Carrara Sale Email Message Alert thread

Comments

• dbdigital2dbdigital2 Posts: 270

the instancing part won't work so you will have to redo it with replicators. wink

Yeah figured that part, but if it works otherwise ... :)

Thanks Stezza and Darth.

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

the instancing part won't work so you will have to redo it with replicators. wink

Sounds like a job for a plug-in guru! Carrara reads the instances & instance groups from the file, and puts them in the scene tree. They just contain no model data . . .

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,811

Sounds like a job for a plug-in guru! Carrara reads the instances & instance groups from the file, and puts them in the scene tree. They just contain no model data . . .

I used Tottes instances to mesh product in DAZ studio but that of course creates piles of geometry 

when it works

it doesn’t on everything 

odd how Carrara won’t load objects using those instances as proxies either, they all land 0,0,0 or that would be another way, iClone I can actually duplicate the missing things and do attach to and choose position and rotation and it will land the right spots for some reason Carrara handles world space and local space differently I know this with obj imports.

I think it's simply that instances happened after the last refresh to Carrara's .duf reader.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

default instancing impractical anyhoos

most of it prolly off camera.  and the geometry under it impractical high poly for something hidden under grasses and bushes.

One tip: if the DS set has used UltraScatter or UltraScatter Pro to create its instances (which my sets mostly do), check the set's Textures folder for masks. These can be directly plugged into Carrara's replicator shaders. You won't get 100% identical results, but it'll be close.

which was the set with modelled leaves?  there was one with no transmaps?

i iso of a tree canopy, like a wookie planet. lighting ambient occlusion, w/o the idl

well, it not on sale, but i just noticed the mill subdragon has carrara shaders

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073

The Weekend Genesis 2 sale has 29 Carrara items.

sale weekend genesis 2.JPG
    1422 x 825 - 189K
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,800

with the aussie $ now down to .67cUS I won't be buying stuff from anywhere outside of Aus.. surprise  crying

especially here where you have to buy a new release to get a discount.  angry

• 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,017
    PA sales have started, some random sales that barely makes sense. There is a 20% off code that may work...

well,  i dont think is in store no moars.

i dont know how to set up the TP paint brush sampler

tp.JPG
    515 x 255 - 30K

Several Carrara dynamic hair products in the hair-related PA sale.

carrara hair in sale.JPG
    1411 x 824 - 154K

oh sky, did i miss it?

40% off some PA Carrara items. 2 for 50%.
    The weekly freebies are now on their 3rd week, better call them monthly... Fast grab is getting updated daily though.

yeah  finally got the skye hair

now i have to install v4 on my new pc to use it

wonder if it works on the v4 skull cap

Bi weekly freebies updated: https://www.daz3d.com/free-3d-models#
    edited September 2019

There are several Carrara items in the Daz Original section of today's PA sale.  Some of these might be items from Carrara PAs who have been culled from the store, and have transferred their items to Daz.

I recommend filtering by software (Carrara) on the store sale page.  This Fire and Ice hair is just one example.

https://www.daz3d.com/props-and-misc#index=0&order=popular^1&filtered=1

EDIT:  It appears that there are Carrara items included in the "Places and Things" Daz Originals area and the "Props" Daz Originals area.

Fire and Ice Sale.JPG
    1406 x 825 - 146K
    Post edited by Diomede on

There are several Carrara items in the Daz Original section of today's PA sale.  Some of these might be items from Carrara PAs who have been culled from the store, and have transferred their items to Daz.

I recommend filtering by software (Carrara) on the store sale page.  This Fire and Ice hair is just one example.

https://www.daz3d.com/props-and-misc#index=0&order=popular^1&filtered=1

EDIT:  It appears that there are Carrara items included in the "Places and Things" Daz Originals area and the "Props" Daz Originals area.

lol

i see 6 of 4958 items

Flash sale on HowieFarkes...
    3drendero said:

what?  where?  not seeing sale prices in my w/l  dang it  was the flash real quick?

Mystarra said:
    3drendero said:

what?  where?  not seeing sale prices in my w/l  dang it  was the flash real quick?

found it.  it was one of those had to have a new crappe in the cart.  lol
    so now i got Byodo In, yayy  and a fresh new tomato and pickle sammich

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,800

Picked up Howie's Japan gardens bundle wink  yes

no other purhase of new products was required for me cool

edited September 2019

fg  https://www.daz3d.com/wicked-sci-fi-crates

mann i'se a sucka for scifi crates.   i doooont need more crates.  but i luv em.

remember the firefly episode, River was in the box. actually it was the 1st episode.

they said the actress said, (summer glau) does this box make me look fat.  lol  she's so cute, reminds me of aiko 3  

Post edited by Mistara on
    All PA stores 40% off this weekend.

another chance to buy another howie set. smiley

3drendero said:

0 of 13 items

shux