if i had a dollar for every dream 

pb.JPG
    707 x 284 - 28K
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,305
    Mystarra said:

So cute. I want that puppy.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,678

I wonder if my ride forgot me.  It is almost three pm and I do not see them.

I wonder if my ride forgot me.  It is almost three pm and I do not see them.

About thirteen minutes later my ride appears and I am in it now.

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666

The financial aid department didn't return my call today.  I'm looking for another phone number for the medical labrator that I can call.

About to go home.  Home sweet home.  We are so close to home after doing some errands.

met the new house lady and so far she seems nice.

Home now and started laundry.  So far things are going better.  I hope it stays that way.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,084

yes

Dana

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,163

Did anybody notice that today's Google Doodle was remembering the almost 334th birthday of Johann Sebastian Bach?yes  He was another guy ahead of his time and did much to bring music into the modern forms.indecision  But for the last 270 years instead of composing, he's been decomposing. blush

I do not want to go to bed, but I feel like I have to so I will be able to function tomorrow.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    Mystarra said:

So cute. I want that puppy.

..I want the kitty, he's so tolerant.

Home now and started laundry.  So far things are going better.  I hope it stays that way.

...+1.

Did anybody notice that today's Google Doodle was remembering the almost 334th birthday of Johann Sebastian Bach?yes  He was another guy ahead of his time and did much to bring music into the modern forms.indecision  But for the last 270 years instead of composing, he's been decomposing. blush

...yes.  

edited March 2019

...well back to square one once again.  

Now that my connectivity issues have been solved, back to Downloading and installing more content.  Well, one small issue, I found that everything I had previously installed did not got to "D:/Daz3D/Studio4/Library" but to "D:/Daz3D/Studio3/Content" which is for Daz 3.1 and is the old Poser runtime structure. I had to uninstall everything I already installed as Daz 4.10 couldn't read where it was at since all the paths were messed up.  Having uninstalled, it means I hav to go back and re-download everything I previously installed all over again before I can re install it once I figure out how I set it up before.  I was installing all Daz 4+ content first after resetting the download filters to ignore any content that went into the Poser runtime so I didn't have to mess with changing install target settings all the time, as well as having to verify which folder the content packages were supposed to install to for each individual product for over 4,500 products.

Weeks of work for nothing.

Post edited by kyoto kid on

Seems like a lot of extra trouble to go through.  Everything from DAZ, I let it go into the MyLibrary structure.  then, for everything else, I have a few folder structures:

• PaidNotDAZ (which has both type folders)
    • Freebies (which has both type folders)

Then I just load each folder set through the Studio system and I have both my Studio and Poser libraries.  I don't get any more segmented than that...too complex.  Setting up runtimes is not my day job, and i won't let it be!

Dana

Today I work.  Tomorrow I work.  Sunday I play?

complaint -

office scanner not cooperating today.

scan feeder pilling the paper through ka kais  

game of thrones explains win-jing  lol

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,305

Complaint: My older computer which had been suffering from BSODs started a windows repair on startup. The first thing it wanted was to select a keyboard layout but it left the keyboard and mouse disabled. So there was no way to enter the selecion. The only thing I could do to get around it was to boot from a bootable windows 10 install usb. and reinstall Windows 10. Unfortunately this completely wiped my main C: drive. I have extra copies of my personal documents; but all my programs will have to be reinstalled and that could be weeks of work.

Non-Complaint: So far no more BSODs.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,163

Complaint:  Arghhhh...., it's snowing again! angry Fat, wet, snowflake clusters the size of grapes.  Falling densely enough to totally obscure my vision beyond my block.  I've had enough of this stuff this year.  The snow was all gone, the ground was dry, I'd smelled Spring in the air.  I'd enjoyed a few days without a jacket.  And now my porch, the buildings, the street is covered in white again.

edited March 2019
    DanaTA said:

Seems like a lot of extra trouble to go through.  Everything from DAZ, I let it go into the MyLibrary structure.  then, for everything else, I have a few folder structures:

Then I just load each folder set through the Studio system and I have both my Studio and Poser libraries.  I don't get any more segmented than that...too complex.  Setting up runtimes is not my day job, and i won't let it be!

Dana

...the issue is, Documents (where Daz would normally default installation to) is on C: which is only 250 GB.  My content library is much larger than that.  I also do not use the general C:/Documents folder for anything, never have for years.as I tend to categorise all my work, written or images.

By having my content library on a separate Data drive, it means I can upgrade the OS even upgrade the boot drive, without having to reinstall everything all over again.

• kyoto kid said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

...the issue is, Documents (where Daz would normally default installation to) is on C: which is only 250 GB.  My content library is much larger than that.  I also do not use the general C:/Documents folder for anything, never have for years.as I tend to categorise all my work, written or images.

By having my content library on a separate Data drive, it means I can upgrade the OS even upgrade the boot drive, without having to reinstall everything all over again.

You can move the Documents folder to another drive - I've been doing that sicne at least WIndows 7. (Yes, the Fall update for Windows 10 had issues with that is there were still files in the old location, but I'd suggest moving everything - it also means less fiddling if you have to reinstall Windows).

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666

I created a folder on my d: drive.  Then I created a shortcut to the folder in the "My Documents" folder.  I'll move my 3D runtime library to the e: drive after I buy the new hard drive.

I have so much to do this afternoon.  I have to finish organizing my room.  I got to get my StepFather’s birthday stuff ready because not tomorrow but next Saturday is his birthday.  I am trying my best to visit my mum this weekend.  The day after my stepfather’s birthday I have a mandatory meeting at work and I most definitely likely got to work that Saturday so not sure if I will see him on his birthday.  I cannot believe next Saturday is March 30th already.

I need to think of something to do for Daddy’s birthday on April 7th.  He lives in Florida which means not close by to me, so maybe I can find a card and a stamp.

>.<  paper jams in the sheet feeder of the scanner.  piece of a receipt.  got a few dozen reports with receipts haz to put directly on the platten.  ugh

found a a bunch new jugs and cans in the hazardous material cabinets.  doh  they know we need sds sheets for those.  i shou;dnt be the last to know. i hate squinting at opened cans of paint and chemicals.

we need a spoiler alert game of thrones thread.  doh.  can't oh my gawd dunno who i know is caught up.
    the latest k.offs.

scared avengers end gme will be stoopid.  worried for antman.  he in a cliff hanger.  love ant man.  who cant love Paul Rudd.
    too bad no xmen in the mix.  i bet dead pool could handle Thanos.

edited March 2019
    kyoto kid said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

You can move the Documents folder to another drive - I've been doing that sicne at least WIndows 7. (Yes, the Fall update for Windows 10 had issues with that is there were still files in the old location, but I'd suggest moving everything - it also means less fiddling if you have to reinstall Windows).

..but why bother? Why does Daz wrtie to it in the first place?.  That should be for items like text/Word/Excel files, PDFs, Pictures, Music etc. Why would 3D content have to go there when it should simply install to the Runtime/Daz Library (the item I noticed was LAMH)?

I think I put too much bleach on this shirt last night. It still smells of bleach even though I washed it last night after I put the bleach on it.

There was an affirmation software that I tried years ago but I thought was too expensive.  I went to look them up again and now I find out the company closed down.  I know I can create affirmations in Adobe Audition I believe.  The only thing that was interesting in that software to me was that I could create a file that has the affirmations mixed in with white noise.  Wonder if I could do the same in Audition.  I am thinking about it. Why I want the music combined with affirmations is so that I can listen to them while I rest or sleep.  I want them on my iPad not on my computer.  I am not aware of any way I can play two different music apps at the same time on an iPad.  Wonder if there are any royalty free music or white noise on the internet that is free.  I do not want to get into trouble for taking the copyrighted music I got and combine it with affirmations.  Not going to share it, but would like some music like white noise only like a fan or something like that or birds chirping or just a soothing instrumental piece that I can use.  No words in it because that would make a cacaphony. 

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,658
    edited March 2019
    kyoto kid said:
    kyoto kid said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

..but why bother? Why does Daz wrtie to it in the first place?.  That should be for items like text/Word/Excel files, PDFs, Pictures, Music etc. Why would 3D content have to go there when it should simply install to the Runtime/Daz Library (the item I noticed was LAMH)?

Your own fils are documents, which is what the My Library folder is used for. Theer isn't a default location for 3D content, but since videos and music go in equivalent folders (and those used to default to sub-folders of Documents) I woudl say a Documents folder is a sensible choice - it certanly isn't applications, and in any event the application folder is not writable on most systems without elevated permissions. In any event, it's the default not a mandatory location so just change it if you wish.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    kyoto kid said:
    kyoto kid said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

Your own fils are documents, which is what the My Library folder is used for. Theer isn't a default location for 3D content, but since videos and music go in equivalent folders (and those used to default to sub-folders of Documents) I woudl say a Documents folder is a sensible choice - it certanly isn't applications, and in any event the application folder is not writable on most systems without elevated permissions. In any event, it's the default not a mandatory location so just change it if you wish.

Library folder can be kept almost anywhere I think.

Complaint: My older computer which had been suffering from BSODs started a windows repair on startup. The first thing it wanted was to select a keyboard layout but it left the keyboard and mouse disabled. So there was no way to enter the selecion. The only thing I could do to get around it was to boot from a bootable windows 10 install usb. and reinstall Windows 10. Unfortunately this completely wiped my main C: drive. I have extra copies of my personal documents; but all my programs will have to be reinstalled and that could be weeks of work.

Non-Complaint: So far no more BSODs.

Sympathies!  I hate reinstalling after a crash!

Dana

This discussion has been closed.