N.G.S. Anagenessis II - Revolution [Commercial]

1373839404143»

Comments

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,000
    edited January 2020
    MrDarck said:

Hmm looks not bad, but I guess its more a product for really close up images. I make the most times just Scenes where you take a fokus on the full Scene and lesser on such details :D

But thanks for showing it to me :)

It brings in more detail to the skin for sure. Perfect for older generations especially, since it only needs the diffuse map. In addition, the creator also released a free script to apply the NGS settings to environments. You cannot use the freebie script without the product and I believe the link to it should be in the first post of this thread. Here are some comparisons I did a while back:

Out of the box:

NGS:

Out of the box:

NGS:

Out of the box:

NGS:

Oneiros-Iray.png
    1400 x 865 - 2M
    Oneiros-NGS.png
    1400 x 865 - 2M
    TheStudy_OutofBox.png
    1000 x 618 - 1M
    TheStudy_NGS.png
    1000 x 618 - 1M
    F3D_RuinsElvenPortal-OutOfBox.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    F3D_RuinsElvenPortal-NGS.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    Post edited by FenixPhoenix on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,878

I used NGSA2 on the ichyosaur in this image:

• LoonyLoony Posts: 1,798

Looks not bad Fenix, but... WHAT does the software make there? changing the contrast or something?

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,238
    MrDarck said:

Looks not bad Fenix, but... WHAT does the software make there? changing the contrast or something?

it changes a whole lot of things including adding a micro texture, changing SSS, etc... It is excellent for changing things from 3delight to iray.  So the short answer is a lot of somethings...

• LoonyLoony Posts: 1,798

I dont use 3DL :D only Iray (rip my render times...)

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,088

For anyone interested, as-dimension-z's page is here: https://www.deviantart.com/as-dimension-z

One of his posts reads: 

"For All my friends...NGS3 is not a myth.

I'm working on it. As it will be something else..."

MrDarck said:

I dont use 3DL :D only Iray (rip my render times...)

It is a wonderrful tool to add to your toolbox then...

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    inquire said:

For anyone interested, as-dimension-z's page is here: https://www.deviantart.com/as-dimension-z

One of his posts reads: 

Look at when it was posted. I really hope it's not, as I've said.

• nicstt said:
    inquire said:

One of his posts reads: 

Originally he thought it would be released summer of 2018, so I've definitely been waiting a while...

nicstt said:
    inquire said:

One of his posts reads: 

Yes, I know, 2017. I picked the wrong date.  OK, here's a more recent post on his site:

AS-Dimension-Z

Thank you very much!

Unfortunately I can't tell yet there's still developing here, as I just show my final tests.

You have to understand my friend that I'm all alone.

I'm the developer, the beta tester, I have fixes blah, blah...

Thank you for your support!

Edited Sep 22, 2019

Of course, this goes back to Sept., but it's less than 4 months old. Every once in awhile on his site, someone asks about a release date, and he says just about what's in this post.

• FauvistFauvist Posts: 2,038
    edited February 2020
    MrDarck said:

Hmm looks not bad, but I guess its more a product for really close up images. I make the most times just Scenes where you take a fokus on the full Scene and lesser on such details :D

It brings in more detail to the skin for sure. Perfect for older generations especially, since it only needs the diffuse map. In addition, the creator also released a free script to apply the NGS settings to environments. You cannot use the freebie script without the product and I believe the link to it should be in the first post of this thread. Here are some comparisons I did a while back:

Out of the box:

NGS:

Out of the box:

NGS:

Out of the box:

NGS:

I don't know how to get this to work.  I downloaded the free script.  I installed it according to the instructions. The script shows up in my Content Pane in the right place.  Now what do I do.  I want ro apply the script to a model of a house.  The hose has several different surface areas, such as wood shutters, brick chimny, painted wood siding.  What do I choose?  To I just choose the figure itself, or do I go to the Surfaces Pane and choose some surface.  I get an error message every time I try to use it.  Please help.

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2020-02-08 at 2.21.52 PM.png
    1112 x 836 - 223K
    Post edited by Fauvist on
    Fauvist said:
    MrDarck said:

Out of the box:

NGS:

Out of the box:

NGS:

Out of the box:

NGS:

I don't know how to get this to work.  I downloaded the free script.  I installed it according to the instructions. The script shows up in my Content Pane in the right place.  Now what do I do.  I want ro apply the script to a model of a house.  The hose has several different surface areas, such as wood shutters, brick chimny, painted wood siding.  What do I choose?  To I just choose the figure itself, or do I go to the Surfaces Pane and choose some surface.  I get an error message every time I try to use it.  Please help.

Thanks!

Choose each surface one by one, apply the appropriate shader, run the script, rinse and repeat....

nemesis10 said:
    Fauvist said:
    MrDarck said:

Out of the box:

NGS:

Out of the box:

NGS:

Out of the box:

NGS:

Thanks!

Choose each surface one by one, apply the appropriate shader, run the script, rinse and repeat....

The shaders in Anagenesis are the names of body parts, like lips, nails, etc.  If I'm trying to apply Anagenesis to a house, what is the appropriate shader - or do I apply the shader script for the entire Genesis figure to each surface.  What happens with the Diffuse maps?  They're different for every part of the house.

Fauvist said:
    nemesis10 said:
    Fauvist said:
    MrDarck said:

Out of the box:

NGS:

Out of the box:

NGS:

Out of the box:

NGS:

Thanks!

The shaders in Anagenesis are the names of body parts, like lips, nails, etc.  If I'm trying to apply Anagenesis to a house, what is the appropriate shader - or do I apply the shader script for the entire Genesis figure to each surface.  What happens with the Diffuse maps?  They're different for every part of the house.

Ah,  I didn't quite understand your question...my fault!  There is a generic shader called NGS_Shader_New.duf; I would take the object, a room for example, select all of the surfaces, apply the NGS_Shader_New shader, run the scripot which should put all of the diffuse textures back where they should be, adjust some individual surfaces (I use the corneal shader for transparent glass things) to make them more or less shiny, and render.

edited February 2020
    nemesis10 said:
    Fauvist said:
    nemesis10 said:
    Fauvist said:
    MrDarck said:

Out of the box:

NGS:

Out of the box:

NGS:

Out of the box:

NGS:

Thanks!

Ah,  I didn't quite understand your question...my fault!  There is a generic shader called NGS_Shader_New.duf; I would take the object, a room for example, select all of the surfaces, apply the NGS_Shader_New shader, run the scripot which should put all of the diffuse textures back where they should be, adjust some individual surfaces (I use the corneal shader for transparent glass things) to make them more or less shiny, and render.

I selected the house, and applied the NGS_Shader_New.duf , but when I render it, it comes out like it's made of blue ice.  I tried adding the one just called NGS Shader, but now the house is pink.

Screen Shot 2020-02-09 at 12.55.37 AM.png
    3032 x 1208 - 5M
    Screen Shot 2020-02-09 at 1.03.13 AM.png
    2864 x 1828 - 3M
    Post edited by Fauvist on
    Fauvist said:
    nemesis10 said:
    Fauvist said:
    nemesis10 said:
    Fauvist said:
    MrDarck said:

Out of the box:

NGS:

Out of the box:

NGS:

Out of the box:

NGS:

Thanks!

I selected the house, and applied the NGS_Shader_New.duf , but when I render it, it comes out like it's made of blue ice.  I tried adding the one just called NGS Shader, but now the house is pink.

Did you run the script?  it should reload the textures!

edited February 2020
    Fauvist said:
    nemesis10 said:
    Fauvist said:
    nemesis10 said:
    Fauvist said:
    MrDarck said:

Out of the box:

NGS:

Out of the box:

NGS:

Out of the box:

NGS:

Thanks!

example.jpg
    1702 x 1156 - 361K
    Post edited by nemesis10 on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

I usually just run the G3 script on whatever I have selected, if I like the look then I run with that.

nemesis10 said:
    Fauvist said:
    nemesis10 said:
    Fauvist said:
    nemesis10 said:
    Fauvist said:
    MrDarck said:

Out of the box:

NGS:

Out of the box:

NGS:

Out of the box:

NGS:

Thanks!

I started all over and loaded a new house model. And did the Anagenesis steps over again.  I rendered it and I get a house that looks worse than the original old Poser textured model.  All the surfaces have a light green color, which changed the color of the chimeny from brick red to gray, and the brown roof to black.  The windows are not transparent anymore, and the curtains have lost their pink color and all their detail.  The whole model isn't reflecting the direct sunlight naturally any more, and the shadows are darkened.

Screen Shot 2020-02-09 at 1.04.08 PM.png
    3064 x 1364 - 6M
  • N3p3nth3N3p3nth3 Posts: 129

Pixolygon said:

Without having dug through this entire thread, will NGS work on a G8 figure that's using a V4 texture via V4 for G8F by Cayman?

Very late reply, but the trick is to run the scripts when you have the v4 textures set up on a victoria 4, then save it as a preset and then bring that preset over to G8F, so you don't become entangled with the new material zones.

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    N3p3nth3 said:

Pixolygon said:

Without having dug through this entire thread, will NGS work on a G8 figure that's using a V4 texture via V4 for G8F by Cayman?

Very late reply, but the trick is to run the scripts when you have the v4 textures set up on a victoria 4, then save it as a preset and then bring that preset over to G8F, so you don't become entangled with the new material zones.

I am transfering a material from Genesis to G3 on a character I converted toG3 with GenX2,  I use Cayman's script to prepare G3 for the genesis material and then I tried to run NGS on it but it doesn't transfer to the new material zones.  So what you are saying is to put the material on Genesis run NGS on that, save the material, prepare G3 with the legacy UV's and then apply the newly saved material?

What's happened with this thread?  What happened with the new version of the product?

• M-CM-C Posts: 101

Fauvist said:

What's happened with this thread?  What happened with the new version of the product?

According to his page at deviantart the author is still working on N.G.S. 3 and it looks pretty amazing.
    But actually it´s in this state for years now and I think that´s the reason why this thread died. Pretty much everyone has lost hopes that it will ever be released.

Is there any possibility that iRay is going to be replaced by something else?

• Hopefully a third version. This guy did a great and nice  job. I'm expecting a nice third.

Yes, but will it run in DS v. 5? It's said that some of the script and plugins won't run. I asked this question on DA, at his site, and a respondant answered (not the maker of the product) that if it wouldn't, he'd stick with DS v. 4 forever. OK. But I still did not get this question answered. I very much like what he's done. But it's still not finished.

• This would make the product hard to sell on Daz, if he is ever done with it. Might become a offsite sell.