[Released] Content Wizard [Commercial]

Comments

• robertswwwrobertswww Posts: 762
    SimonJM said:

If it's a 3ed party (i.e., non-=DAZ) what is teh correct 'thing' to use for Product ID. especially if, as it seems, it is a pretty much required field.

As the intro Youtube video shows a sample 3rd party product at around 9:42, just copy the product number out of the web browser's URL field (ex. 139048), and paste it into Content Wizard.
    Content Wizard for Daz Studio:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmb8H9Cr2gw&feature=emb_logo

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    SimonJM said:

If it's a 3ed party (i.e., non-=DAZ) what is teh correct 'thing' to use for Product ID. especially if, as it seems, it is a pretty much required field.

As the intro Youtube video shows a sample 3rd party product at around 9:42, just copy the product number out of the web browser's URL field (ex. 139048), and paste it into Content Wizard.
    Content Wizard for Daz Studio:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmb8H9Cr2gw&feature=emb_logo

Thanks for the info.  That's a fair bit of work to get all the product ids, but a backlog is only a backlog until it is cleared ... this should keep me busy for the next decade or so ..! :)

• surrealsurreal Posts: 152
    edited March 2020

Slight hiccup,

Used Wizard to load about 30 Rendo products. Able to Install Smart Content for about 20 of them successfully. Wizard's Analyzer found Smart Content for another 4 but failed when Installing Smart Content. (Public Build 4.12.1.76)

Closed Wizard and opened test file containing a Genesis8 figure. Mystified to find that Smart Content only showed a very small number of Files (FilterByContext on), mostly Genesis2 items ???? even when selected figure was Genesis8.

Closed Daz3d to do restart, Daz3d crashed on close. Log contained no record of the crash, the last entry in log was LOADING IMAGE...

Re opened Daz3d and opened test file. Smart Content still only showed a very small number of Files (FilterByContext on). Content was visible when FilterByContext turned off.

Closed Daz3d and uninstalled all Genesis Essentials products (Genesis8 Female & Male, Genesis3 Female & Male, Genesis2 Female & Male).

Then reinstalled all Genesis Essentials products.

On re opening Daz3d and test file, the missing Smart Content reappeared. Including smart content loaded by wizard just before the crash..

Post edited by surreal on
  • RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,344

I was having problems as well installing the smart content. Seems like if I put something in product ID it will work. If it is empty it dosen't.

Doh, well that is a silly mistake on my part.  I got so used to testing a certain way I must have missed this one.  I need to confirm and fix this.

I was having problems as well installing the smart content. Seems like if I put something in product ID it will work. If it is empty it dosen't.

If I'm not mistaken, it needs a product ID.

SimonJM said:

I would just pick a large number, say 999000, and then increment by 1 for each new product.  I will fix this.

Galamesh said:

Amzing Product! I was looking for something like this from a long time ago. Really easy to use and very poweful. Thanks River.

You're very welcome!

Some good news!! I was able to successfully install Berry for G8 Female from renderosity by unzipping the rar and redoing it as a zip. Then I saw "uncheck 'Filter by Content' to find it" and I was able to see Berry in Smart content. However, the rezipping did not work for the other Renderosity models. I still got the install error. But some progress is happening.

Great!  I am glad you got something to work.

There is definitely an issue I need to resolve but I don't have anything yet.

@stacywallace, it looks like your error is slightly earlier though.  Have you set the artist/vendor?  Could you save your configuration for this product and post it here?

@riversoftart it was attached to my original post : https://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/ce/f81fd6bbf219ee272461219cee2d80.txt

And yes to setting both the artist and vendor.

Sorry about that!  There were so many posts I missed it.  Nothing jumps out at me from your configuration.  It looks like it is crashing before it writes out the runtime support file.

Other users have reported a product, Barn One from Dreamlands, that I have and can confirm there are issues.  I am going to see if I can fix that.  Perhaps it will help you too.

Daventaki said:

So can you select the product from within smart content? I am not having any luck getting Renderosity product Berry, or MDD Monet rar file to install into smart content. Everything works well up to the point when I hit "install smart content" and I get "there were errors during installation".

Ive tried installing Peppery Sweater and Angelically Naughty by nirvy and a pose from Most Digital Creations, the installs do fine and they show in Content Library but I get an error every time I try to install the Smart Content. 

What is the exact error you see?  I am wondering why the product id (140976) is different than the id embedded in the runtime support file (Runtime/Support/Renderosity_258445_dforce_Peppery_Sweater.dsx).  Does the Runtime/Support/Renderosity_258445_dforce_Peppery_Sweater.dsx exist?  Can I see it?

• I'm having the exact problem as Daventaki. I can install no problem but issues occur trying to install smart content it says there were errors.

txt
    txt
    fk Lumino Wings- G3 F G8 F.txt
    SimonJM said:

Two steps forward, one back for me ... What I am doing is just 'Install Smart Data' for existing installed products. So, witht aht in mind:

If I forget to fill in Vendor name and Store name (any chance of more store names?) the install of Smart Data wil fail saying that Daz Studio returned 'product X' when 'product trying to install smart data for' product was requested to be created, and that 'Product X' seems to always be the same one (from 'another store'  Remembered I had entered those data when the 1st product I did worked, so went back and tried abnother, and it worked wher it had not before - joy, rapture! Then did another and this time it is complaining about a that 1st product I did smart data install for:

19:31:03 GMT+0000 (GMT Standard Time): Analysis Complete.

19:31:28 GMT+0000 (GMT Standard Time): Installing Product to Daz Studio...

19:31:28 GMT+0000 (GMT Standard Time): Verifying existence of Renderosity store: true

19:31:28 GMT+0000 (GMT Standard Time): Verifying "Bennie Hair G3 G8daz 1 227384" product does not exist already

19:31:28 GMT+0000 (GMT Standard Time): Creating "Bennie Hair G3 G8daz 1 227384" product in Daz Studio...

19:31:28 GMT+0000 (GMT Standard Time): Daz Studio returned "Alion Suit G8 F 01 215248" product when "Bennie Hair G3 G8daz 1 227384" product was requested to be created

19:31:28 GMT+0000 (GMT Standard Time): Product: Alion Suit G8 F 01 215248

19:31:28 GMT+0000 (GMT Standard Time): Description:

19:31:28 GMT+0000 (GMT Standard Time): URL: @

19:31:28 GMT+0000 (GMT Standard Time): Artists:

19:31:28 GMT+0000 (GMT Standard Time): Store: Renderosity

19:31:28 GMT+0000 (GMT Standard Time): Vendor: false

19:31:28 GMT+0000 (GMT Standard Time): GUID: 23323611-a8f9-4f14-800b-78c44c0b3150

19:31:28 GMT+0000 (GMT Standard Time): Date Installed: Sat Feb 29 2020 15:40:39 GMT+0000 (GMT Standard Time) (Currently Installed: true)

19:31:28 GMT+0000 (GMT Standard Time): Date Released: Sat Feb 29 2020 18:50:53 GMT+0000 (GMT Standard Time)

19:31:28 GMT+0000 (GMT Standard Time): Copy: false, Delete: true, Insert: false, Modify: true, Rename: true

19:31:28 GMT+0000 (GMT Standard Time): Number of Assets: 65

19:31:28 GMT+0000 (GMT Standard Time): Number of Child Containers: 0

19:31:28 GMT+0000 (GMT Standard Time): There were errors during installation.

I know I have a LOT of stuff, but ... (as an ex-programmer) I have to wonder, what search terms are being used, where? 

As far as adding more stores, they are defined in the RSSmartContentConstants.dsa file, which you can edit.  You need to edit these 2 lines:

var StoreIDs = ['LOCAL USER', 'Daz 3D', 'Renderosity', 'ShareCG', 'CGTrader'];
    [...]

var StoreURLs = ['', "https://www.daz3d.com/catalog/product/view/id/"+sProductToken, "https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/?ViewProduct="+sProductToken, 'http://www.sharecg.com/v/'; + sProductToken, 'https://www.cgtrader.com'];

The "Daz Studio returned "Alion Suit G8 F 01 215248" product when "Bennie Hair G3 G8daz 1 227384" product was requested to be created" is something that drove me CRAZY while developing this product. I am calling a daz script method, createProduct, of the asset manager.  It is supposed to return a new product, or if the name and id already exist, that product.  Obviously, it doesn't sometimes.  If I remember correctly, I ended up needing to delete one or the other product.

edited March 2020

I'm having the exact problem as Daventaki. I can install no problem but issues occur trying to install smart content it says there were errors.

Hmmm.  Is this for all products?  or just one?  What does the log say?  More than likely, the issue affecting the Barn One for DS product is also affecting you.  I am investigating that now.  I hope if I fix that, it will help you and others.  Please be patient.  I apologize for the inconvenience.

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
  • DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621
    edited March 2020
    Daventaki said:

So can you select the product from within smart content? I am not having any luck getting Renderosity product Berry, or MDD Monet rar file to install into smart content. Everything works well up to the point when I hit "install smart content" and I get "there were errors during installation".

Ive tried installing Peppery Sweater and Angelically Naughty by nirvy and a pose from Most Digital Creations, the installs do fine and they show in Content Library but I get an error every time I try to install the Smart Content. 

What is the exact error you see?  I am wondering why the product id (140976) is different than the id embedded in the runtime support file (Runtime/Support/Renderosity_258445_dforce_Peppery_Sweater.dsx).  Does the Runtime/Support/Renderosity_258445_dforce_Peppery_Sweater.dsx exist?  Can I see it?

I have attached an image of the actual error message.  I tried both numbers-the number supplied in the zip filename and the number that is in the url at renderosity because neither was working thinking that maybe it was required and CW linked and or pulled info from the product page. The dsx file is attached that CW created it. The files I attached before are from the first try at install so I have attached the config file for the 258445 try.  There is no dsx file for the 140976 number.

As a suggestion: Could we possibly make it remember the last used Content library location? Mine keeps defaulting to the original location where none of my stuff is and I keep having to remember to change it.

txt
    txt
    PepperySweater.txt
    Image31.jpg
    1267 x 844 - 558K
    zip
    zip
    Renderosity_258445_dforce_Peppery_Sweater.zip
    Post edited by Daventaki on
    Daventaki said:
    Daventaki said:

I have attached an image of the actual error message.  I tried both numbers-the number supplied in the zip filename and the number that is in the url at renderosity because neither was working thinking that maybe it was required and CW linked and or pulled info from the product page. The dsx file is attached that CW created it. The files I attached before are from the first try at install so I have attached the config file for the 258445 try.  There is no dsx file for the 140976 number.

As a suggestion: Could we possibly make it remember the last used Content library location? Mine keeps defaulting to the original location where none of my stuff is and I keep having to remember to change it.

The error you are getting is because Daz didn't like the runtime support file for some reason.  Thank you for posting it.  I hope I can use it to figure out why DS doesn't like it.

The script does remember the Content library location.  However, if there is a problem in the script that causes it to crash, the script won't remember it.  Set up your product, click Save to exit Content Wizard and it should remember everything.  Then restart and try installing.

•  

@stacywallace, it looks like your error is slightly earlier though.  Have you set the artist/vendor?  Could you save your configuration for this product and post it here?

@riversoftart it was attached to my original post : https://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/ce/f81fd6bbf219ee272461219cee2d80.txt

Sorry about that!  There were so many posts I missed it.  Nothing jumps out at me from your configuration.  It looks like it is crashing before it writes out the runtime support file.

Other users have reported a product, Barn One from Dreamlands, that I have and can confirm there are issues.  I am going to see if I can fix that.  Perhaps it will help you too.

I can confirm that product metadata dsx file does not get created, neither in the temp folder or the final install folder. In fact, the support nfolder does not get created either.

I can confirm that product metadata dsx file does not get created, neither in the temp folder or the final install folder. In fact, the support nfolder does not get created either.

Thank you for confirming that.  Your error is definitely different.  Can you PM your email address to me?  I want to send you an update script tomorrow that will output a ton of error messages where your product is going wrong.  Hopefully, that will tell me what is going on.

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,983

For Rendo products, I use it's Product ID number.  Although it doesn't appear on the product page, it shows in the Product Page URL.

• RLSprouseRLSprouse Posts: 288

I bought Content Wizard yesterday and just tried to run it for the first time. When I double-click the .dse file, I get a spinning beach ball and nothing else. I'm on a Mac, if that matters.

• JagerkinJagerkin Posts: 3

Amazing product. I adore it. 

Had a minor glitch. I was installing smart content for a pose pack from a non-Daz site and somehow broke my metadata. I had added smart content for 35 products without a problem before that one.

A quick google told me to "Update metadata" for all products (easy when you find out how). Worked a charm. As a test, I removed that pose pack, exited, rebooted and reinstalled offending pose pack. Happened again. [shrug] At least I know how to fix it.

I can't give a log because it installed fine... but 2 for 2 on breaking the metadata for other products.

• I bought Content Wizard yesterday and just tried to run it for the first time. When I double-click the .dse file, I get a spinning beach ball and nothing else. I'm on a Mac, if that matters.

What is your OS X version?

• IllidanstormIllidanstorm Posts: 655
    edited March 2020

I seem to have a problem that sometimes a product shows up twice in the smart content.

I'm not sure what causes this. It happens with lilflame items mostly. 

Anmerkung 2020-03-01 132158.jpg
    364 x 558 - 36K
    txt
    txt
    tempest.txt
    Anmerkung 2020-03-01 135119.jpg
    321 x 347 - 25K
    Post edited by Illidanstorm on
  • AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 702
    edited March 2020

Despite the setback, Content Wizard is awesome and I am sure this matter will be resolved. I had a lot of renderosity products that I never used because there wasn't an encouraging way to install them untill content wizard. Thank you for this product and we're all supporting you.

Post edited by AnEye4Art on
    Lindsey said:

For Rendo products, I use it's Product ID number.  Although it doesn't appear on the product page, it shows in the Product Page URL.

Exactly, that is where you would get it from.  

I bought Content Wizard yesterday and just tried to run it for the first time. When I double-click the .dse file, I get a spinning beach ball and nothing else. I'm on a Mac, if that matters.

Does the daz log have anything?

Jagerkin said:

Amazing product. I adore it. 

Had a minor glitch. I was installing smart content for a pose pack from a non-Daz site and somehow broke my metadata. I had added smart content for 35 products without a problem before that one.

A quick google told me to "Update metadata" for all products (easy when you find out how). Worked a charm. As a test, I removed that pose pack, exited, rebooted and reinstalled offending pose pack. Happened again. [shrug] At least I know how to fix it.

I can't give a log because it installed fine... but 2 for 2 on breaking the metadata for other products.

Hmmm.  I want to diagnose your pose pack.  Right now, I am overwhelmed with other issues.  Can we come back to it?

I seem to have a problem that sometimes a product shows up twice in the smart content.

I'm not sure what causes this. It happens with lilflame items mostly. 

Ok, CW only has one entry for that dress.  It must be when the runtime support file is generated.  Perhaps you can post that? (you may have to zip it up to post it)

Despite the setback, Content Wizard is awesome and I am sure this matter will be resolved. I had a lot of renderosity products that I never used because there wasn't an encouraging way to install them untill content wizard. Thank you for this product and we're all supproting you.

Thank you.  I needed that.  CW was my most tested product by outside testers because I knew it was going to be tough.  Obviously, that was not enough. sad

• Despite the setback, Content Wizard is awesome and I am sure this matter will be resolved. I had a lot of renderosity products that I never used because there wasn't an encouraging way to install them untill content wizard. Thank you for this product and we're all supproting you.

Thank you.  I needed that.  CW was my most tested product by outside testers because I knew it was going to be tough.  Obviously, that was not enough. sad

Don't despair .... Microsoft is till trying to get Windows right after all these years wink

Despite the setback, Content Wizard is awesome and I am sure this matter will be resolved. I had a lot of renderosity products that I never used because there wasn't an encouraging way to install them untill content wizard. Thank you for this product and we're all supproting you.

Don't despair .... Microsoft is till trying to get Windows right after all these years wink

LOL.  On the one hand, that encourages me because Microsoft is doing well and Windows is pretty good (I'll be ok and CW will be ok).  On the other hand, it is 30 years later and they are still trying to fix it (I'll never fix it completely!) laugh

• PlatnumkPlatnumk Posts: 663

After install some Metadata to a couple of products the Filter By Context no longer works as it should