PoserDAZ Freebie Site - Image Creation Party 2019

DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,646
edited July 2019 in The Commons

Update - Now 3 Gifts - Update

Hi everybody, We are having a little party over at the freebie site.  The freebie wiki needs images. It always needs images. There are currently over 9,000 ways to do so.laugh It's time to make this problem into a fun thing – turn it into a party, with gifts! The Invitation is here: https://poserdazfreebies.miraheze.org/wiki/Image_Creation_Party_2019.

Please help to make the wiki a little bit prettier.

We will be giving three gifts, one each to three somebodies. They are a $50 DAZ Gift certificate, a $25 gift certificate and a $25 gift certificate from a 3D content store ... on September 1. If you want your name to be on the list that RobKelk will pick the three names from at random, join in on the image creation party. The theme is "Where is the love for the others?" , because everybody has someone else other than V4. The party invitation contains more information and may have the answers to your questions. But feel free to to use this thread to get your answers here too.

(As an anti-spam measure, you need to be a confirmed user to upload an image to the wiki. Create your account and let Robkelk know what the account name is by email or a note on his user talk page on the wiki, and he'll confirm your account.)

For legal reasons, this is not a contest. RobKelk is giving gifts to 2 somebodies at random.

Please spread the word!

Post edited by DollyGirl on

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

moved to the Common as it is a request for images and not an offer of a freebie

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    DollyGirl said:

Create your account and let me know what the account name is by email or a note on my user talk page on the wiki, and I'll confirm your account.

This sounds great. I hope you get a lot of contributors. How do I find your "user talk page" or your email?

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561

...so if a figure is a subcategory (say of Genesis 3) does that still qualify?  I looked at some and there are no images for a number of them..

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,646

Whoopsie, The, me, in the notice is actually Robkelk. I will make the changes to clarify and will let him know that he has a request if he doesn't already. Me, I am just the help. wink

• SlimerJSpudSlimerJSpud Posts: 1,453

Sounds fun. I probably have several freebie renders I can dig up.

Cool. We do have 9000 pages you can pick from.

• The Blurst of TimesThe Blurst of Times Posts: 2,410
    edited July 2019

I would note that the link to "Pages needing images" is busted... There's an extraneous character.

The link should be: https://poserdazfreebies.miraheze.org/wiki/Category:Page_Needing_Image

EDIT: Duh ,it's a wiki. Okay, I edited the link in the page.

Post edited by The Blurst of Times on

I would note that the link to "Pages needing images" is busted... There's an extraneous character.

The link should be: https://poserdazfreebies.miraheze.org/wiki/Category:Page_Needing_Image

EDIT: Duh ,it's a wiki. Okay, I edited the link in the page.

Ah now the truth comes out. I was just on the wiki and saw your edit. You have an unusual user id. Thank you for the correction. I will mark your fix as patroled. Never had to do that. I am a newb when it comes to wikis and wiki speak. Hope you can come and party with us!

Is it required to make new renders of the freebies? Some of the freebies I have, I haven't used for several years. What about scenes where more than one freebie is depicted? I'm thinking renders from the Daz Freebie render challenges hosted here. There's always more than one.

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384

I'm not associated with the wiki, Slimer, but I believe the intent of the images used there is not to show renders using the content, but to focus on illustrating the content itself, similar to a promo image. I know that for myself, the "OK, thats what that looks like" images are most useful, speaking from a wiki user perspective.

Is it required to make new renders of the freebies? Some of the freebies I have, I haven't used for several years. What about scenes where more than one freebie is depicted? I'm thinking renders from the Daz Freebie render challenges hosted here. There's always more than one.

What SixDs said is the intent of these renders. But that does not mean that something, say a morph of a character could not be displayed in a scene. As for the new render rule what we are trying to do is get a more up to date image if we can. You can still use an old render but what with iRay and the changes made to 3Dlight and uber shaders and lights the freebie may look a lot different.  By doing a new render you are actually confirming that the freebie will work in the new environments. Here is a link to a gallery of images of V4 hair freebies. You can click on the image and go to the page.I think the best way to think about a freebie render is to think about standing in front of a store window display. A simple background, some good contrast, ie bright light and putting the freebie center stage. The attached images are ones I did for some of Mapps plants, Lyra's MilDragon textures and Kaz42's Nobiax Shader presets. These examples show how you can display multiple items if the freebie has something like that. You do not have to follow these examples exactly. This is not a set of rules just ideas to get your juices going.

Mapps-Hamlet of Sir Michael.png
    500 x 647 - 655K
    Lyrra Madril-Lyrra Madril Mildragon Jewels Textures.png
    500 x 647 - 614K
    kaz42-Iray Nobiax Shaders.png
    500 x 647 - 706K
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,926

Can we crop images we already made so that they can be used for this event?

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited July 2019

As long as your cropped image isn't too small (pixel size wise), it should work.

Thanks to Dollygirl for starting this thread!

Edited to add: please add the name of the freebie page where you added your picture to the entry list: https://poserdazfreebies.miraheze.org/wiki/Image_Creation_Party_2019#Entries

(I have added Divamakeup's entries)

Post edited by Kerya on
  • DigiDotzDigiDotz Posts: 508

Account created! I shall try to add some over the next few days ;-)

What with Iray and all, I'm inclined to go back and spruce up some of my own freebies! Here's an Iray render of The Lexx.

Lexx-test009.comp.jpg
    1440 x 1080 - 561K
    edited July 2019

Now that looks good and I made a page of The Lexx: https://poserdazfreebies.miraheze.org/wiki/The_Lexx. devil  So no excuses now. You  now have a creator page as well: https://poserdazfreebies.miraheze.org/wiki/Category:Mediasponge You can modify the description of you as a creator on the page. I did not put much there feel free to embelish, change.

Post edited by DollyGirl on
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    Kerya said:

As long as your cropped image isn't too small (pixel size wise), it should work.

Edited to add: please add the name of the freebie page where you added your picture to the entry list: https://poserdazfreebies.miraheze.org/wiki/Image_Creation_Party_2019#Entries

Thank you for adding my images to the entry list. :) The Image Creation Party page says that adding them to the entry list is optional and that all images added from now until August 31st qualify, even if they aren't listed. Is that not the case? Are we supposed to add them to the entries list anyway?

DollyGirl said:

Now that looks good and I made a page of The Lexx: https://poserdazfreebies.miraheze.org/wiki/The_Lexx. devil  So no excuses now. You  now have a creator page as well: https://poserdazfreebies.miraheze.org/wiki/Category:Mediasponge You can modify the description of you as a creator on the page. I did not put much there feel free to embelish, change.

Done! Now I'm armed and dangerous. Better watch out, The Lexx is in firing mode!

Diva, I will say your welcome on the thank you for Kerya. It is the case, you do not have to add your additions to the list on the invitation page. But because you were the first, Kerya added your images to start the list, so there would be examples that the other artists could follow. Rob found last year that not all the images that were uploaded were listed so he is saying that every image uploaded will be counted because of the way he gets the count. Computers never get forgetful. So you do not have to add to the list. You were just the first is all and you know sometimes we can be a bit anal about things, me included. Those dang engineers!

Ah Slimer you are a sweetheart.thank you very much. Dangerous? I have only gotten through the first three episodes of Lexx. I am not sure that crew could repeat what they did in the first episode.  But no matter if we are gone then there is no one to worry about it, right? Such a peaceful moment.

Your Lekku is just goreous Slimmer. I have the files to make her but to many other projects.

edited July 2019
    DollyGirl said:

Ah Slimer you are a sweetheart.thank you very much. Dangerous? I have only gotten through the first three episodes of Lexx. I am not sure that crew could repeat what they did in the first episode.  But no matter if we are gone then there is no one to worry about it, right? Such a peaceful moment.

It depends on whether you're watching the Clean American Version, or the Naughty European Version devil (I had to put up with the American version). There are some truly bizarre episodes of The Lexx. There were also some rather famous guest stars...

I've piled on a few more images. I think I'll take a break now.

Post edited by SlimerJSpud on
    Kerya said:

Thank you for adding my images to the entry list. :) The Image Creation Party page says that adding them to the entry list is optional and that all images added from now until August 31st qualify, even if they aren't listed. Is that not the case? Are we supposed to add them to the entries list anyway?

It is optional ... but I am a bit anal (as DollyGirl said, even when I am not an engineer). Which makes me good at cataloguing freebies. LOL

• MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,159

I've registered and done my first image. I've managed to upload the file after a bit of trial and error because I've never used wiki and haven't a clue what I'm doing, lol. I've no idea of how to add to the entries list though!  I'll try to get a few more done as I get the chance. It's a lot of fun!

edited July 2019

Hi Mollytabby! Thanks for adding a picture!

I know, I had a lot of fun trying to figure out "wikispeak" and sometimes it is still trial and error.

I added your entry - the way to do it yourself (if you want to do it yourself the next time):

Go to https://poserdazfreebies.miraheze.org/wiki/Image_Creation_Party_2019#Entries

Click the "edit" beside the "Entries",

go to the bottom and add the pages name like this:

*[[Star Pants & Jumper]]

Post edited by Kerya on

Thank you @Kerya smiley I'm currently working on another image so I'll try doing both together later on. If I get stuck I'll be back to ask more questions laugh

Someone very kindly added the first one ... and I've just managed to add the second smiley

Thank you Mollytabby for submitting images. They are perfect. Yes the wiki is a very mysterious place. But when you get the hang of it, things go much easier. smiley

Well I just can't let the thread slide to the next page. Horrors of horrors somebody might miss out on our party. So here is a bump to keep us on track. And because I did a little rendering today a sample of what I have done.

Feraltiggr-Aleona Hair.png
    500 x 647 - 516K
    Electranaut-Airship Goggles.png
    500 x 647 - 405K
    DollyGirl said:

Well I just can't let the thread slide to the next page. Horrors of horrors somebody might miss out on our party. So here is a bump to keep us on track. And because I did a little rendering today a sample of what I have done.

Nice. I've used that Aleona hair, but not lately.

To help keep the party on the front page, here's another bump smiley It's amazing what you find in the freebie wiki once you join the party. Here's a dress for Star! I rendered yesterday.

Star-Summerdress.jpg
    500 x 650 - 164K