N.G.S. Anagenessis II - Revolution [Commercial]

Comments

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    jcbunn said:

Thought Dimension said he submitted it before christmas?

It's very complicated as it has more than 5000 code lines. It's like a program. So be patience please. Thank you very much! DZ

Patience is a vitue.  My virtue is .... well lets just say it went out the window with the bath water but I'm trying!  cheeky

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,689
    Sigurd said:

I am waiting patiently

So am I. Also trying to save some pennies too.

• Im very excited to see (and buy) NGS 3. Been wondering about it since '8' came out.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

Glad to see that this is still being worked on. Waiting im-patiently....lol.

Laurie

• Count me in as well in the excited party! I love this product (and use it almost daily) so the next one will be an instant buy!

• outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679
    I'm still interested. However, in the long time period that has passed since NGS2 I have learned a lot more about skin settings and feel a lot more confident in tackling them than before. It will be interesting to see what 3 can do, though. It is always interesting to see how different methods work, and NGS is quite unique.
  • inquireinquire Posts: 2,097

I, too, wish to join the list of those who are waiting. Don't want to put any undue pressure on the artist, but we are waiting for this. Better to get the code right and satisfactory to the artist, though.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,553
    I'm still interested. However, in the long time period that has passed since NGS2 I have learned a lot more about skin settings and feel a lot more confident in tackling them than before. It will be interesting to see what 3 can do, though. It is always interesting to see how different methods work, and NGS is quite unique.

Same here. I was never really impressed with the results I got using NGS2, probably because I picked it up late after I had learned to tweak things myself. I am interested is seeing what the new version brings for sure though.

• Fabricius ParmaFabricius Parma Posts: 67
    edited February 2019

NGS2 is very useful. With NGS3 it will be even better.

Post edited by Fabricius Parma on
  • RiggswolfeRiggswolfe Posts: 899

I can't find the answer here but I'm noticing that N.G.S. is making some of my characters too shiny again. I remember this was a problem after a Daz update but it got fixed and it seems to be happening again. Basically, my character's look like the glossy is too high or something and have a plasticy look. Is this happening to anyone else?

• alkenalken Posts: 253

I can't find the answer here but I'm noticing that N.G.S. is making some of my characters too shiny again. I remember this was a problem after a Daz update but it got fixed and it seems to be happening again. Basically, my character's look like the glossy is too high or something and have a plasticy look. Is this happening to anyone else?

The work-around that I use is to reset the material shaders to the old basic 3Delight, then apply NGS. That will get rid of the high shine in Iray.

• eaea Posts: 48

Riggswolfe that's maybe because of dual lobe settings. NGS2 doesn't work fine with dual lobe. You should try to higly reduce dual lobe parameters or even to set them to zero.

• RiggswolfeRiggswolfe Posts: 899
    ea said:

Riggswolfe that's maybe because of dual lobe settings. NGS2 doesn't work fine with dual lobe. You should try to higly reduce dual lobe parameters or even to set them to zero.

Dual lobe sounds familiar. I bet that was the setting that Daz added that broke it but I learned how to fix it. Thank you ea!

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,674

Any new news yet? We are waiting! :P

• Dimension-ZDimension-Z Posts: 352
    TheKD said:

Any new news yet? We are waiting! :P

Still developing. Thank you! DZ
  • inquireinquire Posts: 2,097

OK. I'm still watching and hopeful. I'm sure the wait will be worth it.

• Dimension-ZDimension-Z Posts: 352
    edited April 2019
    inquire said:

OK. I'm still watching and hopeful. I'm sure the wait will be worth it.

Thank you very much! I cant say anything for anybody or even more I cant judge nobody, as no one can realize how many problems I had to solve to create this tool. DZ
    Post edited by Dimension-Z on
  • Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116

Without having dug through this entire thread, will NGS work on a G8 figure that's using a V4 texture via V4 for G8F by Cayman?

• outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679
    Pixolygon said:

Without having dug through this entire thread, will NGS work on a G8 figure that's using a V4 texture via V4 for G8F by Cayman?

Sorry for the belated reply. It can work, but only if applied manually to each zone that Cayman creates. The script wont apply it to all the material zones since Cayman creates extra zones beyond the standard Genesis 8.
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    Pixolygon said:

I use NGS2 pretty much exclusive, and is also a reason I don't use Cayman's tools, as effective as they are. I convert all to G3, then apply them to G8 and run the NGS tool.

• Can't wait for the new version. Dimension-Z you're awesome keep up the good work

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    edited January 2020

It actually looks like a dead product (NGS 3). I hope it isn't but no updates, and the passage of closing in on three years since the release of G8, which would be a great shame as I love NGS2.

Post edited by nicstt on
  • eaea Posts: 48

Dimension-Z posted some new images on his deviantart page few months ago, but he was no able to announce a release date for NGS 3 :(

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

I, for one, am looking forward to it. Keep up the good work!

• LoonyLoony Posts: 1,801
    edited January 2020

I have no idea what this is, what do I see here? is that... new skins for my chars or what? xD

can someone explain it me? and wow 42pages... I just saw it because it was on Top of the commercial section :)

And, the post is from 2016 and the product say:

"Finally N.G.S. 2 works with any genesis figure (Genesis, Genesis 2, Genesis 3) males or females."

I guess 2016 was Gen8 not released? so this product isnt made for Gen8?

Post edited by Loony on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,022
    MrDarck said:

I have no idea what this is, what do I see here? is that... new skins for my chars or what? xD

Not new skins, new settings you can apply to various skins and figures to give them an alternate look, or to convert them to Iray.

MrDarck said:

so this product isnt made for Gen8?

There's no preset specific to G8 but the G3 presets should work with G8.

Leana said:
    MrDarck said:

Not new skins, new settings you can apply to various skins and figures to give them an alternate look, or to convert them to Iray.

MrDarck said:

so this product isnt made for Gen8?

There's no preset specific to G8 but the G3 presets should work with G8.

Could you make a screenshot with before/after how/what it would change? Like only from the belly/face?

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,016
    edited January 2020

I did some comparisons using NGS for another thread. Posting them here as well:

Lee full-res here

Jax for The Guy 7.png
    2775 x 1400 - 4M
    Post edited by FenixPhoenix on
    edited January 2020

Hmm looks not bad, but I guess its more a product for really close up images. I make the most times just Scenes where you take a fokus on the full Scene and lesser on such details :D

But thanks for showing it to me :)

Post edited by Loony on
  • nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,256
    MrDarck said:

Hmm looks not bad, but I guess its more a product for really close up images. I make the most times just Scenes where you take a fokus on the full Scene and lesser on such details :D

But thanks for showing it to me :)

Actually, one advantage is medium and distance scenes is the increase in speed... the figures literally has less maps to load and render faster.  The few shots of NGS 3 look fantastic and I regularly use NGS  2.