Skin Builder 8 Merchant Resource for Genesis 8 Female (Commercial)

Comments

• n12njan12nja Posts: 7
    edited August 2019

I've re-read the license - I see what you mean =) Thank you for the reply! How large is a texture file on average please - as I want to know if this route would be feasible.

Post edited by n12nja on
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,038
    edited August 2019

Well the texture output will be roughly the same as any other character. So maybe look at a characters texture folder and see all map options and how big it is. I'm sure you can compress them further if needed.

Post edited by Zev0 on

Thanks - last question for now - is it possible to buy a product and then purchase just the interactive license later without paying for the product twice? If so - how would I do it?

Yes you can by licenses separately at a later stage. I would wait till there some discount on them, you just have to keep looking when that happens.

I've never seen a discount on any interactive licenses for any of the products - only the main cost =(

Thank you for the great quality products and support (I already purchased your excellent growing up product with interactive license.)

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,805
    edited August 2019

EDIT: Never mind. Seem to be saying that a lot lately. Misinterpreted what I was seeing on the product page.

Note: there is an option in the Daz Deals script that hides the interactive licenses box if it's checked, so it's entirely possible to miss the sales because you're not seeing the box at all. You should make sure that option is NOT checked.

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • CoryllonCoryllon Posts: 276

ok I have been playing with this for an hour, and I seem to have two choices. grey skin or eye brows. I do not seem to be able to have both.

edited August 2019

Hi. I think I found a way. Build skin using pale at full, once that is done, use the color blend settings I chose (in attachment) for Color Blend then apply that to skin. Once that is done then try adding brows set as white with blend as normal.

1.PNG
    817 x 844 - 318K
    22.PNG
    2188 x 1101 - 1M
    Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited August 2019

Now..If the brows are showing a slight blue tint you can set the SSS reflective tint to white on the skins shader. Make sure you select the skin and lip channels so it applies to all.

3.PNG
    2122 x 1264 - 2M
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • OdinVonDOdinVonD Posts: 243

So I have a question about saving the materials at the end: 

Once they're saved, is there a quick and easy way to apply the saved mats? I made a character and want to use her in lots of different scenes, but I can't clear out my temp files because that's where she gets her skin from. I know I can go through and apply the base skin and others through the surfaces tab, but that's a lot of file-surfing. 

edited August 2019

Hi. The user guide explains all you need to know. You will basically save skin as a material preset to a location of your choice, and it will use saved textures, not anything from temp folder.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    Zev0 said:

Hi. The user guide explains all you need to know. You will basically save skin as a material preset to a location of your choice, and it will use saved textures, not anything from temp folder.

I read the user guide and saw that, but it doesn't for me. That's why I'm confused. I hit the "Create Material Preset" buttons and confirmed that they're exported to the folder I specified, but the model keeps using the ones from the temp folder. I checked by going into the surfaces tab and checking what the files for the "Base Colour" and other settings are. They're all using the temp files. 

That did the trick. TY much!

I COULD be wrong. but might it be that the figure is set to use the temp folder ones? The database likely doesn't know you want to the newly created preset, so it's still using (or trying to use) the one it knows about. 

Coryllon said:

I COULD be wrong. but might it be that the figure is set to use the temp folder ones? The database likely doesn't know you want to the newly created preset, so it's still using (or trying to use) the one it knows about. 

That's what I'm getting at though: how do you switch it over? I don't know of any other way than manually changing them all in the surfaces tab. 

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,070
    OdinVonD said:
    Coryllon said:

That's what I'm getting at though: how do you switch it over? I don't know of any other way than manually changing them all in the surfaces tab.

After you have created the materials preset, you need to go to where you saved it and apply it to your figure - this should then load the textures from where they were saved (instead of the temp files)

edited August 2019
    MelanieL said:
    OdinVonD said:
    Coryllon said:

After you have created the materials preset, you need to go to where you saved it and apply it to your figure - this should then load the textures from where they were saved (instead of the temp files)

Got it! I went and dragged and dropped in the .duf files with G8F selected and it transfered them onto her. Thanks! (I've literally never done it that way before, so please excuse my noobness) 

Post edited by OdinVonD on
  • I have a stupid question. I loaded the Victoria 8 base character, and put the Summer for Victoria 7 skin on it. With the exception of having to mess around with some of the surface color settings to get everything to match, and having to use different eye color textures from one of the G8 characters(for some reason, the iris & sclera showed a bright white outline on the border between them), everything matches up. Would Skinbuilder8 work on this skin, being that its a Victoria 7 skin base on a Victoria 8 base? I'm just looking to add some eyeshadow & liner with it.

SB8 is designed for the Base UV. Applying it's features to a UV other than the base is a hit and miss, depending how much variation there is on them.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,874

If someone really wants to, a possibility:

Use transfer map to convert OtherUv to base un, save that to a folder.

Use SkinBuilder

Either use as is or convert back to the other Uv

• magog_a4eb71abmagog_a4eb71ab Posts: 769
    edited August 2019

Well, it worked, but only after I reverted back to the original .jpg image for both the Glossy Layered Weight and Top Coat Weight. The images that SB generates and replaces for those two surface layers(originally uses SummerHeadS_1001) causes a mismatch with the torso textures.

Edit: The point is moot anyway. Now I remember why I never used the Summer for Victoria7 skin. They screwed something up with it, probably the SSS Reflectance Tint or other parameters. The torso, arms, and anatomical elements have seams between them or are different colors. Irritates the hell out of me that I wasted all this time, and Zev0's time to respond, only to find the skin textures are useless to me... angry

V8BSummerSkT1.png
    806 x 849 - 869K
    Post edited by magog_a4eb71ab on
  • Hi!

I just got both skin builder 3 and 8, and I have been playing around with them a bit. I was wondering how would I do to make a skin more on the "stylized" side. Like this pic on skin builder 3 promo
    https://www.daz3d.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/p/o/popup_24_2_1.jpg

With very pale skin it's not too much of an issue just using the default texture, but with darker skins the details are a lot more obvious, and I mean just the ones the base skin has, not using any overlays. Tried using Girl 7 and Sakura 8 skin as base (on the respective tools) but the placing of things don't work very well on those. indecision

Thanks and awesome work Zev0! I find your stuff really helpful so I try to get as many as I can smiley

edited August 2019

Hi. Thanks for the support:) To make more stylized skin, use the colour blend option and set colour blend mode to normal.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited August 2019

Well, it worked, but only after I reverted back to the original .jpg image for both the Glossy Layered Weight and Top Coat Weight. The images that SB generates and replaces for those two surface layers(originally uses SummerHeadS_1001) causes a mismatch with the torso textures.

Edit: The point is moot anyway. Now I remember why I never used the Summer for Victoria7 skin. They screwed something up with it, probably the SSS Reflectance Tint or other parameters. The torso, arms, and anatomical elements have seams between them or are different colors. Irritates the hell out of me that I wasted all this time, and Zev0's time to respond, only to find the skin textures are useless to me... angry

Sorry to hear. To make sure all colors and values are the same on skin just click on the skin option under surfaces and it will change all related skin channels at once. EG if you change a colour or value with that highlighted it will apply to all, so that conformity is easier. Also dont forget to select lips.

Capture.PNG
    1325 x 1166 - 386K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Zev0 said:

Hi. Thanks for the support:) To make more stylized skin, use the colour blend option and set colour blend mode to normal.

Yes! That worked perfectly and it made so much sense when I read it that I felt dumb xD

Thanks!

•  hi  I'm have a 

Failure in Skin Builder 8 in the UV of feet is throwing me back by the UV failures and seams of SB8. Is there a corrected version?

.Here are some examples that is why I was thrown back a project by these seams in the foot.

Thanks

buela (2).jpg
    1500 x 1500 - 579K
    buela (4).jpg
    1500 x 1500 - 581K

Hi. What skin blend\colour are you using are you using?

•  hello I did mix simply is the basic dark skin and those image is the image of the renderosity tester

• bu_es_d66e03e3c8bu_es_d66e03e3c8 Posts: 19
    edited September 2019

It is a version that tries not to notice the cut but for the second time they tell me the same.

Post edited by bu_es_d66e03e3c8 on
    edited September 2019

Please do not post full UV textures in the forum. Rather PM me. Can you remove that texture please. It count's as free distrubution and is not allowed. Thanks.

Post edited by Zev0 on