Daz Studio 4.9.4 Pro, General Release!

1234568»

Comments

• GaryHGaryH Posts: 66
    edited October 2017

Need an advise, please. the content library tab drives me crazy, recently. the content just dissapears out of the range of the horizonzal slider. the displayed content seems to be far offset. clicking little arrows don't help. as soon as clicking a content item, the library is offsett again. In order to avoid DS is storing these anwanted setting, I have to shoot it down with the task manager. Is this a bug? Is there anything else I can do?

Please post screenshots to show the issue.

thank you, Richard. here are some screenshots. Please take a look at the horizonatal slider in the content library tab. 1) It is far on the right and there for cannot display the rest of the folder hirachy anymore. 2) Moving that slider left displays only empty space. 3) Tis is the correct way, the content Library should be. The slider is on the left and the Tab shows the root of the content hirachy.

I have not been able to reproduce, how this occasionaly happens. The only way out seems to shut down DS in the Task manager to avoid this setting is saved, when closing Studio the regular way.

Try right clicking on the top level folder then selecting "Refresh".

Post edited by GaryH on
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,039
    kyoto kid said:

...the odd thing is my internal firewall never blocked it before in 4.8 so why would it do so now?  I have not changed any firewall settings since ver. 4.7

Did you check to see if the port number is the same in 4.9 as they were in 4.7 and 4,8.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,515

...can't do that now as 4.9.4 automatically uninstalled 4.8  All I can see in Edit/Preferences/CMS is the Port number (1020) and nothing else to work with.

• jag11jag11 Posts: 885

Reading the Change Log, some entries state:

• Updated scripting API documentation; DzProjectionMapper, DzProjectionMapperOptions

• Updated public API documentation; DzApp, DzGeometry, DzVertexMesh, DzFacetMesh

Where do I find such documentation?

Can't find DzProjectionMapper on http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/object_index/start

• Ok, downloaded and installed the new DIM.  Went looking for DAZ Studio 4.5,  Nothing.  Not a listing.  Went to my account and more of the same.  Tried to download it through the DAZ website, no joy.  Where the heck is this thing hiding?  Oh, would it be better to do this as a separate installation on another drive to prevent corruption of the version I already have?

• AndySAndyS Posts: 1,434

As we know afterwards:
    It is ever better to first copy the installation package to a save place before installing the corresponding version.

The download of the updated DAZ version ever overwrites the older download file !

• jag11 said:

Reading the Change Log, some entries state:

• Updated scripting API documentation; DzProjectionMapper, DzProjectionMapperOptions

• Updated public API documentation; DzApp, DzGeometry, DzVertexMesh, DzFacetMesh

Where do I find such documentation?

Can't find DzProjectionMapper on http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/object_index/start

Hmm... One change shows up, the others don't, or so it seems.

• Need an advise, please. the content library tab drives me crazy, recently. the content just dissapears out of the range of the horizonzal slider. the displayed content seems to be far offset. clicking little arrows don't help. as soon as clicking a content item, the library is offsett again. In order to avoid DS is storing these anwanted setting, I have to shoot it down with the task manager. Is this a bug? Is there anything else I can do?

Please post screenshots to show the issue.

thank you, Richard. here are some screenshots. Please take a look at the horizonatal slider in the content library tab. 1) It is far on the right and there for cannot display the rest of the folder hirachy anymore. 2) Moving that slider left displays only empty space. 3) Tis is the correct way, the content Library should be. The slider is on the left and the Tab shows the root of the content hirachy.

I have not been able to reproduce, how this occasionaly happens. The only way out seems to shut down DS in the Task manager to avoid this setting is saved, when closing Studio the regular way.

Have the same problem from time to time in version 4.9.3.166. My workaround: Open the active pane options, elect "stop cms" an in the dropdown "smart". The content reorganizes. After you can activate CMS again. Maybee it works for you too. 

• BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652

Hang hang this program quite oftens "hangs" with the screen distorting very annoying..

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,515
    edited October 2017

..even on your monster rig?  Seems to work OK on my old system (so far). 

Though still can't seem to get the CMS to work. According to Windows Task Manager it is running but no highlighting in the Content tab.

..and yes, it is the Postgre version.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652

Yes on the monster rig too

• marcelloXmarcelloX Posts: 10

Install manager just lists dazstudio 4.19, nothing else. when i try to login from the app with my account data (the same with which i login here), i get a "login failed". So, I'm still with 4.19 and cannot login from that.

• 4.19? When connected DIM will list 4.12, offline it will show whichever version is in your Downloads folder. Log in issue you probably need to open a suppot ticket for.