Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 6

Comments

• SylverdaliSylverdali Posts: 198
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Did a follow up from my last render.

Fortunately for the Saxon Settlement they were not the target of the Viking invaders, but the ring leader of the pigs who were causing mayhem got his comeuppance, as did the guard who failed to spot the viking ships while watching the pigs causing chaos. He was put on punishment duty, standing in for a slave, who could then be used elsewhere.

Hi chohole I've done it again posted an image called "collaboration" in the wrong place same as before on the the front furum page, can you fix it for me? what am I doing wrong. I am going to try and post it myself and see what happens

Rendered in Bryce and imported a background fractal from JWildfire.

I have a question in my Daz studio workspace I am unable to export to Bryce it keeps coming up with an error message ” The Bryce Bridge requires Bryce v 7.1.073 or higher” now I checked out my version of Bryce and its 7.1.0.109.

I do have Bryce 7 content also would this be causing conflict .......... my answer would be no but i thought I would ask anyway

collaboration._.jpg
    1352 x 901 - 838K
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Did a follow up from my last render.

Fortunately for the Saxon Settlement they were not the target of the Viking invaders, but the ring leader of the pigs who were causing mayhem got his comeuppance, as did the guard who failed to spot the viking ships while watching the pigs causing chaos. He was put on punishment duty, standing in for a slave, who could then be used elsewhere.

Hi chohole I've done it again posted an image called "collaboration" in the wrong place same as before on the the front furum page, can you fix it for me? what am I doing wrong. I am going to try and post it myself and see what happens

Rendered in Bryce and imported a background fractal from JWildfire.

I have a question in my Daz studio workspace I am unable to export to Bryce it keeps coming up with an error message ” The Bryce Bridge requires Bryce v 7.1.073 or higher” now I checked out my version of Bryce and its 7.1.0.109.

I do have Bryce 7 content also would this be causing conflict .......... my answer would be no but i thought I would ask anyway

I think I did it chohole its been so few and far between that I had forgotten the process

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,056
    edited December 1969

@Pam - great render. Light emanating from the fire could be a tad brighter, but this is just nitpicking.

@silverdali - great render, again! Beautiful colours. The bridge DS to Bryce has hiccups at odd moments. If it doesn't work, export as Lightwave OBJ from DS and import into Bryce. This usually works. Your Bryce version .109 is the newest one, .73 was still a beta. Perhaps you're running an old DS.

edited December 1969

Horo said:
    @Pam - great render. Light emanating from the fire could be a tad brighter, but this is just nitpicking.

@silverdali - great render, again! Beautiful colours. The bridge DS to Bryce has hiccups at odd moments. If it doesn't work, export as Lightwave OBJ from DS and import into Bryce. This usually works. Your Bryce version .109 is the newest one, .73 was still a beta. Perhaps you're running an old DS.

DAZ Studio 4.0.3.47 I am using, there is away around it when I open Bryce and nothing is selected I can open Daz and then export via the Bryce Bridge go figure, I am a little scared of updating for fear of loosing stuff From Daz or not being able to use the bridge between the 2 programs at all

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Wow... another excellent and engaging render there Silverdali... Great.

Meanwhile; Continuing the 'spooky foggy' theme:

SpiderFog2.jpg
    650 x 650 - 181K
    edited December 1969

... I am a little scared of updating for fear of loosing stuff From Daz or not being able to use the bridge between the 2 programs at all

I don't blame you. Updating Studio is always a nail-biter. I do have the 4.5 installed, but also 3 and 2.3 and Bryce lets me select between 3 and 4.5 (2.3 I use for Bryce 5.5). But then, I had made myself a folder where I install content and it can be accessed by all 3 DS versions.

@Dave - that's a bad idea! I may not find sleep tonight.

edited December 1969

Horo said:
    @Dave - that's a bad idea! I may not find sleep tonight.

Have you got a foggy bedroom? :cheese:
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Ooh. I hate spooky spiders.

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited March 2014

Beautiful image silverdali, horrifying image Dave! Such contrast.

Well I had started mucking around with trees - thinking it would be good starting point for maybe the "Spring" challenge. And ended up in an entirely different direction - if not dimension. Might of been due to watching this program http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmxJ1KDR_s0

Edit. Render consists of, for the curious - one tree with a funky metal applied, one mirrored box that does not cast shadows, and default Bryce sky/sun with haze lifted to 75 (bringing it inside the box) standard render depth - boost light (to prevent the AA sampling from removing the lights) and Premium render at 4RPP. Couple of minutes to render.

Funkymetal_and_EWL_1.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 707K
    Post edited by David Brinnen on
    edited December 1969

Wow... another excellent and engaging render there Silverdali... Great.

Meanwhile; Continuing the 'spooky foggy' theme:

love the spider and the shadows the green light really pops
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

After 4 days waiting for a new graphics card, it was delivered today, Thursday. Got it installed, worked on another unrelated problem, and now have proper graphics.

@David: Oh boy, more videos. When time permits I'll give them a go. The images you produced from those tutorials are fantastic. As is the last image you posted. Another one to give a try.

@mermaid: Thank you very much. You did a nice job with that tutorial.

@Horo: Your recent spooky trees is really great.

@Pam: Both of those village scenes are terrific. And the last scene you posted is marvelous.

@Trish: What a fantastic scene you created using the fog. I've seen days like that, so dense you could only see about 250 feet ahead.

@sliverdali: What a beautiful scene. Love the colors you used.

edited December 1969

GussNemo said:
    After 4 days waiting for a new graphics card, it was delivered today, Thursday. Got it installed, worked on another unrelated problem, and now have proper graphics.

@David: Oh boy, more videos. When time permits I'll give them a go. The images you produced from those tutorials are fantastic. As is the last image you posted. Another one to give a try.

@mermaid: Thank you very much. You did a nice job with that tutorial.

@Horo: Your recent spooky trees is really great.

@Pam: Both of those village scenes are terrific. And the last scene you posted is marvelous.

@Trish: What a fantastic scene you created using the fog. I've seen days like that, so dense you could only see about 250 feet ahead.

@sliverdali: What a beautiful scene. Love the colors you used.

@GussNemo thanks for the comment, you wont know yourself with a new card have fun can't wait see what you come up with

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited March 2014

Silverdali: really neat render....I always just use export as wavefront object instead of the bridge and I am using the newest version of Studio....
    Dave: now that is one big spider...makes me want to jump on top of a table....
    David: How do you keep coming up with all of these neat ideas??? It is just amazing to me....Trish
    Horo: your spooky Trees are wonderful
    Pam: looks like it is about time for dinner.....very nice detail in your scene

Post edited by Trish on
    edited December 1969

Silverdali: really neat render....I always just use export as wavefront object instead of the bridge and I am using the newest version of Studio....
    Dave: now that is one big spider...makes me want to jump on top of a table....
    David: How do you keep coming up with all of these neat ideas??? It is just amazing to me....Trish
    Horo: your spooky Trees are wonderful
    Pam: looks like it is about time for dinner.....very nice detail in your scene

@bullit35744 I like to use the Bridge as it send all the materials over in there correct prams, I have done the export thing and have had some horrible mismatches in mats. The Bridge only works from Bryce to Daz then in turn I can send my stuff back to Bryce via the bridge, for me but it works good I am still weary of the upgrade, I have herd good and bad. Your spooky trees has got great atmosphere and a fab render

edited December 1969

Anyone spooked by the spider... Please feel free to put on these boots and stomp on it.

KinkyBoots.jpg
    975 x 975 - 224K
    edited December 1969

Anyone spooked by the spider... Please feel free to put on these boots and stomp on it.

@TheSavage64 hell on legs brilliant love the mats, but I think I would break my neck in those boots and the spider would escape lol
    edited December 1969

@TheSavage64 hell on legs brilliant love the mats, but I think I would break my neck in those boots and the spider would escape lol

HA ha, yes I had that feeling as well. Doc Martins would be better for spider stomping. :coolsmile:

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    HA ha, yes I had that feeling as well. Doc Martins would be better for spider stomping. :coolsmile:

Or a pair of Beetle Crushers... Almost designed specifically for the job. :-)
    edited December 1969

Thanks. I made the leather material after watching one of David's tutorials.
    edited December 1969

@TheSavage64 must check it out can you me a direction to the tut

edited December 1969

Sure, here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvR42hqB0dM

edited December 1969

Sure, here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvR42hqB0dM
    @TheSavage64 thanks I shall investigate tomorrow, in the middle of a new image

edited December 1969

chohole said:

Go on then.... try these ones. :-)

WorkBoots.jpg
    975 x 975 - 428K
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

Ooh yes, they look much more effective for spider stomping. Nice boots, and a super mat on them as well.

edited December 1969

chohole said:

te he ha ha belly laugh, spectacular render and lighting go the boots

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

Dave: Thanks for the boots...but I need really tall ones for spider killing.....

boots.jpg
    1367 x 1367 - 285K
    edited March 2014

@Dave - looks like a pair of reliable boots for the purpose.

@Trish - nice boots. What if the spider crawls between the toes and the heel?

Here's another bent Genesis. She is completely black and has only hyper texture driven specularity which comes from the HDRI from inside and a bit of transparency. Backdrop is the same HDRI tone-mapped. The camera is looking through the EWL. Renders in less than 5 minutes in normal priority.

BearingResp.jpg
    550 x 800 - 68K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited December 1969

Horo said:
    @Dave - looks like a pair of reliable boots for the purpose.

@Trish - nice boots. What if the spider crawls between the toes and the heel?

Here's another bent Genesis. It is completely black and has only hyper texture driven specularity which comes from the HDRI from inside and a bit of transparency. Backdrop is the same HDRI tone-mapped. The camera is looking through the EWL. Renders in less than 5 minutes in normal priority.

I know they say Genesis is versatile, but I don't think being able to stand on it's own shoulders is part of the promo blurb. :coolsmile:

edited December 1969

Yeah, these guys have a limited imagination. :coolsmile:

edited December 1969

Dave: Thanks for the boots...but I need really tall ones for spider killing.....

wow really gorgeous love the color

This discussion has been closed.