Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 6

1444546474850»

Comments

• Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 846
    edited December 1969

I want to say thank you to Dan for his gorgeous fog material and David to make me aware of it. Referreing to a song of the talented dutch pop group "The Nits" I call my scene "In the dutch mountains"

dutchmountains.jpg
    900 x 675 - 21K
  • TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited March 2014

Beautiful render Elvis!! I feel like I am there....
    Just something strange I am playing around with called ...Escape...
    I can hardly believe it we are almost ready for a new page.....That seemed to go pretty fast....Trish

Escape1.jpg
    1350 x 875 - 446K
    Post edited by Trish on
  • SylverdaliSylverdali Posts: 198
    edited December 1969

Beautiful render Elvis!! I feel like I am there....
    Just something strange I am playing around with called ...Escape...
    I can hardly believe it we are almost ready for a new page.....That seemed to go pretty fast....Trish

Stunning render Elvis great reflects and concept

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,111
    edited December 1969

@electro-elvis - that's a nice scene and reminds me of when I last went mountain climbing in the Netherlands. :lol:

@Trish - that's a difficult place to fight with all those mirrors. Very nicely done.

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Trish great boots... But when they haven't been worn for a while, how the heck would you check them for spiders before you put your feet in them? :cheese:
    And there is a saying about people who live in glass houses not throwing stones. Not sure there is one about people who are in a hall of mirrors should not swing swords... but it looks good.

Horo: Very 'trippy' render there.

Elvis: Nice effect... What's the backdrop made from it looks slightly pixelated.

More footwear from me... Maybe this will be the last from this set of renders.
    Not practical for spider extermination... In fact not practical for much I shouldn't wonder.

LeopardShoes.jpg
    975 x 975 - 456K
  • SylverdaliSylverdali Posts: 198
    edited March 2014

Trish great boots... But when they haven't been worn for a while, how the heck would you check them for spiders before you put your feet in them? :cheese:
    And there is a saying about people who live in glass houses not throwing stones. Not sure there is one about people who are in a hall of mirrors should not swing swords... but it looks good.

Horo: Very 'trippy' render there.

Elvis: Nice effect... What's the backdrop made from it looks slightly pixelated.

More footwear from me... Maybe this will be the last from this set of renders.
    Not practical for spider extermination... In fact not practical for much I shouldn't wonder.

@TheSavage64 wonderful shoes love the mats
    Post edited by Sylverdali on
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@Dave: Your shoe/boot images are really great, though I'd prefer the work boots for spider wiping.

@Trish: Are you sure that image isn't a photo? ;-) Besides Dave's question about checking for spiders, how in the world can the knee be bent when walking? Love the color you chose.

@Electro: My first thought of your mountain image is it being a photo. It is a marvelous scene.

@silverdali: Thanks for the congrats about the video card. I've yet to wrap my head around something to create at the moment. So many possible directions to go.

• Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 846
    edited March 2014

Thanks all for the nice comments.

Dave: It is not the backdrop, but the low jpeg quality I accidentally chose. It was already a bit late in the evening. BTW Gorgeous shoes with lovely materials.

Horo I have just realized, that your lady is standing on her own shoulders. Great trick :lol:

Trish: These ARE tall boots. Lovely

Silverdali: Amazing render. I wonder how long you did take for it.

Post edited by Electro-Elvis on
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited March 2014

Guss...a new card, yeah...super stuff. I had an ancient one for years, but then updated (needed a new power unit, too), and it really is super now - especially for the latest games, which demand so much graphic's juice.

Hope you don't have XP, as I heard today that Microsoft won't be updating that OS anymore from April (that means, viruses and hackers will have there day with XP users using it to connect to the Net, and not employing some sort of protection).

Edit: I've probably scared half the Forum with that news above (but, only repeating what I heard - starts at around 1.40 here in this broadcast link)).

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on
    edited December 1969

@Jay: No, we use Win 7. And you're correct about support for XP ending in April.

I'd like some comments on my results following David's leatherette tutorial. The first three images followed closer to David's tutorial than the last two, which had the material settings tweaked a bit more.

Leatherette_5.png
    670 x 335 - 391K
    Leatherette_4.png
    670 x 335 - 472K
    Leatherette_3.png
    670 x 335 - 493K
    Leatherette_2.png
    670 x 335 - 522K
    Leatherette_1.png
    670 x 335 - 494K
    edited December 1969

@Dave - thank you. The shoes are nice - not that I would wear them ...

@electro-elvis - thank you. Yeah, she's shouldering herself.

@Jamahoney - it's also a trick to force folks to upgrade to Win 8 and have to buy a new computer to make it work. I still run a Win2000 and haven't experienced any viruses. There's a lot you can do to prevent that sort of nuisance: keep on decent websites (like this), don't open emails you don't know where they come from, set the firewall in the router including proper NAT-ing and inhibiting certain IP ranges, have an anti-virus software that updates daily and a local firewall that doesn't let programs access the Internet and such.

@GussNemo - good work on the tutorial. Your modifications look good. The size of the pattern depends on the leather used and I think yours also look very plausible.

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

Started off thinking of spring images and messing with the tree editor and it turned into a sort of shambolic city shape... so...

Used some sky and light from here http://www.daz3d.com/bryce-7-pro-deep-space-hdri-1
    A wide angle lens from here http://www.daz3d.com/bryce-7-1-pro-lenses-and-filters
    and this spaceship from here http://www.daz3d.com/dsc-001

electro-elvis, atmospheric effect works well,

Trish, nice work, looks like a shot on a film set.

Dave, great renders - as per... great composition choices.

Jamie, looks good to me!

User_tree4.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 411K
    edited March 2014

Guss: I like your tweaks, they make the leather look a bit smoother but keep the nice texture and the lighting is good for them.

David: Great... I was going to say "atmospheric" but I don't know if that planet has an atmosphere :)

Another change of direction (sort of) inasmuch as no one in this render is even wearing any shoes.
    I hope it's OK to post, I have censored it to try and comply with the 'nudity rules'

SwampyPosterAlt.jpg
    633 x 1276 - 474K
    Post edited by Dave Savage on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Guss: I like your tweaks, they make the leather look a bit smoother but keep the nice texture and the lighting is good for them.

David: Great... I was going to say "atmospheric" but I don't know if that planet has an atmosphere :)

Another change of direction (sort of) inasmuch as no one in this render is even wearing any shoes.
    I hope it's OK to post, I have censored it to try and comply with the 'nudity rules'

\\ooh whoops. rules do say

there must be opaque clothing of some kind over the area, or it must be screened by solid scenery and props in the scene: bars, emoticons, chickens and cats that are extraneous to the image aren’t enough (and frequently look silly, even where the image is otherwise serious)

edited March 2014

Ooops indeed :red: I haven't read the rules for so long, sorry.
    I've edited it slightly so the censored bit is integrated with the design.
    Hope this is OK... If not, I'm happy to remove it while I have another look at what I can do to make it acceptable. :-)

Post edited by Dave Savage on
    edited December 1969

@Horo/David/Dave: Thank you all for your comments. At first I wasn't getting the same effects as David showed in the tutorial. But later settings made it look a bit better. My tweaks for the last two only required lowering the frequency in the transformation tools. Even while watching the video I could see how this pattern could be used for several things besides a leather look.

@David: That's a stunning scene. My only foible would be the object just left of center at the top of the scene. It might just be me, but it looks like an eye, pupil and all.

@Dave: Nice marque. Only the last time I saw that one, many a years ago as a wee lad, she was clothed.

edited December 1969

@David - that's an interesting space scene. The leaves on top of the buildings/trees look like solar panels.

@Dave - great, just great.

edited March 2014

Guss: nice use of leather....I like the different experiments
    David: That is really a neat space scene....looks like something from N.A.S.A.
    Dave: really like the poster.....looks like the real thing..

Post edited by Trish on
    edited December 1969

Love the film poster Dave!

Thanks also Dave, Jamie, Horo and Trish for the kind remarks about the space scene.

Then for some unknown reason I decided to see if I could work out how to UV map in Wings3D. That hurt my brain and took hours. Hopefully will get to a proper render sometime soon. But this is more or less where I got today.

Bit_further_along1.jpg
    1024 x 512 - 152K
    edited December 1969

OMG David.....I guess you hurt you brain and probably your vision also ...that is sure detailed....it will look great rendered I am sure.....Trish

edited December 1969

@Trish: Thanks. The results really surprised me.

@David: That's a novel scene, or objects. So, to my inexperienced eyes, and blood shot after looking at that image, what do the individual letters and colors represent? I've seen all this before but never understood what it was or how it was used.

edited December 1969

@David - looking good. Is it different than described by Litonico? Remember Minitut07 from June 2005 Wings3D Mini Tutorial How to create UV Maps.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

last one

3_2114_Alien.jpg
    1434 x 695 - 648K
    edited December 1969

Horo yes, that and this tutorial as a starting point http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrV_YFnOGzU

Jamie, the letters are part of the default texture that Wings applies when you generate a map I don't know what they signify.

With UV maps, even ones without any image data, it helps Octane. Bryce, as you know, does not require UV maps to apply materials. Which is something I appreciate more now I've learned a bit about UV mapping.

Here's one from Octane.

Bit_further_along2.jpg
    1024 x 512 - 137K
  • SandySimsSandySims Posts: 52
    edited December 1969

Hello again darling folks! It's been a few years since I worked with Bryce so I need all the help I can get with starting again. This scene is for the moment called "Starting Point." I want to add some degree of realism without going all the way to photorealistic. So suggestions are gratefully accepted.

Starting_Point.jpg
    858 x 573 - 152K
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

SandySims said:
    Hello again darling folks! It's been a few years since I worked with Bryce so I need all the help I can get with starting again. This scene is for the moment called "Starting Point." I want to add some degree of realism without going all the way to photorealistic. So suggestions are gratefully accepted.

welcome back
    start by adding some grass here and there

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,988
    edited December 1969

Horo – the spooky trees with transparency came out great – 53hours wow. The Bent figure is colorful. You did a great job getting her to stand of her shoulders. At first I thought it was 2 figures then I read “ another bent Genesis”

Trish – nice foggy render. Sword fighting in a mirrored room is dangerous. Lovely render.

Silverdali - great render, very colorful.

Dave/Trish- cool shoes/boots renders

Electro-elvis -beautiful render

Guss – good results with the leather textures, the last one is very nice.

David – great space scene, awesome , The Octave render is looking nice

Bigh – the aliens render is nice

Sandy Sims – nice render.

edited March 2014

@bigh: That scene is a bit dark for my old eyes, but it does look interesting.

@David: That scene turned out real nice. And thanks for the explanation.

@Sandy: Welcome. Nice scene you've come up with. Were it me, I'd lower the haze a bit so the foreground trees had more definition. I might also push it back some so the background trees weren't encompassed or encompassed as much. Really like the water.

@mermaid: Thank you.

Post edited by GussNemo on
    edited December 1969

@bigh - fearful scene. I wouldn't fancy to meet either one, not even in daylight.

@David - outstanding Octane render.

@SandySims - hey, nice to see you back. Interesting scene. Yes, either put some grass on the lawn or add a few squashed trees as bushes, or use another material with bump. The lawn looks a bit unfinished the way it is.

@mermaid010 - thank you.

• SandySimsSandySims Posts: 52
    edited March 2014

I have a few more animals that will be going on that vast expanse of grass. I'm just trying to get the lighting fixed first. I've started watching YouTube videos on lighting to get some pointers. In the mean time, is it possible to use spikes on the mountains to make it look like they are covered with trees?

@everyone, I'm blown away by the great renders I'm seeing! ;-)

Continued here

Post edited by Chohole on
This discussion has been closed.