Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on

Comments

• AtiAti Posts: 9,081
    dawnblade said:

I was wondering if there was any way to clean up the list by eliminating posts that only are used for price shopping, especially when the prices do not reflect any current sales.

What do you mean by "price shopping"? Some threads are excluded from the list, such as clearly sale-related threads, error reporting threads, etc. But with dozend, if not hundreds of new threads and thousands of posts per day, I'm sure I don't catch them all. :) So if you have specific threads in mind, feel free to PM me.

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723
    Ati said:
    dawnblade said:

I was wondering if there was any way to clean up the list by eliminating posts that only are used for price shopping, especially when the prices do not reflect any current sales.

What do you mean by "price shopping"? Some threads are excluded from the list, such as clearly sale-related threads, error reporting threads, etc. But with dozend, if not hundreds of new threads and thousands of posts per day, I'm sure I don't catch them all. :) So if you have specific threads in mind, feel free to PM me.

Ok, thanks.

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,261

I have just started having a problem with the Promo notifications being empty

I use Chrome 

All other notifications are working fine

Screenshot from 2020-07-14 21-01-20.png
    1599 x 411 - 26K
  • TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,561

Well, if you can find something to convert html to table or to xls, then you could have it all in a searchable mode. And then when you update, you just have it sort new first. that should catch most of your new purchases. And you only have to save and convert the new things, and then merge them into your database.

It's a good suggestion. Thanks. smiley

I use Chrome 

I suggest you try to load the same message a little later. The images come from the Daz website, so if there are any connection issues, they will show up blank in the message. When the issue is resolved, they should show up fine. (Gmail uses its own caching for in-message images, so you may have to wait a few minutes.)

Ati said:

I use Chrome 

I suggest you try to load the same message a little later. The images come from the Daz website, so if there are any connection issues, they will show up blank in the message. When the issue is resolved, they should show up fine. (Gmail uses its own caching for in-message images, so you may have to wait a few minutes.)

Unfortunately, that's not the problem. For some reason, AdGuard has started blocking the images but only in the New Promo notification wishlist, best deals  and top21 all work fine and this is really strange as it's only In Gmail run in Chrome on the Linux machine which is the only machine I trust for getting online

I did check on a Windows machine same settings for Gmail and there was no problem other than it being a Windows machine online 

Ati said:

I use Chrome 

Unfortunately, that's not the problem. For some reason, AdGuard has started blocking the images but only in the New Promo notification wishlist, best deals  and top21 all work fine and this is really strange as it's only In Gmail run in Chrome on the Linux machine which is the only machine I trust for getting online

I did check on a Windows machine same settings for Gmail and there was no problem other than it being a Windows machine online 

The new promo images are coming straight from Daz (well, as straight as they come in Gmail, as Gmail uses its own proxy to hide your ip address), the rest are coming from us. So they are not loaded from the same server.

Ati said:
    Ati said:

I use Chrome 

The new promo images are coming straight from Daz (well, as straight as they come in Gmail, as Gmail uses its own proxy to hide your ip address), the rest are coming from us. So they are not loaded from the same server.

I understand that

What I'm trying to figure out is why it's only happening only in Chrome and only on my Linux machine when it was working fine 

Ati said:
    Ati said:

I use Chrome 

I understand that

What I'm trying to figure out is why it's only happening only in Chrome and only on my Linux machine when it was working fine 

Can you try loading the same message again to see if it has the images, now that we're several hours later?

No change

It works on a Win10 machine, it works in Opera and Firefox on Linux but not in Chrome AdBlocker and Privacy Badger settings are the same and Gmail is the newest version.

It makes no sense I would expect something like this in Windows instead of Linux

• brvsnbrvsn Posts: 213
    edited July 2020

hi Ati.. I hope I'm not asking something too much difficult: when adding comments for the multiple wishlists feature it would be nice to have the default text Click to add comment to be automatically removed once we click the writing field (I think it would harder to immediately be able to write by just clicking the Add comment "button"); also it could be nice an option to make the Enter key to act as an OK button instead of Go to the next line one..

at least for me these would reduce mouse clicks needed.. but maybe it would be useful just for me.. ;)

Post edited by brvsn on
  • vagansvagans Posts: 422

For some reason, Daz Deals is hiding this from me from the new releases today.

https://www.daz3d.com/mountainscapes-backdrops-volume-4

I have Hide Items on with just Daz Studio selected but it has Compatible Software as Daz Studio. If I turn off Hide Items then it stays.

vagans said:

For some reason, Daz Deals is hiding this from me from the new releases today.

https://www.daz3d.com/mountainscapes-backdrops-volume-4

I have Hide Items on with just Daz Studio selected but it has Compatible Software as Daz Studio. If I turn off Hide Items then it stays.

Thank you. I updated the compatibility of the item. As soon as caches update, you'll see it correctly as DS compatible in the filters.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

Ok I have to ask this - when the emails for the notifications we have checked are sent out, WHERE is it drawing the images for the products from?????? Cos I just got the daily "New Fastgrab items at DAZ" email with the new additions to that, and Tristan 8 is in it - and oh boy, the image used is not only not one I've seen before, it's rather...ah.....let's just say I didn't realise Tristan 8 was so.....uh, well endowed. I am DYING!!!! laughlaugh (this forum seriously needs a better selection of emojis...that one just doesn't fully describe how hard I've been laughing for the last five minutes)

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155

How does the Addons checkbox work now? It seems to show much less than it used to. I can't figure out what criteria it is using to select items to display.

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    jakiblue said:

Ok I have to ask this - when the emails for the notifications we have checked are sent out, WHERE is it drawing the images for the products from?????? Cos I just got the daily "New Fastgrab items at DAZ" email with the new additions to that, and Tristan 8 is in it - and oh boy, the image used is not only not one I've seen before, it's rather...ah.....let's just say I didn't realise Tristan 8 was so.....uh, well endowed. I am DYING!!!! laughlaugh (this forum seriously needs a better selection of emojis...that one just doesn't fully describe how hard I've been laughing for the last five minutes)

Yeah, I did a double take at that too. So funny.

jakiblue said:

Daz has one single image for each product in its API, and sometimes (rarely) those images are not the same ones displayed in the store.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

Looks like we stumbled into Daz's secret stash.

• Ati said:
    jakiblue said:

Daz has one single image for each product in its API, and sometimes (rarely) those images are not the same ones displayed in the store.

That was my reaction too. 

Okay, the image has just been forwarded to me. (I already have Tristan, so didn't see it in the original email.) This is definitely disturbing, LOL. :D I deleted the item, and redownloaded it. The new image is a lot better. :)

LOL it made me laugh, gave me a good giggle so I didn't mind. I've noticed that sometimes the images coming through are different to the ones on the store page - like they are 'placeholders', bare bones promo images before the real ones are done. I can't recall when, but a little while back there were about 5 in one email that were grey-backed basic promos for outfits on one of my lists. Doesn't bother me, was just curious as to why.  

Ati said:

Okay, the image has just been forwarded to me. (I already have Tristan, so didn't see it in the original email.) This is definitely disturbing, LOL. :D I deleted the item, and redownloaded it. The new image is a lot better. :)

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,648
    jakiblue said:

LOL it made me laugh, gave me a good giggle so I didn't mind. I've noticed that sometimes the images coming through are different to the ones on the store page - like they are 'placeholders', bare bones promo images before the real ones are done. I can't recall when, but a little while back there were about 5 in one email that were grey-backed basic promos for outfits on one of my lists. Doesn't bother me, was just curious as to why.  

Ati said:

Ok, someone needs to PM me this image, I need to see it. For reasons. Please.

edited July 2020
    jakiblue said:

Ati said:

+1 because inquiring minds need to know

Post edited by Robert Freise on

i would, but have no idea how to attach images in the pm box.  

jakiblue said:

Ati said:

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155
    jakiblue said:

i would, but have no idea how to attach images in the pm box.  

jakiblue said:

Ati said:

You have to upload them some other place first, then you can use the picture icon to link the URL, just like in the forum.

Now there's just a boring picture when I open that email.  It's lost in time, like tears in the rain.

• ariocharioch Posts: 165

@Ati since the new product page update Daz did, the release date isn't showing up any more with the Release Date for New Items script. I have a hunch it's because they (oddly) moved the SKU to the bottom of the list when it used to be the first. The new product release date on category pages still works, though.

arioch said:

@Ati since the new product page update Daz did, the release date isn't showing up any more with the Release Date for New Items script. I have a hunch it's because they (oddly) moved the SKU to the bottom of the list when it used to be the first. The new product release date on category pages still works, though.

I saw the sku has been moved, didn't realize the release date was missing. Thanks for the heads up, I'll take a look over the weekend, and put it back in there.

arioch said:

I updated this to work with the new page design, you should see the release date appear again on product pages right above the SKU. Either wait for your browser to update to the new script, or on the TamperMonkey button, click "Check for userscript updates" to update immediately.

Ati said:
    arioch said:

I updated this to work with the new page design, you should see the release date appear again on product pages right above the SKU. Either wait for your browser to update to the new script, or on the TamperMonkey button, click "Check for userscript updates" to update immediately.

All updated and back to how it was.  Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.