DAZ Studio Pro 4.6.1.39 - General Release - Update!

Comments

• BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited December 1969

Ok ran that script I it said that it fixed 4 items it created the new file but then got the the bio superjeans were broken! Will see how it goes..

edited January 2014

Genesis figures also don't load up dressed properly what is the deal with this?

Untitled.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 147K
    Post edited by Bobvan on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Is that native Genesis clothing autofit, dynamic?

edited January 2014

Sadly native to genesis I have had this happen on several occasions

Post edited by Bobvan on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,553
    edited December 1969

I have to compliment the team that these latest versions of daz seems more stable. It used to be sometimes I would adjust a shape parameter and the software would unexpectedly quit. This no longer happens. I haven't seen that happen since the latest updates.

Thanks! That was very frustrating.

• CMacksCMacks Posts: 202
    edited December 1969

Bobvan said:
    Ok ran that script I it said that it fixed 4 items it created the new file but then got the the bio superjeans were broken! Will see how it goes..

Sorry, I forgot to mention that the script didn't seem to help for me. I only tried it on a couple of scenes. Seems like some scenes load fine and other do not.

edited December 1969

Figures.....

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

Bobvan said:
    What she said and there is no reason all expression morphs should be lost breaking my saved scene...I'm sorry but this irritates me to no end...

If I start a new v4 from DAZ> people inject character inject the fix shoulders add hair blah blah blah save character when I then reload saved character the shoulder morphs are missing...I tried refreshing the BAT files ect ect..

Did you file a bug report?
    edited December 1969

Bobvan said:
    What she said and there is no reason all expression morphs should be lost breaking my saved scene...I'm sorry but this irritates me to no end...

If I start a new v4 from DAZ> people inject character inject the fix shoulders add hair blah blah blah save character when I then reload saved character the shoulder morphs are missing...I tried refreshing the BAT files ect ect..

Did you file a bug report? Never mind. It is fixed in the current Public Beta, so will be fixed in the next release version as well.
    edited December 1969

I dont do betas since thy force you to use DIM we shall see...

• StrixowlStrixowl Posts: 301
    edited December 1969

Sounds like a mess. No update for me at this time. :(

edited December 1969

Strixowl said:
    Sounds like what is a Mess?
  • StrixowlStrixowl Posts: 301
    edited December 1969

Strixowl said:

The install with the script etc. Read the thread all the way through. Doesn't seem like a straight up install, but an extra step which may break things. Seems like folks are having problems. Am I not understanding something here?

• CMacksCMacks Posts: 202
    edited December 1969

Bobvan said:

Never mind. It is fixed in the current Public Beta, so will be fixed in the next release version as well.

This sounds promising! Do you have a link to the bug report so I can look? I always have trouble finding bug reports ever since the switch from the old system.

edited December 1969

Strixowl said:
    Strixowl said:

The install with the script etc. Read the thread all the way through. Doesn't seem like a straight up install, but an extra step which may break things. Seems like folks are having problems. Am I not understanding something here?The script is optional. It is a, relatively, new thing so you keep menu and layout customizations even when we fix or add something that requires a layout refresh to see it. It is a one time thing so DS can record things it needs to know what is customized in your layout. After the first time running the script will update the interface without losing your customizations.

edited December 1969

CMacks said:
    Bobvan said:

Never mind. It is fixed in the current Public Beta, so will be fixed in the next release version as well.

This sounds promising! Do you have a link to the bug report so I can look? I always have trouble finding bug reports ever since the switch from the old system.We are still waiting on the fix to Zendesk that will allow public bugs. It should be in the change log, and in the current Public Beta.

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited January 2014

With all these V4 problems in DS 4.6, a possible solution, when GenX 2 comes out, would be to transfer all the V4 morphs to G2M. G2M has all the material zones that V4 has. If a native V4 won't do what you want anymore, you could soon try a G2M version with transferred morphs. It's likely that the Simple Details shoulder fix could be transferred too, I may even have done so with Genesis, I can't quite recall.

One thing I'd like to see in a new version of DS is an upgraded Autofit that won't mangle the geometry of any clothing for M4/V4, regardless of whether it came from the Daz Store.

CHEERS!

Post edited by Rogerbee on
  • BackDoor3DBackDoor3D Posts: 160
    edited December 1969

To all the staff at DAZ. You guys (and girls) ROCK!!

The new Gen Release is if I may say so, AWESOME!!!!

Love it, love it.....Love It!

edited December 1969

I was just thinking about some of the DS issues that you guys have been having and one thing stuck, how many of you are using the DIM to download and install DS!? Could the DIM be messing things up somewhere!? I download everything manually and use 7Zip to install stuff from zips and have had zero issues after using it.

I'd try a manual download and install and see how you go with it

CHEERS!

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

I have just done an brand new installation on a new PC all with DIM and customised and everything seems to be working just fine.

edited December 1969

Oh, ok, it was just a thought, being as I've not had any major issues with DS 4. since I started using it.

CHEERS!

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Same hear, from DS2 to DS4.6 the only problems I have had are PC power related.

• JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744
    edited December 1969

The only problems I have consistently had in DAZ Studio have been with the content manager database. Losing categories, failing to identify content that I can clearly see is there when I navigate the folder structure in Windows Explorer, corrupted databases, etc.

edited December 1969

The CMS is another thing that I've never used, the ordinary content library tells me all I need to know.

CHEERS!

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

DIM works Fine if set up properly, I'm 100% Dim install. And here is a tip for CMS and Database Errors. They say it does not matter but from personal experience I say it does. NEVER install content with DAZ Studio open. That CAN and HAS for me caused errors in the DATABASE file on more than one occasion. This is possible as I have done it twice in just one month. DS closed no Errors, DS open Database Crash, not every install but on enough to matter.

• Kevin SandersonKevin Sanderson Posts: 1,643
    edited December 1969

My general rule of thumb is not to install anything with a program open. Probably comes from all the older programs that made you close a program if you were going to install an update, etc. Some web plugins still do that - close the browser window, then install.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

My general rule of thumb is not to install anything with a program open. Probably comes from all the older programs that made you close a program if you were going to install an update, etc. Some web plugins still do that - close the browser window, then install.
    I often Render to File with DAZ Studio Minimized. Those times I just overlooked that DS was open. Many users could do this as well and New users would not think of it as a cause as DS and DIM will both run happily at the same time.
    edited December 1969

Yeah, about the only thing I have open when installing things is Waterfox when installing plug-ins, apart from that it is definitely wise to close whatever program you're installing to.

CHEERS!

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
    edited December 1969

Thanks for mentioning Waterfox. I stopped using it a year or so ago because it was a bit buggy but now it's matured code seems all straightened out and it's my new default! :-)

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

I concur that database stability is an issue that I would love to have addressed.