"There's Always Another Sale™" (Report sales issue here.)

L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
edited October 2020 in The Commons

Once again, it's time for a new "sales" thread. You can find the last one here.

Post edited by L'Adair on

Comments

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,755

Buy 2 or more “Massive Holiday Weekend Sale” New Releases to get an EXTRA 20% OFF* them & the next Pro Bundle we release!

That doesn't work.

• DMaxDMax Posts: 637

Buy 2 or more “Massive Holiday Weekend Sale” New Releases to get an EXTRA 20% OFF* them & the next Pro Bundle we release!

That doesn't work.

Works for me.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

That doesn't work.

I refreshed my cart, and saw the same thing, with two releases from today and one from yesterday. Just to see if it was specific products, I put everything in the cart, (except the two I bought yesterday.) When I loaded the cart after adding those products, I found yesterday's new releases have the 20% applied, but today's new releases do not.

I refreshed the cart one more time, before hitting the Post Comment button, but the discount is still MIA.

• DMaxDMax Posts: 637
    L'Adair said:

That doesn't work.

I refreshed my cart, and saw the same thing, with two releases from today and one from yesterday. Just to see if it was specific products, I put everything in the cart, (except the two I bought yesterday.) When I loaded the cart after adding those products, I found yesterday's new releases have the 20% applied, but today's new releases do not.

I refreshed the cart one more time, before hitting the Post Comment button, but the discount is still MIA.

That's true. Mine worked coz I had two of yesterday's new releases but not today's. 

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,024
    edited July 2020
    Post edited by doubledeviant on
  • AtiAti Posts: 9,079

Is there still a reason to keep starting new threads for the same topic? The last I heard, it was just a leftover ritual from the previous forum software. Do we really need to keep practicing ancient rituals? :D

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

When the thread gets to 100 pages, I think you can’t post any more, hence l’adair having to start a new one. 

Ati said:

Is there still a reason to keep starting new threads for the same topic? The last I heard, it was just a leftover ritual from the previous forum software. Do we really need to keep practicing ancient rituals? :D

If it’s 50% store wide, this daz original is only showing at 30%, not the 50%.

https://www.daz3d.com/tribal-warrior-queen-outfit-for-genesis-8-females

jakiblue said:

When the thread gets to 100 pages, I think you can’t post any more, hence l’adair having to start a new one. 

Ati said:

That used to be the case with the old forum. As far as I know, you can with the current one.

Huh. I did not know that.  

Ati said:
    jakiblue said:

Ati said:

That used to be the case with the old forum. As far as I know, you can with the current one.

• RasberriRasberri Posts: 266
    edited July 2020

A little over a week ago (June 26) I had put Rarestone's FE Decoration Background Vol 2, FE Decoration Background Vol 1 on a cart spreadsheet to get later- and now it is nowhere to be found.  What happened? Am I having computer problems or are they MIA?  Also I was looking for Jepe's Jepe's Art Deco Statuettes III for Victoria 8, but noticed that Jepe's Art Deco Statuettes II & Art Deco Statuettes I are gone - did one and two get combined to the Statuettes 3?

Daz Cart Items.PNG
    690 x 683 - 31K
    Post edited by Rasberri on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,022

FE decoration backgrounds are indeed not available in the store anymore.

Jepe's Art Deco statuettes are still there though:

https://www.daz3d.com/jepes-art-deco-statuettes-ii-for-victoria-8

https://www.daz3d.com/jepes-art-deco-statuettes-for-victoria-8

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813
    edited July 2020

Can confirm that the extra 20% and 50% off entire store aren't working for me on the Sunday new releases, either. It's only showing the standard platinum club member discount for Daz Originals.

Cart problem

July5Cart.jpg
    1601 x 633 - 70K
    Post edited by vwrangler on
  • Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151

As Richard explained in the previous thread, while most of the store is 50% off (that is other than the exclusions listed), there are some exceptions where items are part of other ongoing sales that will keep them from being part of the 50% sale.

• jakiblue said:

Ati said:

We stilll close threads when they get over 100 pages, either splitting them at the top of page 101 or linking to a new thread started by one of the participants.

• vwrangler said:

Can confirm that the extra 20% and 50% off entire store aren't working for me on the Sunday new releases, either. It's only showing the standard platinum club member discount for Daz Originals.

Cart problem

Confirmed, reporting.

jakiblue said:

Ati said:

We stilll close threads when they get over 100 pages, either splitting them at the top of page 101 or linking to a new thread started by one of the participants.

Yes, but is there a reason for doing this? The forum search is not on top of things as it is, and having dozens of different topics about the same thing just makes finding stuff even more difficult. In fact, when people start different threads about the same topic, you merge them into one. People are not going to be searching for much in a sales error reporting thread, but other threads may benefit from being in one place, and not in multiple. Just my two cents. :)

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,312
    Ati said:
    jakiblue said:

Ati said:

Yes, but is there a reason for doing this? The forum search is not on top of things as it is, and having dozens of different topics about the same thing just makes finding stuff even more difficult. In fact, when people start different threads about the same topic, you merge them into one. People are not going to be searching for much in a sales error reporting thread, but other threads may benefit from being in one place, and not in multiple. Just my two cents. :)

Obviously something else we aren't allowed to discuss or mention.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,426

upon viewing my account/store credit

Error 503 Service Unavailable

Service Unavailable

Guru Meditation:

XID: 1798919325

Varnish cache server

Ati said:
    jakiblue said:

Ati said:

Daz started this policy of splitting threads when they reach 100 pages after a very active thread which reached thousands of pages (yes, I really mean thousands) almost broke the forums due to using way too many resources. That was years ago with the old forum software, I don't know if big threads are as much a problem on this one, but I suppose they don't want to risk it again.

daveso said:

upon viewing my account/store credit

Error 503 Service Unavailable

Service Unavailable

Guru Meditation:

XID: 1798919325

Varnish cache server

Try adding something to your cart, that usually fixes it (no idea why)

• evacynevacyn Posts: 958
    jakiblue said:

Ati said:

If that's the case, can you (an admin) make the last post indicating that? It currently just looks like other threads you've shutdown for whatever reason. 

• Leana said:
    Ati said:
    jakiblue said:

Ati said:

Daz started this policy of splitting threads when they reach 100 pages after a very active thread which reached thousands of pages (yes, I really mean thousands) almost broke the forums due to using way too many resources. That was years ago with the old forum software, I don't know if big threads are as much a problem on this one, but I suppose they don't want to risk it again.

Exactly.

We generaly merge threads started by the same person, and often lock and link or possibly merge threads when there is a relevant official thread or thread with Daz participation on the topic, it's a matter of (obviously fallible) judgement as to what is best to do.

Stilll, this is probably not the best thread for the discussion.

• vwrangler said:

Cart problem

Confirmed, reporting.

Seems fixed.

• MalandarMalandar Posts: 672

Question, since there seems to only be 3 new releases for today and the ones from yesterday are still in the new release pile, do the ones from yesterday count for the 20% discount for the two and the next bundle?

• Malandar said:

Question, since there seems to only be 3 new releases for today and the ones from yesterday are still in the new release pile, do the ones from yesterday count for the 20% discount for the two and the next bundle?

They certainly count for the 20% off the current items, and are all bundled together on today's promo page so I would expect them to count towards the Pro Bundle discount too.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    evacyn said:
    jakiblue said:

Ati said:

If that's the case, can you (an admin) make the last post indicating that? It currently just looks like other threads you've shutdown for whatever reason. 

As far as the these sales threads go, the last post of the thread includes a link to the new thread. And the first post of this thread links back to the old one. If it helps, I could add something like (FULL) to the thread title before it gets locked, but I can't modify it once it's locked.

I can see how it would be confusing for people who aren't familiar with the forums and the policy of locking threads at 100 pages, especially as most threads don't reach that point.

• MalandarMalandar Posts: 672
    Malandar said:

They certainly count for the 20% off the current items, and are all bundled together on today's promo page so I would expect them to count towards the Pro Bundle discount too.

That's all I needed to hear, thanks.

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,476

Today's sale was kind of awesome. I dropped more cash than i normally would to clean out my G1 & G2 wishlist at...ya know...75% off.

On the one hand, glad to have some of this cool legacy stuff. On the others, I'm starting to think I may have a Daz problem.

DealsBitch.png
    509 x 381 - 26K
This discussion has been closed.