The older generation: Victoria 2/3, Michael 2/3 and their children renders

Comments

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

Ouch!

edited September 2020

Poor Vicky3!

Another V3 render ... in another forum somebody mentioned Go Go Boots ...

V3GogoBoots.jpg
    738 x 960 - 119K
    Post edited by Kerya on
  • Kerya said:

Poor Vicky3!  Another V3 render ... in another forum somebody mentioned Go Go Boots ...

That looks very nice. The pose seems natural and the texture and lighting are well done. I know it's just a simple render, but I appreciate how clean it looks.

• This thread is all about reviving dead or nearly dead characters. In my - possibly rather warped - mind this triggered an idea for an image. The undead zombie character of Glamorous Vicki 3 asking for help, begging for help, from a very much alive G8F character, who is too busy, and possibly too unkind, to do more than fend GV3 off. 

Zombie texture for V3 was available from Renderosity once.. don't know if it still is.

That's a pretty funny story. I had trouble seeing Vicky's face, though, so it took me a moment to figure out what was going on. But, as I said, once I got it, I laughed.

• The zombie texture I found came with either a zombie skin on the face or one where the skin had mostly peeled away revealing the muscles below. The latter is the one I used. Then used the same texture as a +0/-1cm displacement map so the muscles would stand out a bit. OK, didn't take long to put together, so it's not great, but I don't think the warped idea/joke I had was worth much more time spent on it.

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,574
    edited September 2020

Was it this texture?

If so, it's a vintage freebie from MrSparky mapped for the Mil' 3 figures.  As you said with proper displacement, specularity, etc., it's still quite effective!

Sincerely,

Bill

A3-Ghoul-J-1.jpg
    600 x 600 - 36K
    Post edited by Redfern on
  • No, it wasn't that one. I have tried to find it again, but as I downloaded it years ago (2007 or before, because I basically gave up on DS in late 2007 because my machine of the time couldn't cope with the features of DS 1.something), I really cannot remember where I got it from. I'm pretty sure it was on Renderosity as that's where I used to get the majority of my freebies, but it's certainly not there now.

I also found that Sparky one this morning while looking to see if I could find the one I used, and to be honest it looks much better. Going to try with that texture myself at some point. The fun that could be had with the revealed ribs and intestines... You've done a remarkable job with it in such a short time. It's such a shame that so much good stuff hasn't been updated for the current capabilities. V3 is transformed by iRay and is so much more impressive - makes the apparent advantage of G8 seem so much smaller when you render with all the iRay bells & whistles.

Regards,

Richard.

Oh, I didn't "whip up" that "ghoul" just this morning.  I already had Aiko 3 saved with those material settings and simply cranked out a fast render after I read the last couple of posts.

Still, I'm flattered you thought I was "that fast". wink

Sincerely,

Bill

• Dug out a pose I did for GV3 years ago, and thought of an appropriate re-use. GV3 finding the lake isn't as warm to swim in as she'd first thought:

Regards,

Richard

• CriosCrios Posts: 2,646

I can say something off topic, I am checking some old DAZ characters, like the Gremlin and the like, and I must say that they are very rich in morphs and expressions. They have nothing to envy to modern morphs for G8 and company, apart from perhaps the materials and the number of polygons.

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 4,980
    edited September 2020

Changed the view/composition & pose of my image above a little, made it marginally better I think.

Regards,

Richard

GV3 Cold in Lake R02.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
    Post edited by richardandtracy on

I like the second better, because of the composition.

edited September 2020

Reckon I agree with you. Shame it's not a good pose for V3. Her elbows are, err.. bad. Good thing she's a way away.

Really ought to see what I can do about moving GV3's shape as a morph over to G8F. I don't fancy using the GenX conversion to G3F and then RiverSoftArts' conversion to G8F. Seems to be too many chances of getting it wrong. Maybe I'll have to try some other method. Might involve writing a program to do it with massive manual intervention. We shall see. Ahh. And for GND2. That will make for a good deal of work. It's not that I dislike V3, particularly when updated with iRay. The problem with V3 is that the joint movements are not as good as G8, and fitting clothes can be a nightmare. Just some of the figure shapes were so good can't leave them to moulder away un-noticed & un-appreciated.

• edited September 2020
    I went through my renderosity gallery and came across this old M2 image of Cohen the barbarian. https://gal.cdn.renderosity.com/images/image_58999/514753e1a58a1f62af1b35229ee3da31_original.jpg?v=991932675
    Post edited by jconder676_652d576f03 on
  • And another really old one. I think it might actually be from before Daz3d even existed. Vicki 2, the Gremlin, and the Minotaur is made from a free Bigfoot figure from (I think) Zygote, and bull head from a CD full of props I bought from (again I think) Zygote. https://gal.cdn.renderosity.com/images/image_19357/6a9a414b3aee320ea33a5fe4558fc74e_original.jpg?v=968062844
  • I love Cohen.

Pratchett is sorely missed.

• And another really old one. I think it might actually be from before Daz3d even existed. Vicki 2, the Gremlin, and the Minotaur is made from a free Bigfoot figure from (I think) Zygote, and bull head from a CD full of props I bought from (again I think) Zygote. https://gal.cdn.renderosity.com/images/image_19357/6a9a414b3aee320ea33a5fe4558fc74e_original.jpg?v=968062844

Wow, this is a blast from the past. I must say, you accomplished some pretty good poses and expressions with those older figures.

And yes, I'm pretty sure that the Bigfoot was by Zygote – I also have that ancient figure (at least I think I do... haven't looked in ages to see if it's still on my harddrive).

• Okay, that's pretty darned funny!

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,276
    Redfern said:

When Leonard Nimoy passed away, I felt motivated to complete a scene that had sat unfinished for quite some time.  I used the M2P4 bybrid model (Michael 2's head atop a body shaped and rigged like the Poser 4 nude male) to create Spock as i really liked what XCalPro did with the uniforms.  I also had a face pose that I thought really caught Nimoy's features.  My goal was to interpret the 1974 model kit (designed by Aurora (known for its various movie monster kits) and distributed by AMT in the US), expanding upon and enhancing the elements of the kit.  Yes, the original version of the assembly kit included a 3 headed space hyrda.

Credits

Michael 2 P4...DAZ.com
    Face morph...Porthos
    Uniform tunic...XCalPro
    Uniform pants...XCalPro
    Uniform boots...XCalPro
    Tricorder...XCalPro
    Phaser...MechMaster
    Communicator...MattyManx/Sgreco
    Spock hair...Mylochka
    Dragon's Keep...AntFarm
    Twister sky-dome...AntFarm
    RDNA XenoFlora...Traveler
    Hydra...MallenLane
    Enterprise...MattyManx/David Metlesits

Sincerely,

Bill

Wow! Awesome render! That looks so good and so much like him! A great tribute to a wonderful man. 

edited September 2020

@3Diva , thank you!  That means a lot.  As dorky as this may seem, during the 1970s Mr. Spock was something of a childhood hero for me.  During that time, maintaining my temper was a bit of a challenge and here was this character who managed to keep a collective calm, so Spock 's controlled demeaner was something towards which I could at least try to aspire.  And while I long ago outgrow that childlike (or maybe childish) adoration, when I learned of his passing, it hit me a bit harder than I expected.  I felt "driven" to create this piece as I really enjoyed building and painting the plastic kit around 1973 (maybe '74).

On a less maudlin note, care to guess which figure I used here and how I created her star spangled, satin tights?

Sincerely,

Bill

A3-W-Woman-J-2.jpg
    600 x 960 - 112K
    Post edited by Redfern on
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,276
    edited September 2020
    Redfern said:

@3Diva , thank you!  That means a lot.  As dorky as this may seem, during the 1970s Mr. Spock was something of a childhood hero for me.  During that time, maintaining my temper was a bit of a challenge and here was this character who managed to keep a collective calm, so Spock 's controlled demeaner was something towards which I could at least try to aspire.  And while I long ago outgrow that childlike (or maybe childish) adoration, when I learned of his passing, it hit me a bit harder than I expected.  I felt "driven" to create this piece as I really enjoyed building and painting the plastic kit around 1973 (maybe '74).

On a less maudlin note, care to guess which figure I used here and how I created her star spangled, satin tights?

Sincerely,

Bill

Yeah, Leonard Nimoy's death hit me extremely hard as well. It's hard to believe it's been over five years, it still feels painful and raw - I'm not sure that's a wound that will ever heal for me. Like you, he made a massive impact on me when I was growing up. Nearly every male in my life was abusive and hot-tempered. His portrayal of Spock with his calmness, reason, and logic gave me hope that maybe not all males where violent and abusive. He was someone I looked up to, both on camera and off. He was a massively talented man who was creative and artistic in many ways. He will hold a place in my heart probably for as long as I live. :)

BTW your Wonder Woman render is cool. Is that the original Girl figure? Maybe mixed with She-Freak? I'd love to know where you got the Wonder Woman outfit! :D

Post edited by 3Diva on

No, not "The Girl", but rather Aiko 3 with the "Kioki" morphs focusing upon the barious muscularity morphs.  The face, as a starting point is "Mila" from Thorne and Sarsa which I then tweaked like crazy with other dials.

The suit?  This is where I "thought outside the box".  It's Yamato's freebie "Sexy Backless Bunny" costume, yeaj, part of a cocktail waitress ensemble!  I fivided the the existing 2 material zones, the tail and the bodrice proper into 3 additional zones, a panty region a girdle and a bustiere section.  (That last one I wound up not using.)  This way I'd have razor sharp deliniations among them.  For the panty region I created a plain blue texture map with vextore based "star" stamps sized and positioned to my liking.  For the girle, I created a displacement that started as white for the "girdle region and black for evetrything outside.  Then I used a "blur" function in PaintShop Pro that created a gradiation at that border.  When that bitmap was plugged into the displacement channel, it extruded the the girdle with a smooth curvature along the edge.  then i fitted a piece from one of TerryMcG's free Wonder Woman custumes to the chest, the breast element based upon the Lynda Carter TV costume.  A bit tricky as it was meant for V4.  I got it position for that "arched back" pose, but I'm not yet sure what will happen if I change A3' position.  I topped it with an Ali hair product, HR-138 (intended to resemble WW) some bracers from some other set and a pair of books to which I added 2 more material zones, a top trim and a white strip down the front.

But yeaj, the core of her star spangled satin tights started existence as a cocktial bunny waitress ensemble.

Sincerely,

Bill

edited October 2020

I am trying to get GV3 into different clothes. With some slight, very slight, success. And also to find ways of getting other stuff to work with her. This is the once rather popular Aery Soul V3 Elvenstrapped bikini fitted to her with default converted Poser materials, G8F waist rope and choker, and an attempt to get the MRL dForce strand hair to work (https://www.daz3d.com/mrl-dforce-long-morphing-hair-for-genesis-8-females)

Not entirely happy over the way I had to get the Elvenstrapped clothing to work - basically shrink it, then use a smoothing modifier to expand it until the clothing was outside GV3. However it does work.

The hair. Hmm. That's not good. It's a G8F hair, and fitting it to GV3 didn't work at all. I ended up saving GV3's pose as a pose preset, then applying that to the hair and finally tweaking the Y scale of some of the bones in the hair. The scaling could be done with a script to scale the bones so they match GV3 automatically. Would then need a separate one for GND2. Thinking about it, that could work. Not entirely happy about doing it that way, but it could work. I may try with converting the hair to a prop and parenting it to GV3's head - has anyone else tried something like that? I hope the strand hair would survive the transition to a prop and that other hairs would have their morphs survive.. The MRL hair is a pain really. I've had it crash DS when using it on G8F, and the simulation doesn't seem to work terribly well, leaving the hair all wafty over the place. If the image resolution were better you'd see some strands coming out of GV3's left cheek. For some reason during simulation, those stands went through her forehead and eye and then as if they suddenly remembered about colision detection, they became immoble while sticking out of her jawbone. If it weren't too late, I think I'd be returning the hair.

Regards,

Richard.

Edited to add: It'd be nice to play with the rigging of the hair, basically delete all hair rigging below the head, then parent the hair head bone to the figure head bone & retain the rest of the rigging. Is this possible in DS in theory? If it is, it may be worth seeing if it could be done in practice.

GV3 Elven Strapped 3 R01a.png
    334 x 824 - 300K
    edited October 2020

I  have, at last, been able to finish the image I wanted the AS Elvenstrapped bikini for after finally getting a working GV3 Fitting morph earlier this week. This image was partly inspired by recently re-reading Jean M Auel's 'Clan of the Cave Bear'. The invention of the bow didn't occur until possibly 8000 years ago, so that's the sort of vaguely post-glacial period I'm imagining the image is set in.

After getting up before dawn on this crisp autumnal morning, our hunter had finally stalked close enough to the Moose to be able to have a reasonable chance of a kill. There would be enough meat to get her family group through the next month or so so long as the first frosts of the winter came soon enough to freeze the meat before it spoiled. So, slightly crouching down she knocked the arrow and started to draw the bow, keeping the bow horizontal so as not to give a hint to the Moose that she was a danger. This far away - further than she wanted but as close as she dared given the cover - the arc of the arrow was going to be significant so she had to adjust her aim by a great deal.

The landscape is UltraScenery with an extended forest and glacial runoff water, the Moose is a prop from MostDigitalCreations. The bow & arrow from Guy91600 Renderosity freestuff. The early morning mist is the iRay fog set to 1000 opacity distance. Lighting by freebie HDRI sky, one of the early morning ones available from .. err, I forget where.

Regards,

Richard.

GV3 Archer 2 R02.png
    1860 x 911 - 3M

Wonderful scene!

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Agreed!!

• Thankee kindly.

Has taken a bit longer to get here than I anticipated, but the results are pretty close to what I envisaged.

Regards,

Richard.

• It may be of interest to someone, but I have uploaded a limited script to correct a V3 pose applied to G8F.  Does most of the job but not all. If you're interested it's available in the freebie forum.

Regards,

Richard

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,712

OK I have a dumb question (not a render)

how do you load morphs you create on V2 stuff? it has no deltas

Sorry - I don't understand - each Poser figure has Deltas ...

How did you create the morph?

I hope this helps: https://www.deviantart.com/lordscorpion13/journal/Using-Morph-Loader-Pro-files-in-Daz-Studio-689035118