[Released] Content Wizard [Commercial]

Comments

• I seem to have a problem that sometimes a product shows up twice in the smart content.

I'm not sure what causes this. It happens with lilflame items mostly. 

Ok, CW only has one entry for that dress.  It must be when the runtime support file is generated.  Perhaps you can post that? (you may have to zip it up to post it)

ok here. I hope this is what you meant. It's the files in runtime support.

zip
    zip
    tempest runtim support.zip
  • RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,359

YES!  I have fixed one of the major issues people will have been having.  Please go to the first post of the thread and download the zip.  Replace the 2 files in Data/RiverSoft Art/Common with the files in the zip file.

Platnumk said:

After install some Metadata to a couple of products the Filter By Context no longer works as it should

On ALL products?  Or on only one product?  If you go through and uninstall the last product, does it fix it?  If you try what @Jagerkin tried in https://www.daz3d.com/forums/profile/3309286/Jagerkin does that fix it?

edited March 2020

I seem to have a problem that sometimes a product shows up twice in the smart content.

I'm not sure what causes this. It happens with lilflame items mostly. 

Ok, CW only has one entry for that dress.  It must be when the runtime support file is generated.  Perhaps you can post that? (you may have to zip it up to post it)

ok here. I hope this is what you meant. It's the files in runtime support.

That is the correct file.  Looking at it, I don't see duplicate entries either.  Have you run the "Install Smart Content" on that product twice?  (It might be that there is something wrong in CW when run twice on that product)  If you uninstall the Tempest Dress product from DS, and then reinstall using Content Wizard, is there still a duplicate?

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
  • YES!  I have fixed one of the major issues people will have been having.  Please go to the first post of the thread and download the zip.  Replace the 2 files in Data/RiverSoft Art/Common with the files in the zip file.

Thank you.

Would it be possible, when submitting an update to DAZ, to have the version number displayed somewhere in CW, so that the user know which version he\she has?

YES!  I have fixed one of the major issues people will have been having.  Please go to the first post of the thread and download the zip.  Replace the 2 files in Data/RiverSoft Art/Common with the files in the zip file.

Thank you.

Would it be possible, when submitting an update to DAZ, to have the version number displayed somewhere in CW, so that the user know which version he\she has?

I can do that.  I don't plan to submit to Daz for probably a week though.  I want to iron out as many issues as possible first.  I also want to verify the fix works for people smiley

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945

Sorry to add to your workload, but .. on the upsdie this isn't a bug report!  When just installing Smart Content (and maybe when also installing product, I have yet to do that ..) it'd be really, really nice to be able to pick out a meaningful icon for the product.  Seeing as any potential .jpg or .png that'd work as an icon is still 'locked' in the zip file (despite the analysis step) any chance of doing something with/about that?

• PlatnumkPlatnumk Posts: 663
    Platnumk said:

After install some Metadata to a couple of products the Filter By Context no longer works as it should

On ALL products?  Or on only one product?  If you go through and uninstall the last product, does it fix it?  If you try what @Jagerkin tried in https://www.daz3d.com/forums/profile/3309286/Jagerkin does that fix it?

It was on everything, but after a bit of trail and error I managed to find a solutioin,  which was to turn OFF Filter By Context,  Select the base figure (in this case was G8F),  Then select for instance Clothing/Autofits, then turn Filter By Context back ON,  It then started working again as it should.

As with your other usful scripts this is of the highest quality once again, Keep up the great work.

SimonJM said:

Sorry to add to your workload, but .. on the upsdie this isn't a bug report!  When just installing Smart Content (and maybe when also installing product, I have yet to do that ..) it'd be really, really nice to be able to pick out a meaningful icon for the product.  Seeing as any potential .jpg or .png that'd work as an icon is still 'locked' in the zip file (despite the analysis step) any chance of doing something with/about that?

Click on the Change Product Icon button to do that.

Platnumk said:
    Platnumk said:

It was on everything, but after a bit of trail and error I managed to find a solutioin,  which was to turn OFF Filter By Context,  Select the base figure (in this case was G8F),  Then select for instance Clothing/Autofits, then turn Filter By Context back ON,  It then started working again as it should.

As with your other usful scripts this is of the highest quality once again, Keep up the great work.

Huh.  Does that mean it is working now?  That DS just needed to reset itself?  Or that you have to do this procedure every time?  

Platnumk said:
    Platnumk said:

Huh.  Does that mean it is working now?  That DS just needed to reset itself?  Or that you have to do this procedure every time?  

I Will let you know,  Haven't had much time to play with it yet :) 

SimonJM said:

Yes, but ... there is no suitable product icon as the file was unzopped in memory I assume and teh contents of the zp are not available and I have yet to find where the unzip file option sends the files ...

SimonJM said:
    SimonJM said:

Yes, but ... there is no suitable product icon as the file was unzopped in memory I assume and teh contents of the zp are not available and I have yet to find where the unzip file option sends the files ...

No, you are supposed to point that to some file on your HDD.  It isn't meant for any file in the zip.

Platnumk said:
    Platnumk said:
    Platnumk said:

Please do.  Thanks.

• SimonJM said:
    SimonJM said:

It gets unzipped to the Working Directory (see Installation Options tab).

• Which reminds me, perhaps the Unzip Product button should be disabled until a file has been added.

Which reminds me, perhaps the Unzip Product button should be disabled until a file has been added.

Good point.

edited March 2020
    SimonJM said:
    SimonJM said:

Oh dear ... I have looked there and it has not been, much tomy bemusement.  I tsuffenly, however, think I know why not ... it is not remembering the location I specified when I first ran Content Wizard ... well, crap no, it does NOT remember the working directory I deliberatlly moved away from my C: drive .. rats.  Can we fix that, please (that's not directed at you Doc!)?

<edit>

Ok, used the 'Save' option and that seems to have remembered the location I specified ...

Post edited by SimonJM on
  • SimonJM said:
    SimonJM said:
    SimonJM said:

Oh dear ... I have looked there and it has not been, much tomy bemusement.  I tsuffenly, however, think I know why not ... it is not remembering the location I specified when I first ran Content Wizard ... well, crap no, it does NOT remember the working directory I deliberatlly moved away from my C: drive .. rats.  Can we fix that, please (that's not directed at you Doc!)?

Easy fix: Start CW, change the Working Directory, click Save and close CW\DS. Restart and it should be remembered.

• IgIg Posts: 30
    edited March 2020

Thanks for ths product RiverSoftArt - it's awesome!

The only products I've had any issue with so far are Barn One and 51 Panel Van by the same artist. All the other products I've installed so far have worked perfectly.

After installing your patch, Barn One now works, but I still get the installation error on 51 Panel Van. I've attached the log, config and generated xml files for when you get time to check.

Thanks.

[Edit] I found an error in xml on line 504 (& in file name). I fixed it manually and was able to load the metadata now.

zip
    zip
    Renderosity_139283_51_Panel_Van.zip
    zip
    zip
    51PanelVanLog.zip
    txt
    txt
    51PanelVanCFG.txt
    Post edited by Ig on
  • mambanegramambanegra Posts: 572

Hi RiverSoftArt, I purchased this the other day and spent some time with it yesterday and have a couple of suggestions that may be of interest?

The products I played with were a few SASE purchases I made during renderosity's big sale during the holidays last year. I installed them each independently using "+" then clean. The following sort of diminished my experience to some degree:

1) I wasn't manually inputting the ID, so after product 1, the next kept failing for smart content because it kept seeing a different product name associated with that id (the name associated with the first product). It wasn't clear to me why it was saying that until after a bit of trial and error. Maybe you could rewrite that error message to offer a hint that the ID is really important for smart content?

2) All 3 or 4? of my products that were installed by content wizard have your CW icon, and yet you show the various associated icons for the various files inside the zip. Would it be possible for you to choose the first product's icon and allow users to choose an alternate from with the zip(s) rather than using the otherwise meaningless icon? I have been maintaining two runtimes, 1 for "smart content" purchased fom DAZ, and another for stuff I get elsewhere that is manually rearranged to reflect the proper "categories" like I did for so many years before finally giving in to using Smart Content. Ideally, I'll move everything over to smart content using your program, but having those portraits for the initial listing is pretty important if I were to really use it and having to set it manually would be less than ideal.

3) Is it possible to add new categories for things? I didn't see anything like that in my exploration. I was hoping I could make my "smart content" much smarter, since many times I still have to do file system searches to find specific props that are part of a larger package and the item itself isn't listed. 

• Still trying to figure out why some outfits are shown twice in smart content. 
    I've deleted the folder of the product and did the content wizard again, with same result.

One time it shows up as Product Local User and one time the one created by Content Wizard it seems.
    How do I get rid of the Local User one crying

Anmerkung 2020-03-01 175546.jpg
    574 x 379 - 29K
    Anmerkung 2020-03-01 175547.jpg
    573 x 401 - 31K
    Platnumk said:
    Platnumk said:
    Platnumk said:

Please do.  Thanks.

OK,  So I've managed to norrow it down to when you add metadata to a 3rd party character it causes a glitch in the smart content. 

The way to get it working again is to make sure nothing is selected in the Scene Tab,  Then Login & wait for the Smart Content to update its self then after a minute or so it should start working again.  This happens every time I add metadata to a character.  If doing clothing etc. then the glitch doesn't happen.

The glitch its self is where 90% of the smart content catagories disapear.

• AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 702
    edited March 2020

Do I just add the two files from the zip to the folder? 

Documents --> Daz3D--> Studio-->My Library-->Data-->RiverSoft-->Common... is where I placed the files but still get the install error.

14:16:28 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time): Installing Product to Daz Studio...

14:16:28 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time): Verifying existence of Renderosity store: true

14:16:28 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time): Verifying "MDD Fable G8 Female" product does not exist already

14:16:28 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time): Creating "MDD Fable G8 Female" product in Daz Studio...

14:16:28 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time): Building product metadata...

14:16:28 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time): Creating Product Icon from C:/Users/creat/Desktop/RENDEROSITY/257295_MDD Fable_G8F/Fable.jpg...

14:16:28 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time): Creating support file...

14:16:28 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time): Importing Product into Daz Studio...

14:16:28 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time): Error importing product into Smart Content database

14:16:28 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time): There were errors during installation.

Post edited by AnEye4Art on
  • DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621
    edited March 2020

Replaced the required files from the zip.

I still get the Smart Content install error on Rendo products.  I was able to get Bodysuit 3 from MostDigitalDesigns to intall successfully.  I did get the same results that Illidanstorm where there are two icons for the product.  One says local_user for the product name the other is correct and says Bodysuit.

Post edited by Daventaki on
  • gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948

I have not been successful with the Content Wizard. sad  To narrow down possible problems based on user error, I chose to work on my back-up pc.  It has the latest DS installed and my purchased product converters and scripts.  No other products.

I looked at the oldest of my content - the Morphing Skull - and decided to try adding metadata for it.  All it needs are some tags.  I thought it would be pretty simple.  (It is not in poser format.  In the past, I have followed Jen's guide to convert poser content to DS.)

I followed Riversoft's steps below, minus step 6 - since I installed the Morphing Skull via DIM.

I usually do things in this order:

1. Add zip files
    2. Set the Product Name, Vendor Name, Store (using the drop down), and ID
    3. Analyze...
    4. Verify and edit analysis
    5. Save Configuration File
    6. Install Content
    7. Install Smart Content
    8. Save Configuration File AGAIN (the smart content install changes some things based on talking with the DB)
    9. Save and close CW
    10. Verify the product is working in DS... if it is:
    11. Restart Content Wizard
    12. Clear the product and do the next product

​The first save of the Configuration File has the information for the tags.  When saving the configuration file again in step 8, the tags are gone.  Proceeding with step 9 and 10 ... no metadata appears to have been created, no tags are attached, the corresponding files are not found in the support folder.  Restarting DS did not change the outcome.  After each apparent failed attempt, I have uninstalled the product via DIM and deleted the product zip file, and started fresh. 

I have attached some screenshots and the step 5 text file.    I am embarassed to say that I have spent hours trying to figure it out what I am doing wrong.

MorphingSkull1.JPG
    1066 x 189 - 32K
    MorphingSkull2.JPG
    766 x 230 - 32K
    MorphingSkull3.JPG
    1425 x 681 - 134K
    MorphingSkull4.JPG
    1097 x 120 - 22K
    txt
    txt
    Trial.txt
  • LaPartitaLaPartita Posts: 401

Despite the setback, Content Wizard is awesome and I am sure this matter will be resolved. I had a lot of renderosity products that I never used because there wasn't an encouraging way to install them untill content wizard. Thank you for this product and we're all supproting you.

Thank you.  I needed that.  CW was my most tested product by outside testers because I knew it was going to be tough.  Obviously, that was not enough. sad

Agreed!

I know this must be overwhelming, but remember we're finding every little thing that could be wrong (including problems that are simply user errors). And Smart Content/Metadata issues have been a problem with Daz for years. This product is AMAZING, current glitches and all. And no matter how many updates you do, I'm sure there will always be a few things CW can't handle! I accepted that as a given before I even bought the product. Nothing's perfect.

There is a very short list of vendors that I trust enough to even consider buying something this complicated from, especially when that product is brand new and I know there will inevitably be glitches that need to be ironed out. I felt comfortable buying CW on the day of its release because I trust you and your products. The quality is always top-notch, and you're responsive to users and responsible about trying to fix any issues we find. In a way, this thread's really a whole lot of votes of confidence in you! Users are reporting errors to you (and not submitting tickets) because we know you'll do your best to help us - just like you have with every single other product you've released.

THANK YOU so much for creating this product, and for all your hard work and other amazing products you've created over the years!!!

LaPartita said:

Despite the setback, Content Wizard is awesome and I am sure this matter will be resolved. I had a lot of renderosity products that I never used because there wasn't an encouraging way to install them untill content wizard. Thank you for this product and we're all supproting you.

Thank you.  I needed that.  CW was my most tested product by outside testers because I knew it was going to be tough.  Obviously, that was not enough. sad

Agreed!

I know this must be overwhelming, but remember we're finding every little thing that could be wrong (including problems that are simply user errors). And Smart Content/Metadata issues have been a problem with Daz for years. This product is AMAZING, current glitches and all. And no matter how many updates you do, I'm sure there will always be a few things CW can't handle! I accepted that as a given before I even bought the product. Nothing's perfect.

There is a very short list of vendors that I trust enough to even consider buying something this complicated from, especially when that product is brand new and I know there will inevitably be glitches that need to be ironed out. I felt comfortable buying CW on the day of its release because I trust you and your products. The quality is always top-notch, and you're responsive to users and responsible about trying to fix any issues we find. In a way, this thread's really a whole lot of votes of confidence in you! Users are reporting errors to you (and not submitting tickets) because we know you'll do your best to help us - just like you have with every single other product you've released.

THANK YOU so much for creating this product, and for all your hard work and other amazing products you've created over the years!!!

I could not have said it any better.

• IllidanstormIllidanstorm Posts: 655
    edited March 2020

There seems to be a major bug where when you try to install a character and install the smart content, filtering will no longer work for that base figure.

I've just tried to install Kandy for Genesis 8 Female by TwiztedMetal from renderosity and now my g8f is broken

when I click on filter by context it will show nothing for g8f. Help :o

Edit: ok uninstalling the g8f starter pack and reinstalling it fixes it, but this is a bug that should be addressed I think.

Post edited by Illidanstorm on
    edited March 2020

"ok uninstalling the g8f starter pack and reinstalling it fixes it, but this is a bug that should be addressed I think."

Will uninstalling g8f starter pack help with the smart content install?

Post edited by AnEye4Art on