N.G.S. Anagenessis II - Revolution [Commercial]

1343537394043

Comments

  • nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,323
    dracorn said:

    Well, shoot.  It didn't work too well for me.  

    I used the standard Genesis 3 script on G8F and it looked terrible.  

    Some advice, please?

    Before Anagenesis (stopped at 82%)

    After Anagenesis:

    I know the answer to this one!  There is a dual lobe shader on your figure in the surface which should be set to zero; if you look at the torso surface, for example, you should see that that the dual lobe setting has a value.  Truthfully, I don't use N.G.S. on figures that have a dual lobe setting since they achieve a similar effect of a realistic skin translucence.   

  • dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333

    Thanks, Will.  However, I didn't apply the lip glossy preset, I used the script for Genesis 3.  I checked my Top Coat Glossiness - it's 0.62.  All the values are standard which are shown in the PDF.

  • dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333
    edited January 2018
    nemesis10 said:
    dracorn said:

    Well, shoot.  It didn't work too well for me.  

    I used the standard Genesis 3 script on G8F and it looked terrible.  

    Some advice, please?

    Before Anagenesis (stopped at 82%)

     

    After Anagenesis:

     

    I know the answer to this one!  There is a dual lobe shader on your figure in the surface which should be set to zero; if you look at the torso surface, for example, you should see that that the dual lobe setting has a value.  Truthfully, I don't use N.G.S. on figures that have a dual lobe setting since they achieve a similar effect of a realistic skin translucence.   

    Thanks nemesis10.

    Here's the render with Dual Lobe Specularity Weight set to zero.  I added the makeup and lip gloss adjusters.

    While it looks nice, the skin color has significantly lightened and the dramatic gold eyes look brown.  As you said, the dual lobe setting is pretty good.  I think I may stick to my original settings and play around with reducing some of that glossiness.  

    Marellian Anagenesis After, Dual Lobe Spec 0, Gloss adj.jpg
    800 x 800 - 435K
    Post edited by dracorn on
  • nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,323
    dracorn said:
    nemesis10 said:
    dracorn said:

    Well, shoot.  It didn't work too well for me.  

    I used the standard Genesis 3 script on G8F and it looked terrible.  

    Some advice, please?

    Before Anagenesis (stopped at 82%)

     

    After Anagenesis:

     

    I know the answer to this one!  There is a dual lobe shader on your figure in the surface which should be set to zero; if you look at the torso surface, for example, you should see that that the dual lobe setting has a value.  Truthfully, I don't use N.G.S. on figures that have a dual lobe setting since they achieve a similar effect of a realistic skin translucence.   

    Thanks nemesis10.

    Here's the render with Dual Lobe Specularity Weight set to zero.  I added the makeup and lip gloss adjusters.

    While it looks nice, the skin color has significantly lightened and the dramatic gold eyes look brown.  As you said, the dual lobe setting is pretty good.  I think I may stick to my original settings and play around with reducing some of that glossiness.  

    I would b remiss to say that NGS2 is more than fine if you are trying to create an alternate look for your characters or if you have a scene where you have multiple characters since the number of maps goes down substantially.  Just check if dual lobe is on or off first.  My guess is that NGS3 will use dual lobe for evenm nicer effects.

  • nemesis10 said:
    dracorn said:
    nemesis10 said:
    dracorn said:

    Well, shoot.  It didn't work too well for me.  

    I used the standard Genesis 3 script on G8F and it looked terrible.  

    Some advice, please?

    Before Anagenesis (stopped at 82%)

     

    After Anagenesis:

     

    I know the answer to this one!  There is a dual lobe shader on your figure in the surface which should be set to zero; if you look at the torso surface, for example, you should see that that the dual lobe setting has a value.  Truthfully, I don't use N.G.S. on figures that have a dual lobe setting since they achieve a similar effect of a realistic skin translucence.   

    Thanks nemesis10.

    Here's the render with Dual Lobe Specularity Weight set to zero.  I added the makeup and lip gloss adjusters.

    While it looks nice, the skin color has significantly lightened and the dramatic gold eyes look brown.  As you said, the dual lobe setting is pretty good.  I think I may stick to my original settings and play around with reducing some of that glossiness.  

    I would b remiss to say that NGS2 is more than fine if you are trying to create an alternate look for your characters or if you have a scene where you have multiple characters since the number of maps goes down substantially.  Just check if dual lobe is on or off first.  My guess is that NGS3 will use dual lobe for evenm nicer effects.

    Your guess is very right my friend!

    NGS3 will use Dual Lobe & Two Options for Modern & Traditional Users, like Chromatic & Mono Mode.

    So Traditional users will have the ability to use it with Legacy DAZ Studio Versions.

  • Dimension-ZDimension-Z Posts: 352
    edited January 2018
    nemesis10 said:
    dracorn said:
    nemesis10 said:
    dracorn said:

     

    I would b remiss to say that NGS2 is more than fine if you are trying to create an alternate look for your characters or if you have a scene where you have multiple characters since the number of maps goes down substantially.  Just check if dual lobe is on or off first.  My guess is that NGS3 will use dual lobe for evenm nicer effects.

    I'm trying NGS3 to work with NGS2 as well.

    So every NGS2 purchaser will have a perfect update!

    Post edited by Dimension-Z on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715
    nemesis10 said:
    dracorn said:
    nemesis10 said:
    dracorn said:

     

    I would b remiss to say that NGS2 is more than fine if you are trying to create an alternate look for your characters or if you have a scene where you have multiple characters since the number of maps goes down substantially.  Just check if dual lobe is on or off first.  My guess is that NGS3 will use dual lobe for evenm nicer effects.

    NGS3 also works with NGS2 as well.

    So every NGS2 purchaser will have a perfect update!

    Hurry up and take my money. laugh

  • ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,963

    for real!!!

  • When is Anagenesis 3 coming out?? 

    Very soon... For a good skin we also need good hair...;)
  • Dimension-ZDimension-Z Posts: 352
    edited January 2018
    nicstt said:
    nemesis10 said:
    dracorn said:
    nemesis10 said:
    dracorn said:
    Hurry up and take my money. laugh

    I'm trying to make it with NGS1 too...:)

    Post edited by Dimension-Z on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715

    That is cool.

    ... Good hair?

    Hmmm, colour me interested.

  • TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,677
    edited January 2018

    Hey, I noticed something. In latest daz studio, the openGL don't look all wonky after applying AG2 anymore. Does that mean it's broken, or just that whatever was causing that has been fixed?

    Post edited by TheKD on
  • LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    nemesis10 said:
    dracorn said:
    nemesis10 said:
    dracorn said:

     

    I would b remiss to say that NGS2 is more than fine if you are trying to create an alternate look for your characters or if you have a scene where you have multiple characters since the number of maps goes down substantially.  Just check if dual lobe is on or off first.  My guess is that NGS3 will use dual lobe for evenm nicer effects.

    I'm trying NGS3 to work with NGS2 as well.

    So every NGS2 purchaser will have a perfect update!

    So excited about this! Love your products! 

  • Why can't ngs seem to handle joint areas properly for me? Is there anyway I can rectify this?

    Untitledzz.png
    671 x 619 - 286K
  • Dimension-ZDimension-Z Posts: 352
    edited February 2018

    Why can't ngs seem to handle joint areas properly for me? Is there anyway I can rectify this?

    Sorry avinash but I can't see any problem.

    Can you please explain me what's the issue so I can help you to solve your problem.

     

    DZ

    Post edited by Dimension-Z on
  • I know consistent skin tone is not natural but there should not be that much variation in the skin tone should it?

  • I know consistent skin tone is not natural but there should not be that much variation in the skin tone should it?

    So the problem is with skin tone?

  • Yes 

  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715

    I'm still not seeing the problem either; please explain.

  • It's almost looking like the character in question has 3 different zones in one body part

    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz99999.png
    2150 x 1750 - 1M
  • jardinejardine Posts: 1,197

    i'm not seeing anything super strange about the skin in this render, though.  nothing that looks like seams, which is kind of what i was expecting from your description.

    but if this isn't the look you're trying to get out of the shader, i'd suggest you try playing with a few other texture options in the script package.  try experimenting with the skin brightness settings and the pore settings...there are several presets for each. 

    you might also try adjustments to the skin's base tranlucency settings.  if you're not used to doing that, you start by selecting the figure in the scene tab, then opening the surfaces tab.  expand the menu under the figure name, select the surface group Skin, and look for the Translucency Weight slider there.

    maybe look at the lighting in your scene, too.  make sure the headlight's not turned on in the camera you're using, for instance.  skin never looks its best with a headlight shining on it. 

    good luck!

     

  • It's almost looking like the character in question has 3 different zones in one body part

    Well, sure, the skin at the back of her knees is lighter, but that's how skin looks to me, so I'm not seeing what's wrong. Check the leg's texture map and see if you can detect that color variation. If you do, then there's really nothing NGS can do about it, since it relies on the texture map.

  •  

    It's almost looking like the character in question has 3 different zones in one body part

    Well, sure, the skin at the back of her knees is lighter, but that's how skin looks to me, so I'm not seeing what's wrong. Check the leg's texture map and see if you can detect that color variation. If you do, then there's really nothing NGS can do about it, since it relies on the texture map.

    I realized that . So just for trial purposes I used a singe color as a texture map and the result was not wholly different(that particular joint area always came out much much lighter). Exactly what is ngs doing? Is it creating some weird shell over the figure and adjusting values of that shell to some pre determined algorithm.

  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,925

    Are you sure it isn't lighting? NGS Anagenessis isn't doing anything body part specific, unless you explicitly make some surface different. (Like, there is a lip glossy thing under manual scripts)

     

  • Couldn't be . Just the default hdri.

     

  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,925

    The default HDRI is an uneven light source. You should try rotating it or replacing it with other lighting to see if the effect moves/goes away.

     

  • I did try it with fwsa's neutral environment where the effect was a bit subdued (but only a bit) but it was still clearly visible.

  • outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679

    NGS doesn't do anything to a specific body part. When you apply it NGS to a character, it applies its changes universally to all skin surfaces. Also, there is no shell. NGS only uses the base skin texture and a bump map, nothing else. If there are areas that look strange, then that is due directly to the original skin texture, and nothing else. Honestly, I'm with the others, I cannot see what you are talking about at all. It looks normal to me.

    But you need to tell us what your skin is from. NGS is not a universal cure all. There are some skins that do not look as great with NGS without making further changes.

    One thing NGS does is bring out the detail in skin. This is extremely important to note. Moles and things can become more visible after using NGS. Skin variations can also become more visible. This is something most people enjoy about this product. Flaws also get enhanced, so if the texture itself has any flaws then it will be visible with NGS. If the effect is too strong, you need try some different settings in NGS. You can also try looking at the surface settings of the skin itself and adjust them manually. Highlight the skin+lips and adjust the translucency weight. I bet if you reduce the translucency weight you will see this effect go away.

    And yes, use even lighting. You could also be seeing shadows.

  • Thanks Oso I tried the same figure with a different fwsa neutral environment and the difference is night and day. Now I am thorougholy confused

  • maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

    Would this (and/or the next version) work with Reality 4 DAZ-Studio Edition?

Sign In or Register to comment.