Sakura 8

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

We we was kids frozen potatoes or ice cubes were used to numb the ear lobes before piercing and it was done at home with a very large sewing needle sterilized with a lighter's/match's flames and then dipped in rubbing alcohol. Usually only teenage girls underwent that ritual but sometimes a teenage boy would get one of his ears pierced "pirate/sailor style" or Glarus/Appenzel/and some other places in Switzerland.

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470

OK, yea, I know...but I wanted to try this bathing suit, and this seemed to be a pretty typical cheeky anime pin-up type of pose for the beach.  cheeky  Also trying a potrait tip from a youtube video I watched that said to set the camera far away and zoom in to reduce distortion.  Seemed to work!

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

Nice! So Z-translate the camera back, then right-mouse and drag the focal zoom? Or left mouse to dolly zoom?

The focal zoom in...it was this video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZLHilZtTO0

Thanks!

• benniewoodellbenniewoodell Posts: 1,886

Nice! I love the Sakura character, she always gives good renders. 

dawnblade said:

Thanks!

No problem!  There are a lot of good videos by him.  I also like the one on how to create a HDRI from a DAZ render (called speeding up renders or something) and the "make your own ghost lights" video.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,746
    3dOutlaw said:

OK, yea, I know...but I wanted to try this bathing suit, and this seemed to be a pretty typical cheeky anime pin-up type of pose for the beach.  cheeky  Also trying a potrait tip from a youtube video I watched that said to set the camera far away and zoom in to reduce distortion.  Seemed to work!

Very cute! yes

Thanks!

3dOutlaw said:
    dawnblade said:

Thanks!

No problem!  There are a lot of good videos by him.  I also like the one on how to create a HDRI from a DAZ render (called speeding up renders or something) and the "make your own ghost lights" video.

He is good. I'm watching how to make characters look more realistic. yes

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,532

Sakura in the back and the male morph off Sakura in red.

4 Anime Characters by tkdrobert

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,276
    tkdrobert said:

Adorable crew!! Is that Hitomi in blue? I've been wanting her for AGES. I keep missing it when she's been on sale. 

I'm loving the Sakura renders! I hope people post more! :D

tkdrobert said:

Adorable crew!! Is that Hitomi in blue? I've been wanting her for AGES. I keep missing it when she's been on sale. 

I'm loving the Sakura renders! I hope people post more! :D

Indeed that is Hitomi in blue.

This is a remake of an oder render.  The orginal image was done with Hitomi in 3Delight.  This one is IRAY with Sakura 8.  Post-work was done on both.

The Major 2 by tkdrobert

Was having a heck of a time finding the "right" SciFi uniform for my Sakura renders, now I got it, time to start playing!  (Don't even think it was marketed as a sci fi outfit, but it looks that way to me!)

• 3dOutlaw said:

Was having a heck of a time finding the "right" SciFi uniform for my Sakura renders, now I got it, time to start playing!  (Don't even think it was marketed as a sci fi outfit, but it looks that way to me!)

I think it's a great base mesh for a sci-fi uniform. Maybe customize the textures to match something specific to your "crew" and it you're off to the races.

I just got Sakura 8 myself and think I am going to need a lot of help. Right now the eyes are the big problem. I want to have Sakura's body at 100%, but dial her face/head down about 50% to emulate something closer to Aiko 3. However the eyes look terrible and go a little crossed when trying this. Scaling the head down does not work, nor scaling the eyes and the lenses. Nor does removing them and scaling up Gen8's default eyes.

I've read the first 14 or so pages of the thread, so forgive me if this has already been answered.

I appreciate the help.

Cheers -

I don't use Sakura's default eyes, I didn't like them at all, so i made the Sakura Eyes product here, which is what I always use.  maybe a shameless plug, but it's also the best way I know to have options for the eyes  ;-)

OK, so Sakura definitely has some competition.  This is G8F with: Petunia, Rarestone's toon brows and Animeyes for Aiko4heartblush

3dOutlaw said:

OK, so Sakura definitely has some competition.  This is G8F with: Petunia, Rarestone's toon brows and Animeyes for Aiko4heartblush

Nice work! Those eyes look great on her. Were they difficult to change from G8F to these, due to the wide gap in character generations?

edited June 2020

Yes, I could not have done it without using:  https://www.daz3d.com/legacy-uvs-for-genesis-8-victoria-4

Clarification, but with that, it was pretty easy!  (load v4, load texture, save as DUF material preset...load G8F, load saved texture, apply tool above)

Post edited by 3dOutlaw on

Very cool, thanks! yes

• You should try using Petunia with Sakura 8's textures. You'll have to apply the lash textures manually, but it still works.

This isn't Petunia, but this is Girl 8 with Rarestone's face morphs using Sakura 8's textures.

OK, I think I have my concept for my crew of the Amber!  cheeky  Quickly done, but a good start!  ( ...and yes there are 5 "Sakura" in that image wink )

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,276
    3dOutlaw said:

OK, I think I have my concept for my crew of the Amber!  cheeky  Quickly done, but a good start!  ( ...and yes there are 5 "Sakura" in that image wink )

Cool! I'm looking forward to their adventures. Though, I'd love to see a bit more equality between the sexes, any reason why the males and females can't be wearing the same uniform? :) Or is he not part of the same group/crew as the others? Or is meant to be kind of "retro sci-fi" kind of a nod to shows like the original Star Trek series?

• KA1KA1 Posts: 1,012
    3dOutlaw said:

I don't use Sakura's default eyes, I didn't like them at all, so i made the Sakura Eyes product here, which is what I always use.  maybe a shameless plug, but it's also the best way I know to have options for the eyes  ;-)

Thank you for the (not really) shameless plug, I missed theses and they're perfect!!
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

I don't like anime eyes on 3D models, they just look wrong; works fine in 2D imo. The eyes need to be more realistic, although equally large doesn't bother me.

For me, it's a different medium and should be treated as such.

Cool! I'm looking forward to their adventures. Though, I'd love to see a bit more equality between the sexes, any reason why the males and females can't be wearing the same uniform? :) Or is he not part of the same group/crew as the others? Or is meant to be kind of "retro sci-fi" kind of a nod to shows like the original Star Trek series?

A little of everything, I guess; I think the girl's outfit is cute, most of them will not wear it, I did put the guy in a tank top for some skin (legs vs arms), and I dont think he would look good in a skirt, and the alternate title is called "Cheerleaders in Space"  cheeky  (just kidding about the last one)  I guess I can make a pants option for them, let me see about it.

...and yes, I was a huge Star Trek fan!

Not sure about adventures, for now I would be happy with a few renders, LOL!

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,033
    edited June 2020

I haven't done anything with her yet, but a couple weeks ago I rendered out Baby Sakura.

Baby Sakura.png
    750 x 1000 - 770K
    Post edited by Gordig on
  • Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,142

Awwww so cute and original @ gordig

Just an FYI...j.cade let me post his SakuraUseDefaultEyes morphs on my Freebie page, so you don't have to dig through this big forum post to find it.  Here are some links:

Posted here:  http://3doutlaw.com/home/?sdm_downloads=sakura-use-default-eyes-by-j-cade

...or in the freebie listing here:  http://3doutlaw.com/home/?page_id=631

Thanks @j.cade

Been a while since I rendered Sakura cheeky  Just sort of lost the mojo a while back.