Places you'd love to see made into a 3D environment

AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140
edited February 2019 in The Commons

Inspired by another thread, and since I don't want to clog up said thread with off-topic posts, what places would you like to see made into an environment?

Aside from a town street, I'd like to see these:

Eastern State Pennitentiary - would be great for Halloween images ;)

Mansfield Reformatory - *see above*

The Bird Cage Theatre - old west stuffage

just off the top of my head.

Laurie

Post edited by AllenArt on

Comments

• I don't really need specific places, but I'd sure love to see a deep river with a realistic shoreline.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560

...Portland (OR) Union Station

Milwaukee City Hall.

Hopetoun House and estate

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,754
    edited February 2019

First Bastion has promised a food court for his mall, so that takes care of one of my big wants.  Beyond that:

A good, accurate iray-ready reproduction of a McDonalds, Burger King or Dairy Queen type fast food restaurant.  (There are three fast food restaurants that I'm aware of, but only one really nails it (truForms) and that thing is massive and a pain to retexture.)

A modern fire station.    

A modern "glass box" style Gas Station with a full interior, carwash and hoses on the fuel pumps that can actually be hosed.   

A harborside dock suitable for a Ocean liner or cargo vessel.  

An oil well/derrick.

An air traffic control tower interior.

Post edited by Cybersox on
  • frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052
    edited February 2019

Sprawling Australian outback landscapes, along these lines:

F56D4K.jpg
    1300 x 938 - 460K
    OodnadattaTrack1.jpg
    1200 x 600 - 489K
    Post edited by frankrblow on
  • The complete whole complex of Angkor Wat

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,003
    Cybersox said:

An oil well/derrick.

I made a 1930s style oil well... it was a quick model for a request on the forums... there weren’t a lot of good detail photos of the real thing available and the person only needed it for a background prop.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/68425/gallery/11/Poser/1930s-Oil-Derrick

• hphoenixhphoenix Posts: 1,335

Biltmore House and Gardens:  https://www.biltmore.com/

• I could really use a modernish middle class to upper middle class house.exterior. Collective3d has done some really amazing exteriors for mid century homes that work great for lower middle class homes but simply don't work for what I need at the moment and after a great deal of looking nothing else does either. I've got plenty of choices for interiors but no exteriors.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,672

I could really use a modernish middle class to upper middle class house.exterior. Collective3d has done some really amazing exteriors for mid century homes that work great for lower middle class homes but simply don't work for what I need at the moment and after a great deal of looking nothing else does either. I've got plenty of choices for interiors but no exteriors.

I take it these don't hold up to your scrutiny: Residential, Goldenwood 1, Goldenwood 2.

• I could really use a modernish middle class to upper middle class house.exterior. Collective3d has done some really amazing exteriors for mid century homes that work great for lower middle class homes but simply don't work for what I need at the moment and after a great deal of looking nothing else does either. I've got plenty of choices for interiors but no exteriors.

Maybe some of these: https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-models/house ?

edited February 2019

I could really use a modernish middle class to upper middle class house.exterior. Collective3d has done some really amazing exteriors for mid century homes that work great for lower middle class homes but simply don't work for what I need at the moment and after a great deal of looking nothing else does either. I've got plenty of choices for interiors but no exteriors.

They're out there but they're hiding.  There are seven nice modern homes, unfurnished but with full interior fixtures, working doors and iray lighting, plus a full residential neighborhood and a beach all hidden inside this product from PW Productions https://www.daz3d.com/airport-island-villa-park . One of the best deals out there.  Over at Rendo there are also some nice upper- income homes from TruForm and 3-D-C.  

• More landscapes such as various swamps. I live next to one that is actually a National Park. It's the only swamp land left in Missouri. It has a nice wooden boardwalk that weaves through part of it and it feels like  your walking through a green tunnel.

More debris stuff but not the usual bricks, concrete, rebar and etc. I mean trash, broken windows, shattered glass pieces, rumbled clothing, and such that you would see after the apocalypse has hit and everything has been looted and left in the streets. I have a few items that work for this but not much and I have to add dirt to them to make it more real.

Speaking of which the inside of various businesses after the apocalypse and things have been looted. For example a grocery store with hardly anything and the few things they have maybe on the shelf or overturned in the isle.

wrong side of the track homes where there maybe a car or two in the weeds and porches piled with junk.

Plant nursery where there are tables and such filled with plants. If one is made have it where there are zero props as well so we can arrange the plants in the scene where we want.

Maybe a landscape scene where a country home has been reduced to rubble after a tornado and the roof is sitting on top and can be moved around. (I live in a tornado zone)

a burning house? 

roads and paths that can be used in closeups. I have to adjust and retexture the ones I have for closeups.

Dog pound for the Daz Dog.

These are just a few things off the top of  my head.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,558

I want a science fiction bathroom complete with toilet. Realistic not the Jetson's. There are tons of sci-fi rooms, but very few bathrooms.

• there seems a shortage of modern bridges for traffic too

• melaniemelanie Posts: 763

Kyoto Kid, I live in Portland and I went past Union Station every day on the way to work. That would be awesome to have in 3D!

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,922

A mini-island that replicated the botany and shoreline of islands like Jekyll Island, St Simon's Island, Sea Island and so on...basically the Sea Islands of the Georgia's Atlantic Coast.

edited February 2019

I want a science fiction bathroom complete with toilet. Realistic not the Jetson's. There are tons of sci-fi rooms, but very few bathrooms.

Ironically, there's a vendor at Rendo, dhouck, who has been doing a whole line of Jetsons-inspired models and he did recently release a bathroom.  :)  Of course, the tricky thing is first one has to figure out WHY would a sci-fi bathroom not look like a normal bathroom... and if it does look diferent, would we even recognize it as a bathroom?  There are some nice dystopian variations out there where the bathroom is desgned to be ultra small and compact... coflek-gnorg has several examples of this over at rendo, in his Razor rider Hotel Room and Futuristic Apartment, both of which work fine in DS, as does 3-D-C's Crew Restrooms 2260, which goes in the opposite dystopian direction of the large communal restroom facility.  And, needless to say, when we get into spaceship batrhroom concepts, one has to remember that a standard toilet is a really bad idea in a vessel that's often in zero gravity, which is why astronauts wear diapers and use a toilet that's basically just a vacumm hose combined with a catheter.    

• James_HJames_H Posts: 1,006

I'd love to see some Greek archaeological sites like the Acropolis in Athens in before/after versions; also the Roman forum. Whitby Abbey, for the vampires amongst us.

• fred9803fred9803 Posts: 1,558

This.

• Collective3d has done some really amazing exteriors for mid century homes that work great for lower middle class homes but simply don't work for what I need at the moment

I'm the same exact way with Collective3d's stuff.  But my issue is more about how C3D's houses are setup almost exactly the same way.  You have the main house building, a driveway next to the house that connects the curb/main road to the rear of the house where there is a disconnected garage.  C3D makes some great quality housing stuff but i would like for there to be more variety in their housing designs as far as where the garage/cars go.  Garage behind house, garage connected to the house, no garage but just an overhang on the side of the house, just a driveway or maybe a semi-circle loop type driveway

• Collective3d has done some really amazing exteriors for mid century homes that work great for lower middle class homes but simply don't work for what I need at the moment

I'm the same exact way with Collective3d's stuff.  But my issue is more about how C3D's houses are setup almost exactly the same way.  You have the main house building, a driveway next to the house that connects the curb/main road to the rear of the house where there is a disconnected garage.  C3D makes some great quality housing stuff but i would like for there to be more variety in their housing designs as far as where the garage/cars go.  Garage behind house, garage connected to the house, no garage but just an overhang on the side of the house, just a driveway or maybe a semi-circle loop type driveway

I have no idea where Collective3d is from but there are entire neighborhoods in Chicago and the NE of the US that are just like that so I don't find that unusual. If you're from the South, where the car port rather than garage is more common, then I do guess you would find it jarring. 

But yes, I could do for some variety in his offerings too.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073

Room? Or set of hoses, nozzles, and doohickeys?

See winner of the NASA Space Poop Challenge

• ColinFrenchColinFrench Posts: 633
    edited February 2019

Interior of a modern bookstore.

• No windows but entrance doors are glazed
    • Near the entrance, several round tables with stacks of latest hot seller or stuff they're trying to get rid of.
    • Besides the usual book shelves, also a couple of full-wall-size magazine display racks
    • Counter and cash registers to one side near entrance
    • Small displays at cash for novelty / impulse purchase items
    • Bonus points for including an employees-only room at the back, with spots for a manager's desk, shelves to hold special order books, and a couple of lockers for employees' effects.

All items as separate props, e.g. not like the Campus Library which has all five shelves modelled as single unit.

Post edited by ColinFrench on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073
    edited February 2019

I think the old Charleston jail, which has been restored for ghost tours, would make a great set.
    https://www.charlestoncvb.com/plan-your-trip/tours-attractions~204/walking-tours~1160/haunted-jail-tour~9972.html

jail 01.JPG
    903 x 597 - 108K
    jail 02.JPG
    899 x 560 - 80K
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Useful?

• EtriganEtrigan Posts: 603

PAs, if you're listening. When designing houses, apartments, etc., please look at the scaling. I recently bought a beautiful detached home (here on DAZ). The interior is fully modeled with doors that open, etc., and it comes unfurnished. The issue with the house is that no thought (seemingly) went into actually furnishing the place. No matter which range (stove) model I use, the refrigerator blocks doors and I can only put the range "under" a window. 

I don't necessarily want the house to be furnished. I rather like doing that myself. But look at some floor plans, see what spatial requirements are. 

Thank you.

• JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744

fred9803 said:

This.

Yes. Or even more modern equivalents. A city street with typical small businesses.

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

Buckingham Palace

Fraunces Tavern  (when it was used as George Washington's headquarters)

Jane Austen's home

Large English country estate

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    hphoenix said:

Biltmore House and Gardens:  https://www.biltmore.com/

..now that would do well for the Grande Estate in my story.