Look at my Hair (LAMH) Official Thread: update 1.6.0.2 released

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155
    edited September 2019

DIM installed the updates for me, but when I load the Catalyzer lion with Real Fur for Big Cat 2, I get this error message. 

Screenshot 2019-09-18 11.41.48.png
    299 x 101 - 5K
    Post edited by barbult on
  • barbult said:

DIM installed the updates for me, but when I load the Catalyzer lion with Real Fur for Big Cat 2, I get this error message. 

That should be only a warning, you can press OK and discard it.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

I was pretty surprised to see in DIM updates to download for both Catalyzer & LAMH so I downloaded them & installed them.

Good. That is normal for installing updates via DIM.

However, now each type I start DIM LAMH for DAZ Studio 4.5+ (Win 64 bit) and LAHM2Iray Catalyzer for DAZ Studio 4.8+ (Win 64-bit) are showing up in my Ready to Install in DIM. If I installed them and quite DIM they'll be there to install via DIM next time I start DIM.

That is a bug! Ever though practically speaking from here on out I will be using SBH those two products should be fixed because all of Alessandro's animal products that use LAMH for fur are not broken. Also, my installed product count has dropped from 4074  to 4072.

Some users have reported that only the Catalyzer manual is showing up (and the plugin doesn't). I've just asked DAZ if they could check things, very likely a store glitch.

No, it was my fault! I had DAZ Studio PB running when I tried to upgrade. Soon as I exiting DS & installed the plugins they worked.

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342

Just a note. If you're installing or updating a plug in, do it seperately.

I opened DIM and had twenty updates! I selected all and clicked on "Start Queue". Went into the kitchen for a bit. Came back and all were installed except Catalyzer which said 'Install Failed!".

Toodled around a bit and realized it was probably a permissions thing.

Hit install again and the UAC window came up and I gave it permission and it installed fine.

I never saw that during the batch run (I was away from the PC) and perhaps it had timed out or something.

• On Win10 with LAMH Player 1.6 and I also have Catalyzer 1.7. both installed through DIM.

In the catalyzer plugin panel I see a blue render button and can render normally.

But int the LAMH Player I seem to have suddenly lost the render button after I attached the fur. I do this for the Hivewire cat, as it doesn't have a catalyser preset.

I checked the plugins both are activated. Any idea how I can get the render button back in the Player? Thanks for your ideas.

Capture.JPG
    408 x 647 - 39K
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,142

Was there ever a Render button in LAMH player? I though you just do a normal 3Delight render and any LAMH hair in the scene is automatically rendered.

(The Catalyzer is different in that you have to use it's own Render button)

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155
    MelanieL said:

Was there ever a Render button in LAMH player? I though you just do a normal 3Delight render and any LAMH hair in the scene is automatically rendered.

(The Catalyzer is different in that you have to use it's own Render button)

I believe you are correct.

• I exclusively use 3DL .. All I do is render and LAMH works great ... I don't buy an animal anymore without it. :)

• Eeeeeee ... I can't wait to play with the new lion!!! ... Thanks, Alessandro Mastronardi  kiss

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,253

Any issues with either the full plugin or the Player with 4.12? I'm talking about the 3DL version, but I'm sure people are interested in the Catalyzer for Iray as well. Is an update needed, or just reinstall in the new version and reactivate?

• JOdel said:

Any issues with either the full plugin or the Player with 4.12? I'm talking about the 3DL version, but I'm sure people are interested in the Catalyzer for Iray as well. Is an update needed, or just reinstall in the new version and reactivate?

I'd like to know the same for 4.11 (3DL) ... I refuse to upgrade until I see others having fewer problem with the newest version. I tend to wait a year or more.

• From my own experience there is nothing broken with LAMH and 4.12.

• sapatsapat Posts: 1,735

Is the add-on dforce hair of more use to animators than ppl like me who only do static renders?  Does the mane have enough rigged morphs to give it the appearance of movement?

• Being a LAMH model, wouldn't any movement of the mane be done in the LAMH editor? Of course, I've never learned how to mess with the presets, but would love a detailed youtube video showing me how :D

• Wonderful cover, WillowRaven!

• Wonderful cover, WillowRaven!

Thank you :) The fox steals the show. Right?

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043

I just updated an old render using Red Fox from no hair to the Catalyzer Fox. When I tried to load the Catalyzer Fox Studio 4.12 crashed immediately. I loaded the scene and tried again, same thing. This time I looked at the Crash Report and it said something about dual node names. I loaded the scene again and this time deleted the original fox before loading the Catalyzer one and it worked. I have attached the image. I don't know if that is a Studio 4.12 problem or the Catalyzer Plugin problem.

2019-09-30 00:57:08.248 Total Rendering Time: 2 hours 38 minutes 51.63 seconds

Click on image for full size.

• sapat said:

Is the add-on dforce hair of more use to animators than ppl like me who only do static renders?  Does the mane have enough rigged morphs to give it the appearance of movement?

Hi sapat, I'd say that if you need a responsive mane (for movement or wind etc.) the dForce add-on would be advised.

sapat said:

Hi sapat, I'd say that if you need a responsive mane (for movement or wind etc.) the dForce add-on would be advised.

Great, thanks!

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,438

i bought the newest version of LAMH a month or so ago ... now I see talk with the new lion that something called "catalyzer" is needed for LAMH to work in Iray .... 
    Is that true?

• daveso said:

i bought the newest version of LAMH a month or so ago ... now I see talk with the new lion that something called "catalyzer" is needed for LAMH to work in Iray .... 
    Is that true?

If you have LAMH (https://www.daz3d.com/look-at-my-hair), you can render natively in 3Delight, and eventually it offers also the possibility to convert to OBJ and render in Iray as well.
    Or, given that all my products come also with Catalyzer presets, if you get also the Catalyzer plugin (https://www.daz3d.com/lamh-2-iray-catalyzer), you can easily render directly to Iray (more information here: https://www.alessandromastronardi.com/blog/lamh2iray-catalyzer/)

edited September 2019

Allessandro or Kendall 

I'm unable to get the 'to OBJ' to work. I load the animal (HW BigDog-live in HW store), change animal default materials to Iray, and press 'to OBJ' button. Just sits there and does absolutely nothing. Doesn't ever give me the popup box so I can load the fur preset.  I have no issues with the 3dl side and 'Attach Preset'. That goes very quickly, even with hair as high as 1,200,000. 
    I'm using LAMH for beta testing fur presets, and an occasional render. Not interested in hair creation. But since I beta test fur presets, I need 'to OBJ' to work for me to do Iray renders of the fur.

Version: Look at my Hair 1.6.0.1
    Files location:
    C:/Users/Owner/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/lookatmyhairAM/lookatmyhair.cfg
    Style path:
    stylePath = 'C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/plugins/lookatmyhairAM'

Here's a snippet from the log from today. Not the whole entry, but enough maybe you can see something.

(Mon Sep 30 08:50:21 2019): Look at my Hair 1.6.0.1 started: Mon Sep 30 08:50:21 2019
    (Mon Sep 30 08:50:21 2019): b SetupLayout
    (Mon Sep 30 08:50:21 2019): Available desktop resolution: 1680, 1010
    (Mon Sep 30 08:50:21 2019): Main window resized at: 1226, 970
    (Mon Sep 30 08:50:21 2019): stylePath = 'C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/plugins/lookatmyhairAM'
    (Mon Sep 30 08:50:21 2019): Depth buffer precision: 32bit
    (Mon Sep 30 08:50:21 2019): b SetupAppFrame
    (Mon Sep 30 08:50:21 2019): b SetupPopulateTab
    (Mon Sep 30 08:50:21 2019): pTab: 640,480
    (Mon Sep 30 08:50:21 2019): b SetupLoadSaveFrame
    (Mon Sep 30 08:50:21 2019): b populateList
    (Mon Sep 30 08:50:21 2019): setGLMode(a): e 3 -1
    (Mon Sep 30 08:50:21 2019): interface created
    (Mon Sep 30 08:50:21 2019): LAMH Session Started (1.6.0.1)
    (Mon Sep 30 08:50:28 2019): S: HiveWireBigDog
    (Mon Sep 30 08:50:28 2019): S: HiveWireBigDog
    (Mon Sep 30 08:50:28 2019): Selected: HiveWireBigDog
    (Mon Sep 30 08:50:29 2019): dL: (e) Message From: DzScene Scene
    (Mon Sep 30 08:50:29 2019): dl1
    (Mon Sep 30 08:50:29 2019): dl2
    (Mon Sep 30 08:50:29 2019): dl3
    (Mon Sep 30 08:50:29 2019): dl4
    (Mon Sep 30 08:50:33 2019): Timer: _tranformStop
    (Mon Sep 30 08:50:34 2019): _tranformTimeout
    (Mon Sep 30 08:50:35 2019): Timer: _tranformStop
    (Mon Sep 30 08:50:36 2019): _tranformTimeout

Then more of the dl1-4 lines and finally
    (Mon Sep 30 09:22:50 2019): appClosing()
    (Mon Sep 30 09:22:50 2019): qL:
    (Mon Sep 30 09:22:50 2019): PaneClosing

Not sure why it gives 2 lines of S: HiveWireBigDog and 2 lines of Timer:_tranformStop. Is that normal?

I bought the paid version in 2015, have my SN, Personal Code and Activation Code entered.  Previous to buying the paid version, I did have the free player. I looked at the pdf but it seems dedicated to making hair. I don't need that. 

My computer specs are below in my signature. I shouldn't have an issue. Right now I'm attempting to use 500 hairs just to see if it will work, but it won't. Need your help and hope it's a simple explanation. Need your help please.

Post edited by sapat on
  • It doesn't say much in the log file. Do you have other models to try for a test? Set a low export count to try things.

edited September 2019

I have several HW animals. No Daz animals with fur presets (sorry). How do I set a low export count? I can't even load the fur preset. When I load the animal and click to obj, nothing happens and no fur applies.. How do I set export settings if the to obj won't even attach the fur preset?

no preset showing for to obj lamh.JPG
    705 x 678 - 59K
    Post edited by sapat on
  • Ah so you mean they the preset doesn't even load and the LAMH green guides don't show?

that is weird, probably your system is loading the LAMH .dll twice. Please contact me via email to debug this.

edited September 2019

Ah so you mean they the preset doesn't even load and the LAMH green guides don't show?

that is weird, probably your system is loading the LAMH .dll twice. Please contact me via email to debug this.

Yes, that's exactly what I mean. The green guides are not loading at all with 'to OBJ'. Thanks, will contact you.

Post edited by sapat on
  • WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724
    edited October 2019

Two questions, Alessandro Mastronardi ...

One, I went to make my first attempt at creating hair/fuzz on the penguin chick by Ken Gilliland. But I keep having to input my serial number and activation code. Then I'm told to restart and then do it all over again. Any idea why?

Two ... rather than stressing over this, have you or anyone else already thought to create a preset for the penguins? If not, would someone who knows how to use the full version of LAMH be willing to create a couple presets for them if I gifted them with the penguin set?

LAMH screenshot.jpg
    1366 x 768 - 123K
    Post edited by WillowRaven on
  • Two questions, Alessandro Mastronardi ...

One, I went to make my first attempt at creating hair/fuzz on the penguin chick by Ken Gilliland. But I keep having to input my serial number and activation code. Then I'm told to restart and then do it all over again. Any idea why?

Two ... rather than stressing over this, have you or anyone else already thought to create a preset for the penguins? If not, would someone who knows how to use the full version of LAMH be willing to create a couple presets for them if I gifted them with the penguin set?

Please email me with the data you are entering, I will help you with it.

Please email me with the data you are entering, I will help you with it.

Email sent ... thanks :)

Someone please, please, please make a preset for the penguin chick.