Sakura 8

Comments

• Gordig said:

I don’t have Sakura, but I can imagine it working the same as Star, who has an eye add-on categorized as “anatomy”. Is this not the case? Do you really only get the eyes if you load the entire character?

Yes  long part of this thread was about the eye issue.  If I could remember the blasted page in her that eye morph was in  it would be problem solved

• Thanks. That should help them a great deal .

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384

Thanks again for all the direction, guys. Garnering the information from a forty page thread is difficult. (Documentation, the new lost art?).

• I could have sworn that I posted this months ago, but apparently not. A while back, I made a "male" counterpart (actually built on G8F) that I like, using only Sakura's own morphs, Daz's Head and Body morphs, and a few from the Cartoonized set.

*20 attempts later, gives up on forum attachments and uploads elsewhere*

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,532

• Nicely done 

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,532

Nicely done 

Thanks

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

I could have sworn that I posted this months ago, but apparently not. A while back, I made a "male" counterpart (actually built on G8F) that I like, using only Sakura's own morphs, Daz's Head and Body morphs, and a few from the Cartoonized set.

*20 attempts later, gives up on forum attachments and uploads elsewhere*

super

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470

I've been doing a lot of Lara Croft renders lately, so why not?  cheeky

• GordigGordig Posts: 8,980
    3dOutlaw said:

I've been doing a lot of Lara Croft renders lately, so why not?  cheeky

I just tried to pronounce "explura" so that it rhymes with the way Sakura is actually supposed to be pronounced, and my tongue had a dForce explosion.

Yea, I guess my pronounciation of Sakura (Sah-Koora) is terribly wrong, lol!  That made me laugh!

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052

The correct Tokyo pronunciation (as close as English allows) is "Sukoo-rah", but it can vary depending on the town/prefecture where the speaker comes from.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

As 6th Graders we had to learn the song Sakura in Japanese so they taught us the words phonetically:

Sah-Kuh-Rah Sah-Kuh-Rah

Yah-Yo Ee-No So-Rah-Kah

...now me memory gets foggy as it's been 43 years...

Ee-No Ve-No So-Min-Nih-Kah (probably wrong but that's what my memory is saying or maybe Ee-No Ve-No So-Rah-Kah)

...and now my memory's completely shot as to what follows maybe this...

Sah-Kuh-Rah Sah-Kuh-Rah

...I don't think we were taught the whole song...

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

So many great renders of Sakura 8 in this thread, I just had to get her! Just to comment on the renders on this page alone:

@Murgatroyd that is a cool male counterpart to her! I got Sasuke but I haven't used him yet, and a nice freebie from Quixotry listed below.

@tkdrobert Wonderful colors and cartoon effect of Avatar Kora. I haven't seen "The Legend of Korra." Just started watching Anime on Netflix ("Your Lie in April") so I can start learning Anime-style for Daz Studio.

@3dOutlaw Sakura as Lara Croft is a cool render and a fun idea! Never would have thought to use her as Lara.

This is my first render with Sakura 8. The female character is Nara, from GHD StoryBook - Faces and Morphs for Sakura 8. The male is from LadyofTales (@Quixotry) "Sakuro Freebie Preset for Sakura 8" on DeviantArt. Thank you Quixotry!

Cute, I like the arm decoration  :)

Commitment to start using content I have, after all of the Plat Club sale guilt, lol!  Sakura reading a good book, in a comfy window seat smiley

• That's a great render 3dOutlaw! 

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    3dOutlaw said:

Commitment to start using content I have, after all of the Plat Club sale guilt, lol!  Sakura reading a good book, in a comfy window seat smiley

Great render!

Please explain this, "start using content I have"? It seems a very strange thing to do. :D

Exactly!  cheeky  I almost exclusively buy things once a year during this sale.  Load up, file and forget...ugh.  I got a lot of fav's I want to emulate in 3d on DA, and I got a lot of content I want to use.  I blame @Predatron this year.  Too much cool stuff on sale!

Thanks @nicstt and @benniewoodell for the nice comments!

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

Echo the same: Great render, @3dOutlaw!

edited November 2019

Thanks!  Another Steins Gate fanart.  Thought of this when I saw the Rebel Yell outfit jacket by @JoeQuick.  

Post edited by 3dOutlaw on
  • donskookdonskook Posts: 3
    edited November 2019

Did someone manage to use the eyelashes with another figure? Aiko 8, for example? How did you do it? Materials and styles don't load when it's parented to another figure that isn't Sakura 8

Please disregard the above comment. You can use Sakura's 8 eyelashes textures with Genesis 8's eyelashes. They're cutouts. so go into Surfaces, select the appropriate layer, go to Cutout Opacity, click the square, browse, then go into Rarestone's Sakura 8's texture folder and select any Eyelash texture.

It works.

Post edited by donskook on
  • TryhardTryhard Posts: 166
    edited January 2020

https://imgur.com/nL61c92

After messing around with MMDImporter, OBJ Export/Importing, Geometry editor and some basic blender operations I managed to somewhat seemlessly fit Sakura 8 with proper anime eyes from a MMD model.

I'd say the result is decent for a prototype

1.png
    1000 x 1000 - 590K
    Post edited by Tryhard on

Sounds cool, another option is to grab the Sakura/Simple Eyes product I made (which replaces the Sakura eyes with basic big spheres) and then apply any MMD eye texture to those in a image program?  Thats where I get the Eye mats I use for anime figures.  (sure it s a product plug, but it is an easy way to open up a ton of MMD/anime eye mat options from deviantart)

• TryhardTryhard Posts: 166

I dont think so.

One problem being Genesis 8 flat textures for eyelashes that simply dont make the cut.

Anime eyelashes are best realized in 3d when done as blocks of morphing geometry.

The "eye cave" and flat piece of geometry suspended in air did solved the eye issue but the eyelashes are a still a problem.

Trying to since their morphs with Genesis 8 eye closing morph would take more effort than its worth it so from here on in I might as well rip MMD eyes out... god that sounds so wrong xD

I finally got Sakura in last week’s pro bundle sale, and here is my first Sakurender: 

Senpai!

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,670

Owww

That is so great, but Owww, I hurt for him.

Owww

That is so great, but Owww, I hurt for him.

Thanks, but why?

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,670

Piercings. I love your picture though. It tells a story very well. Just, 'Ouch!'

I may be a Boomer, and from a family who thought ear piercing was 'extreme' and not to be thought of for ladies, but lips, nose, cartiladge, eyes, ... just make me cringe. (My attempt at ear piercing found I am allergice to posts of all types, and it was a totally failure. So a jewerly box of pretty pearl, gold, silver, crystal earrings that I can't wear, along with rings, necklaces, and stuff.)