adorbs 

for big eyes on gn1, Mavka and Hitomi come to mind.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,099

I have no trouble getting the big eyes on Genesis 1. See Rosie 5, for example. The problem came when I tried converting Lara (who has big eyes) to Genesis 3, so that I could convert her to Genesis 1.

It's not a big deal - just having fun.

Rosie 5.5 actually already looks an awful lot like Rosie 8. When I was messing around with adding Genesis 8 shapes to Genesis 1 (through Genesis 3, then GenX2), I discovered that the Genesis 8 body shapes turn out very nice on Genesis 1 in the end! I haven't checked yet how well the eyes work on a normal (not stylized - big eyes) shape after being transferred over to Genesis 1.

I'm just glad that I was able to gab all of these amazing tools to be able to experiment with. It's just making my entire Genesis 1, 2, 3 and 8 projects that much more powerful in both DS and Carrara!