Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 10

Comments

• launoklaunok Posts: 778

adbc  -  Your snow render inspired me to add snow to my town.  Not perfect though.  It was quite something to add snow to roof parts, etc.  I have decided to put snow caps only on the Texaco petrol wagon and not the other vehicles.  Was too lazy to do the rest. frown

EASTGATE SNOWING.jpg
    1194 x 563 - 659K
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,755

David Reading: Nice surreal render. I guess in the next one the clocks will start to drip?

Tim82: Great renders, specifically the watch.

adbc: Very nice Christmas greeting render. Nice and warm, despite the snow.

Dave Savage: Wonderful seasonal render; great bear!

Launok: Looks good, your snow town. No problem that not all cars are covered. After driving, the snow has disappeared.

• David ReadingDavid Reading Posts: 7
    edited January 2019

Horo: Thank you kindly. There is or was a good free app to view 3d sbs images for cardboard

using your smartphone. No need to scale them or cross view.

Electro-Elvis: Again thank you kindly.

adbc: Thank you and it is intresting to see what others are doing in Bryce.

Tim82: Wonderful models and images! Well done look forward to seeing more in future.

launok: Pleased you enjoyed the Surrealism!

The Daughter of Eve 2018. Rene Magritte meets Theme of Lara 3d! 2d Art render stil from Theme of Lara 3d.

The Daughter of Eve 2018.

The Daughter of Eve, 3d animation still. W.I.P.

The Daughter of Eve 3d, W.I.P.

Post edited by David Reading on
  • adbcadbc Posts: 3,096

launok, Hansmar, David Reading : thanks.

launok : Very nice image with the snow.

David Reading : beautiful surreal picture.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,111

launok - good job with the snow.

David Reading - really great idea and very well done.

edited December 2018

David Reading: Great surreal render. Don't we love Magritte!

I made another abstract; why not? Title: Precarious balance.

Precarious balance.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 1M
    Post edited by Hansmar on

Hansmar - cool idea with the "sausage man".

Hansmar : I like your abstracts.

edited January 2019

Horo: Thank you and to my nice surprise it works really well in VR Gear. Even with it's rather flat 3d stereo atm. You still get the sense of being on the coast looking out to sea, I'm thrilled with the clouds and I just know the finished animaation is going to look beautiful. smiley I'm sure Rene Magritte would highly approve!!!

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,988
    edited January 2019

Beautiful renders from everyone, hope everyone had great times over the holidays with families and friends. smiley

Tim is nice to see your renders after a long time,

David Reading welcome to the forum hope to see more of your cool renders.

Post edited by mermaid010 on
    edited January 2019

I totally reworked my recent abstract for a rather different view. I changed textures, added another 'sausage man' and changed the surrounding item. Also some light changes and use of an HDRI.

Precarious balance2a.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 805K
    Post edited by Hansmar on
  • Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 846
    edited January 2019

I played around with lattices. I wanted to create a rock or something close to it. Then tried out to add a few little plants and moss (its copy of the lattice) on the rock and then I added grass and so on. At the end the picture below came out.

Rock in Pouring Rain

felstest.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 498K
    Post edited by Electro-Elvis on

Electro-Elvis: Very nice result of your experiments. Like the rain and the birds.

Hansmar - more complete, beautiful "flowers" at left.

Electro-Elvis - a lot of work went into this. It looks great.

Hansmar : Great colours in your reworked abstract.

Electro-Elvis : Nice experiment with the rain. 

edited January 2019

The terrain was made from the Mars MOLA data (around 140E/10N), the height is strongy exaggerated. The habitat and the beetle are from drachenlords, a bit small here to see the full beauty of them. There are radials in the buildings with soft shadows.

Mars Habitat

MarsHabitat.jpg
    1200 x 720 - 62K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791

Wondeferful, Horo...an idea.

Jay

edited January 2019

Mars, seems the feature right now, but, hopefully, the recent Chinese Chang'e-4 mission will rival interest towards the Moon.

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on
  • SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911

I played around with lattices. I wanted to create a rock or something close to it. Then tried out to add a few little plants and moss (its copy of the lattice) on the rock and then I added grass and so on. At the end the picture below came out.

Electro-Elvis, an interesting, albeit simple job. How did you make the rain?
    Moss on the stone can be made a procedural texture, it is much cheaper.laugh

Horo said:

The terrain was made from the Mars MOLA data (around 140E/10N), the height is strongy exaggerated. The habitat and the beetle are from drachenlords, a bit small here to see the full beauty of them. There are radials in the buildings with soft shadows.

Horo, great work in science fiction style. What is the resolution of the terrain?

sh

Jay - thank you.

Slepalex - thank you. MOLA (Mars Orbiter Laser Altimeter) is around 1780 km square per tile of 3800 px, so there are about 460 m square per pixel, height is accurate to 1 m when exported as floating point raw from 3DEM.

edited January 2019
    mermaid010: thank you for the welcome but no new pics for a while. The animation for Theme of Lara is taking up most of my time atm. . . . Electro-Elvis: great job I particularly like the grass. . . . Horo: beautiul Mars landscape, very impressive and well done.
    Horo said:

Jay - thank you.

Slepalex - thank you. MOLA (Mars Orbiter Laser Altimeter) is around 1780 km square per tile of 3800 px, so there are about 460 m square per pixel, height is accurate to 1 m when exported as floating point raw from 3DEM.

Horo, actually, I meant terrain resolution in the scene.

Horo : excellent image, very well done.

David Reading - thank you.

Slepalex - aha, well, X=Z=4000, Y=300; a 4096, 2048 and 1024 resolution stacked, in the back a 512.

adbc - thank you.

edited January 2019

Obviously, the Moon is the one from Dave Savage (thanks again), the star field ftom the Space Construction Kit. The sky is from the Stinson Beach 07:54 HDRI. The bright horizon line is the ground plane, white boosted by a PHT to penetrate the haze and exclusively lit by a Distant Light; renders in 37 seconds at 1600 x 1000 pixel.

Full Moon

FullMoon.jpg
    1200 x 750 - 29K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited January 2019
    Horo said:

Obviously, the Moon is the one from Dave Savage (thanks again), the star field ftom the Space Construction Kit. The sky is from the Stinson Beach 07:54 HDRI. The bright horizon line is the ground plane, white boosted by a PHT to penetrate the haze and exclusively lit by a Distant Light; renders in 37 seconds at 1600 x 1000 pixel.

Horo, beautiful sky and beautiful night landscape.
    1. Since the full moon is illuminated by the sun, I would make it brighter in any way and make it a bit smaller.
    2. Turn off the property "cast a shadow."
    3. Place in the position of the moon Radial Light without a decrease in the intensity of light to illuminate the mountain peaks.
    4. Make a halo around the moon.
    5. Make rays of light. This is optional, and only if there are clouds.

For example, like here.

Post edited by Slepalex on
  • BradCarstenBradCarsten Posts: 856
    edited January 2019

I'm going through the Bryce mentoring tutorial and used the principles of the "Setting up a simple scene" video to create this scene. 

(lens flare and fog added in photoshop.)

One thing that I don't understand though, is that the caste was a pretty low resolution- I think each texture map was no larger than 2MB, and there couldn't have been more than 20 files, but the scene kept running out of memory. I don't know how people add so many objects to a scene (Like Eastgate snowing at the top of this page)

Mountains8Small.jpg
    1000 x 600 - 405K
    Post edited by BradCarsten on

Slepalex - thank you and also thanks for the tips much appreciated. Your example is a very nice render.

BradCarsten - difficult to answer in a few words. Bryce can natively use up to 2 GB of memory provided that much is available. The opsys takes about 1 GB or more, depending which one you run (Win 2000, XP, Win7, Win 10). If you have more than 4 GB installed memory, you can boost up Bryce to work with about 3.2 GB when you make it large address aware (LAA). Bryce saves the source file compressed and the compression is done in memory before it is saved. This can take quite a chunk of the memory, that is released after the file is saved but if there's not enough available, Bryce crashes and the file is not saved. Additionally, there is the undo (ctrl-z) option which keeps the history for 16 steps and fills up the memory. The memory can only be reclaimed when saving the scene, quit Bryce, restart it and load your scene. The video on my webstite (Bryce & 3D CG Documents > Videos > Horo > 19. Bryce Memory Shortage – and what you can do about it) tells you how to make Bryce LAA and also points to a small tool with which you can monitor the memory Bryce uses at any moment (better than the Task Manager, which shows all memory usage of the computer).

This discussion has been closed.