2nd of nine lives Cat Girrrl render thread prrr

Comments

• MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,159

I love the composition and, in particular, the lighting. Exellent work, Bill.

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,581
    edited June 2020

Because the selection thumbnails depicted untextured clothing items, I did not realize a Japanese vintage freebie for Aiko 3 was actually a rather notable collection.  They were the iconic blue dress and white apron ensemble "Alice" wore during her trip Wonderland,  After bellowing a Himer Simpson "D'OH!" I thought, "Let's have Mzzkiti (using the "Melody for A3" figure) try it on for size.  Dressed as Lewis Carroll's famous character, surely she needed to encounter one of Wonderland's famous denizens, so I loaded AntFarm's "Hookah Cat".

While I certainly did not intent such, I'll admit it does look like Mzzkiti is requesting a "hit" from the Caterpillar's "water pipe"!  Yeah, do that, kitten and you'll really discover just how deep that rabbit hole goes! surprise

Sincerely,

Bill

Mzzkiti-as-Alice-J-1.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 95K
    Post edited by Redfern on
    edited June 2020

It started out as a lil' homage to Ray Harryhausen given the Dreka looks like some sort of single frame animated puppet, but then things kinda' got a bit silly.

Cue "Yakety Sax", more casually remembered as the "Benny Hill" chase theme.

Sincerely,

Bill

Mzzkiti-Chased-J-2.jpg
    1200 x 720 - 130K
  • DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,646
    edited July 2020

Although she is not as charming as your girl Redfern. Victoria 1 or 2 can play as well. This is Little Dragon's Millennium Catwoman. She needs some work.

Post edited by DollyGirl on
    edited July 2020

Oh, yeah..."Mia"!  Little Dragon let MaPPer and me beta test the figure.  Her biggest "problem" was that Victoria 3 was right around the cirner, awaiting her debut.  So started the cycle that has continued to this day.  When the new figures appear, the majority of content creators "drop" the previous mesh in favor of the latest.  Suddenly ie was V3 getting all the slick outfits, leaving Vickie 2 in the cold.  And as Mia had the body of V2, she got caught by that same undertow.

But, if you know how to tweak the mesh and dress it, Mia is still a viable character model.  Here I dressed her in the "Concord Pathfinder" uniform, creating "displacement maps" from the existing textures, giving Mia raised snaps and clasps upon her outfit.

Sincerely,

Bill

Mia-Concord-J-2.jpg
    800 x 800 - 211K

Holy Moly! How exciting is this! I have Concord Navy. I am so excited. What tail did you use? a free one or paid. I have Cat Character for Victoria 1 I need to see what that looks like. There is a tail and nails in the pack. Oh my, gosh I learned a lot. Her name is Mia and you helped to bring her about. Well that information will diffidently go on to her page on the freebie wiki. Thank you so much. Little Dragon released several cat figures. Did you help with those too? I am not the greatest modeler but I am not afraid to try and see what I can do. You got any more tid bits on the story behind Mia. Were there other things developed for her? Thank you and really love what you did with Mia.

For this piece I used Little Dragon's free "Bushy Tail 2" which can be found here...

http://littledragon.francemi.net/misc_01.htm

Little Ragon modeled a stand-alone figure called "Furrette", a kind of species neutral "furry" character that can be morphed into several forms.  He started with a version 1 (logically), but as his skills improved, he introduced a second version.  The notion behind the figure came about because he wanted a model of web cartoonist's Eric Schwartz's "Sabrina" of "Sabrina*Online".  Taking a cue from the earliest figures by DAZ, he realized he could make so that it could represent different cartoon critters.  And, being the generous person he is (assuming he's srill on the grid), he decided to share his efforts.  That figure can be found here.

http://littledragon.francemi.net/furrette_01.htm

(And yes, that sci-fi uniform replicates the design I depicted in my "dead" web comic "Freighter Tails".)

Later, he collaborated with a "furry" 3D modeler who sculpted "Krystal" from "StarFox Adventures".    LD converted the mesh to Poser format and eventually developed an entire wardrobe for her.  Like Furrette, Krystal could be morphed to respresnt a few different mammal species and could even be turned into a guy.  Like his other material, he shared it with the poser community.  While LD himself didn't really care one way or the other, that Krystal model was used by various end users to create a LOT of anthro erotica, so much of it that the adult furry art site Fur Affinity actually put a halt to those renders for a while!  Really!  The Krystal items can be found here.

http://littledragon.francemi.net/starfox_01.htm

Now, you've possibly seen LD associated with a series of "furry" models that were geometric fusions of the Poser nude female and male with heads of the vintage Poser wold, lion and cat.  Those were actually created by somebody called LemurTek.  But Little Dragon came along later to create some new textures, additional morphs and even eye models to replace the static eyeball geometry of those earliest hybrid figures.  Ld adapted LemurTek's idea of fusing different models in order to create "Mia".  And years later Lady LittleFox would do something similar when she created "Melody for A3", though in that example she custom modeled the animal head from scratch rather than extracting it from an existing model.  So one can trace a kind of "lineage", starting with LemurTek's "Second Nature" figures, to Little Dragon's "Mia' (and then branching into original models) and followed by LittleFox's "Melody" and "Micah".

Oops!  Got a lil' longwibded, there, didn't I?

Sincerely,

Bill

• pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,538
    edited July 2020
    DollyGirl said:

Holy Moly! How exciting is this! I have Concord Navy. I am so excited. What tail did you use? a free one or paid. I have Cat Character for Victoria 1 I need to see what that looks like. There is a tail and nails in the pack. Oh my, gosh I learned a lot. Her name is Mia and you helped to bring her about. Well that information will diffidently go on to her page on the freebie wiki. Thank you so much. Little Dragon released several cat figures. Did you help with those too? I am not the greatest modeler but I am not afraid to try and see what I can do. You got any more tid bits on the story behind Mia. Were there other things developed for her? Thank you and really love what you did with Mia.

FYI, the V2 & M2 concord textures were for a garment called "Remapped Bodysuit" it may still be around and I'll see if I can find it". The V3 texture was a 2nd skin and may be convertable to modern figures.

Post edited by pwiecek on
    edited July 2020

pwiecek, There are instructions on how to remap the catsuits in the readme of Concord Navy. Seems to be pretty easy they want a planar map for the textures to work. You do need UVMapper to do this but is doable. Thanks for the heads up.

edited August 2020

FLO:  So, my food isn't good enough for you?!

Mzzkiti:  "First rule of shore leave: sample the local cuisine."

FLO: "I thought it was 'check out the local brothels'."

Mzzkiti: "..."

Cook (thinking): "You are not part of this conversation.  Just tend to your soup."

F.L.O., the Food Logistics Operations robot doesn't seem too keen on Mzzkiti eating somebody else's cooking.  And though an AI, F.L.O. is surprisingly wise to the ways of the world, leaving the hungry Moggian at a loss for words.  Meanwhile, the cook of a local planetside noodle shop just wants to mind his own business, not wishing to get involved.

Mzzkiti is, of course, Melody for A3, the diner is the now "vaulted" Feng's Noodle Shop, FLO is a personal creation (though borrowing arms from an old Robby the Robot freebie) and the cook is a figure from the SketchFab site that Jakob Baldwin modeled and shared and Jim "Xaa" Farris rigged.

Sincerely,

Bill

Mzzkiti-at-Fengs-J-1.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 122K
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    Redfern said:

Oh, yeah..."Mia"!  Little Dragon let MaPPer and me beta test the figure.  Her biggest "problem" was that Victoria 3 was right around the cirner, awaiting her debut.  So started the cycle that has continued to this day.  When the new figures appear, the majority of content creators "drop" the previous mesh in favor of the latest.  Suddenly ie was V3 getting all the slick outfits, leaving Vickie 2 in the cold.  And as Mia had the body of V2, she got caught by that same undertow.

But, if you know how to tweak the mesh and dress it, Mia is still a viable character model.  Here I dressed her in the "Concord Pathfinder" uniform, creating "displacement maps" from the existing textures, giving Mia raised snaps and clasps upon her outfit.

Sincerely,

Bill

I really like this NPR style! Very cool!

Uh...NPR style?  National Public Radio?  Sorry, I'm missing the reference here.

But, at least you like it, so I guess NPR style is a good thing, whatever it is.

Sincerely,

Bill

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    Redfern said:

Uh...NPR style?  National Public Radio?  Sorry, I'm missing the reference here.

But, at least you like it, so I guess NPR style is a good thing, whatever it is.

Sincerely,

Bill

NPR = "non photorealistic rendering". It looks almost like a comic book page to me - so it looks, imo, like a cool NPR style! :D

Probably due to the muted earth tones and greys I used throughout the image.  About the only things that "pop" are her gold eyes, the similarly hued screen text and the gleam of actual gold on the helmet visor.

I guess I was in a "brown" mood when I staged this composition. wink

Sincerely,

Bill

Oh there she is again. Our Mia. Here are the links to this beauty:

Her, Her orange tabby texture and the Bushy Tail 2

You have to have V2 and the millenium cat to decode the object file. The matching head texture is in Classic Cats 1.  She is so pretty.!

What a shame that neither V2 or the mil cat are available any more. Just like the Noodle Shop. Sad

Wait, the Millennium Cat is no longer available?!

No wonder customers are clammoring for a new cat!

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,150
    Redfern said:

Wait, the Millennium Cat is no longer available?!

No wonder customers are clammoring for a new cat!

The Daz Housecat is the MilCat with a fresh coat of paint and dForce fur.

And I see the original Poser based version is available in at least three "bundles"...

https://www.daz3d.com/3d-starter-pack

https://www.daz3d.com/animal-starter-bundle

https://www.daz3d.com/3d-starter-bundle-scifi

It just isn't sold by itself any longer it seems.  (Not that is a problem for me as I bought it back last decade.)

Ah yes it is and the animal starter bundle has the Cat bundle which includes the texture sets you need to complete the figure, maybe. It says on my product page that they pulled the cat bundle because of the removal of the textures so maybe not? But I guess you could take the body texture and modify it to match one of the free textures out there for the cat.

Oh, I think I get what you're saying.  Little Dragon created a couple of V2 "body" textures that would match those DAZ sold for the Houxs Cat.  It saved LD the effort of painting textures for the head of his hybrid figure.

edited August 2020

As promised I have work a bit on Mia. I am going to add this entry in my art thread because I learned something about spikey stuff and I want to add that discussion there.

Title: Join the Space Force Now
    Rendered in iRay. Postwork in Gimp to add the text and sig.
    An imaginary recruitment post for the US Space Force. Featuring one of their own Lt. Mia Tabby. Lt. Mia as she is called, is a combination of Victoria 2 body and Millineum Cat. A creature created by Little_Dragon with the help of Redfern and others. The poster behind her is from the JPL site. Lt. Mia is based loosly on Redfern's Mzzkiti, both being service girls and all. I want to thank Redfern for all of his information about this character, where she came from, who was involved. I love history.

So here she is:

Freebies:
    Character:Lt. Mia:Actor              * Millennium Catwoman v1.2 by Little_Dragon.
    Character:Lt. Mia:Tail                   Bushy Tail 2 by Little_Dragon.
    Character:Lt. Mia:Texture          * MilCatwoman Red Tabby Texture by Little_Dragon.
    Clothing: Jewelry: Earrings       * Ankh Earrings for Poser by Chris Cox.
    Clothing:Bodysuit and Vest         Furrette SPF Uniform by Little_Dragon.
    Clothing:Jewery:Ring               * Shardz Elven Ring for V3 by Shardz.
    Environment:Background           Visions of the Future - Venus by Jet Propulsion Laboratory.
    Hair                                             Little_Dragon's Ziggy Hair for Furrette 2.0 by Little_Dragon.
    Pose:Lt. Mia                               Inspired by Louis Royo by Schlabber.
    Prop:Lt. Mia:Weapon               * Angry Hornet Raygun by Archeopterix.
    Shader: Lt. Mia:Claws             * Iray car related shader presets 'megapack' by Tom2099.
    Shader: Suit: Jewelry: Gold    * jewelry_iray_shaders by AllenArt LaurieA.
    Shaders:Clothing                    * Iray Leather Shaders by Tom2099.
    Paid fors:
    Character Base:Lt. Mia:Head       * Millennium Cat by DAZ 3D.
    Character:Lt. Mia:Claws              # Cat Character (w/ poseable nails) by DAZ 3D.
    Character:Lt. Mia:Texture           # Classic Cats Combo by LaurieS Lisa's Botanicals.
    Clothing:Conversion                   * CrossDresser V2 by EvilInnocense.
    No Counts:
    Character Base:Lt. Mia:Body      # Victoria 2.0 by DAZ 3D.
    Clothing:Bib                                # RDNA Roma by Traveler.
    Environment:Lighting                 # FWSA Soft Light Probes by Fred Winkler Art Sabby.

* - Requires free registration
    # - No longer legally available

Is Cerinian Vixen a renamed Krystal Starfox or is it a morph?

pwiecek said:

Is Cerinian Vixen a renamed Krystal Starfox or is it a morph?

Iust Little Dragon being "silly" with naming conventions.  It's the stand-alone Krystal figure using a different name.

edited August 2020

Thanks, I figured it might be a copyright thing

Post edited by pwiecek on

@DollyGirl , You know, I think you are the third person (whom I know) who has made use of the Space Protectorate Force uniform Little Dragon modeled textured and rigged,  The first being, logically, Little Dragon himself in some promo renders.  The second would be Desgar, a member at Renderosity and Deviant Art. (He colors the outfit differently to better fit his narratives.)  But you went that extra step to fit it upon a differently rigged figure.  Brave move, there.

To clarify, the only part I had in Mia's creation was a little bit of casual beta testing, just to make sure the figure would not crash Poser.  LD did 99.5 percent of the work.

Sincerely,

Bill

edited August 2020

I would have to defer to being able to buy my way to a nice fit. EvilInnocense did all of the heavy lifting on that one. Many years back EvilInnocense had a sale on her bundle of licenses 60 bucks or something like that. You got 160 different figures, Furrette being one of them. Her software performs really well for what I have converted. Below is Lt. Mia as a S.H.A.D.O officer based on the moon. The bodysuit was originally fit to V4. I tried to just convert it to Victoria 2 but there was still some poke through so I tried smoothing and it blew up so I have Mesh Grabber. My new secret love fixed the fit and got something to work. So I call this one Hanging Out with Her Best Friends Forever. Rendered in iRay.

Liezuretimewiththebffs1.png
    500 x 647 - 405K

That memorable purple hairpiece (worn by the female operatives within the SHADO moon base) frames Mia's features perfectly!  I see that hair or the "ribbed" bodysuit and that funky theme by Barry Gray becomes an instant "earworm"!

Sincerely,

Bill

• That memorable purple hairpiece (worn by the female operatives within the SHADO moon base) frames Mia's features perfectly!  I see that hair or the "ribbed" bodysuit and that funky theme by Barry Gray becomes an instant "earworm"!

Sincerely,

Bill

The theme is great, I and I like the weird space close theme.

But  Power Themes 90 remix

That memorable purple hairpiece (worn by the female operatives within the SHADO moon base) frames Mia's features perfectly!  I see that hair or the "ribbed" bodysuit and that funky theme by Barry Gray becomes an instant "earworm"!

Sincerely,

Bill

The theme is great, I and I like the weird space close theme.

But  Power Themes 90 remix

Heh, heh...  If I considered the broadcast version an "ear worm", then that remix is a full grown "Ceti eel"! surprise

Sincerely,

Bill

Glad I could make your day. Being accross the pond I did not get to watch the series. I think I missed something special not getting to experience it in the moment. I was keen on space back then. Reason why I went into engineering and of course for the money.laugh