Linwelly's Grove

Comments

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,767
    Linwelly said:

putting up some testing for fonts here for part two of my comic taiduo. Some of you might have seen this in the comic thread already, but since I have added more to it as follow up I don't wnat to fill that thread with my stuff to the brim

I need some advice from you on deciding about a font that I want to use for the next part in my comic

There are several aspects that need to be considered

1. it should be different from everbody elses font as to represent a diferent language or way to speak

2. It should be readable well enough to still enjoy it after several pages of reading it (later more people will be speaking that way

3. it is supposed to give a slight feel for arabic/persian /"oriental"

so here are some tests first one only different fonts, second includes the ides of diferent colour for the text balloons please give me your vote  ( or tell me that they are all rubbish or bad to read :D)

I think changing the colour of the balloons doesn't do much unless you make it more extreme.

And if you really go there, I think differently coloured balloons don't really imply differenet languages. In the comics I've read it's usually Demons, Ghosts, Androids and such that get differently coloured/shaped ballons, implying that their voices sound strange and inhuman.

I like the idea of using different fonts but I think font 3 in particular is hard to read over time. It's also the font that reads the most "arabic" to me :/

I think it's worth looking for some more font options! Just my 2 cents :)

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795

everybody commenting on the font thing, I decided to start making the first panels of part two and then experiment some more once I have the speech ballons and everythign at the ready

Then I will test with the different options and probably post here again to get some feedback

now

I was playing around with the greeble generator and this is officially fun!

just some quick experimants with a cone:

and this is the bottom

this gives you so many options to quickly add a detail to something, it's great!

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,317
    Linwelly said:

I made a gift token for my daughter, looks almost lilke an advertisement :D

I agree very "Ad" worthy!

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,317
    Linwelly said:

and then there are the renders for Lola Llanes render a month, this one was for the hard annd soft challenge and I really like the result very much, I'm gion to try and turn this into a book cover

This could certainly work as a book cover

edited September 2020

I will be giving another webinar with Digital Art Live on Sunday

So if you're interested in how to customise textures and props from your DAZ content Library to your own needs, this is for you.

Sie here fore more details and registration:

https://digitalartlive.com/event/using-gimp-to-customize-and-supercharge-your-scenes/?utm_source=iContact&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=digital-art-live-communication&utm_content=Newsletter+20209811+DAZ+Studio

SuperchargePoster4.jpg
    1005 x 1300 - 452K
    Post edited by Linwelly on

Christmas came early this year and I got a new computer including a nice new graphiccard. Here is to putting it to the test:

Neat!

I have just bought that hair, can't wait to put it to use!

@Hylas was it on the pc for a day? It think its a really nice hair

this one will probably get lost on the gallery with todays action there.

So happy halloween from LingQi and QAI-xin from Taiduo

edited November 2020

hmm. hmmm, hmmmmmmm

ok I'll post it here since the gallery is still MIA, this is my Entry for the Movember contest

My hands are Idle

Bandele Tem, better known as Zhu Xiu, is a tinkerer and repairshop owner in the futuristic scifi setting of my webcomic Taiduo. Keeping his hands busy is his coping mechanism, sometimes it fails.

Focus on men's mental health in 2020

My_Hands_are_Idle.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 365K

Woooooow photorealism!

• I tried uploading my Movember Animation to the Movember contest but it wont accept my file WMV or mp4, both under 10mb, anyone know what animation file type it will accept ?

I tried uploading my Movember Animation to the Movember contest but it wont accept my file WMV or mp4, both under 10mb, anyone know what animation file type it will accept ?

did you put it on some social media plattform as well and added the link to that? just a thought

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,119

I tried uploading my Movember Animation to the Movember contest but it wont accept my file WMV or mp4, both under 10mb, anyone know what animation file type it will accept ?

Are you talking about uploading to the forums? The file size limit is closer to 8MB in my experience. 

Gordig said:

Are you talking about uploading to the forums? The file size limit is closer to 8MB in my experience. 

the upload for the contest images/animations is here: https://www.daz3d.com/movember-contest

aside from the social media you're supposed to use as well

• Hi Linwelly, yes, I posted a link to my animation on the contest page, and just a still from the animation (not about uploading to the forums) I now tried all different animation file types, and the contest page won't accept any of them, strange that it says upload your static picture or an animation.

Thanks for your reply, love your picture.

Hi Linwelly, yes, I posted a link to my animation on the contest page, and just a still from the animation (not about uploading to the forums) I now tried all different animation file types, and the contest page won't accept any of them, strange that it says upload your static picture or an animation.

good thing you got the still in at least, and with the link to the animation I hope they will use that!

I tried to inquire on the submitting of animations but didn't get back anything yet

• aograiaograi Posts: 637

I am unable to submit my artwork. It just gives an error message and to try again later... Why?

My artwork is less than 8mb.

aograi said:

I am unable to submit my artwork. It just gives an error message and to try again later... Why?

was that as well animation or a single image?

• aograi said:

Please try again, this should be fixed.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,718
    edited November 2020
    Linwelly said:

Hi Linwelly, yes, I posted a link to my animation on the contest page, and just a still from the animation (not about uploading to the forums) I now tried all different animation file types, and the contest page won't accept any of them, strange that it says upload your static picture or an animation.

good thing you got the still in at least, and with the link to the animation I hope they will use that!

I tried to inquire on the submitting of animations but didn't get back anything yet

This is definitely fixed for mp4 and avi (in theory).

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    edited November 2020

yesterday my latest webinar hit the store:

https://www.daz3d.com/supercharge-your-daz-studio-content-with-gimp

So what will be adressed:

How to alter texture maps when the content you have chosen does not stand out; it is been used by dozens of other artists already

The skin of a character is a little lack-luster or has the wrong tone or color? Using it on a different figure leaves the mesh stretched at some places

What about adding some magic or energy effects to the scene?It is not always sunny in cyberspace, so how about some realistic rain and fog?

Integrate textures from your own photos

SuperchargePoster4.jpg
    1005 x 1300 - 452K
    edited December 2020

posting a high fantasy image her for once.

It started out with trying to make a crystal crown with the yrystals floating, well that worked, then I neede to use it on someone

So here is this beautiful elven queen offering you the magic scroll

The_Scroll.jpg
    1414 x 2000 - 555K
    edited December 2020

no words needed

Lin_x-mas.jpg
    1061 x 1500 - 188K
    Linwelly-xmas-screit.jpg
    1061 x 1500 - 698K

testing post

edited February 2021

forget it

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Having trouble with posting images again @Linwelly???

no I mostly had trouble posting comments

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Wow though lately I am not surprised because with Daz 3D working on the forums trying to improve things a lot has been messing up!!

might as well have been just on my side, since nobody else seemed to have that problem and it was already gone when I made those tests