Michael 6 Render Thread

Comments

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

Here's one I did yesterday,

It's M6 with the Elite Dave texture and Add Some Veins. Dave is a bit of an anomaly, he's an M5 texture, but, everything you apply the materials with isn't DUF so G2 doesn't recognise it. What I did was to use the M4 Skins Auto Converter and then change the UV to M5 when I was done. The lighting is the Day 07 preset from the Lantios Portrait Lights but with the UE replaced with the AAL.

This is definitely one of my favourite renders

CHEERS!

PS (I may do an HD version soon.)

Coursing.jpg
    576 x 745 - 229K
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:

Here's one I did yesterday,

It's M6 with the Elite Dave texture and Add Some Veins. Dave is a bit of an anomaly, he's an M5 texture, but, everything you apply the materials with isn't DUF so G2 doesn't recognise it. What I did was to use the M4 Skins Auto Converter and then change the UV to M5 when I was done. The lighting is the Day 07 preset from the Lantios Portrait Lights but with the UE replaced with the AAL.

This is definitely one of my favourite renders

CHEERS!

PS (I may do an HD version soon.)

Very cool! I'm afraid Elite Dave will have an elite stroke if he keeps straining like that, though. :)
    edited December 1969

LOL! Thanks,

I wanted to make it look like he was about to transform or was being taken over by some alien virus.

CHEERS!

• edited December 2013

Darc looks pretty good. PA 2013 Holiday Giveaway item.

(rendered in Poser Pro 2014 via DSON Importer)

DARCGen2Male.png
    480 x 640 - 264K
    Post edited by ibr_remote aka infinity10 on
    edited December 1969

Well, I bought both the M6 and V6 HD packages,

I've only had chance to work with M6 HD so far. I really like the Bjorn texture, but, the morphs are a little underwhelming. They're something that could have been incorporated with G2 from the get go and not shoehorned in later as a marketing ploy. The textures were worth the money, but, not sure yet about the morphs.

The eyes are the G2M preset from Reinterjection, I don't know why but the standard ones look odd and the tear renders bright white.

Bjorn's expression is a bit like mine right now.....

CHEERS!

M6_HD_AAL.jpg
    576 x 745 - 222K
  • ErdehelErdehel Posts: 386
    edited December 1969

Been working with Bjorn too. He is a fine character IMO. I am still working on this picture. I think that the final (and bigger) result will be on my Deviantart page this WE. I must say I am quite impressed by M6 HD. Best male character ever. :coolcheese:

Bjorn_Demoniac_Seducer_v3sb_(PSD).jpg
    565 x 800 - 129K
    edited December 1969

Great render,

Perhaps he'll grow on me...

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

I changed Bjorn's shader settings to those of the M6 texture and he looked better, then I came up with this guy:

CHEERS!

M6_HD_Stylin.jpg
    576 x 745 - 285K
  • IyakooIyakoo Posts: 7
    edited December 1969

M6 with base texture.
    Nothing much to do with the facial features but the body morph and Nevio textures are really superb!

M6_Surfboard.jpg
    1700 x 1987 - 484K
    edited December 1969

On reflection, there is a chance that my Bjorn render may have looked better if I hadn't used such a silly pose. What lights are you using as Nevio tends to look a little orange with the ones I'm using, which is the Day 07 preset from the Lantios Portrait Lights, but with the UE swapped for the AAL.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

ID9048088 said:
    M6 with base texture.
    Nothing much to do with the facial features but the body morph and Nevio textures are really superb!

He looks good! And indeed the Nevio textures are just stunning.

edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:

What lights are you using as Nevio tends to look a little orange with the ones I'm using, which is the Day 07 preset from the Lantios Portrait Lights, but with the UE swapped for the AAL.

CHEERS!

I use light preset from AIDEN for M5. + 1 distant light from the back and adjust all distant lights to a little bit blue shade.
    The skin I only adjust on specular 1&2 like 110%+... Oooh...shiny xD

edited December 2013

ID9048088 said:

I use light preset from AIDEN for M5. + 1 distant light from the back and adjust all distant lights to a little bit blue shade.
    The skin I only adjust on specular 1&2 like 110%+... Oooh...shiny xD

Cool,

I'm favouring the Advanced Ambient Light because you can flag things in order to decrease render times. The render below used FiberMesh hair, and even with the hair flagged it took over 4 1/2 hours to complete! Had I used an UberEnvironment light I get a horrible feeling it would still be rendering!

Incidentally, how long did your render take?

CHEERS!

M6_Guillaume_Hair_New.jpg
    576 x 745 - 245K
    Post edited by Rogerbee on
  • JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

With fibermesh hair, there are no transmaps, so you could render using primitive hitmode as well as alt samples if you wanted an even quicker render time.

edited December 1969

I know, that was done using primitive hitmode and alt samples, LOL! That was the 'even quicker' render time!

CHEERS!

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

ouch, hehehe

edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:

Incidentally, how long did your render take?

As it contain no hair in the scene.
    For this pic it took less than 10 minutes but if I apply M4 HD add-on shape it'd took more than half an hour.
    edited December 1969

ID9048088 said:

As it contain no hair in the scene.
    For this pic it took less than 10 minutes but if I apply M4 HD add-on shape it'd took more than half an hour.

That's pretty good!

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

I took a punt with Neftis' Goya Hair, after converting it to conforming hair, it worked really well. This time the render took just under an hour. I turned off the specular on the tear and the eyes look a lot better.

CHEERS!

M6_Bjorn_Goya_01.jpg
    576 x 745 - 235K
  • Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Michael 6 on the right with his family. Victoria 6 on the left. The boy has a little M6 dialled in using Zev0's Growing Up morphs while the girls have a bit of V6 dialled in with other morphs. I think it's Michael's new look that makes him so appropriate for fatherhood. Either that or I'm just weird.

Family_Time_web.jpg
    1250 x 1042 - 926K
    edited December 1969

Very nice,

That last one of mine looked a little dull, so, I upped the specular values on the skin and I think it looks a load better now.

CHEERS!

M6_Bjorn_Goya_01.jpg
    576 x 745 - 245K
    edited December 1969

I think it's Michael's new look that makes him so appropriate for fatherhood. Either that or I'm just weird.

Nope, just maybe a little too conventional. He is a good looking man fit for every situation.

LOL

edited December 1969

Michael 6 on the right with his family. Victoria 6 on the left. The boy has a little M6 dialled in using Zev0's Growing Up morphs while the girls have a bit of V6 dialled in with other morphs. I think it's Michael's new look that makes him so appropriate for fatherhood. Either that or I'm just weird.

It does look a bit like someone nicked all the presents!

Merry Christmas!!

CHEERS!

edited December 2013

I looked again at Bjorn to see what I'd changed, and it was the specular glossiness levels and not the strength levels. Still, I like the effect anyway, also Bjorn had white set as the specular 2 colour.

Turn the Specular Glossiness up to 50% and the Specular 2 Glossiness up to 60%.

The Nevio texture looks better now.

Have fun!!

CHEERS!

M6_AAL_New.jpg
    576 x 745 - 230K
    Post edited by Rogerbee on
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited December 2013

Rogerbee said:

I looked again at Bjorn to see what I'd changed, and it was the specular glossiness levels and not the strength levels. Still, I like the effect anyway, also Bjorn had white set as the specular 2 colour.

Turn the Specular Glossiness up to 50% and the Specular 2 Glossiness up to 60%.

The Nevio texture looks better now.

Have fun!!

CHEERS!

Settings were made to be tweaked. :lol:
    Post edited by TJohn on
    edited December 1969

Indeed,

I then added in Bjorn's specular colour (225 237 255) and I think it looks even better. He looked so dull and orange before!

CHEERS!

M6_AAL_New.jpg
    576 x 745 - 233K
  • edited December 2013

Have another neo-ninja boy render to close the year.

( I think he looks like Hyde of Japanese rock band L'arc-en-Ciel).

Done in Poser Pro 2014.

Neo-Ninja01.jpg
    480 x 640 - 213K
    Post edited by ibr_remote aka infinity10 on
    edited December 2013

Rogerbee said:

Indeed,

I then added in Bjorn's specular colour (225 237 255) and I think it looks even better. He looked so dull and orange before!

CHEERS!
    Is it because of the light that make it orange tone?
    He looks great with this setting btw xD

One more render.
    Looks familiar in this angle, can't put my finger on it.
    --------------
    Edit*

I know him he's my husband!
    Oh wait...no he isn't lol
    Anyway, nice renders everyone, this is one of my favorite threads ^^

Add veins , HD add-on and fuzz.
    Now this is what husband should be!

M6_HD_Sitting_Veins_Hairy.jpg
    1500 x 1500 - 424K
    M6_HD_Sitting.jpg
    1500 x 1506 - 353K
    Post edited by Iyakoo on
    edited December 1969

Have another neo-ninja boy render to close the year.

( I think he looks like Hyde of Japanese rock band L'arc-en-Ciel).

Done in Poser Pro 2014.

Pretty cool, and certainly different.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

ID9048088 said:

Is it because of the light that make it orange tone?
    He looks great with this setting btw xD

One more render.
    Looks familiar in this angle, can't put my finger on it.

I don't know, as far as I know, none of my lights have any colour to them. The AAL is straight out of the box. I looked at the textures themselves and Nevio's is definitely more tanned than Bjorn's.

I'll have to have another look at the shader settings...

CHEERS!