Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on

Comments

• Joe WebbJoe Webb Posts: 837

I haven't been active on the forums for a while but I just wanted to say this ad on is a HUGE help. I've been spending way too much, again, lately, but I can prioritize what I want. Of course there is no guarentee - I was looking at a product and thinking, and hoping, and looking at the history I saw it didn't go on sale in ages, so I got it at a small discount. It went on a deep discount a few days later. Oh well - its not a deal breaker, I'm not going hungry, so its all good.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,300

My wishlist is timing out in Chrome when using the extension without loading any items.   If I open an incognito window and log in with out the extension, everything shows up.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,078
    Sevrin said:

My wishlist is timing out in Chrome when using the extension without loading any items.   If I open an incognito window and log in with out the extension, everything shows up.

Not much is added to the wishlist page itself. The most resource intensive feature on that page would be the multiple wishlists, but even that shouldn't cause a timeout. Try disabling that feature on the options page to see if that helps.

Ati said:
    Sevrin said:

Not much is added to the wishlist page itself. The most resource intensive feature on that page would be the multiple wishlists, but even that shouldn't cause a timeout. Try disabling that feature on the options page to see if that helps.

Thanks.  That worked.

• iTryiTryiTryiTry Posts: 1

This is a really great plugin. No idea why i didn't search for something like that earlier. Thank you very much!

I added the ability to list all the items you have set up individual notifications for. Click the "Full list" link under the price history, and you'll get a new page with all the items. This allows you to see what notifications you have and also allows you to delete notification you don't need any more.

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470

Here's a possible feature request  :)  We have a "hide" button for items, but could we have an "installed" button, that we can set once we install (manually) an item.  I don't use the install managers, so I can keep a custom easy to locate content directory.  My problem is knowing what I have installed or not yet, as sometimes I get ahead of myself.  With that, I can go to the store, "show items I own" and then maybe hide "installed" to point out items I have not yet used/installed.

Right now I just keep track in a spreadsheet...but it gets tedious.

Then again, there may be other ways to keep track of this, for the manual downloaders?  Ideas wanted!  enlightened

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    3dOutlaw said:

Here's a possible feature request  :)  We have a "hide" button for items, but could we have an "installed" button, that we can set once we install (manually) an item.  I don't use the install managers, so I can keep a custom easy to locate content directory.  My problem is knowing what I have installed or not yet, as sometimes I get ahead of myself.  With that, I can go to the store, "show items I own" and then maybe hide "installed" to point out items I have not yet used/installed.

Then again, there may be other ways to keep track of this, for the manual downloaders?  Ideas wanted!  enlightened

Since you need to download and unzip to a temporary location before you can rearrange stuff, you could use DIM for that, then DIM can tell you what you've installed, as well as when products are updated.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited July 2020
    3dOutlaw said:

Since you need to download and unzip to a temporary location before you can rearrange stuff, you could use DIM for that, then DIM can tell you what you've installed, as well as when products are updated.

DIM only tells you what you've installed with DIM, not what you installed manually ...

And yes, I am one of those using DIM to download (information about updates ...), but install manually.

I have a textfile for "not yet installed" files ...

Post edited by Kerya on
  • brvsnbrvsn Posts: 213
    edited July 2020
    Kerya said:

DIM only tells you what you've installed with DIM, not what you installed manually ...

And yes, I am one of those using DIM to download (information about updates ...), but install manually.

I think the idea was to install to a fake daz folder with DIM (so to keep track) and then move those files manually.. the problem I can see with this is that DIM still have a CMS folder option, so when you open daz the info about those items will be imported automatically, pointing to a non existing folder, so exclamation marks and file not found.. even if you change the CMS folder location option in DIM, it seems to me that it goes back to latest CMS used in daz (I see this behaviour since I use different contet sets with different CMS locations)

EDIT: oh anyway I came here to ask if anyone has issues with the wishlist.. when I open mine the extension seems to freeze and the browser (Firefox) asks if I want to block or wait for it.. I chose temp disable and it seems to work normally

Post edited by brvsn on
    brvsn said:

oh anyway I came here to ask if anyone have issue with the wishlist.. when I open mine the extension seems to freeze and the browser (Firefox) asks if I want to block or wait for it.. I chose temp disable and it seems to work normally

Firefox is a lot slower when it comes to this extension. You either need to have more patience than with Chrome, or disable some of the more resource-intensive features. The first I suggest you disable if you have issues with the wishlist is "multiple wishlists," that does a lot of calculations.

• brvsnbrvsn Posts: 213
    Ati said:
    brvsn said:

oh anyway I came here to ask if anyone have issue with the wishlist.. when I open mine the extension seems to freeze and the browser (Firefox) asks if I want to block or wait for it.. I chose temp disable and it seems to work normally

Firefox is a lot slower when it comes to this extension. You either need to have more patience than with Chrome, or disable some of the more resource-intensive features. The first I suggest you disable if you have issues with the wishlist is "multiple wishlists," that does a lot of calculations.

k thanks a lot! that's exactly the feature I enabled when firefox started to bother me witht he warning..

anyway since I'm already using two browsers I may disable the option on firefox and enabled it on the other one, the new Edge browser (that it's based on Chroium).. thanks again

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750
    Ati said:

What I like to do is go to my wishlist, hide PC+ items, and sort by % off. This puts all items that are on sale at the top. This may include some false positives, as they may be part of another sale, but you'll see that from the price in the cart (not getting the extra discount).

That's exactly how I did it until recently, because for a couple weeks - three or so - the result isn't sorted for % off at all, but shows me the same 30-40 old items - which have 0% off - at the start off the list and then continues with other shop items, without bothering about % off either...

Probably a user error, but I just can't find out how I messed it up frown

Ati said:

What I like to do is go to my wishlist, hide PC+ items, and sort by % off. This puts all items that are on sale at the top. This may include some false positives, as they may be part of another sale, but you'll see that from the price in the cart (not getting the extra discount).

That's exactly how I did it until recently, because for a couple weeks - three or so - the result isn't sorted for % off at all, but shows me the same 30-40 old items - which have 0% off - at the start off the list and then continues with other shop items, without bothering about % off either...

For the % off calculations to work, the addon needs to communicate with our servers to fetch the full prices. This result is cached, and is stored in your browser for a few hours before being refreshed. You're talking about weeks, so there's something more going on there for sure. Maybe a firewall on your computer blocks background requests, and you never get the full price list?

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750
    edited July 2020
    Ati said:
    Ati said:

For the % off calculations to work, the addon needs to communicate with our servers to fetch the full prices. This result is cached, and is stored in your browser for a few hours before being refreshed. You're talking about weeks, so there's something more going on there for sure. Maybe a firewall on your computer blocks background requests, and you never get the full price list?

the % off sorting works fine as soon as I don't use the hid PC+ option

Edit: I turned off the "Multiple Wishlist", "show filter for required items..." and "hide items (with DAZ Studio and Poser marked as my interests to be shown" options and this magically made the sorting work properly again when hiding PC+ and sorting by % off...

As I said.. user error I guess ;)

Post edited by maikdecker on
    Kerya said:
    3dOutlaw said:

You have to unzip the package to a temporary location to rearrange the files anyway, so if you let DIM do it, DIM considers them installed.

If you both rearrange files AND use CMS, you need to stop the CMS while DIM is "installing."  I hadn't considered that some people might do both.

Kerya said:
    3dOutlaw said:

You have to unzip the package to a temporary location to rearrange the files anyway, so if you let DIM do it, DIM considers them installed.

If you both rearrange files AND use CMS, you need to stop the CMS while DIM is "installing."  I hadn't considered that some people might do both.

Is there a way to remove all trace of CMS from Daz Studio?  It does weird things, like showing items installed with DIM greyed out with a download icon, even though when I click on the icon I go to the product as expected.  I never log in or show the log-in window when starting DS.  I only ever install things with DIM, Content Wizard or manually.

Sevrin said:
    Kerya said:
    3dOutlaw said:

Is there a way to remove all trace of CMS from Daz Studio?  It does weird things, like showing items installed with DIM greyed out with a download icon, even though when I click on the icon I go to the product as expected.  I never log in or show the log-in window when starting DS.  I only ever install things with DIM, Content Wizard or manually.

Close the Smart Content Pane.

Sevrin said:
    Kerya said:
    3dOutlaw said:

Cute.

I like Smart Content.  DIM installs Smart Content.

Sevrin said:
    Sevrin said:
    Kerya said:
    3dOutlaw said:

Cute.

Okay, so you don't want to remove the CMS, you just want to not use Connect.  Other than the product icon being grayed out, does it work correctly (going to the DIM-installed files)?

Sevrin said:
    Sevrin said:
    Kerya said:
    3dOutlaw said:

Cute.

Okay, so you don't want to remove the CMS, you just want to not use Connect.  Other than the product icon being grayed out, does it work correctly (going to the DIM-installed files)?

As far as I can tell.

Sevrin said:
    Sevrin said:
    Sevrin said:
    Kerya said:
    3dOutlaw said:

Cute.

As far as I can tell.

Does re-importing metadata fix it?

Sevrin said:
    Sevrin said:
    Sevrin said:
    Kerya said:
    3dOutlaw said:

Cute.

As far as I can tell.

Haven't checked.  All I wanted to know if I can disable Daz Connect functionality.  It's got nothing further to do with Ati's add-on.

Sevrin said:
    Sevrin said:
    Sevrin said:
    Sevrin said:
    Kerya said:
    3dOutlaw said:

Cute.

As far as I can tell.

Haven't checked.  All I wanted to know if I can disable Daz Connect functionality.  It's got nothing further to do with Ati's add-on.

Did you ever login from DS?  I haven't and it doesn't show the Connect-related symbols.

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,404

Thanks Ati and Overdrawn! I just realized the Deal Browser provides an interesting solution to the "What's in my catalog" question. Granted, I don't have much content compared to others here, and it may be too unwieldy for for much larger catalogs; but this is the play:

I used the "Only Show Owned" option on the base shop page to reveal all the items I own that are still in the active catalog. A few items are no longer active, but that's ok. I ran through the listing to load it all in my browser and used a page-saving plugin to save the entire thing as an html page. Now I have a catalog of my items in a fairly accessible and entertaining browsing format.

Updating involves repeating the whole process. So I'd probably only do that once in a while. Also, the page is 89mb. That will only increase over time, but it made me smile today. laugh

• Torquinox said:

Thanks Ati and Overdrawn! I just realized the Deal Browser provides an interesting solution to the "What's in my catalog" question. Granted, I don't have much content compared to others here, and it may be too unwieldy for for much larger catalogs; but this is the play:

I used the "Only Show Owned" option on the base shop page to reveal all the items I own that are still in the active catalog. A few items are no longer active, but that's ok. I ran through the listing to load it all in my browser and used a page-saving plugin to save the entire thing as an html page. Now I have a catalog of my items in a fairly accessible and entertaining browsing format.

Updating involves repeating the whole process. So I'd probably only do that once in a while. Also, the page is 89mb. That will only increase over time, but it made me smile today. laugh

Well, if you can find something to convert html to table or to xls, then you could have it all in a searchable mode. And then when you update, you just have it sort new first. that should catch most of your new purchases. And you only have to save and convert the new things, and then merge them into your database.

• Has anyone else noticed the million dollar item that is 99% off, but still $7000? Or that if you put it in the cart it's 100% off, but still $7000. And that it doesn't exist, but you can still put it in your cart! lol. 

Has anyone else noticed the million dollar item that is 99% off, but still $7000? Or that if you put it in the cart it's 100% off, but still $7000. And that it doesn't exist, but you can still put it in your cart! lol. 

I've been asking about it in the sales error thread, but based on the responses, it looks like it's not an error. Strange.

• Ati said:

I've been asking about it in the sales error thread, but based on the responses, it looks like it's not an error. Strange.

*blink, blink*

Wow..how...interesting....

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

One of the features I love about this add-on is the list of forum posts about a specific product. Many of these posts contain super-helpful info about using the product, defects, render tips, etc.

I was wondering if there was any way to clean up the list by eliminating posts that only are used for price shopping, especially when the prices do not reflect any current sales.

This discussion has been closed.