The older generation: Victoria 2/3, Michael 2/3 and their children renders

17810121315

Comments

  • CriosCrios Posts: 1,804

    After years I finally realized that I had always used Victoria 3 SAE, the one bundled with the first version of DAZ that I downloaded (2.X). I have all generation 3 (Michael 3, The Girl, The Freak, David, Aiko 3), but I never had Victoria 3.

    Also because when I started V4 was just released, and in a short time I had the basic version for free.

  • NathNath Posts: 2,104

    On an aside, I've always read that as Victoria 3 Self Addressed Envelope...

  • GafftheHorseGafftheHorse Posts: 540

     

    DollyGirl said:

     

    This one I call ''Uh oh, looks like trouble"

    Glamorous Vickie 3 has wandered too far while talking on her phone. Suddenly she's in an area she doesn't know, surrounded, with no way back, forwards or to either side.

    Figures are Glamorous Vickie, Aurore and Aisling (latter two are G8F). Car is Dry Jack's Fiat 126. It's strange and rather nice to see one with a UK number plate. Street is 'Northern Terrace Street'.

    Wow, nice. I've found mixing Mil-3 with Genesis close together more often usually looks jarring, but she looks very darn good next to the modern figures - the only giveaway is those skinny V3 arms.

     

    Never really noticed skinny V3 arms before, always thought it a feature of the particular look of GV3, but looking back at some of the older images I favourited on Rendo, yep, you are right.  I can't really remember using V3 much myself. I suppose I may have done, but  my DAZ history seems to start in 2002 with Victoria (1?) sample maps but not Victoria, not sure why. I suspect my PC was such a limitation at the time that I didn't do a great deal of rendering. In November 2004 I got a 0.7.?? beta of DS and spent a fair time trying to learn that. My first image on Rendo was using Poser 4 in Feb 2005 (still the only Poser image I've displayed), but since Sep 2005 all my images including figures have been DS or Flowscape. Will admit to a gap 2007-2019 where I did nothing; a 26 hr 43 min rendering may have prompted that and convinced me my PC couldn't cope with V4..

    Oh, I only started using Daz end of 2016, but curiousity prompted me to a few older figure purchases at the beginning, but running Daz on Linux with Wine as I do, I found the older figures meant a more stable Studio, I could cram more figures in, and the simpler skin materials made it easier to experiment.

    I've had 4 day renders - but they really need to be interesting images or I'd get bored waiting and cancel as not worth the inconvenience.

    V3 skinny arms aren't as bad as Sp3s strange upper arms - worst cases mostly due to poses failing to utilise collar joints as well as arm joints.

  • DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,438
    edited May 16

    A little something I have been working on, just to see if I could get my mojo back. I seem to be angry because V2 got lots of piercings. So the model is V2, character is Natty by Casette, which contains the pose I used in the image. Texture is Ecstasy's Sasha for V2. I created an iray version of the textures. I have a thread for my stuff in this section and I will be listing all of the items I used to make this image and another of the same model. Just in case someone wants some new stuff for V2. So here she is.

    Dark Angel

    DarkAngel03-signed.png
    500 x 647 - 435K
    Post edited by DollyGirl on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,289

    Cool lady!

     

  • edited May 17

    I woke this morning, intending to work on a comic book idea of mine. Instead I happened upon this thread and ended up working on this instead: Vicki 2, post

    work in Painter Essentials

    image

    Post edited by Chohole on
  • DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,438

    Thank you Kerya. An iconic Vicki render for sure jconder.

  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 971

    I have been reminded of an image I have in my Rendo favourites. It dates from 5 Sept 2005, uses V3 and was shown by DAZ PA LiquidRust. It is hard to believe it was done with V3 on DS 0.something or DS 1.something. Wouldn't look out of place if someone claimed it was G8F done in iRay days ago. The image is SFW, but as it's not a recent one or one I created, I only include a link to it:

    https://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/-testing-lips-and-eye-relfections-/1040363/

  • DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,438

    Very pretty.3Delight can be a beast but once you get the rules sorted out it it amazing.

  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,289

    I woke this morning, intending to work on a comic book idea of mine. Instead I happened upon this thread and ended up working on this instead: Vicki 2, post

    work in Painter Essentials

     

    I like it!

  • CriosCrios Posts: 1,804

    I have been reminded of an image I have in my Rendo favourites. It dates from 5 Sept 2005, uses V3 and was shown by DAZ PA LiquidRust. It is hard to believe it was done with V3 on DS 0.something or DS 1.something. Wouldn't look out of place if someone claimed it was G8F done in iRay days ago. The image is SFW, but as it's not a recent one or one I created, I only include a link to it:

    https://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/-testing-lips-and-eye-relfections-/1040363/

    I think that don't count how powerfull is your software, bot how you use it. Remeber that DAZ has been used in Disney's movie.

  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,289
    edited May 21

    Desert Dancer

    Here are Victoria and Michael TWO. And their pets ... LOL
    DazStudio 4.11 3Delight render

    Credits:
    Victoria 2 - Daz3d
    Spring of '76 - Tamsin Character - 3D Universe
    Subsurface Skin Shader - Tofusan
    Gypsies & Genies - Anton Kisiel
    Gypsies & Genies Textures 3 - Silverleif Studios
    Anemone Hair - 3Dream, Mairy
    Michael 2 - Daz3d
    CDIBoris - Capsces
    JebM2 - BluEcho
    Subsurface Skin Shader - Tofusan
    DNA_TempleGuard - Traveler
    Gargoyle Hound - Daz3d
    Desert Hounds - philosophersegg/Sparky
    Easy Environments: Oasis - Flipmode
    Morphing Magic Carpet - HyperKnux
    Big Pillow - Runtimedna (Poser5 content)
    Jewels of Architecture Volume 1 - Moyra (Textures for Carpet & Pillow)
    Fat Jar - Runtimedna (Poser5 content)
    Core Lighting 2 - Lantios (modified)

    DesertDancer.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 344K
    Post edited by Kerya on
  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 5,384
    Kerya said:

    Desert Dancer

    Here are Victoria and Michael TWO. And their pets ... LOL
    DazStudio 4.11 3Delight render

    Credits:
    Victoria 2 - Daz3d
    Spring of '76 - Tamsin Character - 3D Universe
    Subsurface Skin Shader - Tofusan
    Gypsies & Genies - Anton Kisiel
    Gypsies & Genies Textures 3 - Silverleif Studios
    Anemone Hair - 3Dream, Mairy
    Michael 2 - Daz3d
    CDIBoris - Capsces
    JebM2 - BluEcho
    Subsurface Skin Shader - Tofusan
    DNA_TempleGuard - Traveler
    Gargoyle Hound - Daz3d
    Desert Hounds - philosophersegg/Sparky
    Easy Environments: Oasis - Flipmode
    Morphing Magic Carpet - HyperKnux
    Big Pillow - Runtimedna (Poser5 content)
    Jewels of Architecture Volume 1 - Moyra (Textures for Carpet & Pillow)
    Fat Jar - Runtimedna (Poser5 content)
    Core Lighting 2 - Lantios (modified)

     

    Nice! Aww those gargoyles are cute:)) Had to visit the store for a check- wishlisted:) Love this from the product page:

    Textures and Poses

    • 500 by 3500 detailed texture map(no bump needed)

    laugh 

  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,289

    Well, Sparky's Desert Hounds textures are 1500x1500 - but I think they are working fine.

     

  • DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,438
    edited May 24

    Well done, Kerya. Is V2 just V2 or did you inject a character?

    So here is Rose in Ja-tex's Mermaid line dress,

    Rose.jpg
    607 x 1000 - 101K
    Post edited by DollyGirl on
  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 971

    DollyGirl, that is really nice. I presume that Rose is a V3 figure from the shoulder shape, but otherwise she could be of the latest generations. The floating path was inspired.

  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,289
    DollyGirl said:

    Well done, Kerya. Is V2 just V2 or did you inject a character?

    So here is Rose in Ja-tex's Mermaid line dress,

     

     

    That is a lovely picture!

    As for your question: it's a character that isn't sold anymore. Spring of '76 - Tamsin Character - 3D Universe

    The only things that are still available from that Spring of 76 are https://www.daz3d.com/spring-of-76-bicycle-and-guitar-set and https://www.daz3d.com/spring-of-76-wild-braids-hair

     

  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 971
    edited May 25

    Here's one with Glamorous Vicki and GND2 by Blackhearted (both V3 models) in their terraced house garden, the cats have been - and are about to cause - mayhem. One is in the window box rolling on the tulips, while the other is about to whack the Dragonfly on Vicki's knee. That will, almost inevitably, cause Vicki's tea to go everywhere...

    GND2 is very hard to get things to fit to. I ended up, for the short shorts, using a G8F garment, shrinking it, then using the smoothing modifier to get it to fit her shape. Did a similar thing with GV3's alternative swimsuit top on GND2' s chest.

    Regards,

    Richard

    Victoria Terrace 03 R02.png
    1424 x 923 - 2M
    Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,438

    DollyGirl, that is really nice. I presume that Rose is a V3 figure from the shoulder shape, but otherwise she could be of the latest generations. The floating path was inspired.

    Thank you richardandtracy. Nope Rose is a V2 Roxanne that is why she has funny biceps.The steps are free: https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/the-stepping-stones/68985 by Fabiana.

  • DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,438
    Kerya said:
    DollyGirl said:

    Well done, Kerya. Is V2 just V2 or did you inject a character?

    So here is Rose in Ja-tex's Mermaid line dress,

     

     

    That is a lovely picture!

    As for your question: it's a character that isn't sold anymore. Spring of '76 - Tamsin Character - 3D Universe

    The only things that are still available from that Spring of 76 are https://www.daz3d.com/spring-of-76-bicycle-and-guitar-set and https://www.daz3d.com/spring-of-76-wild-braids-hair

     

    Thank you Kerya. Thanks for the info on Tamsin she has such a sweet face.

  • DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,438

    Here's one with Glamorous Vicki and GND2 by Blackhearted (both V3 models) in their terraced house garden, the cats have been - and are about to cause - mayhem. One is in the window box rolling on the tulips, while the other is about to whack the Dragonfly on Vicki's knee. That will, almost inevitably, cause Vicki's tea to go everywhere...

    GND2 is very hard to get things to fit to. I ended up, for the short shorts, using a G8F garment, shrinking it, then using the smoothing modifier to get it to fit her shape. Did a similar thing with GV3's alternative swimsuit top on GND2' s chest.

    Regards,

    Richard

    Ah the mayhem of pets. Love the picture richardandtracy. I have Blackheart's Alyson2 version of Anastasia and I have your lovely V3 girl wishlisted. Such beautiful lines on her limbs and the definition on her back. You did a good job fitting the clothing. What ever works is a good thing.

  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 971

    I'm a bit in the dark about Alyson2 or Anastasia, is it a Poser base figure? Not really sure about it which is one of the reasons why I don't have it. I stopped using Poser at version 4 because I was fed up with the way new versions were being churned out and little, if any, incentive was being given for upgrading. Poser 4 had cost me 7 months of savings & Poser 5 came out shortly after I got it, and no upgrade was offered. And later, while I was still disgruntledly saving for P5, it came to light that P5 was very buggy so I dropped the idea of upgrading. Then, when DS came out/or I first noticed it,  I jumped to it at Version 0.7 - it was at a price I was prepared to pay, and it already had a better rendering capability than P4 even at that early beta stage.

    But yes, GND2 has a beautifully defined shape. Though, I feel given the athletic shape of the rest of her, her bust should be smaller to more closely reflect the low bodyfat ratio elsewhere. How many Olympians are well endowed up top (those weight lifting or throwing the Shot/Discus excepted, as they have an entirely different body shape)?

  • DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,438
    edited May 26

    Yes she is. I came into the scene when DAZ offered a free version of Studio 3.0. I remember seeing Poser on the shelves for 300 to 500 bucks. Way to steep for my pocket book. I think Alyson2 came with 2014 Pro. I got my first Poser program with Poser Debut. they offered it for free one Christmas. By then Studio was enough competition that they started offering upgrade options. I bought 2010, 2012 and 2014 that way. I only got them to use the cloth simulator. I thought the interface for Poser was a bit clunky and  archaic. You got better results with Poser if you were a beginner or intermediate user because Studio required one to have a very good understanding of how shaders and lighting worked in 3Delight. Poser did that for you. Last year I bought a boxed copy of Poser 5 for 38 bucks. I wanted to have the Poser 5 nude woman and the kids. It was interesting to see the artists that provided content for Poser back then. I did not install Poser 5 though. One of the cool things I experienced was when DAZ offered alot of their older stuff because they were going to retire the items. They offered 3 bundles for 50 bucks a piece. That is when I got all of the Generation 1, 2 and 3 figures. Those were the days. Below is Stephanie 1

    Arduino-HERMA.png
    500 x 647 - 568K
    Post edited by DollyGirl on
  • Kerya said:

    Desert Dancer

    Here are Victoria and Michael TWO. And their pets ... LOL
    DazStudio 4.11 3Delight render

    Credits:
    Victoria 2 - Daz3d
    Spring of '76 - Tamsin Character - 3D Universe
    Subsurface Skin Shader - Tofusan
    Gypsies & Genies - Anton Kisiel
    Gypsies & Genies Textures 3 - Silverleif Studios
    Anemone Hair - 3Dream, Mairy
    Michael 2 - Daz3d
    CDIBoris - Capsces
    JebM2 - BluEcho
    Subsurface Skin Shader - Tofusan
    DNA_TempleGuard - Traveler
    Gargoyle Hound - Daz3d
    Desert Hounds - philosophersegg/Sparky
    Easy Environments: Oasis - Flipmode
    Morphing Magic Carpet - HyperKnux
    Big Pillow - Runtimedna (Poser5 content)
    Jewels of Architecture Volume 1 - Moyra (Textures for Carpet & Pillow)
    Fat Jar - Runtimedna (Poser5 content)
    Core Lighting 2 - Lantios (modified)

    I love this. Vicki and Mike 2 have long been overshadowed, but it's nice being reminded of how great they were (are).

  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,289

    Here's one with Glamorous Vicki and GND2 by Blackhearted (both V3 models) in their terraced house garden, the cats have been - and are about to cause - mayhem. One is in the window box rolling on the tulips, while the other is about to whack the Dragonfly on Vicki's knee. That will, almost inevitably, cause Vicki's tea to go everywhere...

     

    GND2 is very hard to get things to fit to. I ended up, for the short shorts, using a G8F garment, shrinking it, then using the smoothing modifier to get it to fit her shape. Did a similar thing with GV3's alternative swimsuit top on GND2' s chest.

    Regards,

    Richard

     

    Lovely scene! And yes ... cats and mayhem. LOL

  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,289
    edited May 28
    DollyGirl said:

    Yes she is. I came into the scene when DAZ offered a free version of Studio 3.0. I remember seeing Poser on the shelves for 300 to 500 bucks. Way to steep for my pocket book. I think Alyson2 came with 2014 Pro. I got my first Poser program with Poser Debut. they offered it for free one Christmas. By then Studio was enough competition that they started offering upgrade options. I bought 2010, 2012 and 2014 that way. I only got them to use the cloth simulator. I thought the interface for Poser was a bit clunky and  archaic. You got better results with Poser if you were a beginner or intermediate user because Studio required one to have a very good understanding of how shaders and lighting worked in 3Delight. Poser did that for you. Last year I bought a boxed copy of Poser 5 for 38 bucks. I wanted to have the Poser 5 nude woman and the kids. It was interesting to see the artists that provided content for Poser back then. I did not install Poser 5 though. One of the cool things I experienced was when DAZ offered alot of their older stuff because they were going to retire the items. They offered 3 bundles for 50 bucks a piece. That is when I got all of the Generation 1, 2 and 3 figures. Those were the days. Below is Stephanie 1

     

     

    She looks good (in my opinion)!

    Post edited by Kerya on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,289
    Kerya said:

    Desert Dancer

    Here are Victoria and Michael TWO. And their pets ... LOL
    DazStudio 4.11 3Delight render

    Credits:
    Victoria 2 - Daz3d
    Spring of '76 - Tamsin Character - 3D Universe
    Subsurface Skin Shader - Tofusan
    Gypsies & Genies - Anton Kisiel
    Gypsies & Genies Textures 3 - Silverleif Studios
    Anemone Hair - 3Dream, Mairy
    Michael 2 - Daz3d
    CDIBoris - Capsces
    JebM2 - BluEcho
    Subsurface Skin Shader - Tofusan
    DNA_TempleGuard - Traveler
    Gargoyle Hound - Daz3d
    Desert Hounds - philosophersegg/Sparky
    Easy Environments: Oasis - Flipmode
    Morphing Magic Carpet - HyperKnux
    Big Pillow - Runtimedna (Poser5 content)
    Jewels of Architecture Volume 1 - Moyra (Textures for Carpet & Pillow)
    Fat Jar - Runtimedna (Poser5 content)
    Core Lighting 2 - Lantios (modified)

     

    I love this. Vicki and Mike 2 have long been overshadowed, but it's nice being reminded of how great they were (are).

     

    Thank you!

     

     

  • CriosCrios Posts: 1,804
    edited May 27

    I've taken a version of Poser Debut too time ago, only for have the base Poser Character, but ever used DAZ Studio.

    Post edited by Crios on
  • DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,438
    edited May 27
    Crios said:

    I've taken a version of Poser Debut too time ago, only for have the base Poser Character, but ever used DAZ Studio.

    Yes me too. I have only done a couple of Poser renders. I pull everything into Studio when I can. I will be doing the same with GND Anatasia as well. Can't make it easy on myself, you know. Here is Aiko (Anime-Manga Character).

    Fairywoods-Aiko's Dress 1.png
    500 x 647 - 471K
    Post edited by DollyGirl on
  • DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,438
    Kerya said:
    DollyGirl said:

    Yes she is. I came into the scene when DAZ offered a free version of Studio 3.0. I remember seeing Poser on the shelves for 300 to 500 bucks. Way to steep for my pocket book. I think Alyson2 came with 2014 Pro. I got my first Poser program with Poser Debut. they offered it for free one Christmas. By then Studio was enough competition that they started offering upgrade options. I bought 2010, 2012 and 2014 that way. I only got them to use the cloth simulator. I thought the interface for Poser was a bit clunky and  archaic. You got better results with Poser if you were a beginner or intermediate user because Studio required one to have a very good understanding of how shaders and lighting worked in 3Delight. Poser did that for you. Last year I bought a boxed copy of Poser 5 for 38 bucks. I wanted to have the Poser 5 nude woman and the kids. It was interesting to see the artists that provided content for Poser back then. I did not install Poser 5 though. One of the cool things I experienced was when DAZ offered alot of their older stuff because they were going to retire the items. They offered 3 bundles for 50 bucks a piece. That is when I got all of the Generation 1, 2 and 3 figures. Those were the days. Below is Stephanie 1

     

     

    She loks good (in my opinion)!

    I think so too. Stephanie is much larger then her next generation versions. I have not played with her except to get Arduino's Herma. Quite an interesting figure. He based his model off of a greek statue of an hermaphrodite.

Sign In or Register to comment.