"There's Always Another Sale™" (Report sales issue here.)

19495969798100»

Comments

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151
    Spit said:

None of the new stuff will go in my cart--whether from main page or sales page.

Not sure what's happening there; just tried a new cart and no problem here.

• It seems to be a different team than yesterday. Yesterday, at least the gift card discount worked from the begining. Three debute items in the cart, 28% discount. Today, not even that is working.

Same request, screenshot or names of debut items please.

Working now, please disregard.

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited October 2020
    Spit said:

Not sure what's happening there; just tried a new cart and no problem

It seems to reject my login from 'new' page and sale page even tho I put something in the cart from a store page. Working on clearing out cache etc tho it's a b*tch to find/do on the beloved Kindle.

Edit: still wonky but sometimes it's working now -- if I logout and log back in AND request to stay logged in it will bring up the cart confirm screen.

AND the Only way I can come here is to use my Kindle! b/c my PC is dead.

Post edited by Spit on
  • Yesterday, it took me about 7+ hours for the promotions to work properly, so I guess this cart will wait 7+ hours again, which makes it around 1:30 AM here....
    The expectation for offers to work right away has gone so no need to complain about it.

But now it makes me wonder if I checked out with all my past purchases before the promotions worked properly.
    Because I never checked, thinking it would work properly and didn't have the awesome Daz-deals pluginin nor did I check the forums until a few weeks ago when I had some newbie questions I wanted to ask. Thus finding this thread..Oh well.
    It's my finger that pressed the 'proceed to checkout' so no one to blame.

All in all, personally, I do appreciate Daz trying to give customers new offers every day, although it doesn't work so well at launch time.

It is not everywhere where it is a struggle. You probably had bad luck or are in a location with problems. The glitches from 2 days ago (65% off instead of 40% and no discount at all) also existed here, but it is not always a constant fight. The sales work generally as they are supposed to for me. I do live in Netherlands where the digital infrastructure is generally excellent (I have a stable fiber connection). Also I tend to have more problems when purchasing on a old low end laptop. I believe that internet providers also have a cache that can impact it. Long story short, there is more to it than the DAZ servers.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,740

Yesterday, it took me about 7+ hours for the promotions to work properly, so I guess this cart will wait 7+ hours again, which makes it around 1:30 AM here....
    The expectation for offers to work right away has gone so no need to complain about it.

But now it makes me wonder if I checked out with all my past purchases before the promotions worked properly.
    Because I never checked, thinking it would work properly and didn't have the awesome Daz-deals pluginin nor did I check the forums until a few weeks ago when I had some newbie questions I wanted to ask. Thus finding this thread..Oh well.
    It's my finger that pressed the 'proceed to checkout' so no one to blame.

All in all, personally, I do appreciate Daz trying to give customers new offers every day, although it doesn't work so well at launch time.

It is not everywhere where it is a struggle. You probably had bad luck or are in a location with problems. The glitches from 2 days ago (65% off instead of 40% and no discount at all) also existed here, but it is not always a constant fight. The sales work generally as they are supposed to for me. I do live in Netherlands where the digital infrastructure is generally excellent (I have a stable fiber connection). Also I tend to have more problems when purchasing on a old low end laptop. I believe that internet providers also have a cache that can impact it. Long story short, there is more to it than the DAZ servers.

I live in the heart of Los Angeles with high speed internet and have no problems with any other site except this one. Whether I’m on a high end computer, Mac or PC, an iPad or iPhone. And it’s obvious from this thread that it’s a Daz issue, not a customer issue...

• Well, I am happy for everyone who can make a good deal, but if todays Special Items selection is intentional I feel cheated. There are a lot of items in there which have been released during PA sale and which I purchased for higher prices. And that was only a couple of days ago.

• Spit said:
    Spit said:

Not sure what's happening there; just tried a new cart and no problem

It seems to reject my login from 'new' page and sale page even tho I put something in the cart from a store page. Working on clearing out cache etc tho it's a b*tch to find/do on the beloved Kindle.

Edit: still wonky but sometimes it's working now -- if I logout and log back in AND request to stay logged in it will bring up the cart confirm screen.

AND the Only way I can come here is to use my Kindle! b/c my PC is dead.

I am on my Kindle Fire, so tried a cart (Monster Slayer Hair and FG Medical Props) after logging in without checking "keep me logged in" and had no problems.

• mwokeemwokee Posts: 1,275

40% OFF
    Featured Artists
    50% OFF with 2+

40% OFF
    Special Items
    50% OFF with 2+

I don't get 50% off with two, the prices actually go up.

• Well, I am happy for everyone who can make a good deal, but if todays Special Items selection is intentional I feel cheated. There are a lot of items in there which have been released during PA sale and which I purchased for higher prices. And that was only a couple of days ago.

Yes, I was just laughing about that (tossed a coin - laugh or cry - laugh won). Oh well. I find I am buying less and less these days.

• LoonyLoony Posts: 1,801

Please make this Thread (and follow ups) as sticky, so People who wanna make a quick report can even find it.

Thanks.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,081
    Loony said:

Please make this Thread (and follow ups) as sticky, so People who wanna make a quick report can even find it.

Thanks.

You could bookmark it for quick access.

• Ati said:
    Loony said:

Thanks.

Or make it even a shortcut in Chrome in the center of a new tab. Even quicker than going through al the hundreths of bookmarks you made through the years LOL.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,081
    Ati said:
    Loony said:

Thanks.

Or make it even a shortcut in Chrome in the center of a new tab. Even quicker than going through al the hundreths of bookmarks you made through the years LOL.

Bookmarked threads show new posts at the top. This is a frequently used thread, so it should be near the top most of the times.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,322

Well, I am happy for everyone who can make a good deal, but if todays Special Items selection is intentional I feel cheated. There are a lot of items in there which have been released during PA sale and which I purchased for higher prices. And that was only a couple of days ago.

Yep, same here. It seems like the 30 Day price "guarentee" keeps getting more and mo re limiited by DAZ's use of  "Offer can't be used to get previously purchased items at a lower price"

Maybe someday I'll learn to wait.

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,031
    edited October 2020
    The Special Items list has been changed from the newer releases mentioned in complaints above to a series of older items. The problem is that these items are already part of the Select Bonus Items list, meaning that these two parts of the offer will be incompatible. Just like yesterday.

Not trying to be a jerk about it, but seriously - the same issue again? And the sale isn't right this far into the day? How about we figure out the way things are supposed to work and *then* change it?

Also, many of the items now included in the Special Items list lack the advertised 40/50% discount.
    Post edited by doubledeviant on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,322
    edited October 2020
    The Special Items list has been changed from the newer releases mentioned in complaints above to a series of older items. The problem is that these items are already part of the Select Bonus Items list, meaning that these two parts of the offer will be incompatible. Just like yesterday.

Not trying to be a jerk about it, but seriously - the same issue again? And the sale isn't right this far into the day? How about we figure out the way things are supposed to work and *then* change it?

Also, many of the items moved to the Special Items list lack the advertised 40/50% discount.

Yeh, and my cart prices went up a lot. no crying Guess I'll just have to dump my cart and not buy anything today !!!

I really wish I could get a refund on the gift card I bought yesterday because the way DAZ keeps changing their sales lately and ruining them, it looks like I may not need it.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • mwokeemwokee Posts: 1,275

Also, many of the items now included in the Special Items list lack the advertised 40/50% discount.

I guess that answers my question above. Any staff can comment if this will be updated? I'm on hold waiting to make a large purchase.

• OK, so apparently having all those New Releases in Special Items was a glitch. Well, then congrats to all who made good deals ;-)

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,031
    edited October 2020
    Just a heads up: I'm going to bed, so if any staff have questions about the issue that I posted above, see my posts from yesterday - it's the same problem. The Special Items should be removed from the Select Bonus Items list (and also given their advertised 40/50% discounts).
    Post edited by doubledeviant on
  • Just a heads up: I'm going to bed, so if any staff have questions about the issue that I posted above, see my posts from yesterday - it's the same problem. The Special Items should be removed from the Select Bonus Items list (and also given their advertised 40/50% discounts).

At a quick glance it looks as if most of the overlaps have been cleared already - I tried searching for some of the PAs from the special items in the bonus items and didn't see the same products even if the PA was in the list in the first place.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited October 2020

Contiuation thread  HERE

Post edited by Chohole on
This discussion has been closed.