Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 10

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,069

adbc and mermaid - thank you.

• launoklaunok Posts: 774
    edited December 2018

I have decided to create a storm for the town scene I have shared here recently.

After completing the scene I got a migraine of all the multitude times spending on it and still I am disappointed with the outcome.  The water puddles, on front roof, on pavement and to the right of scene on grass, just doesn't seems as water puddles, just parts plotted on top of the areas.  blush  Water material added did not help either.  Not to speak about the lightning bolt part which look a bit strange.  I have to say it's actually the 1st time doing such a heavy storm scene.  I have tried rain too but it looks horrible as if a transparent plastic curtain was used and decided not to share it at this point.  David Brinnen said with one of the rain materials description rain is not easy,

EDIT: Re-render scene to try lower some water puddles. It just takes forever - almost 1 and half hours render on 'normal' setting!! indecision

Not working - Alt + PGDN once only manually, place the puddles under ground level, especially water puddle to right side on grass.  Have no idea to get it to touch ground exactly.

STORM OVER EASTGATE.jpg
    1194 x 563 - 383K
    Post edited by launok on
    edited December 2018

Hansmar - great duneland.  I have to give World Machine a try at some point.  I assume the basic version will also create such scenes.

Horo - your river and trees scene are lovely.

Thank you for all the compliments on my town scene I have shared recently.

Post edited by launok on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,956

Launok - the scene looks very nice, the puddles are not bad.

launok - good work on the atmosphere. 1-1/2 hours, wow! my last one took 7 hours. If you have to modify only a part in a finished render (like the water puddles), you can plop render it.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,750
    launok said:

Hansmar - great duneland.  I have to give World Machine a try at some point.  I assume the basic version will also create such scenes.

I use the free (basic) version. The output is not very high resolution, but with some modifications in Bryce it can be useful.

Horo: Your terrain-grass looks very nice indeed. Also thanks to the great use of light.

Launok: The light-bolt is indeed not up to standard. I think you used a kind or three-dimensional set of branches? You can make a lightbolt in a 2D paint programme and put it on a 2D face. That works better. The atmosphere in the render is great. For the puddles, maybe gaussian edges will ensure that they do not provide a clearly visible edge (with shadows). Puddles are, of course, not higher than the surrounding terrain (well, physically a bit higher maybe, but that will not show from this distance).

• SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911
    launok said:

Not working - Alt + PGDN once only manually, place the puddles under ground level, especially water puddle to right side on grass.  Have no idea to get it to touch ground exactly.

Launok, Alt + Page Down always works great! You poorly explained what your problem is.
    To lower an object to the surface below an object in the complex scene, you need to select these two objects, go to the "solo" mode and drop the upper object on the lower  with "land objects down" command. It is necessary to take into account the fact that the overall container of the mesh object is always 2% larger than the object itself. Therefore, the object must be dropped by another 1% manually, by changing the position of the object along Y in the attributes of the object.
    And further! Check if the "Locked" checkbox is checked in the attributes of the object or group.

• Tim82Tim82 Posts: 858

i have not shared for a while....been to busy with blender, but i went back to bryce to render this :)

Rosaries_1.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 332K

Tim82: Very good looking model and well rendered with this focus.

thanks ;)

edited December 2018

Hansmar - thank you.

Tim82 - excellent render.

The Eastern Cottonwood was made in Arbaro, the grass is made of two terrains. The sky consists of a cloud slab and a cloud plane as well as a clear sky dome HDRI and the sun shining through the translucent foliage.

Lone Cottonwood

LoneCottonwood.jpg
    900 x 1200 - 380K
    Post edited by Horo on

thanks Horo :)

edited December 2018

Horo, Hansmar - thank you for complimenting and also on atmospherics.  Hansmar, yes I agree with the lightning used.  Even my daughter asked on Facebook what is that thing in the middle, lol!  For atmospherics, I have used some spheres and played around with different materials but only by luck got this result.  

mermaid010 - thank you.

slepalex - thank you for the tips.

Here is a new render.  I have only concentrated on the lightning and not rest of problems on the scene at this point.

I couldn't believe my luck when I search Daz3D store for lightning products, to find out I have actually already bought (but forgot about it), the RDNA Atmospherics series during an older Christmas giveaway.  It was still lying in my account for a long time period - maybe 2 years! surprise This series includes lightning, rain and fog.  The lightning bolt used is from this series.

EASTGATE STORM.jpg
    1194 x 563 - 392K
    Post edited by launok on
    edited December 2018

Horo -  great realistic looking tree and grasslands.

Post edited by launok on
  • David ReadingDavid Reading Posts: 7
    edited December 2018

Theme of Lara 3d.

The first Surrealist animation short in Full Spectacular Stereoscopic 3d.

Coming 2019 for VR and 3d.

Theme of Lara 3d. Coming 2019.

It's very hard to get it right with 3d Stereoscopic. What you think will look amazing in 3d so often falls way short of your expectations.

This is one of those rare occasions where a shot just pops and works so well in 3d. Even in VR 2 for Mobile with its flat as a Pancake 3d, it's still a must see.Theme of Lara 3d. Coming 2019.

Althought this shot doesn't work so well in 2d with the 3d effect I'm using for the animation, the illussion of depth created on a 3d display is incredible. The sceen appears to be like a window into another dimension that you can quite easly reach into. Together with the dark frame I've created, the viewer is really given the impression they are peering into a dream.

Surrealist Objects rotation animation in full glorious and stunning pop-out 3d.

Theme of Lara. coming 2019.

More Theme of Lara first production 3d and 2d screen shots in 1080p for VR and 3d can be found here.

https://www.facebook.com/davidreadingofficial/posts/

https://www.facebook.com/davidreadingofficial/posts/

Merry Christmas to you all.

Post edited by David Reading on

here is another render :)

Boat on shore.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 695K
  • adbcadbc Posts: 3,078
    edited December 2018

Tim82 : Both renders are beautifully done.

Horo : great tree and grassland.

launok : nice scene with the added lightning.

David Reading : inspiring images.

Merry Christmas everyove.

Xmas night_.jpg
    661 x 735 - 84K
    Post edited by adbc on

launok - thank you. The thunderstorm over the village looks quite convincing.

David Reading - welcome to this forum. Nice surrealistic renders. Though I'm a big fan of 3D, parallel and cross-eye types don't work good for me but I could appreciate them somewhat. For me, the objects recede into the screen, none extrude from the screen.

Tim82 - awesome beach scene,

adbc - thank you. Lovely winter scene, the warm light at the door is very inviting. Merry Christmas to you.

• SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911
    adbc said:

Tim82 : Both renders are beautifully done.

Horo : great tree and grassland.

launok : nice scene with the added lightning.

David Reading : inspiring images.

Merry Christmas everyove.

Great winter scene. Excellent lighting and materials. True, the snowman is too big, not less than 5 m in height. This is very difficult to sculpt. 

Horo, Slepalex : thanks.

Slepalex : yes the snowman is too big, when I look at it he comes up to the first storey which is about 5m, let's say he's a giant snowman and he is a freebie. I must admit that in real life it would be impossible to make him that high...... normally I would redo it but for the moment I have other priorities and it's Christmas.

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 2018

Merry Tuesday everyone.

SnowmanLandscape.jpg
    650 x 450 - 294K
    Post edited by Dave Savage on

new addition :)

Pocket watch new test.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 870K
  • @Horo: The tree looks very good. Beautiful translucency. Eastern Cottonwood = amerikanische Schwarzpappel I learnt something new ;-)

@Laura: The second thunderstorm looks quite good. You have not chosen the simplest things: a whole city, a thunderstorm and even puddles. I don't think, I would have your patience. Keep it up.

@David Reading: I managed to see the second picture stereoscopically, but I had to scale it down a bit. Interesting approach

@adbc: Merry Christmas. I would say, there was a snowman enthusiast at work :-) Nicely done.

@Tim82: Awesome renders. Did you model the pocket watch by yourself?

@Dave Savage: Thanks. The same to you.

Dave - great, that bear has a name but I forgot it.

Tim83 - great idea to give us a look into the watch. Great model and very nicely presented.

Electro-Elvis - thank you.

thanks for the nice comments :) 

and @Electro-Elvis ...not it was a kitbash :) 

edited December 2018

Tim82 - great work

David Reading -  love your surrealistic renders

adbc - lovely winterscene.  How do you make the snow terrain part and get snow on your rocks? Have you used snow material from the one's from Bryce? I want to put for example also snow on top of objects, i.e. car roofs, etc. (snow caps).

Dave Savage - lovely scene and wish everyone a Happy Festive Season.

Electro-Elvis -  Alex, your comment and words of encouragement is greatly appreciated!

Post edited by launok on
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 2018

Thanks Horo, Elvis and Launok

Horo: His name is Peter. laugh

PendantWithLogo.jpg
    450 x 680 - 280K
    Post edited by Dave Savage on

Ah yes, how could I forget it. Thank's Dave.

Dave Savage : great image with the polar bear.

Tim82 : very well presented object.

Electro-Elvis : thank you.

launok : thanks. The snow on the rocks is just a bryce material, pro materials, highland snow I think. The lower terrain material is different in that case, had to be adapted to the lighting of the sky and it works mostly after trying for a while. 

This discussion has been closed.