I Forgot What My Complaint Was - Complaint Thread

Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,308
edited March 2019 in The Commons

This discussion was created from comments split from: The Things Which Could Be Worse Need Cats To Make Them Better Complaint Thread.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on

Comments

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,308
    edited March 2019

I slept in but it is time to get up now.

kyoto kid said:
    kyoto kid said:

...interesting. What were the two items?

Garden Flowers Vol 2. Tulip Plants and Urban Action Outfit for Genesis 8 Female(s)

...yep, niether one was a freebie.  The Tulip {;ants were a bonus item for MM but you still had ot pay for it.

Yep, I know but it is okay I guess.  I do not know?

Complaint: There wasn't a catchup on the Bonus items

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,164

Complaint:  The title of this thread is too long.  Or do you have a stutter. surprisewink

Non-complaint:  There are no cats yet. yes

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,683

Complaint:  The title of this thread is too long.  Or do you have a stutter. surprisewink

Non-complaint:  There are no cats yet. yes

2BAE51D0-B5EC-4335-B5DD-766E8F5CAD23.png
    1536 x 2048 - 4M
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,308

Fixed. But I'm also open to other suggestions.

edited March 2019
    Is this a dog? Edit pics are not uploading
    20190311_115724.jpg
    4160 x 3120 - 8M
    20190311_115541.jpg
    4160 x 3120 - 8M
    20190311_115346.jpg
    4160 x 3120 - 6M
    Post edited by Sfariah D on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

hiccup  hiccup  darn  wont stop hicc

theres a lot of kibaretto stuff i don't have.  seeing 26 of 31

• manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,395

meow! meooowwwww! frrrtttttt raaawwrr!

(translation: whaat? how do you dare using such a title and side with the enemy to boot, puny human? there will never be too many of us! cats FTW!) cheeky

I thought I left my lunch at home but I did not.  Too bad it is too early to eat lunch right now.

52434714-23A7-4497-82F9-557EA31D4463.jpeg
    3264 x 2448 - 2M
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,724

The Mysterious Case of the Vanishing Cat:
    in Search of the Real Procol Harum

http://www.procolharum.com/young_cat-claude1.htm

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited March 2019

how can you have too many cats

Post edited by Chohole on
  • LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795

what we really need are more rabbits

I thought I left my lunch at home but I did not.  Too bad it is too early to eat lunch right now.

I decided to eat lunch.

complaint: the beta of a game I want for my iPad is only on google play.

edited March 2019

How about a guppies?  I think there are not too many guppies?

Post edited by Sfariah D on
  • manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,395
    Chohole said:

O.M.G. ... and i thought i had a bunch of em felines. my room looks soooo empty right now! no idea who the lady is but she's been blessed ^^

Linwelly said:

tho this is a feast for the eyes too ^^

if i hadn't my feline family here to live with & care for heart- and if i could afford to travel as far as japan (yeah.. or pretty much anywhere, really, lol) - this rabbit island and first the one with cats would def be my 2 fav destinations - and if it wasn't for immigration policies, i'd prolly stay there forever ^^

• SummerhorseSummerhorse Posts: 684

Hmmm

zzzzzzzzcat.jpg
    720 x 960 - 93K

Hmmm

Why?

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    Chohole said:

Crazy cat lady!  In what appears to be dalmation spotted pajamas!

Dana

Non-complaint:  Wheee... temperature outside is 50F.  It's "no jacket" weather. yes

• SummerhorseSummerhorse Posts: 684

Hmmm

Why?

There were too many cats... not enough dogs?

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,310

One of Alessandro Mastronadi's wolves to liven things up.  Hopefully, it will deter cats.

Cheers,

Alex.

Temple Wolf 5.JPG
    2000 x 1250 - 459K

mann i didnt hiccup for hours, came back to this thread and, 

hicc  ... hiccc ... 

cant have too many groots

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    Taoz said:

...saw them 49 years ago at Summerfest 1970 in Milwaukee. 

Linwelly said:

...gahhh!  Day of the Lepus!

edited March 2019

...Non-complaint:  Wheee... temperature outside is 50F.  It's "no jacket" weather. yes

...53° currently here  after a cold rainy sometimes rainy blustery day yesterday.  Might be pushing 70° by next week.

Meanwhile, in North Central Wisconsin (Stevens Point/Wausau area)

current Central WI.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 107K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795

There is this one from the same place.

I would die a happy death after doing that

edited March 2019

...winter cats

siberian-farm-cats-alla-lebedeva-35-5a33810eece59__880.jpg
    880 x 704 - 97K
    5a338de442377_wZuwvyH__880.jpg
    880 x 946 - 175K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited March 2019
    kyoto kid said:
    Taoz said:

...saw them 49 years ago at Summerfest 1970 in Milwaukee. 

I never saw them in concert but I remember their music.  But years later, probably early '90s I was on a business trip for the HP consulting company I worked for.  I was there (NYC area) for several days and my other half came with me and stayed at the hotel while I went to work.  I came back one evening and he said "You'll never guess who I had breakfast with this morning!"  It was the Procol Harum group.  My other half was always a fascinating looking and gregarious person and while he was having breakfast alone in the hotel, one of the group members came up and started talking to him.  My other half had spent several years as a school boy in England and when this was known, the group invited him to have breakfast with them.  However, my other half had no idea who they were and they just talked about English school stories until near the end of the breakfast, one of the roadies wearing a Procol Harum T-shirt came up asked some questions about how the stage was to be set for the evening gig.  And sure enough the group was going to be playing in NYC that evening.  I never met them but my other half was over the moon for a couple days. yes

Max (my other half) had some sort of magnetism.  He was in a restaurant one time when we lived near Cape Canaveral, Florida and was approached by a member of the military skydive team "Golden Knights" and offered a chance to jump with them on some practice runs for the local airshow.  Again he was over the moon for a couple of days.

I don't know what it is about Max and restaurants but he was having pizza for lunch in our local downtown Washington, DC restaurant sitting with a female friend of ours and he was approached by the actor Jack Nickolson who said they were an interesting looking couple and asked them to come over to his table for a while.  Max got him to autograph his pizza box.

Max was gifted a large portrait of himself by an artist (Erwin Mayr) whose primary work was portraits and many wonderful florals.  His portraits included some major DC governmental personalities, an ambassador, and prominent members of the gay community in Washington.   Max had introduced him to the art community in Washington and he flourished.  So, in thanks he painted his portrait for him and gifted us the portrait and an original of one of his florals and three signed lithographs of a set of florals that represented three stages in his career.  Erwin died of AIDS about a year later.  Max died about two years later.  The set of three florals were called: 1)  "Despair in New York", when he was living in a run down NYC building yet he painted a surreal image looking out a dingy window looking at a dingy city view but with a beautiful small vase of flowers in the window. 2) the 2nd was called "Prosperity" painted after he'd moved to Washington and Max had introduced him to the galleries.  It's an exuberent vase of flowers on a table with an incredibly detailed white crochet tablecloth underneath  (Erwin was amazing at detail).  3) The 3rd was painted just after he'd learned how sick he was and is called "Life".  It is a larger painting than the other two and is of a magnificent vase of flowers on another incredibly detailed rich red crochet tablecloth but one of the flowers has a broken stem and has fallen over resting on the table but you know that it will be withered and plucked out of the vase shortly.  This symbolic detail wouldn't be noticed unless you knew his story.

There's not much written about Erwin Mayr, his career was quite short.  I've been hoping to find somebody who knew more about him or what happened to his paintings.

I have Max's portrait hanging above my TV chair.  The original floral is at my brother's house.  And the three floral lithographs are identically framed & matted and hang in my office/livingroom.  None of the photographs or the even the lithographs of Erwin's works capture the depth of the colors in his original oils.  Painted in many very thin layers the colors show great realism and subsurface glow when the pictures are well lit.   In Max's portrait the hair & beard around his head has a halo effect in the original oil.  And the red velvet drapes of the canopy bed and the green velvet couch upholstery look so soft you want to feel them.  Same for the fur trim on the shirt.

TheSnowPrince.jpg
    557 x 800 - 97K
    Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

where are the roos?

Mystarra said:

where are the roos?

No clue.  Made a prime pantry order for snacks and paper towels.  0.o

i never seen a render of paper towells

This discussion has been closed.