Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on

Comments

• Sevrin said:

I got a bunch of price notifications just after rollover.   The emails show a 75% discount, and the store was showing 75% for a while, but now the store is showing 50%.  There wasn't a reason for the 75% discount, so I guess it was just Daz weirdness.

I hate when the store has a glitch like this...I got over 1450 notices...Now I have to go back through and reset them. Hopefully the Missed Sale link at the bottom will work. With waterfox I have to go into each notice. Hopefully with Vivaldi (A chrome based browser) they will work...

• anepheranepher Posts: 120

It is not showing the right history for a long time now. What do you think is the issue? I've never seen this product to have $5.49 price as stated into the price history.

deal.PNG
    1452 x 349 - 563K
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,198
    That price may have been an error that lasted only a few minutes. You probably weren't looking at that very moment. You can see on the graph that the price dropped down and came right back up. The graph shows the lowest price of the day, I think. It is not updated minute be minute in real time.
  • SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301
    barbult said:
    That price may have been an error that lasted only a few minutes. You probably weren't looking at that very moment. You can see on the graph that the price dropped down and came right back up. The graph shows the lowest price of the day, I think. It is not updated minute be minute in real time.

Yeah, there was a 2/14 blip that shows a 75% for a whole bunch of stuff in the history, when it wasn't intended.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,083

Indeed. As @barbult and @Sevrin are saying, the price history shows the lowest price for the day, not the current price. The current price is what Daz is showing you. Prices may change multiple times a day. If you're looking for a product, it's best to set up wishlist notification, or individual notification for that, so you see when the price goes down. Remember that depending on the type of sale, you may only have hours at that price, so hurry to pick it up when the price is right for you. (If it's an unintended sale, you may only have minutes.)

• anepheranepher Posts: 120

It is not showing the right history for a long time now. What do you think is the issue? I've never seen this product to have $5.49 price as stated into the price history.

Ati said:

Indeed. As @barbult and @Sevrin are saying, the price history shows the lowest price for the day, not the current price. The current price is what Daz is showing you. Prices may change multiple times a day. If you're looking for a product, it's best to set up wishlist notification, or individual notification for that, so you see when the price goes down. Remember that depending on the type of sale, you may only have hours at that price, so hurry to pick it up when the price is right for you. (If it's an unintended sale, you may only have minutes.)

Waw I didn't know that are sales that last hours or minutes, this is great. Is there a way to put a nottification for the interactive license?

anepher said:

Is there a way to put a nottification for the interactive license?

Interactive licenses don't go on sale on a one-on-one basis. As far as I remember it's either all on sale, or none. When they go on sale, they are either part of the daily sale, or there's a new banner for it in the shop if it's a flash sale on them. For this latter, you can sign up for new sale notifications, and keep an eye on the new banners.

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    edited May 2020

Please forgive me if this has been suggested before but how about an extra product category filter to show only items that are on sale (i.e. have a red box with a discount percentage)? For example, today there is a coupon for an *extra* 50% off almost everything in the store. I would like to dispaly items that already have a discount so that the extra discount can be stacked. Instead I have to page through thousands of products looking for red boxes.

Post edited by marble on
    marble said:

Please forgive me if this has been suggested before but how about an extra product category filter to show only items that are on sale (i.e. have a red box with a discount percentage)? For example, today there is a coupon for an *extra* 50% off almost everything in the store. I would like to dispaly items that already have a discount so that the extra discount can be stacked. Instead I have to page through thousands of products looking for red boxes.

Sort by % OFF?

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    barbult said:
    marble said:

Sort by % OFF?

Ah yes - thanks for the reminder. I had forgotten that was an option.

• bjoernb78bjoernb78 Posts: 135

Sorting by % OFF doesn't work for me anymore in Firefox since a few weeks. It still works in Chrome. Any advice?

bjoernb78 said:

Sorting by % OFF doesn't work for me anymore in Firefox since a few weeks. It still works in Chrome. Any advice?

It's a separate option that you can enable/disable. Make sure it is enabled. Disable it and enable again just to make sure, and try again in a few hours. If it still doesn't work a day later, try completely removing the addon and installing it again with the same options and same email/passcode.

For the Sugar Dreams outfit in Fastgrab, this morning's email showed the attached image.  I guess that was inspiration for the outfit, but it's not one of the promo images, obviously.  Strange, huh?

unnamed.jpg
    380 x 494 - 34K
  • owakulukemowakulukem Posts: 10

This is fantastic. I only wish I had found this earlier!!! Thank you.

• ArtsyDragonArtsyDragon Posts: 530
    edited May 2020

I'm struggling with the extension.

Starting in the store on a product page, I click the link to 'Click to set individual notification' it tells me "Enable Wishlist notifications in the Daz-Deals extension, and sign up to be able to set an individual notification for this item. Click here." So I click the link and find myself on my wishlist. I see a link that says 'Get email notifications' so I click that. I end up on the Daz-Deals settings in my browser and find the 'Wishlist and Other Notifications' checked. Under that is the 'To customize, visit wishlist' link. I click that and get taken back to my wishlist. I feel like I've gone in a circle and it still doesn't work.

What step am I missing?

Does the item have to be in my wishlist for me to get notifications? If so, I tried opening a product page for something in my wishlist and followed the above steps. Same result, it isn't working.

I'm using Chrome Version 81.0.4044.138 (Official Build) (64-bit); Daz-Deals version 2.4.6 and my OS is Windows 10 Home version 1903

Thank you!

Post edited by ArtsyDragon on
    illysArt said:

Starting in the store on a product page, I click the link to 'Click to set individual notification' it tells me "Enable Wishlist notifications in the Daz-Deals extension, and sign up to be able to set an individual notification for this item. Click here." So I click the link and find myself on my wishlist. I see a link that says 'Get email notifications' so I click that. I end up on the Daz-Deals settings in my browser and find the 'Wishlist and Other Notifications' checked. Under that is the 'To customize, visit wishlist' link. I click that and get taken back to my wishlist. I feel like I've gone in a circle and it still doesn't work.

What step am I missing?

Does the item have to be in my wishlist for me to get notifications? If so, I tried opening a product page for something in my wishlist and followed the above steps. Same result, it isn't working.

I'm using Chrome Version 81.0.4044.138 (Official Build) (64-bit); Daz-Deals version 2.4.6 and my OS is Windows 10 Home version 1903

Thank you!

Fill out these fields on the options page:

If you don't have a passcode yet, click the "Need a passcode? Signup!" link and follow the instructions.

Please note that these are NOT your Daz login details. Never give us your Daz login details. These should be the details you specifically received for the notifications.

Capture.JPG
    1192 x 462 - 42K
    edited May 2020
    Ati said:
    illysArt said:

What step am I missing?

Thank you!

If you don't have a passcode yet, click the "Need a passcode? Signup!" link and follow the instructions.

Please note that these are NOT your Daz login details. Never give us your Daz login details. These should be the details you specifically received for the notifications.

Hello, yes, I did that. I'm sorry for not mentioning it. I filled in that page before I started. I double-checked it and the Email notifications page is filled out including my email and my code.

Post edited by ArtsyDragon on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

does any part of you addon remove all wish list items? If not, would be great to have, took me a while to do.

• LoonyLoony Posts: 1,801
    nicstt said:

does any part of you addon remove all wish list items? If not, would be great to have, took me a while to do.

No thats something YOU have to do :D

illysArt said:
    Ati said:
    illysArt said:

What step am I missing?

Thank you!

Hello, yes, I did that. I'm sorry for not mentioning it. I filled in that page before I started. I double-checked it and the Email notifications page is filled out including my email and my code.

If that's filled in correctly, then clicking the "Click to set individual notifications" link should allow you to set the price. Are you using any extreme caching application? Chrome doesn't usually have problems. Firefox needs a remove/readd extension every now and then when it messes up its stored data, but Chrome should be fine. Try clearing your cache anyway just in case.

nicstt said:

No, it doesn't remove items from the wishlist. It has a restore feature that adds items back in case your wishlist gets corrupted, and you need a quicker way of getting them back than customer support, but it does not remove items.

• DMaxDMax Posts: 637
    barbult said:

The low prices were there, I would say, for at least 45-60 minutes... enough for me to go through 4 long screens (of each generation), pick out new stuff and stuff from my wishlist, compare current vs previous prices... then head out to make an egg sandwich, back to complete my cart and then just as I was going to checkout my 41 items, the prices all vanished. Was rather a disappointment, my first time affected by an error here.

• SempieSempie Posts: 651

I'm getting more and more of these....

slowdown.jpg
    1624 x 488 - 157K
    drmaximus said:
    barbult said:

The low prices were there, I would say, for at least 45-60 minutes... enough for me to go through 4 long screens (of each generation), pick out new stuff and stuff from my wishlist, compare current vs previous prices... then head out to make an egg sandwich, back to complete my cart and then just as I was going to checkout my 41 items, the prices all vanished. Was rather a disappointment, my first time affected by an error here.

Never leave to make a sandwich  during a sale glitch! laugh

• DMaxDMax Posts: 637
    barbult said:

Never leave to make a sandwich  during a sale glitch! laugh

Well... honestly I never thought that it was a glitch!... I saw the "final day" banner and thought, damn these guys really mean business today! In fact I was a bit pissed that I had made major purchases prior to these good prices.

Ati said:
    illysArt said:
    Ati said:
    illysArt said:

What step am I missing?

Thank you!

If that's filled in correctly, then clicking the "Click to set individual notifications" link should allow you to set the price. Are you using any extreme caching application? Chrome doesn't usually have problems. Firefox needs a remove/readd extension every now and then when it messes up its stored data, but Chrome should be fine. Try clearing your cache anyway just in case.

Hello,

I am getting email notifications but I cannot set a notification on an individual item for notification when that one item hits a certain price. It used to work on another computer. I'm pretty bummed. I've checked and rechecked. I cleared cache, shut down chrome, reopened it. I had to log back in but that's no biggie. Clicked the link to set my price notification and again was told I had to set up my email notifications on my wishlist.

I tried on firefox and it exhibited the same behavior.

edited May 2020
    Sempie said:

I'm getting more and more of these....

Firefox is known to be slower when it needs to run complex scripts. Either wait for it to finish, disable features that are not necessary for you, or try Chrome.

Post edited by Ati on
    illysArt said:
    Ati said:
    illysArt said:
    Ati said:
    illysArt said:

What step am I missing?

Thank you!

Hello,

I am getting email notifications but I cannot set a notification on an individual item for notification when that one item hits a certain price. It used to work on another computer. I'm pretty bummed. I've checked and rechecked. I cleared cache, shut down chrome, reopened it. I had to log back in but that's no biggie. Clicked the link to set my price notification and again was told I had to set up my email notifications on my wishlist.

I tried on firefox and it exhibited the same behavior.

I've sent you a private message here on the forums. Please check that.

Ati, you're the best!!!!

We'll call that one, user error!! :)

Would it be possible to wait an hour or so with the price notifications until Daz sorts out its many website issues?  I really like getting them ASAP, but not when they're wrong and spam my Inbox.

A related question: do they reset once they've been sent once?

This discussion has been closed.