Carrara Sale Email Message Alert thread

14647484951

Comments

  • SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,550
    ProPose said:
    3drendero said:
    I didn't think TerraDomes worked in Carrara... even though I blindly bought one years ago.

    Just re-visited the Carrara Cafe for the first time since its revamp... looks great!  Thank you for keeping it going.

    heart  Silene

    TerraDome 1 and 2 work in Carrara via Poser.  Load the morphs in Poser and save as cr2.  Then the morphs show up in Carrara.  I use them all the time.

    I don't have Poser... indecision  Used to have version 9, but did not upgrade to 10 or 11, so now am left out in the cold and would have to purchase.  

    Phil... I wish you'd do a tut for creating clothes in Carrara and sell on that other site... as it seems we are not encouraged here to use the C word in a context with modelling!  I'd buy such a tut in a heartbeat. I get tired of going all around the block with ZBrush, Carrara, Blender and whatever other software.

    If I got up to Leeds, I'd pay you for a day's tutoring... maybe next summer after my eyes are all done and dusted.

    smiley Silene

  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 4,998
    ProPose said:
    3drendero said:
    I didn't think TerraDomes worked in Carrara... even though I blindly bought one years ago.

    Just re-visited the Carrara Cafe for the first time since its revamp... looks great!  Thank you for keeping it going.

    heart  Silene

    TerraDome 1 and 2 work in Carrara via Poser.  Load the morphs in Poser and save as cr2.  Then the morphs show up in Carrara.  I use them all the time.

    I don't have Poser... indecision  Used to have version 9, but did not upgrade to 10 or 11, so now am left out in the cold and would have to purchase.  

    Phil... I wish you'd do a tut for creating clothes in Carrara and sell on that other site... as it seems we are not encouraged here to use the C word in a context with modelling!  I'd buy such a tut in a heartbeat. I get tired of going all around the block with ZBrush, Carrara, Blender and whatever other software.

    If I got up to Leeds, I'd pay you for a day's tutoring... maybe next summer after my eyes are all done and dusted.

    smiley Silene

    It's been a while since I looked at it but as I remember I covered clothing quite a bit in the Advanced Carrara training that I did with Infinite Skills.  For serious clothing making I would recommend Marvelous Designer, it is pricy but there is nothing like it and with its latest update you can retopo the mesh directly within the program which is a great benefit. If you are looking to sell clothing, you'd probably make the cost of the program back with the first product.

    Also keep in mind that the principles of most modelling tutorials can be transleted to Carrara, so they don't have to be Carrara specific to be of use. Of course sculpting programs like Zbrush are a different matter.

    And if you ever come up to Leeds I'd be happy to meet up and have a drink.

  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 14,811
    3drendero said:
    PC+ member sale. 2.99 for Lorenzo and Loretta. See the other forum thread for renders. https://www.daz3d.com/lorenzo-and-loretta-bundle

    I ended up getting so many Predatron goodies from this sale that I had to write him an apology letter! I felt guilty getting so many things for so little!

    Already having Loretta and Lorenzo, many of his other products have been in my wishlist for a while now - simply due to a lack of resources on my end. I already had many of the items in some of his bundles, but bought them anyway for the thing or things that I didn't have - and that cool book that he and Diane wrote about being Daz3d PAs... I've wanted that since it came out!

    Wow, I crossed off so many things from my Predatron list!

    You know how I like to sort my Poser content into separate "Runtime" categories, right? I have one runtime called "Predatron", and it doesn't even contain any of his scene and stuff... just his stand-alone figures! He started implementing "Pose Dials" on his figure's CR2s before Daz3d did, I think, which were first introduced on Generation 4 figures via the Morphs++ pack as "Morphforms". These dials are amazing for correcting anomalies when using animated poses meant for other figures!

  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 14,811

    TheDigiVault also had some items up for grabs in that sale that I eagerly added to my library. Well... so did a lot of other artists. I'm grateful to them all for their amazing generosity! heart

  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 22,674

    Thats OK Dart I will be paying more for them in future sales, have wishlisted the lowrez's I haven't got and have a lot of their other stuff I paid more for.

  • UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 2,303

    New freebies posted.

    Can't believe I beat 3drendero to announce this. smiley

  • 3drendero3drendero Posts: 1,502
    edited October 28
    Dammit, lost this round ;) Great freebies though, 2 genesis 2 starter bundles and V5 elite texture. /Edit, also a vehicle bundle replayed and a G2 office suit.
    Post edited by 3drendero on
  • MystarraMystarra Posts: 32,646
    edited October 29

    phil's tutt on sale  https://www.daz3d.com/animation-in-carrara-video-tutorials

    cant resist it. lol

     

    Post edited by Mystarra on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 9,957

    Love me some freebies!  Thanks, UB and 3drendero, for all the updates.

    Lots of Genesis 2 stuff in the $1.99 categor again.

  • MystarraMystarra Posts: 32,646

    theres a lycan in the fg  https://www.daz3d.com/fast-grab-3d-models/

    hd, one for the plug in

  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 9,957

    Vyusur's stand alone child figure, Leon, is on sale for 1.99.  Might be PC sale, not sure.  Compatible with Carrara.  yesyes

    https://www.daz3d.com/leon

  • MystarraMystarra Posts: 32,646

    in the 2.99 sale

    https://www.daz3d.com/lorenzo-and-loretta-bundle

    thinkin of it just so i can play in the L&L thread.    just have to get over my fear of cart glitches.

  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 22,674
    Mystarra said:

    in the 2.99 sale

    https://www.daz3d.com/lorenzo-and-loretta-bundle

    thinkin of it just so i can play in the L&L thread.    just have to get over my fear of cart glitches.

    buy a GC

  • MystarraMystarra Posts: 32,646
    Mystarra said:

    in the 2.99 sale

    https://www.daz3d.com/lorenzo-and-loretta-bundle

    thinkin of it just so i can play in the L&L thread.    just have to get over my fear of cart glitches.

    buy a GC

    good idea!

    there some lorez animals bundle too

  • 3drendero3drendero Posts: 1,502
    edited November 11
    Sale on Carrara 8.5 Pro, more rebate if you buy more items: https://www.daz3d.com/carrara-8-5-pro And https://www.daz3d.com/the-best-of-the-best-sale
    Post edited by 3drendero on
  • 3drendero3drendero Posts: 1,502
    New bi-weekly freebies. Mostly old stuff, including one big ready2render scene: https://www.daz3d.com/free-3d-models
  • SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,550
    3drendero said:
    New bi-weekly freebies. Mostly old stuff, including one big ready2render scene: https://www.daz3d.com/free-3d-models

    I think someone in the Commons raised a ticket as these are not showing up free. Weird that.. they have had a lot of problems with their sales recently. indecision Silene

  • 3drendero3drendero Posts: 1,502
    It usually takes a few hours until they are truly free...
  • UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 2,303
    3drendero said:
    It usually takes a few hours until they are truly free...

    Sounds like you are quoting Buddha. laugh

  • 3drendero3drendero Posts: 1,502
    Yeah, I probably need professional help... New coupon about BYOFS, but does not work yet. Since it is a flash sale... maybe next time.
  • UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 2,303

    The Less-than-a-buck sale is less-than-impressive.  I already own virtually all of those items, as they are mostly PC+ freebies from months past.

    Also, I reupped for PC+ on the last day of the sale.  I'm pretty sure this will be the final time.  The first couple of years were spent getting old items that are likely to be vaulted in the near-future.  In this sale I finally picked up David 3.  (an audible gasp is heard from the crowd)

  • 3drendero3drendero Posts: 1,502
    No I meant COUPON-CRAZY-1 which was supposed to give 60% off any 2 items (with lots of exceptions and barely worked). Now it is COUPON-CRAZY-2, 15% of GC and an old free item.
  • UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 2,303

    Yes, I knew exactly what you meant.  I was commenting on the OTHER sale. :)

  • 3drendero3drendero Posts: 1,502
    So many sales... BYO FAST GRAB gets you 70% off any items, see the store for more info.
  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 4,998
    3drendero said:
    So many sales... BYO FAST GRAB gets you 70% off any items, see the store for more info.

    This is great for clearing a few items that have been in my wishist forever!

  • 3drendero3drendero Posts: 1,502
    BYO FAST GRAB still works, maybe the last day. Can be used on most items, try it on whatever you want.
  • MystarraMystarra Posts: 32,646

    the byo ?!!?? yayy

    was just perusin the animation sale

    thinkin to get the belly dancing for V8,  some of it looks painful
    the snake hips looks kewl,  but i really want to see michael 8 doin the movesangeldevilcheeky

    https://www.daz3d.com/animate-belly-dancing-for-victoria-8

     

     

  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 4,998
    Mystarra said:

    the byo ?!!?? yayy

    was just perusin the animation sale

    thinkin to get the belly dancing for V8,  some of it looks painful
    the snake hips looks kewl,  but i really want to see michael 8 doin the movesangeldevilcheeky

    https://www.daz3d.com/animate-belly-dancing-for-victoria-8

     

     

    No pain, no gain!

    It would be very funny to see M8 doing those moves though...

  • 3drendero3drendero Posts: 1,502
    PC+ members can get 21 carrara items for 2.99. Also 50% PC membership. https://www.daz3d.com/mv-4#&filter_new=0&order=popular^1&filtered=1
  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 4,998

    I think that is the cheapest ever for my Carrara Hairs!

Sign In or Register to comment.