The older generation: Victoria 2/3, Michael 2/3 and their children renders

Comments

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,645

Richard, I would never have thought to do it the way you described. Guess it is time to go play. Thank you. I will keep you posted.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    DollyGirl said:

Thank you Kerya. To your question about the texture. I can only guess but I think I started out with Coco by Valentin 3D found here: http://web.archive.org/web/20061121070356/http://valentin3d.free.fr/pages/16.html#65. Then I think I added some pink for blush on the cheeks and nose. I then added some eyeliner using the shape of the Death texture from Serenity and Death by FrogLace found here: http://www.froglace.com/2016/11/09/wolfrose-vintage-textures-for-v2/. This image was done before my harddrive crash so no reference files to go back to. Sorry I could not be more precise. I don't have all of the stuff I had installed back yet but if I find something else I will tell you.

Thank you - very creative!

edited June 2020

So I was goofing around with BatGirl by Cagedrei. There are two versions one for V1 and then one for a combo figure of V1 head and Possette Body. This image is just V1 with Possette's catsuit. Kind of fun.

Victoria2-BatGirl.png
    500 x 647 - 221K
    Post edited by DollyGirl on

Cagedrei MultiVic, head is Victoria 1 and body is Possette. I think she could be Harley

DollyGirl said:

Cagedrei MultiVic, head is Victoria 1 and body is Possette. I think she could be Harley

Oh my, Harley she is. LOL

• ZateticZatetic Posts: 283
    edited July 2020

sorry posted too soon

Post edited by Zatetic on
    edited July 2020

Fairy Dream - a peek inside

I'm not sure if Mavka counts as part of the older generation so I apologize if she does not belong here. Dream world image made with JWildfire.

Post edited by Zatetic on
    Zatetic said:

I'm not sure if Mavka counts as part of the older generation so I apologize if she does not belong here. Dream world image made with JWildfire.

Lots of pretty colors and an interesting environment, Zatetic. Thank you for sharing. The subject of this thread is about figures that were made in the early 2000's or before. The Generation 3 characters came into being starting in 2002. The lovely Mavaka was created around 2010. Speaking for myself and not the creator of this thread.I don't mind having visitors.

Here is Stephanie 1 with Victoria 2's textures. Stephanie 1 is based upon Micheal 2 mesh so her orignal UVs were the same as Micheal's. AprilyYSH did a remap but her cr2 did not include the morphs so I added them back in so that I could use the Stephanie 1 morphs identified in on the PoserDAZfreebie wiki.

So here is Stephanie with Victoria 2's Sasha textures and 3Dream's fullbody morph for Stephanie 1.

Zatetic said:

Colorful! I like it.

And I don't mind Mavka renders in this thread.

DollyGirl said:

Here is Stephanie 1 with Victoria 2's textures. Stephanie 1 is based upon Micheal 2 mesh so her orignal UVs were the same as Micheal's. AprilyYSH did a remap but her cr2 did not include the morphs so I added them back in so that I could use the Stephanie 1 morphs identified in on the PoserDAZfreebie wiki.

So here is Stephanie with Victoria 2's Sasha textures and 3Dream's fullbody morph for Stephanie 1.

Pretty - and I like her pose.

My apologizes. I will check character creation dates before posting another render here. I've been a member for less than a year so I am still trying to get oriented.

Zatetic said:

My apologizes. I will check character creation dates before posting another render here. I've been a member for less than a year so I am still trying to get oriented.

Zatetic, no need for apologiezes. Kerya says it is good. She's the boss.

DollyGirl said:
    Zatetic said:

Zatetic, no need for apologiezes. Kerya says it is good. She's the boss.

Not a boss, not a boss! *panics*

I am only the person who started the thread ... LOL

Oh Kerya, you would make a great boss. You are kind and considerate and you keep people focused on the point of an issue. I like you Boss. laugh

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 4,979
    edited July 2020

Thought I'd play with GND2 (Blackhearted's V3 model) and UltraScenery, and ended up with this:

Need to apply proper iRay materials to her hair and clothes, but I'm getting there slowly. The pose was a problem for the V3 base, including high degrees of thigh distortion and the glutes just looked wrong, but fortunately all that was hidden by the grass.

GND2 03 R02.jpg
    1860 x 923 - 621K
    Post edited by richardandtracy on

My my Richard that is one goreous render GND has amazing detail in her arms. Really pretty. You can believe that you are the one taking the picture. I like the choice of green for her shirt and what we see of her pose is very natural and your shirt provided you with some awesome folds. Great job. Are you putting them in your gallery here on the site? You should you know. I think you are good enough to make the banner.

I love this scene - so peaceful!

DollyGirl, I don't normally upload images to my gallery here, but have done so now at your prompting - I have been a bit remiss in that regard. The suggestion one of my images might make the banner gave me a fright for a moment or two. I cannot imagine how poorly my images would look next to the amazing work displayed there, but as there is so much difference in quality, I could relax - can't imagine it'd happen in a month of Sundays. Lovely compliment, though, thank you.

Regards,

Richard.

You are most welcome Richard. It is hard to see the worth of one's work sometimes. you know you like it but not sure others will. 

My newest favorite. Victora 2 with Poser 4 female shape. I was hunting for lost treasure and found the texture for Vicky2P4 by Minerva. Clothing is All Posette by MLB Graphics. Hair is Anime Flip by StudioMaya. Pose is from Action Poses by Childe-of-Fyre. Expression is from MultiVic by Cagedrei. Rendered in iRay Me poking the bear about Vicky, skimpwear and fighting in Temples.

"NVIATWAS" - LOL !

She looks pretty fierce!

Too much like the original meaning to qualify for this thread: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/365681/the-incorrect-definition-of-nvitws-challenge-thread/p1 .wink

Not bad, DollyGirl. Not bad at all.I am constantly amazed how, by retrospectively applying new shaders and judicious use of new props, it's possible to give these older models a new lease of life. and have them look comparable to the current generations of models.

Regards,

Richard.

Thank you Kerya and Richard, You hit the reason for doing images with older content right on. Compared to what is offered out there as current freebies these poor offerings don't stand much of a chance. What a funny thread. Thinking about naked Vickies must be in the ether right now. To funny.

I have been playing with V3 of late. @richardandtracy Phoenix1966 has a few fits for the Girl Next Door for some of V3's more popular outfits. Below is Tink rendered in iray.

Thanks DollyGirl, I shall investigate that. Looks useful, thanks. Now all I have to do is dig out my copies of the AS clothing.

Regards,

Richard.

Your welcome Richard. Some of the fits are for free outfits so should be something you can play with to see how the fit works. oh you lucky dog about the AS clothing. They do amazing work.

okay here is a blast from the past. This is Little Dragon's Millennium Catwoman for Victoria 1 or 2.

edited July 2020

DollyGirl, I'm pretty sure I only have the freebie stuff they did. I started with Poser4 about the time we moved house, and as we went from no mortgage to what felt like a huge one, and had 2 kids, and we were a bit short. Saving up for Poser4 took all my pocket money for something like 7 months, and then almost immediately Poser5 came out and I started saving for that, having no spare cash for much else, so I think freebies were the most expensive items I could afford. However, that was 16 years ago & [to quote Terry Pratchett's Nanny Ogg] I have passed a lot of water since then, and my memory is not as good as I had hoped.

Post edited by richardandtracy on
    edited July 2020

So just to keep up on the front page. This is M2 with Michael's Morphing Fantasy Beard with Hair with AS's texture called E's Hammer of the Godz M2. Back then AS was called Ecstasy. It is free and the link can be found on this page.

DAZ3D-Michael's Morphing Fantasy Beard with Hair.png
    500 x 647 - 329K
    Post edited by DollyGirl on