Previous incarnation was here

chohole: you are so funny heres your piccy

The_new_portello5.jpg
1544 x 770 - 837K
Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• StuartBStuartB Posts: 596
    edited December 1969

Here's another. WIP really but every little helps.

Aston_Martin.jpg
    1024 x 475 - 387K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

How's your wife today?

• franontheedgefranontheedge Posts: 342
    edited December 1969

Darn it, I've been trying to post for the past few minutes.
    I really wish Daz would stop signing me out every so often! Grrr!
    To continue...

chohole said:
    I just won 3rd palce with this render, in the Members Only forum monthly render challenge.

Autumn Sunshine

Wow Pam! That's just beautiful, the morning light and the mist have been delicately balanced, and the deer looks suddenly alert. Great placement, good subject choice, and beautiful lighting, all resulting in a truly wonderful image.
    Very well done indeed.

A new can of worms opened ... HDRI from inside and ground plane refraction at 20. Renders in seconds but you can lose hours playing around.

Wow! What's making the reflection such a different colour? That's excellent. And I like the idea of loosing hours playing around but the render only takes seconds - that's what we need for all Bryce renders! Lol.

Okay I'll post this pic, but I'm not happy with it:

I have since modeled the glass that was giving me nice patterns in the stem, so when I render that, things may improve - except for the glass mat.
    I also don't like the neverending table cloth, so I'll change locations and try the table cloth mat on something a bit more table-clothy, and a bit less - infinite.
    I think I'll also try reducing the nice cube in size - even though it is giving me nicer distortions.
    That plus a different shape glass, and we'll see.

In the meantime here's a purple cube:

Purple1.jpg
    1120 x 865 - 620K
    TableCloth7.jpg
    1120 x 865 - 1M
    edited December 1969

@Chohole.

How’s your wife today?

Thanks for asking.
    She is a lot better than yesterday but she has been in since last wednesday.
    The antibiotics take a while to kick in but they are working well at the minute.
    The hospital told her today she caught the salmonella from eggs.
    She was in tenerife at the time last sunday when she got ill but managed to get back to UK
    on monday before it really kicked off.

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Dave: that is great about Peter will they be for sale in the states????

I won't know that for sure Trish until a deal is done and I find out what distribution areas they cover.
    But I'd like to see them all over the world. :)

I've really only just started submitting the concept to the card companies, so it's early doors yet.
    Don't worry though, you can count on me letting everyone know if and when a deal is finalised. :-)

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

He did not come with a name......so

winston2.jpg
    1014 x 726 - 576K
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,056
    edited November 2013

@StuartB4 - this is coming along nicely.

@franontheedge - the cube looks very nice, almost a bit satin-ish. The glasses and the cube also look good but the table cloth is too busy. I wouldn't want to eat on a table with such a cloth on it. The pattern is nice, but I think it hurts the eye here.

@Trish - ah, the characters get names. That is really nice.

Post edited by Horo on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,940
    edited December 1969

Horo - I can’t quote from the old thread.

Here are the settings for the pencil sketch with the Haze and clouds which I failed to achieve. If you can shed some light, it will be cool. The Atmosphere Tab, one is according to your settings and the other I adjusted but still no clouds or haze.

pencil3.jpg
    700 x 577 - 59K
    pencil2.jpg
    700 x 577 - 51K
    pencil1.jpg
    700 x 577 - 49K
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,940
    edited December 1969

Trish - mermaid: he is afraid….go to art forum and see….

Then I need to go and check it out there. I just read in another thread that the Brycers keep to themselves and I am on those who visits only the Bryce forum. I don’t use the other products so I don’t see a need to go to the other forums. ;-)

Dangerlad- the renders on page 100 (old thread) are very nicely done.

Trish – I like the render starting this thread.

StuartB4 - the car render is looking nice.

Franontheedge –the renders look nice. Did you model the glasses in Bryce or Wings 3D?

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited November 2013

Something that might be useful for your Xmas cards...

Bryce 7.1 Pro - Snow on trees effect - by David Brinnen

Snow_on_tree_3.jpg
    1000 x 500 - 416K
    Post edited by David Brinnen on
    edited December 1969

Horo said:
    @StuartB4 - this is coming along nicely.

@franontheedge - the cube looks very nice, almost a bit satin-ish. The glasses and the cube also look good but the table cloth is too busy. I wouldn't want to eat on a table with such a cloth on it. The pattern is nice, but I think it hurts the eye here.

@Trish - ah, the characters get names. That is really nice.

Well that's okay then Horo, since it's unlikely you'll be able to come round for dinner, seeing that you live so far away. We on the other hand eat off it all the time - well, we eat off plates actually but the plates are on our table cloth - pretty much exactly like this.
    However I think the pattern is too pixelated, I must need a larger sized UVMap for it.

Of course if you are talking about the infinite tablecloth - then I felt that was too much myself which is why I changed the scene so I could use the pattern on something more table-cloth sized, in a scene in a room - Ah... yes, you must be talking about the tablecloth design on the infinite plane - because although I was working on the simpler tablecloth all day yesterday - I forgot to post the result. Hangs head in shame.
    Sorry about that. So... if you are ever in the vicinity of Colchester in Essex UK, and can put up with the tablecloth, you can still come round for lunch. ROFL!
    Here's the result I've been talking about - needs larger sized UVMap, needs a different room I think, but I like the floor. Not totally happy with the green vase's colour/ glass mat and the cube looks lost here...
    Um...

BuildingInteriorTableCloth1Crop.jpg
    1198 x 799 - 165K
    edited November 2013

Trish - mermaid: he is afraid….go to art forum and see….

Then I need to go and check it out there. I just read in another thread that the Brycers keep to themselves and I am on those who visits only the Bryce forum. I don’t use the other products so I don’t see a need to go to the other forums. ;-)

Dangerlad- the renders on page 100 (old thread) are very nicely done.

Trish – I like the render starting this thread.

StuartB4 - the car render is looking nice.

Franontheedge –the renders look nice. Did you model the glasses in Bryce or Wings 3D?

LOL

Sorry was me that said that Brycers tend to not visit other forums.

I used to avoid most other forums like the plague till i got my arm twis.............Umm I mean until I volunteered to first of all become a CV and then a Mod and so on.

I still would prefer to not visit the other forums too often, BUT, and there has to be a but, The Art Studio (Where Trish has her render thread) is one of the other forums I did visit regulalrly, it is mostly nearly as friendly as the Bryce forum, because the people there are showing off their art rather thatn getting confrontational.

Hopefully that won't change now we have the Galleries back.

Nice start to the new version of the thread BTW.

I bet Rashad never realised when he started the first one that we would have more than 500 pages of images and chat in 18 months.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

@franontheedge - no offense meant. It looks much better now.

@mermaid010 - I don't know what's wrong. Perhaps the cloud colour is wrong. The first and last screenshot are indeed the same, except that that Spherical Clouds is enabled, but that doesn't make the difference of no clouds. I have added all my settings below. Hopefully, that helps.

skylab4.jpg
    700 x 560 - 81K
    skylab3.jpg
    627 x 532 - 59K
    skylab2.jpg
    627 x 532 - 68K
    skylab1.jpg
    627 x 532 - 66K
  • Fencepost52Fencepost52 Posts: 489
    edited November 2013

Good morning, all!

@Trish: Your storyline sounds like it's coming together nicely. Glad you gave Winston his name. Crabs tend to be crabby when you don't speak to them properly. Can big kids buy your children's book. :)

@Franontheedge: Ah, I see you went to the table cloth idea. Good work. I wonder why the cloth pixelated on your second version? I like how the cube reflects the green from the vase. Your purple cube is really nice. I like that texture. Oh, and speaking of textures, I downloaded some from your site. Thanks for sharing. Also, you had asked Dangerlad in another thread about a floor texture he used and he couldn't remember which one it was. I believe it's in the Treppenhalle metals. I found it the other day and have already forgotten the name, but I'll look tonight and let you know exactly.

@StuartB4: Wow! That's a snazzy render. Great work!

@David: Thanks for all the recent tutorials. The snow effect is very timely. :D

Trying out a new shape and attempting somewhat of a moonlit setting. Not sure I accomplished the effect, but the spheres look nice when rendered. :) Tutorial to follow.

ArmoredSphere.jpg
    800 x 800 - 417K
    Post edited by Fencepost52 on
    edited December 1969

I like those shapes Art - and the render is a good one too... here are some more hypermaterial tests with one of Horo's artificial HDRs.

Hyper_spec_response4.jpg
    850 x 850 - 482K
    Hyper_spec_response3.jpg
    850 x 850 - 278K
    Hyper_spec_response2.jpg
    850 x 850 - 228K
    Hyper_spec_response1.jpg
    850 x 850 - 209K
    edited December 1969

More of the same. Wonder what this error message means?

>>

Error Message: Unable to receive your submission at this time

<<</p>

Hyper_spec_response6.jpg
    850 x 850 - 500K
    Hyper_spec_response5.jpg
    850 x 850 - 504K
    edited December 1969

More of the same. Wonder what this error message means?

>>

Error Message: Unable to receive your submission at this time

<<</div>

It usually means that you have already used the same wording on a post before. The forum software doesn't like people repeating themselves.

Changing the words slightly, even adding a line break or a space or hitting enter a couple of times before the message tend to help.

edited November 2013

Something that might be useful for your Xmas cards...

Bryce 7.1 Pro - Snow on trees effect - by David Brinnen

That's a clever idea, is simple and looks great.
    Cubes look great, too.

@fencepost52 - that's an interesting shape, sort of an armoured ball.

I've been working on the hypertexture front as well and have condensed things into a Memo: on my website, go to Bryce Docs > Memos > Material > Hyper Texture or get the 1-page PDF right here http://www.horo.ch/docs/memo/pdf/HyperTexture.pdf and start with the fun.

Post edited by Horo on
  • Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Good stuff, everyone! StuartB4, I really like how that render is shaping up...

Thanks for the snowy trees tutorial, David Brinnen! That will definitely come in handy (working on something now that could maybe benefit from it).

edited December 1969

Hi everyone.
    Some excellent stuff here again as usual. Not had much time lately
    but I do pop in every now and then and see whats happening.
    Thanks for all the nice comments on my last image (Aston Martin).
    I decided to go with this one.

Aston_Martin_One_2.jpg
    1024 x 504 - 344K
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,166
    edited December 1969

Great job on the textures

• DangerladDangerlad Posts: 0
    edited November 2013

A couple of renders I've been working on the past couple of days.

The first image is of two different models of the Armored Cubic Scaffolding.
    Second Image is a low RPP (4 to be exact) of a reworking of another render I did. I will be doing a higher RPP render tonight,
    The final image is of two true spheres made into the Armored ball format.

True_Armored_Shepes.jpg
    995 x 995 - 581K
    Armored_Toruses_and_a_Dodecahedron3_4RPP.jpg
    1050 x 700 - 1M
    Armored_Cubic_Scaffolding.jpg
    1050 x 700 - 506K
    Post edited by Dangerlad on
    edited December 1969

@Horo,
    It's okay I took no offence, I was more amused than anything, (tablecloth is my mother's choice in any case, not mine! Snigger.) – anyway, the reason behind this silly tablecloth theme I seem to be stuck in now, is that I mentioned something about the stem of a wine glass distorting the pattern of dots on our tablecloth and fencepost egged me on to try it in Bryce – so it's all his fault! Lol!
    So, I think I might transfer the tablecloth and glass to our old flat – not in life as it was rented but I passed some time in modeling the flat, two rooms of it anyway.
    It's also the scene where I was trying to do sunlight falling through the glass of the door onto the laminate floor – that's the nice floor, which I keep re-using – re David's minitut14, and I'm still interested in that but can only do one render at a time... sigh – Oh for a render farm!

@ Mermaid:
    I pretty much always model in Wings3d, because I can really only model very basic things in Bryce – mostly I'll knock a room together – out of cubes – in Bryce and the occasional simple bowl, but that's about it – it's just so hard to get what I want out of Bryce as to me its modelling is almost counter intuitive, and very time consuming. That'll be because I found Wings3d fairly early on, and just found that so easy to use and as it's been kept up to date by the developers, new devs coming along all the time luckily, so I just natuarally fall back on Wings3d.

I have done a little modelling in Cinema4d and a tiny bit of UVMapping, or at least painting textures in C4D's BodyPaint, which can let you do some difficult seems more easily than Wings3d can.

Modeling a glass in Wings3d is one of the simplest things. And you don't need to UV map glass! WayHay!

What do you model in?

@fencepost
    Yes I did, and it's all your fault! Lol! I think the pixelation is simply because at the level we're viewing the tablecloth, (nearness) the shapes are very low res, so I've increased the size of the Tablecloth's UV map, from 1024x1024 to 2048x2048, the only other thing I can think of to try is simply popping the original (larger dots, less of them) design onto the UV mapped object and tiling them in Bryce, but I can't see how that could make much difference.

Phew! All this trouble just to look at dots distorted in the stem of a wine glass! ggg

I LOVE your latest render - moonlight? And is the tut on the moonlight or on the texture or on the shape of those spheroids? All of which are intriguing...
    Glad you got some textures from my site... there are also a fair number of mine on ShareCG.

Don't worry about which texture it is in the treppenhalle metals, I don't have that I'm afraid.
    I had been working really hard on a set of lanterns that I wanted to sell – I hoped that way to have a little moola to get nice things with, but unfortunately I can't get a beta tester and without that I can't submit the pack to the marketplace.
    So I'm stuck.
    After all that waffling here's a render, it's an older work. This is the entrance to:
    The Kingdom Of Undershore:
    The tiny key opens the drain, which turns out to be the lid of a shaft going down, and down...

The 2nd one is fairly obvious, Billy the Bot in a steamy corridor...

BlueOctoNBillyBigSteam12Plus.jpg
    1060 x 756 - 630K
    DrainShaftWorkingMudSand.jpg
    1100 x 770 - 250K
    edited November 2013

There's also a short video of the entrance to the Kingdom of Undershore:
    Kingdom of Undershore

I've also been rendering this:

Super Bryce
    Wouldn't it be great if???
    There was a brand spanking new Bryce out and it was 'real' 3D, with a lush new colour scheme, and new features (instead of bugs that get called 'features') like:-

3D buttons you could feel with your hands, and the render button creates the model in the real world.

A button for the Model Lab (here represented by the red post box).

A 3D button to get into the City Greeble Lab.
    (where you can choose the type of greeble, the number of streets, the density, the heights, randomness etc etc.)

A Space Lab button for spaceships, nebulae, spacestations, phasers, etc etc.

And last but absolutely not least – a direct to Wings3D button... ahhhh bliss!

Thanks to Darren Davey for the Bryce4 interface model (which I've adapted somewhat), the Real World Bryce 7 book model is mine – done using photos of Susan Kitchen's and Victor Gavenda's book "Real World Bryce4" with again some alterations by me, sorry about that, lol!
    Thanks to Frogdot for the chain.

The post box, spaceships, and greeble city are mine, as is the Flintstones space-station, and the Wings3D symbol is also my model.

The wood texture is from duskbitz.
    The material on the flyaround's terrain is a seriously real texture, aka from Jonathan Allen.

I think all the other mats are mine, but if you spot anything of yours that I haven’t mentioned, I'm sorry, but if you let me know, I can add your credit to the list.

SuperBryceIBL21.jpg
    1120 x 560 - 745K
    Post edited by franontheedge on
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Render thread part 6 is off to a great start... Wonderful work everyone.

... My first render in it is going to have to be yet another Peter the Polar Bear picture as I've been working on nothing but this recently.
    I've now also put together a branding logo for the submission document that is being sent out so I've added it to this pic.

PeterPanorama.jpg
    1111 x 450 - 446K
    edited November 2013

Fran: wow that is really cool...there is so much to see...just like the real program...LOL Trish

Dave: the lettering is very good I think it represents Peter really well.. and the snow theme....I just laugh ever time I see him soooo cute

Post edited by Trish on
  • Fencepost52Fencepost52 Posts: 489
    edited December 1969

@David: Nice renders there. I think the 2nd of both groups are my favorite. You mentioned Horo's artificial HDRI's. What are those? Thanks for the snow tutorial. Got a chance to view it tonight and will be experimenting with it soon.

@StuartB4: another nice and realistic render.

@Dangerlad: I like your modeling experimentations, including the one on the right of the scaffolding. The spheres are cool.

@Dave: Methinks that logo is a great selling point and I agree with Trish about the font. Looks good.

@Fran: Love the 3D Bryce scene, especially your own additions. You've done an admirable job. I think you did fabulous in your pixelated dots! LOL The tutorial will be on the armored sphere. I'm not good at lighting and my efforts are trial and error....in fact, I should be on trial for the number of errors I make! :D I actually used a nighttime default Bryce sky (Bryce Shortcut #3-Midnight O'Clock) and in the IBL I set the sky as an HDRI. The sphere texture is from the Trepenhalle collection.

edited November 2013

Stuart: every time I look at that car I wait for 007 to jump out

Well ...Bacon is not really happy about having to share his yard with this ...."this crab thing"....mutters..."Winston what kind of name is that anyway"....(maybe I could smoke him)....

bacon_not_happy3.jpg
    1193 x 595 - 524K
    Post edited by Trish on
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@Dave: Your last, and latest, Peter images are great. Personally, I can't see how card companies can't keep from jumping on those images. And I do hope they make it to the States when they come out.

@Trish: Love all you're doing with Albert, the crab--very cute guy--and the dog. Nice image of Albert heading for the village. Those three characters would make a great book if/when you come up with a story. That latest hacienda image is nice. Thanks about my gallery.

@fencepost: I really like the last two sphere images you did. The latest one looks like three pill bugs hiding from danger.

@Pam: Congrats on the 3rd place finish, that is a very pretty image.

@David: The snow video is really useful, and easy to use. I didn't catch where you got your trees, though. The two Gallery videos are simply great, a great aid for something new.

@mermaid: Nice work on the canyons. Pencil sketches are good also. The pencil sketch object is really good, almost looks fuzzy.

@Horo: Your latest images are great. Gallery is really good. And the over-driven material PDF is so very helpful as I often forget how to set it up. Thanks for that document.

@Dangerlad: Great looking new images.

@Sean: Gandered your gallery, looking good.

@Stuart: Awesome car image.

@franontheedge: glass objects are great, so is the colored cube. I have to wonder who scrubbed that deck to get it so clean before your picnic.

I've looked at a few galleries and find them very nice. The link to mine is in my signature, thanks to David's video. I almost feel tired after this post. I go away to visit family over the weekend and find myself several pages/threads behind.

edited November 2013

@StuartB4 - came out very nice.

@Dangerlad - looking good, the one with more scaffolding. The green-orangy one looks great, too.

@franontheedge - nice renders, i think I've seen the second one before or one that looked similar. But it must be quite a while ago. The movie reminded me of the Riven game. The 3D Bryce interface is a neat idea. Well done.

@Dave - I like the branding: cold but friendly.

@Trish - oh they'll get along quite nicely soon enough. Once Winston gets hold of Bacon's tail with one of its pincers, Winston will have a nice ride.

Post edited by Horo on
This discussion has been closed.