Daz Studio 4.10 Pro, General Release! (*UPDATED*)

14567810»

Comments

• MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,790
    edited September 2018

zbrush 2018.1 Thanks for that hint: So, the zbrush  app folder must be zbrush 2018 in order to be detected as a propper zbrush folder, not zbrush 2018.1 even, when it actually is zbrush 2018.1.

Post edited by Masterstroke on
  • Was there an update that turned the background white or are my settigns just screwed up?

• Was there an update that turned the background white or are my settigns just screwed up?

It sounds like you loaded a *.daz format file, which sets the viewport white. Goto Window - Style - Customize Style, select Base and click Defaults, Accept.

It sounds like you loaded a *.daz format file, which sets the viewport white. Goto Window - Style - Customize Style, select Base and click Defaults, Accept.

That fixed it! Thanks.

It happened when I loaded the Destructor Space Fighter, if anyone's interested.

• VisuimagVisuimag Posts: 549

If ever in need of changing the viewport color to default  quickly...

From left to right, apply these in the color picker: 121, 141, 176

• One thing, I still cannot figure out. With the latest official release some things like attached props and hairs are highlighted in different colors. Some in pink, some in blue. What is it? Is it some kind of collision detection?

• One thing, I still cannot figure out. With the latest official release some things like attached props and hairs are highlighted in different colors. Some in pink, some in blue. What is it? Is it some kind of collision detection?

Mine flash between two colors, randomly. I think it is a bug, or they added something to "find something-else", or "test something", and they accidently left it in the code. It has done this for a few updated versions, for me. Drives me crazy, because you can't see actual selections sometimes. (For me, it isnt' just hair, but a bunch of random parts, when in GL view.)

• VisuimagVisuimag Posts: 549
    JD_Mortal said:

One thing, I still cannot figure out. With the latest official release some things like attached props and hairs are highlighted in different colors. Some in pink, some in blue. What is it? Is it some kind of collision detection?

Mine flash between two colors, randomly. I think it is a bug, or they added something to "find something-else", or "test something", and they accidently left it in the code. It has done this for a few updated versions, for me. Drives me crazy, because you can't see actual selections sometimes. (For me, it isnt' just hair, but a bunch of random parts, when in GL view.)

Yep. Have had that problem in both the 4.10 Beta and Pro releases (4.8 had no such issue). Probably just requires a patch of sorts.

• skboaskboa Posts: 59
    rbtwhiz said:

Has the NVIDIA Iray renderer been updated?

• The API example for stereo rendering has been fixed (left and right eye were swapped).

Am I right that this is not included in DS?

• skboa said:
    rbtwhiz said:

Has the NVIDIA Iray renderer been updated?

• The API example for stereo rendering has been fixed (left and right eye were swapped).

Am I right that this is not included in DS?

Yes, you are correct (or No, it is not included - that was one of those questions where a yes/no answer alone wouldn't work).

• Are we still on 4.10.0.123?

• Are we still on 4.10.0.123?

Yes, and the Public beta is 4.11.0.236

• So, is DAZ Studio abandonware now?

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,022

So, is DAZ Studio abandonware now?

Where did you get such a weird idea? Daz is still developing DS...

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

Yea, this last beta is just taking FOREVER to go solid and ready.  I wasn't wondering if DS was abandonware but I am getting concerned!  LOL 

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,921
    edited March 2019
    Leana said:

While I agree that Daz would be crazy to abandon DS as their entire storefront relies upon it, it is a fair question as carrara, bryce and hexagon has been pretty much abandoned.

RAMWolff said:

Yea, this last beta is just taking FOREVER to go solid and ready.  I wasn't wondering if DS was abandonware but I am getting concerned!  LOL 

This post pretty much allays my fears for DS being abandon-ware! It's going to take a while, but it's still alive, plus=> DAZ Studio : Incremented build number to 4.11.0.319

Post edited by takezo_3001 on
    Leana said:

While I agree that Daz would be crazy to abandon DS as their entire storefront relies upon it, it is a fair question as carrara, bryce and hexagon has been pretty much abandoned.

There are regular updates in the change log for DS, which means they’re still working on it. I agree the latest beta has been very long though... Maybe they’re waiting for a new version of Iray from Nvidia?

And Hexagon has been revived sone time ago.

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,921

Leana said:

And Hexagon has been revived sone time ago.

Fair enough, though I don't use that program that much, but yeah, I cannot wait to see the next Gen release/beta as it should be epic if the development time is any indication! wink

edited March 2019

For those wondering if Daz is still developping DS, here's an interesting post from Steve today (posted initially in "G9 coming this year?" thread, highlight is mine)

DAZ_Steve said:

Okay, so I know we tend to be very close lipped on most upcoming things, but I will tell you this: Genesis 8 currently has the features that we need from a figure base, and to provide for the various things we intend to release this year.  As such Genesis 9 is definitely not slated for 2019.  We do however, have a lot of other cool stuff that will be releasing in Q2-Q4.  Watch, you'll start to see a lot of new functionality in content and Studio itself over the next several months that will let you do a lot of things with Genesis 8 that you haven't been able to.  

Post edited by Leana on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

yes

• NaviNavi Posts: 443
    edited May 2019

Hello, I installed the 4.10.123 release a few days ago, I thought the 2 problems I had were minor bugs at first, but actually they make the program impossible to use for me, so I was wondering if anyone else has got the same issues before ? First issue : For some reasosn, the right part of the viewport is "eaten" by the right-side panel of the gui, so all the viewport controls (frame,zoom, pan, orbit, etc) are hidden. (see capture 1). The only "fix" I've found is to hide the right-side panel, and then loading a saved layout, it never works the 1st time, but it eventually works after 3-4 tries. But then, the 2nd issue appears : The library isn't properly displayed in the left-side tab. Some library folders always remain hidden, making the use of the program impossible as the bugs gets worse and worse each time you click on something; in the end, it will only show "Daz studio formats", "My library", and that's it. Everything else is hidden by the bug.

Is there a workaround or something ? I don't have any previous installers and DIM doesn't let me install betas for some reasons, so I think I'm screwed at the moment (the only other installer I've got available is an old 4.8.0.59 version, which won't let me make anything with Genesis 8 :/ .

Daz410-pr02.PNG
    657 x 956 - 504K
    Daz410-pr01.PNG
    525 x 817 - 103K
    Post edited by Navi on
  • DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,899
    Navi said:

Hello, I installed the 4.10.123 release a few days ago, I thought the 2 problems I had were minor bugs at first, but actually they make the program impossible to use for me, so I was wondering if anyone else has got the same issues before ? First issue : For some reasosn, the right part of the viewport is "eaten" by the right-side panel of the gui, so all the viewport controls (frame,zoom, pan, orbit, etc) are hidden. (see capture 1). The only "fix" I've found is to hide the right-side panel, and then loading a saved layout, it never works the 1st time, but it eventually works after 3-4 tries. But then, the 2nd issue appears : The library isn't properly displayed in the left-side tab. Some library folders always remain hidden, making the use of the program impossible as the bugs gets worse and worse each time you click on something; in the end, it will only show "Daz studio formats", "My library", and that's it. Everything else is hidden by the bug.

Is there a workaround or something ? I don't have any previous installers and DIM doesn't let me install betas for some reasons, so I think I'm screwed at the moment (the only other installer I've got available is an old 4.8.0.59 version, which won't let me make anything with Genesis 8 :/ .

You can resize the panels by moving the cursor to the edge, the cursor will change to a double arrow and you can then drag it. Try View as Tree for the library.

Thank you for the help, but it doesn't fix the issue here, even if I make the right-side panel as small as it will allow me, the viewport controls are still partially hidden, as you can see in the screencapture. I've tried the view as tree option when I was trying to solve my library issue before, and in the end, it was displaying only the current folder (no "top folder" option was working), so in either way, there seems to be something wrong with that Daz version on my PC :/ .

Daz410-pr03.PNG
    1430 x 673 - 98K

And you have all the content paths mapped in the Content Directory Manager?

Well, when I open the program, before doing anything else, yes, everything is listed as it used to be into my old 4.8 version (which was working 100%  fine). It's after I try to load a previously saved layout a few times (to fix the viewport bug) that the library gets messy and then stop working (I mean, when I finally manage to fix bug n°1, bug n°2 appears).

Just in case it's important, CMS stopped working a while ago on my PC though, and deleting the old Postgre/sql entry into installed program before installing 4.10 didn't help. It says it can't communicate with PostgreSql whenever I load Studio. But I usually do without smart content (not using it, I mean).

Ok, try this:

Switch to Content Library option menu > View Side by Side or View as Tree. Close the Shader Mixer and Shader Builder panes.

edited May 2019

Ok, try this:

Switch to Content Library option menu > View Side by Side or View as Tree. Close the Shader Mixer and Shader Builder panes.

I've tried closing both panes, and it worked, it seems viewport is loading normally now. Thank you very much for the help ! :) .

For the library, I've changed for "view as tree", and back as "view as list". I'll have to use Studio a little while before saying it is fixed, but so far it seems good. I don't have to reload layouts 4 or 5 times like I had to do before, so hopefully this will prevent the bug from coming back ? I'll let you know after a few hours, after using Studio for some time.

But thanks a lot again for the help, the viewport issue has been fixed.

Post edited by Navi on
  • jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

Close the Shader Mixer and Shader Builder panes, they both have a huge minimum width requirement.

I confirm the library bug is gone, thanks again ! :)

jestmart said:

Close the Shader Mixer and Shader Builder panes, they both have a huge minimum width requirement.

Thank you for the tip, I didn't know about that but DoctorJellybean helped with that yesterday :)