PoserDAZ Freebie Site - Image Creation Party 2019

Comments

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,646

Thank you Mollytabby.

• GafftheHorseGafftheHorse Posts: 567
    edited August 2019

Could not store file "/tmp/phpm0Zvbw" at "mwstore://local-backend/local-public/8/8f/Grace_V4.jpg".

I'm getting this error again.

I cleared it last time with by closing the browser (firefox) and re-opening, and assumed as that fixed it that /tmp was full as the browser and session had been going 48 hours.

This time that fix didn't work, nor did a logout and back in. Now I am assuming it's something on the wiki side -

I sometimes get blocked by an upload that didn't go through, leaving a corrupt file (but since the corrupt file size = repeat upload it thinks the user is trying to duplicate and blocks it - ignore warnings and upload anyway it ignores) - only fix is to Purge.

Update : Left it a few hours (well, I do sleep sometimes) and it's clear now.

Post edited by GafftheHorse on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

Sorry, I never had that error, and searching the internet doesn't help either ...

I have found that on occasion I happen to be mucking about during a maintenance period for miraheze. There is no warning because you have to be on the main part of the domain to see these messages. They don't always broadcast what they are doing to all of the wikis. They are also susceptible to hacker attacks as well because they are a wiki site. This results in loss of access and if you are in the middle of an upload then you get weird messages. I find that your approach of leaving the site and doing something else is the best approach. Gives them time to sort out what is going on. Also their servers can be a bit slow based upon what is going on. So I find I need to to wait a bit to make sure things are right and that the update did take affect. This is especially true when uploading images. So as the master says "Have patience grasshopper". Welcome to the world of Wiki Gaff, where we meet some of the underbelly or should I say the dark side of the tech world. I don't get why people do things like this. Rob is always has to be on his toes with people that just want to "insert word that rhymes with truck" up the world.

• DollyGirl said:

I have found that on occasion I happen to be mucking about during a maintenance period for miraheze. There is no warning because you have to be on the main part of the domain to see these messages. They don't always broadcast what they are doing to all of the wikis. They are also susceptible to hacker attacks as well because they are a wiki site. This results in loss of access and if you are in the middle of an upload then you get weird messages. I find that your approach of leaving the site and doing something else is the best approach. Gives them time to sort out what is going on. Also their servers can be a bit slow based upon what is going on. So I find I need to to wait a bit to make sure things are right and that the update did take affect. This is especially true when uploading images. So as the master says "Have patience grasshopper". Welcome to the world of Wiki Gaff, where we meet some of the underbelly or should I say the dark side of the tech world. I don't get why people do things like this. Rob is always has to be on his toes with people that just want to "insert word that rhymes with truck" up the world.

It's a pretty obscure message that makes it sound like the error is on the client side not the server side (with references to 'local').

But, I'll 'hold my horses' next time I encounter the error.

@GafftheHorse funny!laugh

• The {{Poser Dynamic}} template is a little out of date now that dForce can be used with 'some' poser clothing in Daz Studio

I did a quick update to the text myself, but I'm not happy with it.

Feedback would be welcome.

• MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,159

I always check to see if a page needs a picture ... until I did an image for Wilmap's Genesis 8 Male Scottish Kilt frown (I've no idea what I was thinking because up to now I've had a methodical checking process in place! I think I need to get an early night's sleep, lol). I can find two links to Wilmap's page in the Wiki but not an actual page. So I don't know where to put it.  I've uploaded the image to the Wiki, so if someone would like to use it at some stage it's ready and waiting. smiley

• I always check to see if a page needs a picture ... until I did an image for Wilmap's Genesis 8 Male Scottish Kilt frown (I've no idea what I was thinking because up to now I've had a methodical checking process in place! I think I need to get an early night's sleep, lol). I can find two links to Wilmap's page in the Wiki but not an actual page. So I don't know where to put it.  I've uploaded the image to the Wiki, so if someone would like to use it at some stage it's ready and waiting. smiley

'the scabbord is half the sword'

If there's no wiki page for Wilmaps Genesis 8 Male Scottish Kilt, someone will have to create one at some point.

You also seem to have developped a Wilmap fixationcheeky

I got sort of told myself I'd do her G2F page from her site. It took me longer than I thought! laugh I'm taking a break now from Wilmap, though I've really enjoyed doing the renders. I'm going to randomly dip into other areas to see what I can find smiley

I always check to see if a page needs a picture ... until I did an image for Wilmap's Genesis 8 Male Scottish Kilt frown (I've no idea what I was thinking because up to now I've had a methodical checking process in place! I think I need to get an early night's sleep, lol). I can find two links to Wilmap's page in the Wiki but not an actual page. So I don't know where to put it.  I've uploaded the image to the Wiki, so if someone would like to use it at some stage it's ready and waiting. smiley

If there's no wiki page for Wilmaps Genesis 8 Male Scottish Kilt, someone will have to create one at some point.

@Mollytabby, page has been created, image has been applied and Party page has been updated. All is good in the land of PoserDAZ.

@GafftheHorse, my dear, me thinks thee are suffering of the same, except thine condition would be a Syltermermaid condition. But in all seriousness, I thank you we lost Ms Syltermermaid earlier this summer so you are helping a creator who can't do the work herself.

Thank you @DollyGirl smiley

• DollyGirl said:

@Mollytabby, page has been created, image has been applied and Party page has been updated. All is good in the land of PoserDAZ.

@GafftheHorse, my dear, me thinks thee are suffering of the same, except thine condition would be a Syltermermaid condition. But in all seriousness, I thank you we lost Ms Syltermermaid earlier this summer so you are helping a creator who can't do the work herself.

Me doesn't just think the same, me knows it. I've an obsessive personality - but I've not actually been seeking them out, I tend to gravitate toward picking V4 morphs from the no-picture list, and when I come across a Syltermermaid lady, I can't not do it (and there are about 100 of her ladies up on renderosity free section).

Sorry to here about the creators passing, I'll have to redouble my effort to make her ladies shine.

Hi, I've tried to create a gallery image (available free textures) upload as well as a main image upload for this page. I'm not at all sure I've got it right! Could someone check it out for me? Thank you smiley

https://poserdazfreebies.miraheze.org/wiki/Scoopback_Mini_Dress_for_Genesis

edited August 2019

Hi, I've tried to create a gallery image (available free textures) upload as well as a main image upload for this page. I'm not at all sure I've got it right! Could someone check it out for me? Thank you smiley

Perfect! Thank you!

Just one thing - the caption should reflect that these are two of the "BRW Scoopback Mini Dress" textures.

Post edited by Kerya on
    edited August 2019

Thank you @Kerya smiley

Do I add some additional text the existing caption box below the main image (which is the Daz purchased version)? Or do I need to create an new caption line and, if so, how do I do that?

Post edited by Mollytabby on

Thank you @Kerya smiley

Do I add some additional text the existing caption box below the main image (which is the Daz purchased version)? Or do I need to create an new caption line and, if so, how do I do that?

Not the caption for the main image - the one in the gallery after the |

The code now looks like this:

<gallery>
    Image:BRWscoopback.jpg|BRW Scoopback Mini Dress
    </gallery>

(Sorry, my English is not always the best, I am German ...)

Sorry @Kerya, I'm not at all good with editing web pages. I've had a go but I'm not sure I've done it correctly. When I try to put in "caption =" the phrase ends up on the page, so I left it out. Is this what I need to do? 

I'd like to get it right because it would be nice to show some of the available textures too on some of the pages. smiley I promise, once I understand I'll keep a note!

I looked at it and changed it (see the text after the | - I changed it to your text):

<gallery>
    Image:BRWscoopback.jpg|Two textures from BRW Scoopback Mini Dress
    </gallery>

• glaseyeglaseye Posts: 1,305
    edited August 2019
    Kerya said:

I looked at it and changed it (see the text after the | - I changed it to your text):

<gallery>
    Image:BRWscoopback.jpg|Two textures from BRW Scoopback Mini Dress
    </gallery>

cheeky I had changed the text before you to just "BRW Scoopback Mini Dress" to reflect the freebie name. This in case more free resources are added later, and more images to the gallery. I guess we 'need' to figure out some sort of uniform method..... wink

Post edited by glaseye on

smiley yes I'll just keep copying what you two are doing laugh

• smiley yes I'll just keep copying what you two are doing laugh

Speaking of copying what others are doing.

I happened to find my self doing a Wilmap item, so I copied your style to try to keep them a little uniform.

What do you think?

fonts probably not at all the same, and I forgot you were probably using 3DL, and I've never used 'background' before.

Wilmaps_TwinSet_b.jpg
    777 x 777 - 282K
    edited August 2019

I happened to find my self doing a Wilmap item, so I copied your style to try to keep them a little uniform.

What do you think?

fonts probably not at all the same, and I forgot you were probably using 3DL, and I've never used 'background' before.

laugh Looks good @GaffheHorse, but I don't think I'm probably the best person to copy, lol! I'm still on a very steep learning curve with Daz. It's a bit hit and miss at times and the reason my Wilmap images are the same is because I kept reloading figures into the same set up laugh

The font I used is Verdana, purely because it's nice simple one. I've mostly done 3DL but I've been doing the occasional Iray if there isn't a good 3DL option. I tend to stick to 3DL because the Iray renders take me between 2 and 4 hours on my Mac. 

I've mostly been using a curved backdrop prop by AllanArt which is no longer on ShareCG I'm afraid. It's Iray but I converted it to 3DL with the converter listed in the Freebies Daz Forum. For the lighting I'm tending to use IBL Master with occasional extra 3DL lights.

Post edited by Mollytabby on
    edited August 2019

What do you think?

laugh Looks good @GaffheHorse, but I don't think I'm probably the best person to copy, lol! I'm still on a very steep learning curve with Daz. It's a bit hit and miss at times and the reason my Wilmap images are the same is because I kept reloading figures into the same set up laugh

We're all on a steep curve with Daz (maybe not as steep as Blender, but anyway) not really the reason I was attempting to duplicate your style - you've done a fair few Wilmaps items all in a rather uniform layout and I'm a little obsessive about matching styles.

The font I used is Verdana, purely because it's nice simple one. I've mostly done 3DL but I've been doing the occasional Iray if there isn't a good 3DL option. I tend to stick to 3DL because the Iray renders take me between 2 and 4 hours on my Mac. 

Verdana, I'll have to check I have that one (being on a copyleft O.S, I don't have a lot of licenced fonts). I used Cantrell

I've mostly been using a curved backdrop prop by AllanArt which is no longer on ShareCG I'm afraid. It's Iray but I converted it to 3DL with the converter listed in the Freebies Daz Forum. For the lighting I'm tending to use IBL Master with occasional extra 3DL lights.

Ohh, I'd assumed it was the Environment pane with background set to some value of grey (well I seem to have got close enough). IBL Master - I didn't use it in this case, but I often do wher I am using an HDRI for light and always when I'm also using draw dome on.

Mostly I've been using HDRI-Haven hdris to provide light and backdrop for almost all the images for the image Party. When Daz recognises the GPU it's quick, when it's CPU only it's an hour before it looks converged enough. Currently only my install of Studio 4.10 is recognising the GPU, both 4.11s and the Beta aren't.

Oh my gosh just 13 images away from dropping below 9000. You know last year we did about 150 images for the whole month. I just counted the list and it is close to 500 this year. You guys rock!

Personally I don't think the images have to match - as long as the "item" in question is the main focus of the picture, all is well.

I am using this one as a backdrop for Poser and DazStudio 3delight renders :

https://www.sharecg.com/v/62722/gallery/11/Poser/SOTOs-Posing-Background

DollyGirl said:

Oh my gosh just 13 images away from dropping below 9000. You know last year we did about 150 images for the whole month. I just counted the list and it is close to 500 this year. You guys rock!

laugh That 13 figure is slowly creeping down. I think you've now set the bar for us to get it below 9000 by the end of the day, LOL.

Kerya said:

Personally I don't think the images have to match - as long as the "item" in question is the main focus of the picture, all is well.

I am using this one as a backdrop for Poser and DazStudio 3delight renders :

https://www.sharecg.com/v/62722/gallery/11/Poser/SOTOs-Posing-Background

This is a really nice backdrop. Thank you @Kerya, I haven't come across this one before. I've used it on the last couple of my images and it's really good and so simple to change the colours yes

• glaseyeglaseye Posts: 1,305
    DollyGirl said:

Ok, so shall I add some aircraft pages before I've rendered the images, just to get the count up again devil. Naaah, I'll do some renders 1st....angel

(Note to myself.... MAKE THOSE RENDERS!!!!!blush)

edited August 2019
    DollyGirl said:

I'm definetly a glass half full* person, I keep thinking '9000' with dismay...

Some will never get done, mostly pose sets thst don't cope well with morphs and those numerous pose sets in posted in installments

* before anyone points out it should be the other way round, I'm thinking Dumbledore drinking the potion in the cave full, not nice glass of pumpkin juice full