DAZ Studio Pro 4.6.1.39 - General Release - Update!

DAZ_BrianDAZ_Brian Posts: 345
edited January 2014 in Daz Studio Discussion

DAZ 3D is pleased to announce the next General Release version of the DAZ Studio Pro - version 4.6.1.39!

Another build, so soon?

Yes. We want to provide access to builds that fix issues you may have encountered in the General Release, earlier and more frequently.

What is new in this version? Do I need to update my copy?

The 4.6.1.39 version resolves several issues and implements several improvements since the 4.6.1.33 General Release. More detail on specific fixes/changes/improvements can be found in the Change Log, which can be viewed online within the Documentation Center portion of our site. All new downloads of the DAZ Studio 4.6 Pro product (SKU: 13176) will be of this version.

Highlights are:
1) Replaced the [Lesson Strip] Welcome page with a help "Home" page; a hub for providing quick access to various forms of help
2) Added a "Home..." action
3) Fixed a naming issue in the Startup Wizard, allowing the Home and Scene Builder dialogs to record/apply independent size and placement
4) Reworked the Help menu; replaced various help action classes to clarify purpose; users should run the ./Scripts/Utilities/Update and Merge Menus script
5) Tweaked the Help Browser action to open the window at a size that causes little or no horizontal scrolling; dependent on available screen resolution
6) Replaced Activity Bar buttons with "Home", "My Account", and "My Gallery" buttons
7) Updated various help related URLs
8) Updated the Help pane index
9) Fixed #DSON-5: Fixed read/write of presets to correctly read/write the name in modifier paths instead of asset ids; modifier paths use the name scheme; read falls back to asset ids if name cannot be found, to preserve backward compatibility; new saves cannot be read correctly by prior versions as their reader [incorrectly] operates on asset ids instead of name
10) Fixed #DS-231: LOD Mesh resolutions did not loaded correctly via PowerLoader
11) Fixed a crash when nodes are deleted during load
12) Improved feedback (progress) while waiting for metadata import
13) Updated default interface files; actions, menus, toolbars
14) Updated default styles; added several help related icons
15) Fixed an issue where the "Do not show this again" option in the Startup Wizard was not being respected in some cases for some pages
16) Added a scroll area to the Create Property dialog
17) Fixed some sizing issues on the Create Property dialog
18) Holding the Ctrl/Cmd key when the log action is triggered will now open the native file browser to the log file; as opposed to opening the log file itself
19) Added and/or updated various script APIs; DzApp, DzStyle, DzWidget, DzLabel, DzLineEdit, DzScrollArea and DzTabWidget
20) Added support for labels finding images in resources folders; specify the image with "resources:path/to/image.ext"

Have the Genesis Starter Essentials, the Genesis 2 Starter Essentials (Male/Female), or the Default Lights and Shaders packages been updated too?

Yes, there have been several changes to the starter essential packages.

Genesis Starter Essentials
Fixed hair poses in Fiery Genesis Tutorial
Added Scene Builder files in /Scene Builder/Starter Essentials
Alchemy Chasm Lights
Alchemy Chasm
Dragon Slayer
Fiery Genesis Lights
Fiery Genesis

Genesis 2 Male Starter Essentials
Added Multiplane Cyclorama beach scene
Fixed Phillip Specular MATs
Fixed Phillip SSS MATs
Fixed Phillip limb textures that were missing parts
Surfer Guy Beach Lights
Surfer Guy Beach
Surfer Guy

Genesis 2 Female Starter Essentials
Barefoot Dancer Lights
Barefoot Dancer
Shaded Haven

*Note: Install Manager users are notified of product updates when they occur.

How do I get the latest version?

If you have previously added the DAZ Studio 4.6 Pro product to your account, launch Install Manager, log into your account and type "DAZ Studio 4.6" into the filter field to filter out anything else. Then simply download and install as you would normally.

Optionally, you can locate, download and install DAZ Studio Pro from the Product Library [once you are logged into your account] by entering "DAZ Studio 4.6 Pro" into the text field near the top left of the page and clicking the "Filter" button, or by clicking here. Then, simply click the green "download & install" button to launch Install Manager with an appropriate filter or click the blue "download" button to download the standalone installer.

If this is your first time downloading DAZ Studio Pro, simply follow this link, click the "Add to Cart" button on the page and then follow the checkout process.

*Note: This General Release version is available through Install Manager as well as a standalone installer.

Can I have the General Release and the BETA installed at the same time?

Yes! You can have both the General Release and a Public Build (as well as a Private Build, for those involved in that endeavor), of the same major version, installed at the same time. Please be aware that the settings for each of the builds are stored independent of each other. This includes mapped content directories, layout, style and style colors, among many others.

What about the plugins I have?

The DAZ Studio 4.5 SDK has not changed in any way that causes it to be binary incompatible with the current release, which means that any plugins created for a previous version of DAZ Studio 4.5 (i.e. 4.5.0.100+) should continue to load and function in this version. That said, as with any new release, there is always the possibility that a plugin has had bugs fixed or features added, so the latest versions should be downloaded and installed if they are provided.

Some plugins that are currently built/produced by DAZ 3D will provide a separate package that is specifically intended for use with this General Release; these packages will not contain "Public Build" in the package name, as that moniker is used for pre-release builds. 3rd party plugins that DAZ 3D creates install packages for will be updated to allow simultaneous installation into the General Release and the pre-release builds. These packages will display as "Product Updates" within Install Manager once they have been updated.

Is there any documentation?

Yes. Be sure to check out the User Guide and QuickStart Guide that we've recently posted in the DAZ Studio 4.x Documentation section.

Post edited by DAZ_Brian on

Comments

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

what is the "Scene builder" file that is in the product library with the new version of DS 4.6? I haven't noticed that before.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Are highlights 5 and 9 supposed to be the same, or did one of them get pasted over the text that should be there?

I was holding off on updating due to the reported glitches in the last version, I think I'll try this one if nothing goes >clunk<.</p>

• JeadorJeador Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Clicking on the download link for DAZ Studio: "DAZ 3D is pleased to announce the next General Release version of the DAZ Studio Pro - version 4.6.1.39!" on first page brings up a 404 error. Are there any other links to the latest version of DS? Thanks.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Jeador said:
    Clicking on the download link for DAZ Studio: "DAZ 3D is pleased to announce the next General Release version of the DAZ Studio Pro - version 4.6.1.39!" on first page brings up a 404 error. Are there any other links to the latest version of DS? Thanks.

http://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files/#prod_13176
    will go to DS4.6 in your Product Library, or DIM will show it under Ready to Download.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

jakiblue said:
    what is the "Scene builder" file that is in the product library with the new version of DS 4.6? I haven't noticed that before.
    Yep, Wondering that myself.
  • MisumuMisumu Posts: 10
    edited December 1969

Content manager still does not work. Without that the Genesis M6 and V6 content still does not work properly

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 2013

Greetings,
    Having installed it (it's 1K!) it appears to be a tiny JSON-based 'wizard' for creating a scene (or, perhaps better phrased, a trivial example of a wizard), where you select a figure (Barefoot Dancer, Surfer Guy, Dragon Slayer, or Fiery Genesis), an environment (Shaded Haven, a cyclorama beach, or Alchemy Chasm), and the lighting set you'd like.

I kind of like the idea; provide a set of DUF files which interact in some semi-consistent way, and build a wizard that lets you build the base scene up out of pre-existing pieces.

-- Morgan

Post edited by CypherFOX on
  • GranvilleGranville Posts: 679
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the update:
    I ran the script as suggested:
    " Reworked the Help menu; replaced various help action classes to clarify purpose; users should run the ./Scripts/Utilities/Update and Merge Menus script"

But now my custom script menu is the first menu even before the file menu.

Daz_studio_menu.PNG
    375 x 26 - 2K
  • DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,890
    edited December 1969

jakiblue said:

Jaderail said:
    Yep, Wondering that myself.

You need to enable the "Show Welcome Page" - Edit / Preferences / Startup

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,890
    edited December 1969

Misumu said:
    Content manager still does not work. Without that the Genesis M6 and V6 content still does not work properly

What do you mean it still doesn't work? Is CMS running when using DAZ Studio?

• SiscaSisca Posts: 875
    edited December 1969

Ran the /scripts/utilities/update and merge menus as suggested but got the following error and now my Scripts menu is missing completely.

Executing DAZ Script file: C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/Scripts/Utilities/Update and Merge Menus.dse
    WARNING: Script Error: Line 656
    WARNING: SyntaxError: Unable to parse JSON string
    WARNING: Stack Trace:
    ()@:656
    Error in script execution!

Someone please tell me there is a way to get the script menu back to the way it was without having to go through and rebuild it by hand.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,718
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the update:
    I ran the script as suggested:
    " Reworked the Help menu; replaced various help action classes to clarify purpose; users should run the ./Scripts/Utilities/Update and Merge Menus script"

But now my custom script menu is the first menu even before the file menu.

Window>Workspace>Customise>Menus tab will let you reorder them again.

edited December 2013

Sisca said:
    Ran the /scripts/utilities/update and merge menus as suggested but got the following error and now my Scripts menu is missing completely.

Executing DAZ Script file: C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/Scripts/Utilities/Update and Merge Menus.dse

Someone please tell me there is a way to get the script menu back to the way it was without having to go through and rebuild it by hand.

If you have a recent version of Windows (or a Mac with Time Machine, but I'm not sure of the locations) you can restore the file but going to C:\Users\You\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\ and right-clicking on the menus.dsx file, and selecting Restore Previous Versions (with DS closed).

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • azoohouseazoohouse Posts: 660
    edited December 1969

I ran the download manager this morning and installed all of the updates. I noticed when I checked the plug-ins installed that Garibaldi Hair was missing. I deleted the plug-in using the control panel in Windows7. I reset, downloaded and installed Garibaldi once again. I rebooted twice during the process of uninstalling and reinstalling. DazStudio does not acknowledge the plug-in however I checked using explorer and the file is located in C:/program files/DAZ3D/DAZStudio4/plugins. I'm totally lost as to how to make it work now. Anyone else having issues with the plug-in after this update?

• SiscaSisca Posts: 875
    edited December 1969

Sisca said:

If you have a recent version of Windows (or a Mac with Time Machine, but I'm not sure of the locations) you can restore the file but going to C:\Users\You\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\ and right-clicking on the menus.dsx file, and selecting Restore Previous Versions (with DS closed).

Running Windows 8.1 and I don't have that option when I right click the file (or any file). Guess I'll be spending another 2 hours rebuilding the menu. This time I'll remember to save it out before I let DS do anything else to it.

I should have known better than to run a script just because it was recommended.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited December 2013

azoohouse said:
    I ran the download manager this morning and installed all of the updates. I noticed when I checked the plug-ins installed that Garibaldi Hair was missing. I deleted the plug-in using the control panel in Windows7. I reset, downloaded and installed Garibaldi once again. I rebooted twice during the process of uninstalling and reinstalling. DazStudio does not acknowledge the plug-in however I checked using explorer and the file is located in C:/program files/DAZ3D/DAZStudio4/plugins. I'm totally lost as to how to make it work now. Anyone else having issues with the plug-in after this update?

I'm using Win8 and Garibaldi plugin is working for me.
    Post edited by TJohn on
    edited December 1969

OK, thanks for replying. I guess it's just my problem.

edited December 2013

Have you Checked the About Plugins in the Help menu? Does Baldi even list? and if it does what is the Icon like? Red yellow Green?

Another question is DAZ installed by DIM? And was the last version of DAZ installed with DIM or by hand?

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Have you Checked the About Plugins in the Help menu? Does Baldi even list? and if it does what is the Icon like? Red yellow Green?

Another question is DAZ installed by DIM? And was the last version of DAZ installed with DIM or by hand?

Thanks for replying. I got it fixed after I learned it was just me having a problem. I found that it needed to be installed to a completely different location. Somehow during the course of updates and upgrades my DazStudio Application had gotten moved but not the plugins. My content is a mess too with files everywhere but at least the software is functioning again. Thanks again and Happy Holidays!

edited December 1969

azoohouse said:
    Thanks for replying. I got it fixed after I learned it was just me having a problem. I found that it needed to be installed to a completely different location. Somehow during the course of updates and upgrades my DazStudio Application had gotten moved but not the plugins. My content is a mess too with files everywhere but at least the software is functioning again. Thanks again and Happy Holidays!
    I'm pretty good with content as well, hand installed, exe installed or DIM installed. If you like, start a thread in the New Users Help Forum and Others and I will do our best to get you fixed up.
  • SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Sisca said:

---

Exact same thing happened to me. Your solution worked perfectly. Thanks!

• LocusSolusLocusSolus Posts: 59
    edited December 2013

Scene Builder : Looks very nice, a good idea which desserves to be developped.
    ===========

Is it planed to be customised ?

-> ability to reload it in the purpose to change inial choice with another one, that supposes letting access to it somewhere in the menu (The script does not show in the "scripts" menu).
    -> ability to save (some complex lighting-rig as an example) in the "SAVE AS: scene builder option" menu,
    -> etc...

Just because typing commands in a script editor is not my first passion :)

Post edited by LocusSolus on
    edited December 1969

Spit said:
    Sisca said:

---

Exact same thing happened to me. Your solution worked perfectly. Thanks!

I should have said this to Sisca but with two people seeing it the issue definitely needs to be reported. If you can attach the original scripts.dsx and the one that has gone awry.

• borkiaborkia Posts: 8
    edited December 1969

Could not make Content manager work correct after update :(

All my content is still available via "Daz Studio formats" or "Poser Formats" but no content in "Products", "categories" and "smart content" :(

I`ve reinstall DazStudio as described in https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/entries/22523891-Trouble-shooting-the-Smart-Content-Pane - nothing changed.

I tried to follow http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/33496/#497671 instructions and found out that only master.vdb was created...

I`ve tried to start and stop Daz Content Management Servise, but with no positive result. No ContentDB files....

Any ideas?

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited December 1969

borkia said:

All my content is still available via "Daz Studio formats" or "Poser Formats" but no content in "Products", "categories" and "smart content" :(

I`ve reinstall DazStudio as described in https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/entries/22523891-Trouble-shooting-the-Smart-Content-Pane - nothing changed.

I tried to follow http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/33496/#497671 instructions and found out that only master.vdb was created...

I`ve tried to start and stop Daz Content Management Servise, but with no positive result. No ContentDB files....

Any ideas?

Sounds like a corrupt database. Happened to me once. Read through this thread:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/22686/
    Look for the database to take a long time to rebuild if you have a lot of content.
    John
  • borkiaborkia Posts: 8
    edited December 1969

borkia said:

I`ve tried to start and stop Daz Content Management Service, but with no positive result. No ContentDB files....

Any ideas?

Fixed.
    Problem was that CMS did not created new database after installation (it was started as service and as process in Win 7 but did not do anything).

I completely remove the Daz Studio, CMS and even all content, and than installed old version of Daz - Daz studio 4.5. New database was created in right way. Than i install new version of Daz and now it`s a long way to install back all my content :)

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited December 1969

my stupid question of the day (I get 5): Do the 4.6.2.x updates already have the fixes added to 4.6.1.39? I'm assuming these are worked on chronologically but the word assume has a tendency to be a loaded word when it collaborates with my chi.

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

my stupid question of the day (I get 5): Do the 4.6.2.x updates already have the fixes added to 4.6.1.39? I'm assuming these are worked on chronologically but the word assume has a tendency to be a loaded word when it collaborates with my chi.
    Not yet. We are working on a build of 4.6.2 beta that does.
  • StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited December 1969

thanks!
    Follow up question: is there a distinct possibility of a 4.6.2.x general release before end of the year?

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

thanks!
    Follow up question: is there a distinct possibility of a 4.6.2.x general release before end of the year?Given the current date, I wouldn't expect it by the end of the year.